What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Fire Stick $19 for Prime (Alt. to Chromecast/Roku) (1 Viewer)

Does this work with Plex? Pretty happy with my Roku for Plex other than the wireless antenna in it. For $19 worth a shot that the wireless on this is better if it'll run Plex.

ETA: Works with Plex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, not sure what the joke is? If you don't have Prime, sure, it's expensive, but if you already do for other reasons, this is almost a no-brainer.

Only thing I'm concerned about is that I've already run out of HDMI ports, anyone got any recommendations on a decent splitter I could add this, a Chromecast and a rarely used BR-DVD player to and have it auto-switch to the appropriate input?

This is a good deal got a couple this morning. Ships late Novrmber for me since this is pre sale.

Figure I have a month to think about it. I have

It's a cheap streaming devise. Your are a prime member no brainer. Bring it with at hotels for the kids.

Just realized that this won't allow me to project something from Youtube on my ipad onto the TV. That's really the feature I wanted. I will cancel and try the Chromecast.

Just realized that this won't allow me to project something from Youtube on my ipad onto the TV. That's really the feature I wanted. I will cancel and try the Chromecast.
All three of them have Youtube built-in.

Here's a comparison breakdown.

What stands out to me is that Chromecast doesn't have a remote, a dual band antenna or Amazon Instant.

The Roku looks like it has everything the Fire has but the Fire has better specs:

Specs aren't everything, but it's worth noting that the Fire TV Stick is positively juiced compared to its competitors. It's got 8GB of built-in flash storage and 1GB of memory, compared to 2GB of built-in storage and 512MB of memory on the Chromecast, and 256MB of storage and 512MB of memory on the Roku Streaming Stick.

Ive had my Chromcast(s) and have been using them for over a year, no amazon crap ads built in, no monthly amazon prime to pay for... Humm, let me think.

Is this still $19 or was that for the first couple days? Still a pretty good deal for $39.

Ive had my Chromcast(s) and have been using them for over a year, no amazon crap ads built in, no monthly amazon prime to pay for... Humm, let me think.
Chances are if you're getting the Fire TV Stick, you probably already have Amazon Prime and are getting plenty of use out of it. I don't even think of being able to use Amazon Music and Amazon Instant Video with my Prime membership. We signed up from Prime for the cheaper/faster shipping. Getting streaming movies/music is just an added bonus at this point.

All three of them have Youtube built-in.

Here's a comparison breakdown.
I saw that too. I currently have YouTube built in to my DirecTV receiver too. But searching by entering text on a remote control is a drag. I want to be able to type something in to a tablet or phone and since I use the ipad the most at home, I want the ability to screen mirror from iOS.

Users who are viewing this thread