What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Theo Riddick anyone? (1 Viewer)

P Park Pimps

Footballguy
Now that Bush is inactive, anyone have the stones to start Riddick this week against a porous ATL D? Last time Bush was out Riddick had a respectable stat line.

What say you?

Riddick vs Cadet is a compelling choice this AM for many I imagine..

Both decent choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked like a stud last time he was in, but has missed practice for hammy since. Hammy better?

I am starting him in 2 Leagues (think..... Atlanta defense.....matchup!):

One over Stacy

One over Mason

While he might do something, he has to show me more than a few good drives to get a start on my fantasy squad. Only play him if desperate, Detroit could use Bell all game. I like this kid and if Bell or Bush go down long term this kid will be a factor, but a spot start scares me. I hope I am wrong, because I am desperate in one league.

I think he'll will have a nice PPR day today. Not hearing any word that he's being bothered by the hammy still. Put in a limited practice Wednesday, full practices both Thursday and Friday.

My situation is so bad, I'm rolling with Theo as my #2 today over Cunningham, Stacy and Pierce. My other RB is S-Jax. Ugh.

Looks like Bell and Riddick are splitting near evenly with Riddick getting more work on their first drive. He had a nice run called back by a hold. Honestly he looks just as good as he did two weeks ago before exiting with his hamstring injury. He's a lot faster/quicker than I remember.

I started Riddick in one league thanks to byes and injuries so happy about that, but used Bell in another league (ugh).

From rotoworld:

Theo Riddick - RB - Lions

The Lions reportedly still plan on giving Theo Riddick touches and snaps even with Reggie Bush (ankle) back this week.

Riddick jumps off the screen whenever we've watched him, filling in for Bush with 13-149-2 through the air in Weeks 7 and 8. Now the question is how the Lions will fit Riddick, Bush and Joique Bell into the mix. OC Joe Lombardi comes from New Orleans, where they successfully used a three-back rotation but also capped fantasy upside. Ideally, fantasy owners won't have to use Bush or Riddick against the Dolphins' stout defense Sunday.

This situation is as muddled as CLE right now, without any of them flashing high upside. Detroit's offense has struggled the whole season besides the first MNF. Can't run the ball with any kind of consistency, TEs have not been featured, all six skill players at the position have had injuries. Two of the TEs are Q this - that's actually progress - and Megatron/Bush will be the healthiest they have been since September. Not sure what to expect.

You can't reasonably plug in Theo this week unless you are desperate. He was highly productive Weeks 6 & 8 when Reggie didn't suit up (RW is wrong - Riddick got zero touches Week 7 vs Saints). Who knows what Lombardi has planned this week? Might be similar usage to the Saints 3 RBs the last few previous seasons - great production as a group, but without much FF relevancy individually.

This situation is as muddled as CLE right now, without any of them flashing high upside. Detroit's offense has struggled the whole season besides the first MNF. Can't run the ball with any kind of consistency, TEs have not been featured, all six skill players at the position have had injuries. Two of the TEs are Q this - that's actually progress - and Megatron/Bush will be the healthiest they have been since September. Not sure what to expect.

You can't reasonably plug in Theo this week unless you are desperate. He was highly productive Weeks 6 & 8 when Reggie didn't suit up (RW is wrong - Riddick got zero touches Week 7 vs Saints). Who knows what Lombardi has planned this week? Might be similar usage to the Saints 3 RBs the last few previous seasons - great production as a group, but without much FF relevancy individually.
Yeah I'm desperate. The only reason I'm holding on the Riddick is because I'm a Bush owner and if brittle Bush suffers another injury Riddick will take off in PPR.

As it is, Bell isn't even being used in the passing game right now.

So Bush isn't practicing again and Theo came up clutch to win the game vs. MIA last Sunday. Sadly, he only played 10% of the snaps last week but you have to imagine the coaching staff is a) getting tired with Bush and b) aren't going to forget that Riddick won them a pivotal game.

ARI is a tough match-up no matter which way you slice it. Bell essentially has no chance but if Bush sits I think Riddick is a good bet for ~5 touches and at least 10 points in PPR this week.

PPR:

Decided to grab Bush/Riddick combo and hopefully things sort themselves out. Some nice upside if they do. Last month of fantasy season for them is very nice.

So Bush isn't practicing again and Theo came up clutch to win the game vs. MIA last Sunday. Sadly, he only played 10% of the snaps last week but you have to imagine the coaching staff is a) getting tired with Bush and b) aren't going to forget that Riddick won them a pivotal game.

ARI is a tough match-up no matter which way you slice it. Bell essentially has no chance but if Bush sits I think Riddick is a good bet for ~5 touches and at least 10 points in PPR this week.
That's 2 games in a row Riddick showed up big in crunch time. If Bush never gets fully healthy, and the last several games seem to suggest that he won't, Riddick will get a chance to show he is what they want Bush to be If you haven't seen it, check out his catch against Atlanta on the game winning drive....absolutely clutch. :thumbup:

The schedule gets easier especially at playoff time. It's beginning to look like Riddick will be a real fantasy factor down the stretch.

I have a league where I basically have nothing at RB. Sankey and Shoelace are my starters. Dropped Rainey to pickup Theo this week and have to start him.

Definite hold for me in my dynasty league to see how DET's RB situation shakes out next year.

As for this year, the chances that Riddick has some value down the stretch are starting to increase with each knock that Reggie keeps taking and missing time with.

I've been itching to grab Riddick off the WW and use him for weeks now but have never quite had the correct situation to do so. He's just sitting there and no one in my league is taking note.

Again this week I find myself wanting to plug him in as I'm unsure about my flex options - CJ Anderson, Tate, Sims. It's the matchup though. It's a terrible matchup even with Bush potentially out.

He could most certainly have use further down the line though with Chicago x 2, NE, Minnesota, Tampa, Green Bay being a list of matchups that don't exactly induce fear. If Bush can somehow go away, Riddick could really blossom

People say Arizona is a terrible matchup, but I disagree. They are a bad matchup for traditional RBs. But I think that could actually work in Riddick's favor. They may just abandon the run, put Bell on the sidelines and then use Riddick extensively and try to spread out the Cardinals defense. He could end up with a bunch of catches (and yards) in this game.

Detroit Lions RB Reggie Bush (ankle) could sit out in Week 11 against the Arizona Cardinals, according to head coach Jim Caldwell.

Just pulled that from the Player Notes section on RT Sports. Could mean Riddick is in line for some action on Sunday. I chose to pick him up yesterday instead of CJ Anderson.

Felt like he has more long term potential. Could really use Riddick this week as a BYE week filler.

People say Arizona is a terrible matchup, but I disagree. They are a bad matchup for traditional RBs. But I think that could actually work in Riddick's favor. They may just abandon the run, put Bell on the sidelines and then use Riddick extensively and try to spread out the Cardinals defense. He could end up with a bunch of catches (and yards) in this game.
Yeah, they don't really use him as a RB but more like a slot guy akin to how the OC used Sproles in NO. Still ARI has allowed the 3rd least receptions to RBs this year, including zero receiving TDs. Personally, I'd still feel comfortable flexing Riddick this week with Bush likely to miss the game but I'll also keep expectations in check.

:goodposting:

dunbar and helu both broke long receptions against them

been holding and stashing and cutting this guy all year on my teams and may finally start him this week in ppr. need to decide on him vs mckinnon, vs joique, vs gore. really want to roll with him in all 3. should be good for 6 catches. they have really used him in the red zone and at the goal line a lot as his 3 tds shows.

So Bush hasnt practiced all week and is listed as questionable.

Riddick has scored in his last 3 games played so another TD this week seems unlikely but I'm hoping for another 5 rec 75 total yds type stat line.

Havent seen a lot of him but looks like he has really good hands and some nice burst. He just blew right by the miami LB when he turned up field on that game winnig TD catch last week.

Looking forward to seeing what this guy can do if Bush is out but still a little skeptical now that Calvin is back to take catches away.

Does Arizona have a pass rush that requires the ball to get out quick? I know they do well against the run. May be worth thinking bout

Users who are viewing this thread