What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kevin White, NO (2 Viewers)

Just when you think you might finally be able to cut him and free some roster space in your dynasty league, he does this and guarantees another three years of squatting on your roster.
I know its easy to get caught up in the media and/or pure lack of production as an actual owner  Question is how often do we hear of a player missing time due to too much work in practice  While I will agree soft tissue issues arise but I believe that's more due to a lack of core strength/balance  ie. Bench press is only impressive for combine  Post Pro day players should be looking at deadlifts etc.

I'm really most excited to see the potential finally coming to fruition  I realize there could be some loss of speed but he was blazing fast  However the known capability shown in contested balls would make me believe even if route running still leaves a bit to be desired it is something that can improve while actually playing  Basically, I'm most concerned with his QB who I only watched just so much of last Season  Chicago, in general, is not known to have earth-shattering QB play in so far as actual numbers

So anyway the reason I somewhat feel your pain is I most likely drafted later than you and acquired DaVante Parker...  No clue of actual work ethics but the guy even had issues for eating habits relating to performance  Now finally may be his Season I mean Miami trading away the talented Landry with very little to nothing left on the roster  (ref. My personal stat is 750 yds within three Seasons) 

Now I'm only offering a personal take which may say more about my team than say my League but K. White is on the wire  (ex. I still have Gallman rostered)  I mean Stud RB's are sweet and I have a few and drafted Guice  So I was sitting here earlier yesterday considering options to actually acquire yet another rookie RB (Den Lindsay)  I was thinking (2QB League) that since I already have Chad Kelly rostered I may as well accept that Luck is back and part ways w/ Brissett  Then it kind of hit me!  Look I'm no guru or nothing and sure can't claim too many good reads  But have you really considered some of the Rookies at WR?  Luck or misfortune I drafted Guice, Gallup, Washington, and Ballage  Washington really seems to standout especially considering how I personally question Dak's throwing downfield  I mean Pitt has continually landed good to great WR's in recent yrs  We're talking last Seasons Fred Biletnikoff Winner (1,500 yd's)  BUT  Between competition for the ball and Big Ben's potential playing time I think its referencing actually Dynasty potential as opposed to Win now 

TL/DR  All this delay started from a stress fracture!  Something which I tend to believe DaBears would have been fine w/ him attempting to play through (career threatening potential?) In so many respects I find it fitting that this is basically a contract Season!  Basically, 2015 success at WR has pretty much been Oakland AC...  times change  Chin UP!  I already been blessed w/ J. Howard  (bad juju to start both the teams RB n' WR)  R Ballers have no off button  Dude could be your Playoff MVP

He's on the bubble, but he'll probably make it because his contract is guaranteed.  They could try and trade him. Wims has already shown more in 1 preseason. 

He's on the bubble, but he'll probably make it because his contract is guaranteed.  They could try and trade him. Wims has already shown more in 1 preseason. 
Yeah I haven’t been listening much to Score radio.  Think Wim is just a tall slower somewhat lanky player who may be just may be getting airtime for his own benefit before he hits the practice squad.   I do think it’s nice the Bears acquired a player from their LBs school.  But we’re talking Sunday’s not camp bodies.  White makes me think of Randy Moss.  Speed aggression work ethic.  Does Wim remind you of any Pro WR’s?

Dismattle said:
Yeah I haven’t been listening much to Score radio.  Think Wim is just a tall slower somewhat lanky player who may be just may be getting airtime for his own benefit before he hits the practice squad.   I do think it’s nice the Bears acquired a player from their LBs school.  But we’re talking Sunday’s not camp bodies.  White makes me think of Randy Moss.  Speed aggression work ethic.  Does Wim remind you of any Pro WR’s?
They drafted White based on those characteristics. It didn't materialize in 3 years. 

Wims reminds me of Meredith. 

Was dropped in our 14 team league last week
What's the deal with him?  Is he that bad?  Can't blame it on the injury either, because he sucked before that as well.  Man, the so called NFL experts were wrong about White. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with him?  Is he that bad?  Can't blame it on the injury either, because he sucked before that as well.  Man, the so called NFL experts were wrong about White. 
You knew he would be terrible because the Bears drafted him.

Our entire receiving core is made up of cast offs from other teams.

I think it's a confidence issue with him and perhaps goes beyond that mentally. 

He's had high expectations placed upon him, been injured, hasn't had the easiest time recovering and it all mentally got to him.

There are numerous snippets out there regarding this from him as well as the coaches. 

His film was good coming out of college, his combine was very good. He just mentally isn't strong and can't put it together upstairs. 

I think it's a confidence issue with him and perhaps goes beyond that mentally. 

He's had high expectations placed upon him, been injured, hasn't had the easiest time recovering and it all mentally got to him.

There are numerous snippets out there regarding this from him as well as the coaches. 

His film was good coming out of college, his combine was very good. He just mentally isn't strong and can't put it together upstairs. 
He also needs to work on getting separation with qiuckness, route running, and awareness. He usually got it through speed or vert in college.

Somebody should definitely take a flier on him though. Bears don't have much leverage to begin with though because he's a FA at the end of the year I think.

I screwed up on him. Here is what I learned. Beware one year wonders. This guy is just not a polished receiver.

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Kevin White "can be a dangerous player."

"He's still 6-3, 205 and ran a 4.3 at the combine," Kingsbury said. "And so, we got to try and see what he's got, because I watched it in person on the sideline and he can be a dangerous player and we're hoping that that's what we get." As he notes, Kingsbury coached against White when both were still in the college ranks and saw first hand what the receiver can do in an offense which is similar to the one Kingsbury is expected to run in Arizona. Health will always be the question for White, but there is nothing but opportunity behind Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk on the Cardinals' depth chart.

SOURCE: ESPN

Mar 28, 2019, 9:48 AM

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Kevin White "can be a dangerous player."

"He's still 6-3, 205 and ran a 4.3 at the combine," Kingsbury said. "And so, we got to try and see what he's got, because I watched it in person on the sideline and he can be a dangerous player and we're hoping that that's what we get." As he notes, Kingsbury coached against White when both were still in the college ranks and saw first hand what the receiver can do in an offense which is similar to the one Kingsbury is expected to run in Arizona. Health will always be the question for White, but there is nothing but opportunity behind Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk on the Cardinals' depth chart.

SOURCE: ESPN

Mar 28, 2019, 9:48 AM
His suckness was related to more than health.  He either couldn't catch the damn ball, couldn't run a route, or he has no confidence at all.

I can only find 1 drop in his NFL career. which yes is a small sample size, but doesnt fit the quote above 
Ok, let me rephrase that.  He just wasn't good enough. He either couldn't catch the damn ball, couldn't run a route, or he has no confidence at all.    I believe he lost confidence and basically forgot how to play the position and the coaches lost confidence in him, or never had it.  Here is a decent read on White after he got healthy  . https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/04/from-bad-to-worse-kevin-white-inactive-vs-bills/

What do you think happened to White after he got healthy?

Ok, let me rephrase that.  He just wasn't good enough. He either couldn't catch the damn ball, couldn't run a route, or he has no confidence at all.    I believe he lost confidence and basically forgot how to play the position and the coaches lost confidence in him, or never had it.  Here is a decent read on White after he got healthy  . https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/04/from-bad-to-worse-kevin-white-inactive-vs-bills/

I have no idea. his measurables are awesome. if I looked at his combine numbers for this 2019 class I'd say he is wr1. I'm intrigued by him, which is why I'm here. hes basically free and AZ lacks exactly what he can provide. Hes still super young and could turn his career around... 

I have no idea. his measurables are awesome. if I looked at his combine numbers for this 2019 class I'd say he is wr1. I'm intrigued by him, which is why I'm here. hes basically free and AZ lacks exactly what he can provide. Hes still super young and could turn his career around... 
....... and sometimes a duck is a duck.  it's hard to measure what's between the ears. 

I disagree. And it’s the same reason he was way over drafted originally. How come a guy who this athletically gifted took so long to become a productive college player. It’s a huge red flag imo when one of these 99th percentile level athletes take so long to become relevant at the college level. A guy that athletic should be successful earlier.

I don't think he ever "got healthy", I think all those lower leg injuries caught up to him and he's never been the same. Same thing happened to Hakeem Nicks, only he had a few successful seasons before the constant injuries hit.

Cardinals WR Kevin White is listed as the team's third starter on Arizona's first unofficial depth chart.

While initial depth charts are considered completely unofficial, it's worth noting White was listed ahead of both Andy Isabella and Keesean Johnson on coach Kliff Kingsbury's first unveiling of personnel. Kingsbury did mention that White "can be a dangerous player" in March, but it's Johnson who's since made headlines in camp with his impressive athleticism and uncanny ability to haul in anything within his radius. It's a battle to monitor throughout August as whomever wins a starting role in three-wide sets will have tremendous opportunity to be used as a viable WR3/FLEX throughout the year.

SOURCE: Mike Jurecki on Twitter

Aug 3, 2019, 2:39 PM ET

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Cardinals released former Bears first-round pick, WR Kevin White, per source. White has recovered from the hamstring injury that kept him out of action for over the past week.

49ers promoted WR Kevin White to the active roster ahead of Thursday's Week 9 game against the Packers.

Five other names also were promoted from the practice squad: RB Austin Walter, WR River Cracraft, TE Daniel Helm, G Troy Bergstrom and S Johnathan Cyprien. White or Cracraft should see immediate snaps with Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk missing. It's a true "Replacements" game on primetime for a 49ers' offense that is starting Nick Mullens under center.

RELATED: 

River Cracraft

, Daniel Helm

, Austin Walter

SOURCE: Mike Clay on Twitter

Nov 5, 2020, 5:00 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread