What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I am a level 42

All my lava MP have sucked but happy with others

GBE MP = 34%

TH MP = 18%

TD MP = 21% (20% last time)

TH G = 14%

RR MP = 38%

RR G = 20%

RP MP = 20%

PSC G = 28%

I boost the RR MP% every Dr T. day so makes my RR 96% so when I make big purchases.

Defense is hard.

I'm HQ15 and have pretty good defensive buildings but every so often I get wiped by puny lvl10 heavy/zook attackers (in addition to getting wiped out by higher level players)

Saving up for HQ16 is also difficult cuz I always cave and spend my resources on other buildings.

I feel like this game penalizes me for being active. When I am active, my medal count rises and I start getting steamrolled left and right. Also my islands get invaded by players that are many levels higher than me.

Basically I feel like I have to try to pay for a big upgrade on a Dr. Terror day and then not do anything other than operations until the next Terror day. Kinda takes some fun away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this game penalizes me for being active. When I am active, my medal count rises and I start getting steamrolled left and right. Also my islands get invaded by players that are many levels higher than me.

Basically I feel like I have to try to pay for a big upgrade on a Dr. Terror day and then not do anything other than operations until the next Terror day. Kinda takes some fun away.
Yea I get the same vibe.

EY, it was a grind for me to get to 16 and I've tried, unsuccessfully, twice to get the resources to go to 17 but as Plasma states every time you get close you get steamrolled because of the stepped up activity to grind the resources. I also have been very lax on defense lately. Since I haven't had success at advancing up I started spending resources on defensive upgrades.

To an extent it does penalize you for being active...however level doesn't matter in any way, you're matched by people with similar medal counts. At level 34 I'm getting levels anywhere from 34 to 45...it just means you are more offensive than defensive. I've taken down level 40+ players without losing more than a couple guys, but have guys my same level that have much stronger bases.

The biggest key to not getting attacked is to not be worth attacking...and when you don't need the resources, don't attack (which is hard). I'm only level 14 HQ and hoping to make a run to 15...but I don't really feel like it'll be an issue as long as I plan both rewards boats, terror, sub, and saving the weak players on my map. That thought may very well change when I get to your level Beer. Saving by collecting resources doesn't help...it just exacerbates the problem because more people scout you and find you worth attacking...gotta save opportunities.

To an extent it does penalize you for being active...however level doesn't matter in any way, you're matched by people with similar medal counts. At level 34 I'm getting levels anywhere from 34 to 45...it just means you are more offensive than defensive. I've taken down level 40+ players without losing more than a couple guys, but have guys my same level that have much stronger bases.

The biggest key to not getting attacked is to not be worth attacking...and when you don't need the resources, don't attack (which is hard). I'm only level 14 HQ and hoping to make a run to 15...but I don't really feel like it'll be an issue as long as I plan both rewards boats, terror, sub, and saving the weak players on my map. That thought may very well change when I get to your level Beer. Saving by collecting resources doesn't help...it just exacerbates the problem because more people scout you and find you worth attacking...gotta save opportunities.
I didn't notice the attacks until this level when I was making a run at leveling up the HQ and/or the Sculptor thing which are close to the same amounts. I've tried a number of strategies, don't attack and simply farm...when I get up close to the needed totals get rolled. Make an effort to attack as much as possible and take what I need...when I get close to the needed totals get rolled. Try a combination of the last two with timing around sub loot, Doc Terror, boosting resource statues...when I get up close to the needed totals get rolled.

Doesn't help that upgrades are int he neighborhood or higher than $3m in gold.

Yea I get the same vibe.

EY, it was a grind for me to get to 16 and I've tried, unsuccessfully, twice to get the resources to go to 17 but as Plasma states every time you get close you get steamrolled because of the stepped up activity to grind the resources. I also have been very lax on defense lately. Since I haven't had success at advancing up I started spending resources on defensive upgrades.
I made it to HQ16 earlier this week, I had to spend ~700 diamonds to make up the resource difference though.

I think my other account spent about 4 - 6 months or so just continually upgrading defense to the point where I was defending a lot of attacks ... at one point it felt like things clicked, coincidently around same time when I left the tf... once I switched tf's I was getting larger boosts from ops and was able to upgrade all my HQ, Sculptor, Boat and Radar to max levels in about a month... I'm now getting to maxing landing crafts and forces, haven't upgraded defenses much at all since then

my halos2 account is stuck right now in that defense upgrade phase

just got my level 15 HQ upgrade. I did get rolled during the saving period prior to the upgrade, but the TF reward almost made up the difference. I now have medics, which is pretty sweet.

I haven't upgraded defenses for several HQ level-ups, I feel like I will be spending a majority of my time upgrading defenses for a while now.

I stopped attacking every village/base a while ago and took on a strategy of farming more than attacking, which kept my medal count low. and then I got a victory reward bonus masterpiece - my first masterpiece, so now attacking is quite a bit more tempting... still, i only attack for major upgrades...and Dr Terror, or course. I do try to stay mindful of the medal count. also , I do try to own all resource bases.

one thing i do: I try to keep my vault maxed out. Next, I'll put my base close to the beach in front of all of my defenses. I then upgrade all defenses. As long as the defense upgrade is less than (or close to) vault capacity, I won't lose anything if I get raided. This lets me spend a couple of weeks upgrading all defenses, keeping medal count low (lower even, if you are raided often), and not risking any resources.

also, i think the sculptor upgrades are more beneficial than any of the others
You've won me over on this one, can't believe I played the game for 6 months and never made a sculpture. It also falls into that HQ upgrade in terms of resources. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm saving for, when it starts adding up I got rolled.

Any tips to defend against level 15 tanks backed up by level 12 medics? With enough gunboat power to destroy my shock and 2 boom cannons pre-deployment.

Ever have that one player base that you know you should be able to beat, but somehow you #### it up every time? :wall:

also, i think the sculptor upgrades are more beneficial than any of the others
You've won me over on this one, can't believe I played the game for 6 months and never made a sculpture. It also falls into that HQ upgrade in terms of resources. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm saving for, when it starts adding up I got rolled.
Oh man...total game changer for you! I'm of the opinion that the sculptures are the most important thing in the game and why you cannot buy crystals. If you could, those willing to spend the money would dominate the millions of players only spending a couple bucks here and there.

We've got a guy in our TF that started a month after us...yet has spent probably $100 on gems to get his troops like 3 levels above the rest of us and his HQ is a level or two ahead...so he's the only one with medics. Because he paid to get to that point he's got terrible statues, can't get as far on Terror as the rest of us, and is generally one of our weaker Op attacks.

I'd love to know what the splits look like for who they make more money off of...the people who might be willing to spend $5 here and there...or the people that spend $50 or $100 a pop. My guess is the millions spending $5 dwarfs those spending $50+ at a time.

Any tips to defend against level 15 tanks backed up by level 12 medics? With enough gunboat power to destroy my shock and 2 boom cannons pre-deployment.
lol nope. spend your resources b4 you log off. youre not stopping that attack
Yeah, I've given up trying to defend that too. I went on a killing spree that put me way out of my ability to defend....I wasn't even getting intel out of people attacking me. It's especially tough when you're on that border where people attacking you have more landing crafts than you do. I have a hard enough time with tanks/medics with 6 boats let alone a 7th.

I need a new HQ16 base. I'm getting rolled for more resources than I can generate on my own or from raiding.

I need a new HQ16 base. I'm getting rolled for more resources than I can generate on my own or from raiding.
Do you have a resource reward masterpiece? If so I would boost that on Dr Terror days.

I have a 38% MP plus a 20% guardian with boost getting 96% bonus. It adds a ton on Dr Terror days. Would also search for better bases when medal count is low (ie if going on a spree on Dr T days search for new bases before start attacking)

Struggling against warriors, tanks, heavies, grenadiers or all of the above?
The latest was tanks.
My best base against tanks was with the defenses crammed up against the coast for maximum coverage of all landing spots. This is also good against grenadiers, but weak against warriors.

I don't understand people attacking my resource bases with mixed armies.

I've been attacked recently with the following:

7 tanks, 7 heavies

8 tanks, 12 zookas

1 tank, 6 heavies, 18 zookas

6 tanks, 9 heavies

6 heavies, 52 riflemen

1 tank, 3 heavies, 12 zookas, 26 riflemen

I just don't understand the strategy of mixing troops with tanks. When you do that, the troops move in front of the tank, and take all of the damage.

I get heavy/zooka, but that's the only time I mix troop type (except medics). Everything else seems sub-optimal. I wish I could interview these people sometimes to understand what they are thinking.

Listen. Defense in the game is broken. That's just a fact. You can't build a base to defend against all invading types. When you try to defend against tanks, you're gonna be weak against warriors or grenadiers etc. It's just the way it is. Unless and until SC makes some fundamental changes that won't change.

Look at my base. I'm HQ18 and I'd say my defenses are terribly underleveled. But I don't care. I don't care if I get raided. I boost gun boat, resource reward and troop damage (sometimes) on terror days and do my best to clear the map. I'll try to have about 1m in gold or so before I start, save my VP and OP reward boats, and also have a sub coming in with lots of resources. In that way I can usually hit a big upgrade and a big troop update. My tank updates are over 5m now.

I always take red or purple crystals from the VP/OP rewards if possible. Otherwise gems, or possibly a resource if it puts me over the top on doing an upgrade. But the point is, as others were saying earlier, Statues are ULTRA important. The only way to get them are thru crystals. They are the only way forward in this game. So get them whenever you can. Gems are also very important. Some people complain the amount of gems you can get vs the amount of resources on a reward boat are not comparable. In other words, you may be offered 10 gems or 120k iron etc where when you are doing an upgrade the equivalent for 120k iron would be higher than 10 gems. While that is true, what also needs to be acccounted for is that gems can be used to "buy" any resource type, and along with crystals, they are the only 2 resources that can not be stolen from you via raid. They are your bank to utilize when you need to get those last remaining resources for a big upgrade.

Keep grinding those crystals and praying for good gun boat, resource reward, power stone chance, troop damage and troop health masterpiece statues. I just upgraded from +30 resource reward masterpiece to +44 and the difference has been huge.

One other thing. Concentrate on a couple troop compositions. I run warrior and tanks almost exclusively. I use grenadiers as well but I haven't spent any gold to upgrade them. You shouldn't be spending gold to upgrade each and every category, it's a waste and holds you back. The shock bombs and the 2 rocket attacks are very important. They need to be maxed for your level.

moleculo said:

7 tanks, 7 heavies

8 tanks, 12 zookas

6 tanks, 9 heavies

6 heavies, 52 riflemen

I just don't understand the strategy of mixing troops with tanks. When you do that, the troops move in front of the tank, and take all of the damage.

I get heavy/zooka, but that's the only time I mix troop type (except medics). Everything else seems sub-optimal. I wish I could interview these people sometimes to understand what they are thinking.
Tanks with a couple heavys can be useful if there are cannons that could be troublesome so heavys take the damage (thereby preventing tanks from taking double damage)

coyote5 said:
One other thing. Concentrate on a couple troop compositions. I run warrior and tanks almost exclusively. I use grenadiers as well but I haven't spent any gold to upgrade them. You shouldn't be spending gold to upgrade each and every category, it's a waste and holds you back. The shock bombs and the 2 rocket attacks are very important. They need to be maxed for your level.
not sure I agree. granted, I'm still only HQ13, but I wasn't updating riflemen for a while, and now I'm finding a lot of blackguard bases are ideal for them. maybe later on that changes?

moleculo said:

7 tanks, 7 heavies

8 tanks, 12 zookas

6 tanks, 9 heavies

6 heavies, 52 riflemen

Tanks with a couple heavys can be useful if there are cannons that could be troublesome so heavys take the damage (thereby preventing tanks from taking double damage)
I think they stopped double-damage to tanks with the last update.

coyote5 said:
Listen. Defense in the game is broken. That's just a fact. You can't build a base to defend against all invading types. When you try to defend against tanks, you're gonna be weak against warriors or grenadiers etc. It's just the way it is. Unless and until SC makes some fundamental changes that won't change.

Look at my base. I'm HQ18 and I'd say my defenses are terribly underleveled. But I don't care. I don't care if I get raided. I boost gun boat, resource reward and troop damage (sometimes) on terror days and do my best to clear the map. I'll try to have about 1m in gold or so before I start, save my VP and OP reward boats, and also have a sub coming in with lots of resources. In that way I can usually hit a big upgrade and a big troop update. My tank updates are over 5m now.
Would also say boosting PSC if masterpiece would be very worthwhile. I agree that keeping your vault fully boosted is extremely important, boats to 16 was a huge help at the time, statues are super important with purple being most important by far which helps that they are easiest to get if go far on Dr T days.

I personally like having a wide range of above average troop options available. Having levelled riflemen have been a godsend for taking some level 60 resource bases.

moleculo said:

7 tanks, 7 heavies

8 tanks, 12 zookas

6 tanks, 9 heavies

6 heavies, 52 riflemen

I think they stopped double-damage to tanks with the last update.
This is correct, they increased the damage done to all troops by Towers and Cannons and removed the double damage they did to tanks.

I have a purple resource reward masterpiece ready to deploy. The problem is the sculptor is pricey to upgrade, which I need in order to add a new statue slot. Then I keep getting raided so it's 1step forward 2 steps back with accumulating wood and stone.

I'll get there a some point, but I just need people to leave me the hell alone for a week while I hoard my loot.

I have a purple resource reward masterpiece ready to deploy. The problem is the sculptor is pricey to upgrade, which I need in order to add a new statue slot. Then I keep getting raided so it's 1step forward 2 steps back with accumulating wood and stone.

I'll get there a some point, but I just need people to leave me the hell alone for a week while I hoard my loot.
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can upgrade your sculptor with a sculpture in it. I hope I'm wrong, that indeed would be nice....but I think I tried it once.

coyote5 said:
not sure I agree. granted, I'm still only HQ13, but I wasn't updating riflemen for a while, and now I'm finding a lot of blackguard bases are ideal for them. maybe later on that changes?
I personally like having a wide range of above average troop options available. Having levelled riflemen have been a godsend for taking some level 60 resource bases.
Fair point. I do see some resource bases where rifleman spam might succeed where warriors can't, and I've seen replays where you need them for Hammerman as well. Maybe I should start upgrading them as well.

Assuming equal level, what do you guys think is the optimum statue configuration?

right now, I have 2 guardian GBE, 2 guardian troop (1 health, one damage), one guardian wood production, and one RR masterpiece... so that's 4 statues geared towards offense and two geared at increasing production.

I have been pretty pleased with this so far - love having all of that GBE, I think the wood production has been really beneficial and the RR masterpiece has really jump-started Dr. Terror days.

I have a couple of masterpieces coming up soon - one green will get started building in a couple of hours (pending sub dive), and i'm not too far off from another purple. Problem is - I don't really want to give up any of my current statues, and I won't be ready to upgrade sculptor until end of the week at the soonest.

not sure how I want my statues allocated.

what HQ level are you? Here's what I have:

TD - 27, 11

TH - 30

PSC - 64

GBE - 34, 14, 14

RR - 44, 14

I had an all resource production masterpiece 24 a few HQs ago. That's about the top RP you can get, but I ditched it for a TD guardian. I was at the point where being able to hit a few more levels of Dr Terror and more advanced bases outweighed the additional resources from the RP masterpiece. You just have to see if you've hit that tipping point yet. Eventually green statues are neg EV.

Your guardian WP should definitely be the next to go. Once you get your next purple MP, it should probably replace your green, unless it's another RR. Even if it's a low % PSC, you're still probably better off with it. Are you in our task force? What base are you?

what HQ level are you? Here's what I have:

TD - 27, 11

TH - 30

PSC - 64

GBE - 34, 14, 14

RR - 44, 14

I had an all resource production masterpiece 24 a few HQs ago. That's about the top RP you can get, but I ditched it for a TD guardian. I was at the point where being able to hit a few more levels of Dr Terror and more advanced bases outweighed the additional resources from the RP masterpiece. You just have to see if you've hit that tipping point yet. Eventually green statues are neg EV.

Your guardian WP should definitely be the next to go. Once you get your next purple MP, it should probably replace your green, unless it's another RR. Even if it's a low % PSC, you're still probably better off with it. Are you in our task force? What base are you?
I'm Markistan, running at HQ15.

One thing I could do is dig up my TD and TH guardians, and replace with a single magma masterpiece - that would free up one statue spot.

Assuming equal level, what do you guys think is the optimum statue configuration?

right now, I have 2 guardian GBE, 2 guardian troop (1 health, one damage), one guardian wood production, and one RR masterpiece... so that's 4 statues geared towards offense and two geared at increasing production.

I have been pretty pleased with this so far - love having all of that GBE, I think the wood production has been really beneficial and the RR masterpiece has really jump-started Dr. Terror days.

I have a couple of masterpieces coming up soon - one green will get started building in a couple of hours (pending sub dive), and i'm not too far off from another purple. Problem is - I don't really want to give up any of my current statues, and I won't be ready to upgrade sculptor until end of the week at the soonest.

not sure how I want my statues allocated.
Be warned that you can only have 1 MP for any given attribute (can have multiple of a color...but cannot have 2 GBE masterpieces). That stung someone in my taskforce when he wasn't aware of it...harvested a troop damage to build an MP, and got a troop health but already had one.

It's tough to decide man and everyone's different. A buddy of mine gave up a rare PSC masterpiece (67% perhaps?) for a 10% GBE...I thought he was nuts, but that extra 4 energy gives him enough for another shock in his preferred attack style. On the fiip side I just gave up a 12% GBE to use a 19% PSC...so to each his own.

I personally really like having a blue building health one...since getting that (13%) I've had no problems controlling my resource bases. Not sure I'd give that up for much right now as I'm starting to get to the 1000-1500 per hour bases.

My current selection.

RP - 22%

TH - 23% - 12%

TD - 8%

BH - 13%

GBE - 31%

PCS - 19%

I'm coming up on 3 MPs here in the next week...those lame reds will definitely be the first to go.

Why the hell does resource storages cost so damn much? I don't think I'll ever fill a lvl9 wood storage since I'll be using diamonds to pay the balance for my lvl6 sculptor.

Additionally, the link below is a great piece of info for percent chance to get a statue. I use it all the time to decide which to keep. I read somewhere it was taken directly from the game files and can be trusted.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

On a related note: I just build my 3rd unusable masterpiece in a row this morning, very frustrating for someone with 7 statues, of which only 3 are MPs and 1 of those being a very low level one.

ETA - I see from your link that my link is a suggested prereq.

Additionally, the link below is a great piece of info for percent chance to get a statue. I use it all the time to decide which to keep. I read somewhere it was taken directly from the game files and can be trusted.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

On a related note: I just build my 3rd unusable masterpiece in a row this morning, very frustrating for someone with 7 statues, of which only 3 are MPs and 1 of those being a very low level one.

just got my second masterpiece today... iron production :wall: . I have never been prevented from building anything because of a lack of iron.

But yeah...Yesups guide is very informative.

just got my second masterpiece today... iron production :wall: . I have never been prevented from building anything because of a lack of iron.

But yeah...Yesups guide is very informative.
Yeah, I got a 50% iron one when I was HQ12...all it would have done was generate so much unusable iron that I would have been a tasty target. Gold great, wood or stone I could have used for at least a short time...iron, get the eff out of here.

About 5 days ago I changed my base, and pushed everything toward the beach. I've successfully defended all of the several attacks I've faced so far. :)

Users who are viewing this thread