What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I'm a whopping level 5 after one day. At what point should I join a group? I have way too much gold and not enough wood. I assume there is a trade function betwee Task Force members?
No trade function. At level 21..wood is still a limiting and expensive resource. A task force will get you additional rewards though each day..of which wood might be given to you.

Thanks for the invite, MC.

Have no clue what I'm doing with this, but I'll try to figure it out quickly.

You all want to join the fbg TF? I can expand the group to allow everyone in. We are not super serious and don't mind taking in low level players. All I ask is that everyone try to attack during the operations.

You all want to join the fbg TF? I can expand the group to allow everyone in. We are not super serious and don't mind taking in low level players. All I ask is that everyone try to attack during the operations.
The peoples arm is very serious and we have hooker orgiesBut dont worry, you would never know these girls were hookers unless I told you

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of which, the welcoming gift you sent earlier stole my corn nuts and reset my microwave clock.

Task force is really not doing very well. Lots of inactives etc.

Guessing the rest of the active people will get tired of it soon if no changes made.

Task force is really not doing very well. Lots of inactives etc.

Guessing the rest of the active people will get tired of it soon if no changes made.
We've got 8 slots open of our 25 in "The Peoples Arm" and will be starting a new op in less than 4 hours if anyone wants to join. Recently we've moved up to the Op that gets us 115 force points and have beaten it the last two times. Our skill levels are all over the place, but we're moving in the right direction and I hope we keep going for bigger ops. The jump in rewards is noticeable.

pretty addicting...but I havne't played any other games like it (like Clash). Two guys in our Task Force were former Clash players though, and they much prefer Boom Beach.

this game any good?
It's Clash with no walls, only one builder and multiple resources needed. Much more a solo experience (even with Task Force) than Clash is.

There are times I like Clash more, times I like Boom Beach more, (and a small window that I like Hay Day more than both).

I'm a whopping level 5 after one day. At what point should I join a group? I have way too much gold and not enough wood. I assume there is a trade function betwee Task Force members?
No

But you can join "the peoples arm". Im leader
Sorry for bailing on the Task Force man...but me and the other 4 that left all know each other in real life and we decided to run a task force of just us. I'd revoke the Officer role from all those that don't know anything about the rules or goal of a task force if I were you...make people earn the title by showing they know what they are doing. Starting ops that are too easy, sabotaging, attacking energy pods from the gunboat...uhg....

No idea how the rewards of a 5 person task force are going to stack up vs the 25 person one...but our first task force last night was fun, which is what matters in the end.

All the best

NoBut you can join "the peoples arm". Im leader
Sorry for bailing on the Task Force man...but me and the other 4 that left all know each other in real life and we decided to run a task force of just us. I'd revoke the Officer role from all those that don't know anything about the rules or goal of a task force if I were you...make people earn the title by showing they know what they are doing. Starting ops that are too easy, sabotaging, attacking energy pods from the gunboat...uhg....

No idea how the rewards of a 5 person task force are going to stack up vs the 25 person one...but our first task force last night was fun, which is what matters in the end.

All the best
It takes time for people to learn. I'm level 27 and only been around for about a month. Most of the new people coming in are the same or lower. I was actually quite impressed at the participation levels.No unestablished group will be able to grow without these hiccups. The only alternatives are to join a large established team or stay tiny. It's the same way in all of these games.

No

All the best
Wish you would have at least dropped a note before leaving. Someone else got booted at the same time you all left, so everyone was left trying to figure out if the game hiccuped.

At any rate, enjoyed learning from and playing with you, gb. Good luck with the new task force.

this game any good?
It's Clash with no walls, only one builder and multiple resources needed. Much more a solo experience (even with Task Force) than Clash is.

There are times I like Clash more, times I like Boom Beach more, (and a small window that I like Hay Day more than both).
Not in the same ballpark as COC IMO. But it is a nice time waster for those times when I'm bored and my Clash army is rebuilding. This game is nice because you only lose troops when they are killed, so you can string several attacks together in one quick sitting.

All the best
It takes time for people to learn. I'm level 27 and only been around for about a month. Most of the new people coming in are the same or lower. I was actually quite impressed at the participation levels.No unestablished group will be able to grow without these hiccups. The only alternatives are to join a large established team or stay tiny. It's the same way in all of these games.
Oh, I totally get that there's a learning curve...I'm still learning new things too and liked watching the stronger people in the TF so I could learn from them. The activity level was great...I think I was just looking for a TF that strategized about how to beat a tough op that requires everyone on the same page...but ### soon as we started one, 4 people would attack things before we could plan anything.

No

All the best
Wish you would have at least dropped a note before leaving. Someone else got booted at the same time you all left, so everyone was left trying to figure out if the game hiccuped.

At any rate, enjoyed learning from and playing with you, gb. Good luck with the new task force.
Sorry about that...we figured with the small rewards we were going to get from that easy Op it was a good time to jump ship and start anew. We should have at least given you a heads up.

All the best

Sorry about that...we figured with the small rewards we were going to get from that easy Op it was a good time to jump ship and start anew. We should have at least given you a heads up.
I dont really understand what you were upset about.

When newbs mess up we set them straight and I have never had to revoke the officer title because nobody ever did it a secobd time.

That tf was growing well. You should have stayed.

I'm a whopping level 5 after one day. At what point should I join a group? I have way too much gold and not enough wood. I assume there is a trade function betwee Task Force

All the best

No problem at all, and it's not even something that warrants an apology. Just surprised at how you left, not why. MC, you're a bit blinded here, as the exact same thing keeps happening over and over again. No sooner than a few of us took the time to map out a good strategy for dropping the final base and posting it to the thread and note, someone comes along and does their own thing. Why even be in a task force if you're not going to at least try to cooperate?

Sad, too, as there's some solid guys still around. You just need to start dropping the hammer. If folks there don't want to participate and coordinate, fine; however, don't expect people to continue putting up with it. Surprised we didn't lose more Intel on a sabotage, as well, "just because I wanted to see what it does."

Don't get me wrong, as I'm not pissed at all here. We do have a problem, though, and Jason and crew were completely sound in their reasoning. Just sad to see them have to leave.

My .02.

it takes time to determine who is learning, who is making mistakes, and who is a nimrod. The participation rate was high enough that it was obvious leaders were doing due diligence. It's going to happen when you try to grow.

The expectations are just unrealistic, but to each their own.

I'm Space Invader in the game just in case anyone is interested.

You should have said something before leaving.

I had to open the books to get new members. Unfortunately it takes some time to find good players.

If u werent happy we could have discussed how to improve things. I had already booted an inactive.

I really dont understand what the problem was. We were rising quickly and consistently and now im not happy we lost 4 good players without even a discussion

Totally get where you're coming from, jonessed. Just a dialogue to try and circle the wagons. Perhaps if we all had a clear plan of action when this occurs, it wouldn't be as frustrating. I think this last instance is a repeat, though. Maybe it's because I'm making enough of an effort to learn the ropes that it irks me when someone completely ignores the group communication.

Again ... I like our TF, which is probably the only reason I'm vomiting on the board right now.

All the best

When newbs mess up we set them straight and I have never had to revoke the officer title because nobody ever did it a secobd time.

Ha, upset is most definitely the wrong word...this game is not something worth getting upset about. I didn't say anything before leaving because last time I expressed my concerns you seemed to take it pretty personally...just like when that guy popped in, called us weak, and left. (he was right)

I disagree with your view of the task force...there are definitely some very strong players, but you're not paying attention if you think everyone is learning and mistakes aren't being made multiple times. There are several people that don't bother to read base notes or even the posts that are visible on the screen let alone scrolling down.

What one person wants to get out of a task force can be completely different from another. Your feeling that it's a successful TF suggests we are looking for different things. I'm not just in it for rewards, I'm playing this game to interact with friends, and coordinating on missions is what's fun for me. There are a couple in your TF wanting that, but the vast majority are just in it to attack something and collect their reward...that's cool, it's just not for me.

it takes time to determine who is learning, who is making mistakes, and who is a nimrod. The participation rate was high enough that it was obvious leaders were doing due diligence. It's going to happen when you try to grow.

The expectations are just unrealistic, but to each their own.

I'm Space Invader in the game just in case anyone is interested.
In my opinion, the participation rate was not high. The attack rate was high, but there was very little participation in coordinating a group attack.

My expectations were indeed unrealistic for that task force..which is why I left. After several weeks tenured members were still just "attacking" and not "participating". It wasn't realistic to expect we could get everyone to participate.

^^^^^

These two

No

All the best

Ha, upset is most definitely the wrong word...this game is not something worth getting upset about. I didn't say anything before leaving because last time I expressed my concerns you seemed to take it pretty personally...just like when that guy popped in, called us weak, and left. (he was right)

I disagree with your view of the task force...there are definitely some very strong players, but you're not paying attention if you think everyone is learning and mistakes aren't being made multiple times. There are several people that don't bother to read base notes or even the posts that are visible on the screen let alone scrolling down.

What one person wants to get out of a task force can be completely different from another. Your feeling that it's a successful TF suggests we are looking for different things. I'm not just in it for rewards, I'm playing this game to interact with friends, and coordinating on missions is what's fun for me. There are a couple in your TF wanting that, but the vast majority are just in it to attack something and collect their reward...that's cool, it's just not for me.
This x Infinity

im sorry i left friends, the task force i joined was too good to pass up, my rewards have been 5x what i was getting with our tf... ours was more entertaining tho for sure

my vps have almost doubled up to 671, maxed out on hq, warriors, gb, armory, radar, sculptor... working on landing crafts and a good heavy/zooka force... might bring my 2nd account back, if youll have me though, it was a fun tf

I'm actually surprised at how good the rewards are in a 5 person task force. After competing the 2nd operation I got 199k gold (level 30)....that's 45% higher than the last full reward I got with the 25 person task force.

im sorry i left friends, the task force i joined was too good to pass up, my rewards have been 5x what i was getting with our tf... ours was more entertaining tho for sure

my vps have almost doubled up to 671, maxed out on hq, warriors, gb, armory, radar, sculptor... working on landing crafts and a good heavy/zooka force... might bring my 2nd account back, if youll have me though, it was a fun tf
come on back gb

I left shortly after you (beedee) and agree I liked the FBG task force but there was no coordination and there was no forced participation. We had 1 operation when we had 8 people not attack (probably 24 at the time) and likely any 1 of them would have won the op.

Still willing to go to any FBG if there is forced participation (level 41 hq 17 btw). Post here if anyone has a good 1.

I'm actually surprised at how good the rewards are in a 5 person task force. After competing the 2nd operation I got 199k gold (level 30)....that's 45% higher than the last full reward I got with the 25 person task force.
That seems crazy low to me in my current I got nearly 600k and time before that was over 800k gold

how does this coordination bit work? I'm not sure I see the point. Shouldn't you be able to see damage done by previous players and figure out what needs done?

Here's how I think it should work: The strongest players should come up where they want to attack. The weaker players can follow suit, and keep attacking the same general area. No real need for coordination, you can work independently and try to leverage damage done by the previous attacker.

how does this coordination bit work? I'm not sure I see the point. Shouldn't you be able to see damage done by previous players and figure out what needs done?

Here's how I think it should work: The strongest players should come up where they want to attack. The weaker players can follow suit, and keep attacking the same general area. No real need for coordination, you can work independently and try to leverage damage done by the previous attacker.
There is a lot more to it than just that in my opinion. It could be as easy as just deciding what side of the base to attack. Lowers sometimes can go first to clear bombs etc as well if requested by the uppers. We had people that wouldn't follow previous attacks, people who clearly attacked the wrong side, those with little knowledge as to what troops to use. Higher level task force have people specialize troops etc thus those with good warriors take out shock/rocket launchers, rifleman take out cannons, hookas (heavy/zookas) do overall well and take out mortars/machine guns and can take fire from rl,sl, and at's.

The task force I am in is a feeder for 1 that is likely similar to FBG1 in COC (with culdeus type and everything)

coyote5 said:
dirtyhalos said:
im getting 1.5 mil gold
damn. We need to step it up. I'm at HQ 18 and I can't get enough resources in one session to hit my big upgrades anymore.
Do you boost your resource reward on Dr Terror days? I have a 38% masterpiece so doubles and get 76%. Save the good bases til that day as well. Can boost another statue to help you win if needed as well be it gunboat energy or something else.

pretty addicting...but I havne't played any other games like it (like Clash). Two guys in our Task Force were former Clash players though, and they much prefer Boom Beach.
They are in the minority of people that play both games. The multi-player experience in CoC is light years ahead of Boom Beach.

ETA - oops, didn't notice I was replying to a post two weeks old.

coyote5 said:
dirtyhalos said:
im getting 1.5 mil gold
damn. We need to step it up. I'm at HQ 18 and I can't get enough resources in one session to hit my big upgrades anymore.
Do you boost your resource reward on Dr Terror days? I have a 38% masterpiece so doubles and get 76%. Save the good bases til that day as well. Can boost another statue to help you win if needed as well be it gunboat energy or something else.
I boost RR for sure, my masterpiece is only 30 though, so need some RNGsus luck on a better statue. I'll boost GBE and troop damage as well. I can only get through level 12, or 13 if they're generous on design typically. I save the other good bases etc. But I need to hit Armory level 18 and sculptor level 7 and those are pricey. Especially the sculptor.

Users who are viewing this thread