What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kevin White, NO (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Meet the Prospect: West Virginia WR Kevin White

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

October 22, 2014 11:41 am ET

WR Kevin White, West Virginia (6-3 | 209 | 4.49 | #11)
The Scouting Report

White was forced to go the JUCO route out of high school due to academics and after two years at Lackawanna College, he transferred to West Virginia in 2013, finishing his junior season with 35 catches for 507 receiving yards. With a full season at West Virginia under his belt, White has been one of the best players in college football in 2014, leading the FBS with 69 receptions for 1,020 receiving yards and seven scores, eclipsing the 100-yard receiving mark in all seven games so far.

White has a tall, slender frame with good muscle definition and functional strength in contested situations. He has outstanding leaping ability and reflexes to make adjustments to easily secure balls away from his body and is at his best highpointing and plucking with his large, reliable hands. White has very good foot quickness to beat press and get vertical in a hurry with his downfield acceleration. He displays above average coordination and footwork in his breaks to create separation at the top of his routes and catch the ball without breaking stride to create after the reception.

While an excellent athlete, White isn't a burner and doesn't have the elite suddenness in space to consistently make defenders miss or dance his way out of trouble. He will have the occasional focus drop and while a very willing blocker, White has room to improve his technique to better sustain and avoid holding calls.

White is currently ranked as the No. 1 senior wide receiver prospect for the 2015 NFL Draft by NFLDraftScout.com and is a projected top-20 draft pick.

What NFL Scouts are saying

"KW is a man. He's playing at a different level than most receivers in the college game. Speed. Size. Ball skills. He's making it look easy out there. He could help all 32 teams right now. -- NFC North scout

The Interview

Q: Tell me about your journey, when did you start playing football, how you ended up at JUCO and then at West Virginia?

A: I started playing when I was young, flag football and then in high school. I did pretty well my senior year as a receiver but didn't have the grades for Division I. Mark Duda at Lackawanna College contacted me and he was happy to have me on board there. I was able to work my way up and got recruited to West Virginia.

Q: What other schools offered you a scholarship and why ultimately did you choose West Virginia?
A: Texas Tech, Hawaii, Bowling Green, a few others. I chose West Virginia because of the offense. They put the ball in the air. I loved the coaching staff. It was close to home. Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin, their success also motivated me to come here.

Q: You've already far surpassed your totals from last year in catches and receiving yards and seem to be playing at a much higher level. What has been the difference from last year to now?
A: Last year, I didn't know what to expect. Now I was able to have a lot of offseason training, working on my routes. Clint (Trickett) is healthy now. I do a lot of film watching each week, which has helped a lot.

Q: What is your biggest strength on the football field?
A: I'm competitive. A deep threat. I'm going to block, run my routes hard. Basically give my all every play.

Q: Watching you on film, it's tough to find holes in your game. But what's an area that you think you need to improve upon before the NFL?
A: Maybe someone else could answer that better. I try to work on everything so there won't be a weakness in my game. I'm not sure to be honest. Nothing I can think of.

Q: What is your motivation on the football field?
A: Last year was a bad year, I wanted to go out there and show the world and the myself that I can compete with the best of the best. Man coverage is me vs that guy. I won't let him stop me, he won't beat me.

Q: You and Alabama's Amari Cooper are two of the top receivers in college football -- did you get a chance to talk to him after the season opener and what do you think of his game?
A: I didn't get to talk to him, but I watched him a little bit. He's a great receiver. Polished. Very smooth routes.

Q: Since you've been at West Virginia, you've matched up against some talented corners like Justin Gilbert and Jason Verrett. Who is the toughest cornerback you've faced in your career?
A: Verrett. Very quick. Gets out of his break very fast, beats you to the ball. He's little, but physical.

Q: Tell me about the development of Clint Trickett at quarterback. He's showing more confidence this year and a lot of chemistry with you.
A: Clint understands the offense a lot more. He arrived in the summer, didn't have the time to work with receivers. He wanted to but such little time. And he was hurt last year. He's a student of the game and always in the film room. In practice you would think its a game. A lot of confidence right now.

Q: Has the NFL always been your dream?
A; Yes, it has always been a dream of mine.

Q: Is there a player in the NFL that you look up to or pattern your game after?
A: There are a few guys I like a lot. Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall. A few I really like to watch.

Q: Do you have any goals for the NFL Combine for what you want to run in the 40-yard dash or vertical jump or any of those drills?
A: I really haven't been thinking about that yet. I just want to keep playing at a high level. Worry about that after the season.

Q: If I were to ask your positional coach about you, how do you think he would describe you?
A: I'm a student of the game. In practice, I try different things, which will get to him sometimes if it doesn't work. But I'm a competitor and I love the game.

Q: Fast forward five years from now, where do you see yourself?
A: Hopefully playing in the NFL, being one of the top receivers in the NFL. God willing, that's where I'd like to see myself.

Last edited:
Kevin White among CFB's most underrated playmakers

By Charles Davis

NFL Media analyst

Excerpt:

West Virginia's Kevin White is emerging as one of the top wide receivers in college football. He's having a phenomenal season and leads the FBS in receiving yards (1,020 on 69 catches with seven touchdowns), but isn't getting the credit he deserves from a national perspective.

However, the Mountaineers' upset of Baylor last week certainly introduced him to a larger audience. That win reverberated across the country, and not only did White post huge numbers again (8-132-2), he also made the signature play of the game, making a stunning TD grab on a play where he was interfered with by a defender.

That performance had to have many asking, "Wow, who is that guy?"

Anyone who takes a closer look at White's performance will find he's had more than 100 yards receiving in every game this season and a TD catch in all but one. That production hasn't just come against opponents that were totally overmatched. In addition to his big game against Baylor, White has lit up Alabama (9-143-1), Maryland (13-216-1) and Oklahoma (10-173-1).

White, a senior JUCO transfer, is being compared to Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, and while White has said the comparison stems from the hairstyle (dreadlocks) and jersey number (11) the two share, there's more to it than that. White is built similarly to Fitzgerald and has great hands to go along with a wide catch radius.

West Virginia is a surprise contender for the Big 12 title, and White is a big reason for the Mountaineers' success. He's not a household name, but he's on the rise and many more observers will be getting to know him with some high-profile matchups awaiting West Virginia in the second half of the season, including home meetings with TCU and Kansas State.

Rotoworld:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White is "tailored for the NFL," according to Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.

White has the "size, speed and strength in traffic" to have success at the next level, and Weidl even pointed to the receiver "Mossing" two Maryland defenders. The senior was not ranked highly on many preseason lists, including ours, but he is absolutely making a name for himself and looks to, at worst, be a second day selection.

Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter
Sep 15 - 10:00 AM
CBS Sport's Dane Brugler notes that West Virginia senior WR Kevin White has "clearly elevated his play as a senior."

"He has room to improve to improve as a blocker, but it's been almost all positive for the Mountaineer wideout, who has clearly elevated his play as a senior," Brugler wrote. The 6-foot-3, 209-pound has been quite impressive the last three games, as he is second in the FBS with 460 receiving yards and one of only three players with 30 plus catches on the year. The Mountaineers prospect could be selected during the second day of the draft this spring.

Source: CBS Sports
Sep 16 - 4:20 PM
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis write that they are "hearing a lot of Larry Fitzgerald comparisons" for West Virginia senior WR Kevin White.

"His build at 6-foot-3 and 210 pounds is similar to Fitzgerald's," wrote the trio. "An NFL personnel director said he's not willing to go as far as a Fitzgerald comparison for White, but he didn't knock down the comparison completely, saying he sees the reason for it." White ranks second in the FBS with 460 receiving yards and is one of only three players with 30-plus catches. "White is establishing himself as one of the top wide receivers in the country, and we think he's an absolute beast," NFL.com's draft team added. "He's playing with a lot of confidence right now, and he should be -- he's a big-body guy who can run and has excellent hands."

Source: NFL.com
Sep 17 - 7:59 PM
An AFC scout said West Virginia senior WR Kevin White is generating the most hype amongst prospects in the scouting community, and says the receiver looks like a first-rounder.

"The guy generating the most buzz right now is the wideout at West Virginia," said the AFC scout. "He's big, explosive and productive. He looks like a potential first-round pick." White already had plenty of hype before exploding on national television Saturday night, going off for 10 catches and 173 yards against Oklahoma. White ranks second in the nation behind Alabama's Amari Cooper in both receptions (10.5) and receiving yards (158.3) per game. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis wrote last week that they are "hearing a lot of Larry Fitzgerald comparisons" for White.

Sep 24 - 8:41 PM
ESPN Insider's Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl call West Virginia senior WR Kevin White the No. 1 fastest rising draft prospect in the nation.

"There isn't a player who has helped his stock more than White," the duo writes. "The former juco transfer showed flashes in 2013 but was raw, which warranted a sixth-round grade. The light has come on for White in his second season at West Virginia. He has become a matchup nightmare outside the hashes with an excellent combination of size, speed and strength to win in one-on-one situations. White looks like an early Day 2 prospect at this point." Through only four games, White has 42 receptions, 633 yards and three touchdowns. Muench and Weidl sound high on White, but there are others who are higher. "The guy generating the most buzz right now is the wideout at West Virginia," an AFC scout told NFL.com last week. "He's big, explosive and productive. He looks like a potential first-round pick."

Source: ESPN Insider
Sep 30 - 6:18 PM
CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes the first round hype West Virginia senior WR Kevin White is getting is "deserved."

"Only one FBS WR has 100+ receiving yards in every game this season: West Virginia WR Kevin White. The 1st round hype he's getting? Deserved," Brugler tweeted. The 6-foot-3, 210 pound White caught six passes for 132 yards and a touchdown in the school's 33-14 win over Kansas. It's safe to say, that the West Virginia prospect's stock is rising through the roof, and White could be a top 50 selection.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter
Oct 6 - 2:33 PM
West Virginia senior WR Kevin White was named by ESPN's Todd McShay as the nation's fastest-rising prospect.

"We gave White a Day 3 grade in our preseason evaluation of him, and now it won't surprise me if he ends up being drafted before Round 3," McShay wrote. "He had his sixth straight game of 100-plus yards receiving in West Virginia's comeback win over Texas Tech on Saturday, finishing with 123 yards on 13 catches." White, who has posted over 100 receiving yards in every game this season and scored a touchdown in all but one, leads the nation in receiving yards (888) and receiving yards per game (148).

Oct 13 - 6:54 PM
West Virginia senior WR Kevin White "is stating his case to be tops" in the WR class, according to TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline.

"The crop of senior receivers is once again watered down and White is stating his case to be tops in the class. The big bodied wide out has posted at least 100-yards receiving in every game this season while scoring against every IA opponent he’s faced," Pauline wrote. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White hauled in eight catches for 132 yards and two touchdowns, in the school's 41-27 win over Baylor. With Saturday's performance, the Mountaineer's prospect became the first player in college football to exceed 1,000 receiving yards.

Source: TFY Draft Insider
Oct 20 - 4:37 PM
CBS Sports' Dane Brugler suggested West Virginia senior WR Kevin White could be the top receiver on some teams' draft boards in the spring.

Many analysts have been doing backflips over White over the past seven weeks, but this is perhaps the first time one has suggested that the Mountaineer could leapfrog Alabama's Amari Cooper and Michigan's Devin Funchess for top WR billing in the 2015 draft. "Barely a blip on the NFL Draft radar entering the season, White has displayed first round traits this season and is shooting up draft boards," Brugler wrote. "It won't be a surprise if he's the top receiver prospect on some team's draft boards next spring." The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White is on pace for a historic 128 catches, 1,885 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns. If WVU finishes strong, he'll get invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony.

Oct 21 - 10:00 PM
West Virginia senior WR Kevin White ranks as the No. 24 prospect on Chris Burke of Sports Illustrated's big board.

"Don't be fooled by the West Virginia system," Burke wrote. "White's play this season and coinciding rise up draft boards has been no fluke. A 6-3, 210-pound dynamo, White can catch and run -- he's done so several times this season for big gains -- or can rip the ball away from contending defenders." The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White became the first player in college football to exceed 1,000 receiving yards in last week's upset over Baylor. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler wrote that White could be the No. 1 WR on some team's boards.

Source: Sports Illustrated
Oct 22 - 12:26 AM

Kevin White debuts on Kiper's Big Board

By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com

Kevin White has made himself impossible to ignore.

The West Virginia receiver has started garnering votes on our Heisman Watch and, make no mistake, the NFL has noticed the improvement of the Big 12's best receiver during his second season in Morgantown, West Virginia.

White debuts on Mel Kiper's Big Board this week as a member of the weekly 25-player list of the top NFL draft prospects in college football. The ESPN NFL draft expert had high praise for White's development from his junior to senior year.

Here's a snippet of Kiper's thoughts on White.

"White lacks elite quick-twitch explosiveness, but he's able to create space, and has good length at 6-3, the ability to make the contested catch, and he's been far more consistent with his hands this year."
Through seven games this season, White has 69 receptions for 1,020 yards and seven touchdowns. He has at least 100 receiving yards in every game and four games with at least 10 receptions. As a junior, White had 35 receptions for 507 yards and five scores in 11 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

In a later tweet, in an answer to a specific question, Jeremiah said the first comparison "that came to my mind was a super-sized Steve Smith."
LOL, that was my tweet. It wasn't a question; rather a statement. I pretty much wrote this to him. He replied with that quote above.
I clicked on the link and I'm just curious as to what you meant by "sneak him onto my dynasty team before anyone notices"?

Can you pick up college players or do you not expect him to get any pre and post NFL draft hype? I'm not trying to be a wise-### (I know text can be hard to interpret sometimes), it's a sincere question.

Bucky's Best: Top CFB matchups to watch in Week 9

Excerpt:

Most favorable offensive matchupWest Virginia WR Kevin White vs. Oklahoma State secondaryWhite is quietly emerging as a Heisman Trophy candidate after posting seven straight 100-yard games for the Mountaineers. The big-bodied pass-catcher is an exceptional athlete on the perimeter who excels at coming down with 50-50 catches. Additionally, he is an explosive runner with the speed, quickness and power to turn short passes into big gains in the open field. With Clint Trickett prone to feeding him early and often to get the Mountaineers' offense into a rhythm, White could have a big day against a secondary that struggled containing TCU's Josh Doctson (7 catches, 225 yards and 2 TDs) a week ago.

For the Cowboys, the challenge of defending the Mountaineers' fast-paced spread offense comes down to winning individual matchups on the perimeter. The Cowboys' defensive backs, namely Kevin Peterson and Ramon Richards, must be able to hold up in one-on-one coverage vs. White and Co. on the perimeter. If the Cowboys are forced to use cloud coverage (corner pressed over the wide receiver with safety playing deep-half coverage), the Mountaineers will gash them in the running game and control the tempo from beginning to end.

Rotoworld:

NFL Media Analyst Daniel Jeremiah calls West Virginia senior WR Kevin White a "pretty special talent."

"Studying West Virginia WR Kevin White and I've already had about 5 wow moments in 2 games. Pretty special talent," Jeremiah tweeted. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White is on pace for 128 catches, 1,885 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns. He toted a Day 3 grade into the season, but White is firmly on the late-Round 1/early-Round 2 line at the moment.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Oct 22 - 3:13 PM
Kevin White - WR - Mountaineers

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White has drawn 11 defensive pass interference flags this season.

White has been an absolute monster. Josh Norris would say White has emerged as a receiver prospect who wins in the big and small games, a lethal combination. His stiffest test might have come last week against a physical Baylor corner. Production wise, White has amassed 69 catches for 1,020 yards and seven touchdowns.

Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Oct 25 - 10:08 AM

Game Day crew was saying he's the best WR in the country and will go as the top WR in the draft. Umm, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Todd McShay writes that West Virginia senior WR Kevin White "is emerging as one of the nation's top wide receiver prospects."

"[White] isn't as fluid as [Alabama's Amari] Cooper but has a similar frame, is physical and possesses good speed and strong ball skills," McShay wrote. White, one of the nation's hottest prospects, has amassed 72 catches for 1,047 yards and eight touchdowns thus far. He has the look of a top-20 pick in the spring.

Oct 28 - 12:57 AM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Todd McShay noted that West Virginia senior WR Kevin White has the "quickness and strength" to beat the press.
White has shot up draft boards. McShay called White the second-best receiver in this year's draft class behind Alabama's Amari Cooper. He went on to write, "...while he is a little tight in his movement skills and will need time to develop more as a route-runner, he has natural instincts when it comes to separating when the ball is in the air." So far this season, White has made 72 catches for 1047 yards and eight touchdowns. He's projected as a potential first round receiver at this point.

Oct 29 - 5:02 PM

Rotoworld:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White was held to three catches for 28 yards in a 31-30 loss to TCU on Saturday.

White set the college football world -- and the NFL draft community -- on fire by amassing 69 catches for 1,020 yards and seven touchdowns through the first seven games of the season. In the Mountaineers' last two contests, he's been held to six catches for 55 yards and a score. We aren't concerned about him yet. Opposing defenses are rolling coverages in White's direction, which allows HC Dana Holgorsen and crew to target WR Mario Alford in one-on-one conditions or hand off to a talented stable of running backs facing light boxes. We still see White as a first-rounder.

Nov 2 - 4:24 PM

He was double covered and blanketed in the game against TCU. That CB looked very skilled, but getting safety help on 100% of plays will add confidence and allow for risk taking. On an NFL team he either would be single covered, or doing his job by taking up 2 defenders to free up teammates.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl wrote that "no receiver or prospect has helped his stock" this season more than West Virginia senior WR Kevin White.
Thanks to his consistent production, White has jumped up draft boards around the country. While he's been held to six catches for 55 yards combined over his last two games, prior to this slight slump, White had over 100 yards receiving in every contest to go with four games with ten or more catches. Said Muench and Weidl, "The most impressive thing about White is his competitiveness; he attacks the ball in the air, and has consistently shown the ability to win in contested situations." They went on to add that, "White is a strong and shifty runner after the catch. He has created some first-round buzz within scouting circles." Even with White's recent struggles, we agree with their analysis.

Nov 4 - 6:48 PM

Rotoworld:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White had 16 catches for 132 yards in Saturday's 33-16 loss to Texas.

White continued his breakout 2014 season with 16 catches, a West Virginia school record. His longest catch of the game went for just 21 yards, as the Longhorns repeatedly allowed him room to work underneath without giving up the deep ball. Despite all of the catches, White wasn't able to score in the contest. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound junior had caught just six passes for 55 in his last two contests combined, but that was clearly just a minor slump. With his 91 catches and 1,101 receiving yards thus far, White's already more than doubled his production from 2013 and has greatly improved his draft prospects. He's worked his way into the first-round conversation.

Nov 8 - 9:12 PM

He was double covered and blanketed in the game against TCU. That CB looked very skilled, but getting safety help on 100% of plays will add confidence and allow for risk taking. On an NFL team he either would be single covered, or doing his job by taking up 2 defenders to free up teammates.
Kevin White was covered by Kevin White in that TCU game.

Yeah TCU Kevin White played extremely well, but he did have safety help.

Yes he did. It was Suprising as our Kevin White has been burned deep all season and played lights out against WV Kevin White.

Yes he did. It was Suprising as our Kevin White has been burned deep all season and played lights out against WV Kevin White.

Rotoworld:

CBS Sports' Rob Rang wrote that "no player has improved his 2014 draft stock" more than West Virginia senior WR Kevin White.

Coming into the season, White was being viewed as a mid-round prospect following a season in which he put up 507 yards and five touchdowns on 35 receptions. White's propelled himself into the Day 1 discussion with a supernova of a senior season in which he's caught 91 balls for 1,207 yards and eight touchdowns. Rang wrote that "White's size, strength and ability to come down with contested grabs is something that every team in the NFL is looking for at the receiver position."

Nov 12 - 5:22 PM

Rotoworld:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White had seven catches for 63 yards and a touchdown in Thursday's loss to Kansas State.

White now has 23 receptions over the past two games after having only six in the two before that. Earlier this week, West Virginia HC Dana Holgorsen told the media that of all the receivers he's coached, White "may be more suited for the NFL than any of them." White has hauled in 98 catches for 1,271 yards with nine touchdowns. He was recently named as a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award, given to the best wide receiver in the nation. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder is a future first-rounder, barring catastrophe.

Nov 20 - 11:15 PM

Rotoworld:

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler observes that West Virginia senior WR Kevin White "wins with size, strength and hand-eye coordination."
"The 6-foot-3, 209 pound White entered the game as NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated senior receiver and No. 19 on my personal Big Board. He wins with size, strength and hand-eye coordination, frequently beating defenders this season on jump-balls," Brugler writes. The West Virginia prospect recorded seven catches for 63 yards and a touchdown in Thursday's loss to Kansas State. On the season, White has 98 catches for 1,271 yards with nine touchdowns, and was recently named as one of 10 semifinalists for the Biletnikoff Award, given to the best wide receiver in the nation.

Nov 21 - 2:23 PM

Rotoworld:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White was limited to 48 receiving yards on four catches in the school's 37-24 win over Iowa State.

White is still an outstanding talent, but he as come down to earth production wise in three of the last four weeks. We still believe White can play both the big and small game. He is on pace for the first-round this spring.

Nov 29 - 3:54 PM

Rotoworld:

Citing a conversation with an NFL scout, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler says West Virginia WR Kevin White has accepted an invitation to play in the Senior Bowl.

Rest in peace, Senior Bowl defensive backs. White might be the top receiver in this entire class, even over Amari Cooper. Some might label White a one year wonder, but he has only played at the FBS level for two season and greatly improved heading in his senior year. White can dominate at the catch point in contested situations but also wins with powerful yards after the catch.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Dec 12 - 9:58 AM

Rotoworld:

West Virginia senior WR Kevin White named second-team AP All-American.

The 6-foot-3, 209-pound White had a break out season with 102 catches for 1,318 yards and nine touchdowns on his 2014 resume. The West Virginia prospect has only played at the FBS level for two seasons and greatly improved heading in his final season. White can dominate at the catch point in contested situations but also wins with powerful yards after the catch.

Source: Stephen J. Nesblitt on Twitter
Dec 16 - 3:19 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Todd McShay wrote that West Virginia senior WR Kevin White "emerged as a legit top-50 NFL prospect for the 2015 class."

Many would be more generous than that, saying White has emerged as a first-rounder. "He can stretch the field with his speed and does a great job of high-pointing the football to make contested catches on downfield throws, taking advantage of his prototypical size," McShay wrote. In his last collegiate game, White had seven catches for 129 receiving yards and a touchdown in Monday's 45-37 Liberty Bowl loss to Texas A&M. The star receiver finished with 109 receptions for 1,447 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Dec 30 - 6:01 PM

Rotoworld:

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah ranks West Virginia WR Kevin White as the No. 3 overall prospect in the class.
This is officially a love affair. We already knew that Jeremiah graded White as the No. 1 receiver the class -- most give that designation to either Amari Cooper, or, as is the case of Rotoworld, Dorial Green-Beckham -- but now we know he also values White more than such elite prospects as Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Shane Ray. "White has excellent size and is an extremely explosive wide receiver," Jeremiah explained. "He uses his strength to power through press coverage, and he shows a burst to create early separation. He is still developing as a route runner, but he can drop his weight and get out of his breaks efficiently. He has outstanding tracking skills and he consistently high points the ball down the field. He had several 'wow' catches this season. He excels after the catch because of his ability to run through tackles as well as make defenders miss. I love his overall competitiveness, physicality, play speed and ball skills."

Jan 22 - 4:50 PM

Wow, another class of big wideouts. I think rules changes have had a lot to do with WR success the past few seasons. We are seeing more and more rookies prosper early on. It's got to dilute the talent pool though right? Devaluing the position?

Wow, another class of big wideouts. I think rules changes have had a lot to do with WR success the past few seasons. We are seeing more and more rookies prosper early on. It's got to dilute the talent pool though right? Devaluing the position?
It's easy to say this, but we're also seeing several long time studs either retiring or fading off in their final couple of seasons: Roddy White, Steve Smith, Boldin, Andre Johnson, Wayne, Colston, Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson. A couple of others may not be too far behind like Desean Jackson and Megatron.

There are a lot of new, quality WR's right now, but we also saw a two or three year lull corresponding with the decline of a large number of studs.

Rotoworld:

West Virginia WR Kevin White ranks as CBS Sports' Dane Brugler's No. 6 overall prospect.
"No prospect has had a bigger climb since the summer than White, who is terrific at locating, highpointing and making the tough catches look easy with powerful hands," Brugler wrote. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound White burst onto the scene this year, exhibiting proficiency in contested catch situations and an ability to create separation when isolated on one side of the field.

Jan 29 - 2:44 PM

What makes White so much better than Cody Latimer last year? Latimer had strong hands, could high point, was physical, and put up some freakish workout numbers 3 months after a broken foot.

Users who are viewing this thread