What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kevin White, NO (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Jay Cutler said first-rounder Kevin White is competing for the Bears' No. 4 receiver job.

This could clearly be a case of the Bears not handing the rookie anything, but Cutler mentioned Alshon Jeffery, Marquess Wilson, and Eddie Royal as his top three receivers. White has also missed time at minicamp with an undisclosed injury, though coach John Fox wouldn't give anymore info. It doesn't sound serious. This is just a bit of caution for re-drafters looking for White to explode on the scene year one. Wilson was a training camp star before getting hurt last year.

Source: Chicago Tribune
Jun 17 - 12:50 PM

Kevin White, Eddie Goldman, Hroniss Grasu could start for Chicago BearsExcerpt:

Why Kevin White could start: The seventh overall choice of the draft; White is expected to start opposite Alshon Jeffery in Week 1. Anything less would be a massive disappointment. After trading Brandon Marshall to the New York Jetsin the offseason, the Bears have a starting spot open at wide receiver. Even though Chicago signed veteran Eddie Royal in free agency, White is the logical choice to replace Marshall. Based on the offseason program, the rookie is the real deal. At 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, White is fast enough to stretch the field -- he ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine -- and athletic enough to work over-the-middle. The Bears feel strongly that White is already an accomplished route runner, despite playing just two years at West Virginia after transferring from junior college. White is an ideal target for Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, who prefers throwing the football to tall receivers. White and Cutler already seem to have a decent chemistry from their limited time working together in organized team activities and minicamp. Furthermore, White appears to have a terrific attitude and work ethic. Unless White suffers an unforeseen injury, the Bears will have a difficult time omitting him from the starting lineup on Sep. 13 against the Green Bay Packers. White did miss time at the recently completed mandatory three-day minicamp, but Chicago gave no indication the young receiver suffered a serious setback.

The Bears just wished Kevin White a Happy Birthday.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status ... 2555043840
And White's own girlfriend corrected them. https://twitter.com/RoxyGbor1/status/614181386417737728

LOL.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Drop him down the draft boards... Thanks Xue. That extra year man... the difference between making it and not making it in the bigs. Why did he even enter the draft? He's too old!!!!

(This is where you say, "No, he just sucks.")

Then we go back and forth wasting everyone's time.

And White's own girlfriend corrected them. https://twitter.com/RoxyGbor1/status/614181386417737728

LOL.
It is weird that his friends and family know so much less about his birth......than the Bears do.
The fact that the Bears don't even know his age, makes me think it's not an important factor for NFL clubs

Last edited by a moderator:
JackReacher said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Xue said:

LOL.
It is weird that his friends and family know so much less about his birth......than the Bears do.
The fact that the Bears don't even know his age, makes me think it's not an important factor for NFL clubs
The Bears don't exactly have the greatest track record recently.....of intelligent, analytics-based decision making

JackReacher said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Xue said:

LOL.
The Bears don't exactly have the greatest track record recently.....of intelligent, analytics-based decision making
Bingo.

georg013 said:
Xue said:

LOL.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Drop him down the draft boards... Thanks Xue. That extra year man... the difference between making it and not making it in the bigs. Why did he even enter the draft? He's too old!!!!

Never said he sucks. If I did , I'd like you to quote me, but you can't. You just like trolling me with strawman arguments.

(This is where you ignore statistical analyses on age and it's relation to WRs)

Then you keep trolling people who actually have substance to post.

JackReacher said:
Alex P Keaton said:
Xue said:

LOL.
Bingo.

georg013 said:
Xue said:

LOL.

Never said he sucks. If I did , I'd like you to quote me, but you can't. You just like trolling me with strawman arguments.

(This is where you ignore statistical analyses on age and it's relation to WRs)

Then you keep trolling people who actually have substance to post.
Olive branch Xue. No troll.

Sad but Cooper's landing spot in Oaktown may be better, and by a lot, than White's in that mess that is Chicago with Cutlet/ Fox. And for what, one year? Unless there's some miracle turn around that folks have been waiting for for years and has never come.

It seems like Kevin White is quickly becoming the most difficult of the 4-5 rookie WR's to evaluate. It may be nothing more than a trend in opinion during the "know-nothing" period of the off-season, but it seems like Amari Cooper has solidified the top spot through a combo of ability and situation, and Nelson Agholor has steadily climbed due to his significant situation and predictions of being a day 1 starter and possible WR1. White is an obvious physical freak who can play the game, and yet it seems right now that most are assuming a gradual emergence for this guy, with plenty of learning along the way. I can't figure out if this is nothing more than just John Fox + Cutler + The Bears + too much time to overthink everything or whether there is truth to this, but it's weird to me that a guy taken so early in the NFL draft is predicted to have a relatively low ceiling this year compared to his contemporaries.

Last year's class basically broke the old cliche of WR's needing 3 years to develop. I don't play in any redraft leagues, but that doesn't make it much easier to figure out whether taking Kevin White this year over a guy like Agholor is the right move or not. If what happened last year is an emerging trend as opposed to an aberration, then the opportunity cost of passing on a guy in a good situation now to wait for White to learn the ropes becomes awfully high.

I have a ton of first round picks in an upcoming rookie draft, and my head is spinning trying to figure out this year's WR class. Am I crazy in feeling like this guy's stock is slowly sliding despite the lack of new info?

Nelson Agholor has no business in anyone's top 3 WR in this draft conversation. If not for his landing spot, he would be JAG. Just like every other USC receiver. No one was even hyping this guy until Chip took him. Even still, no one is really hyping him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Kevin White - WR - Bears

Coach John Fox downplayed Kevin White's shin injury Thursday.

White's shin has been nagging for a while and Fox won't reveal exactly what is wrong. "He is day to day. It is not a long-term thing. It's a shin. Something that shouldn't be long-term," Fox said.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Jul 30 - 12:34 PM

Bears WR Kevin White starts camp on PUP list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504739/article/bears-wr-kevin-white-starts-camp-on-pup-list

No. 7 overall pick Kevin White spent the final few days of offseason practice off the field because of an undisclosed injury. He'll start his first training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

Bears coach John Fox announced Wednesday that White will start camp on the physically unable to perform list with a shin injury. They also want to improve his "cardio" before letting him on the field.

White hasn't been active since the shin injury he sustained during OTAs and his recovery has only been rest, according to NFL Media's Stacey Dales. White will return when the original timeline given to properly heal the injury has ended.

This isn't a huge deal on its own, but White's progress throughout August is worth monitoring. Jay Cutler said in June that White was battling for the "No. 4 receiver" role. Fox has a longstanding tradition of making it very difficult for rookies to play. Top ten picks should be the exception, but third-year pro Marquess Wilson is penciled in to the starting job for now.

"We just need to be patient," general manager Ryan Pace said via CBS 2 Chicago. "There's a long time before we play."

Considering Fox's history and that White hasn't been fully healthy for well over a month, this is a situation to watch. Fantasy leaguers that see White as an instant impact player need to see him on the field again and moving up the depth chart first.

Rotoworld:

Kevin White - WR - Bears

Bears coach John Fox insisted Saturday that first-round pick Kevin White (shin) is "making progress" while on the active/PUP list.

White is dealing with some sort of shin injury while also working to improve his cardio, which essentially means he's out of shape. "It’s fair to say he is doing (cardio work) at some level, some phase," Fox said. "He’s making progress." White has missed multiple practices now since Bears camp started.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Aug 1 - 10:01 PM

Rotoworld:

Kevin White - WR - Bears

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, opening the season on reserve/PUP is "on the table" for Bears first-round pick Kevin White (shin).

White hasn't practiced since the Bears began training camp due to a mysterious shin injury. The injury reportedly sidelined White for "more than six weeks" before camp began, indicating it is indeed severe. The reserve/PUP list would cost White the initial six games of the season, and lock Eddie Royal into an every-down wideout job during that timeframe. White's absence would also result in more targets for Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery. Marquess Wilson would figure to factor into three-receiver sets.

Source: Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter

Aug 6 - 12:31 PM

That seems odd. I just read an interview with Fox in which he said that it's basically just shin splints and they are keeping White out of practice even though White really wants to participate.

Sloppy enough reporting that I wouldn't take it seriously. You can't be on the PUP for the entire season...after 6 weeks, teams have another couple weeks to either activate or IR the player.

Most likely what the careless reporter meant to write was "PUP for the entire preseason" which could still have him active week 1. Or the Bears could decide near the end of camp to PUP him for the first 6 weeks.

Hawkeye21 said:
ericttspikes said:
David Terrell 2.0
I don't remember as being as excited for Terrell as most are for White. I remember Terrell getting drafted and I was happy but I didn't think he was near the talent that White is. Hope this doesn't become true.
I remember the Terrell pick very well. Drafted 8th overall, first WR taken. He was anointed the best WR the Bears had before he stepped on the field, and then Marty Booker ran circles around him. Every WR kind of sucked in the first round that year except Reggie Wayne, so it wasn't that great of a class. Still, I've had a similar vibe since they drafted White. Terrell really only had one good year at college too. It is true that Kevin White's one good year was a really good year, but I still have my doubts. We'll see. Hope I'm wrong and White is what the Bears hope he'll be in the pros. Given how many colossal first round draft busts the Bears have had in the last 20 + years, I'm to the point where I just expect whoever it is to be a bust.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Hawkeye21 said:
ericttspikes said:
David Terrell 2.0
I don't remember as being as excited for Terrell as most are for White. I remember Terrell getting drafted and I was happy but I didn't think he was near the talent that White is. Hope this doesn't become true.
I remember the Terrell pick very well. Drafted 8th overall, first WR taken. He was anointed the best WR the Bears had before he stepped on the field, and then Marty Booker ran circles around him. Every WR kind of sucked in the first round that year except Reggie Wayne, so it wasn't that great of a class. Still, I've had a similar vibe since they drafted White. Terrell really only had one good year at college too. It is true that Kevin White's one good year was a really good year, but I still have my doubts. We'll see. Hope I'm wrong and White is what the Bears hope he'll be in the pros. Given how many colossal first round draft busts the Bears have had in the last 20 + years, I'm to the point where I just expect whoever it is to be a bust.
I miss Booker. Really enjoyed watching him play.

Rotoworld:

Kevin White (shin splints) is doing light on-field activity Monday.

White was spotted jogging off to the side of practice. If his shin splints were overly severe, the team would not allow him to be putting such heavy pressure on his legs already. White at least has a chance to be ready for Week 1.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter
Aug 10 - 12:32 PM

Rotoworld:

Bears first-round WR Kevin White (shin splints) could miss the entire preseason.

White is reportedly "symptom free," and has resumed running, but the Bears want him to take things slow so his shin issues do not recur. With Chicago's regular season dress rehearsal still nearly three weeks away, it's far too early to rule White out for the entire preseason.

Source: Jeff Dickerson on Twitter
Aug 10 - 2:23 PM

White ran on the field yesterday and heard reports that he is running again today. This means he isn't feeling any lingering pain from his running yesterday which is a good sign. Not sure the extent of the running other than he was doing some short bursts.

Users who are viewing this thread