What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I have a purple resource reward masterpiece ready to deploy. The problem is the sculptor is pricey to upgrade, which I need in order to add a new statue slot. Then I keep getting raided so it's 1step forward 2 steps back with accumulating wood and stone.

I'll get there a some point, but I just need people to leave me the hell alone for a week while I hoard my loot.
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can upgrade your sculptor with a sculpture in it. I hope I'm wrong, that indeed would be nice....but I think I tried it once.
I can confirm that you can upgrade the sculptor with a sculpture it. I just did this today.

EYLive said:
I have a purple resource reward masterpiece ready to deploy. The problem is the sculptor is pricey to upgrade, which I need in order to add a new statue slot. Then I keep getting raided so it's 1step forward 2 steps back with accumulating wood and stone.

I'll get there a some point, but I just need people to leave me the hell alone for a week while I hoard my loot.
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can upgrade your sculptor with a sculpture in it. I hope I'm wrong, that indeed would be nice....but I think I tried it once.
I can confirm that you can upgrade the sculptor with a sculpture it. I just did this today.
sweet, thanks for the update

I finally started boosting some statues on Terror days...helped me to build some big upgrades, but what it really accomplished was pushing my medal count up further than I can handle.

• Tough holding on to resource bases when facing people with more boats, more troops, grenadiers, and upgraded medics.
  • Opponents are tougher with the added launcher
  • Not getting as much intel because I'm not defending my base well enough.
Feels like I'm in a for month long holding period here while things normalize again.

How quickly does that actually work? How many days does it take to drop...say... 25 medals? My task force needs the intel, so I can't stop attacking for too long.

so it looks like daily Dr Terror now. interesting. gonna be tons more loot available, making it faster to upgrade everything without attacking other players.

so it looks like daily Dr Terror now. interesting. gonna be tons more loot available, making it faster to upgrade everything without attacking other players.
From this source, it look's like it's not Terror every day, but an "event"....either Terror, the new gear chick or Hammerman attacking you.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/649424-New-Event-Schedule-The-Cycle-of-Evil
yeah, it looks like not every day, but you can see Dr Terror 4x in 6 days. still a lot more frequent than 2x every 7 days.

Interesting, I saw the update but didn't really pay much attention to it. Attacked Doc Terror this morning. Started out normally, lvl8, then lvl9 then lvl28, then lvl48 so it appears no more slow roll up like before.

Anybody buy the weapon thing yet?

Those new defenses might make defense actually work.

I gotta get to HQ 15 ASAP.

The video didn't show anything about the critters from the gunboat. Anyone know anything about them?

it says you can watch your attack replays from an improved activity log, but I'm not seeing it.

Those new defenses might make defense actually work.

I gotta get to HQ 15 ASAP.

The video didn't show anything about the critters from the gunboat. Anyone know anything about them?
gunboat launches 6+ weak robotic lego critters, for running interference or taking out unprotected rockets/shock

Yeah Terror looks like 7 levels instead of 20. Haven't done it today so I'm not sure how the loot works... I'm guessing it's scaled down now since there are daily events? Seems like it will be harder to save up large amounts of resources for big builds? Maybe all the PvP bases will have more loot as a result so it's a wash. I'm going to hopefully start the weapon prototype thing today. Need about 300k in stone to kick it off.

Yeah Terror looks like 7 levels instead of 20. Haven't done it today so I'm not sure how the loot works... I'm guessing it's scaled down now since there are daily events? Seems like it will be harder to save up large amounts of resources for big builds? Maybe all the PvP bases will have more loot as a result so it's a wash. I'm going to hopefully start the weapon prototype thing today. Need about 300k in stone to kick it off.
I can typically make it to around level 39 on Dr T events. I keep track of how much cumulative loot I can get from all of that, and it looks like it's really close at my level. The difference is it will now take me 4 attacks to get there, where as in the old system it's 7 or 8.

Bottom line - for me at least, the loot will be the same, but now 4x every 6 days.

From this source, it look's like it's not Terror every day, but an "event"....either Terror, the new gear chick or Hammerman attacking you.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/649424-New-Event-Schedule-The-Cycle-of-Evil
yeah, it looks like not every day, but you can see Dr Terror 4x in 6 days. still a lot more frequent than 2x every 7 days.
actually...I wonder what it will be for those of us that have not beaten Hammerman level 45, because word was he and gear-chick would only start showing up once you had done so. Does that mean terror 6 days a week for the rest of us?

Then again, I thought the weapons thing was only available to those who've beat Hammerman 45, but I can see that...

Interesting, I saw the update but didn't really pay much attention to it. Attacked Doc Terror this morning. Started out normally, lvl8, then lvl9 then lvl28, then lvl48 so it appears no more slow roll up like before.

Anybody buy the weapon thing yet?
Nope, can't afford it.

Holy crap my 24 zookas got mowed down in a blink of an eye bymachine guns in this operation (I think it was Fluke). My fault for underestimating high level machine guns.

Is this update good enough to get some interest back in the game? Almost took it off my phone this weekend.

Is this update good enough to get some interest back in the game? Almost took it off my phone this weekend.
If you were checked out there isn't anything in this update that is going to draw you back in imo
Thanks. I really want to get back in, use to like this game better than CoC. I just think I am burned out on all things Supercell.

Watching grenadiers lob airballs for 4 minutes is excruuuuciating.

I'm still rolling with 12 heavies, 3 medics and 24 zookas. Cheap loadout that takes down most bases.

Perhaps it's just different and will grow on me...but at level 36/HQ15/Radar14 I'm very disappointed with this update. This was clearly geared towards the upper echelon and I can see the terror events helping the lower level folks improve faster, but those of us in the middle might be damaged. I had just made progress to double digit terror days last week and now I only get through 4...and the biggest problem is that they have not been fun as both days included: 2 gimmies where I might not have taken any damage at all, one where I might have lost a single meat shield, one semi-hard one where I lost ~40% of my troops, and the 5th is impossible. No longer looking forward to Terror days which was how I measured my week to week progress.

The one thing I do like is that it gives me a real goal to work towards...Hammerman level 45, where I will start getting the extra daily events.

Thanks for reminding me about Hammerman 45. Just knocked it out. Super easy as long as you have enough GBE.

EYLive said:
More Dr terror has made gathering loot very easy recently. I just bought the weapons factory. :)
Enjoy the 300% building health and 100% building damage War Factory base when it's done. I got housed on my 3 attacks.

If your VP count is relatively high compared to Experience or HQ level, it's virtually impossible to hold more than a few resource bases. Kind of frustrating.

If your VP count is relatively high compared to Experience or HQ level, it's virtually impossible to hold more than a few resource bases. Kind of frustrating.
Is there some sort of chart as to the sweet spot for VP/HQ/Troop level? I know a lot of it has to do with strategy but I'm wondering where everyone else is with offense & defense.

I'm HQ 19, my VP is maybe around 420ish(?) and I generally hold all the resource bases on my map these days. I don't have any blue statues, but if someone takes one away from me I generally can take it right back. There was one base that was high 50s a week or two ago where I was battling back and forth with some guy and I eventually had to give up and wait til I could re-roll it.

With the name, this game really should have been about beach volleyball.
Thinking of this?
Thinking of this actually. Used to play that game endlessly with some of my volleyball team. One of our outside hitters would kind of shake his hand when he'd go up to spike, used to joke with him that he was trying to power his spike up like in the game.

That's one of those games I wish someone would come out with a freebie on a console or pad for.

Is there some sort of chart as to the sweet spot for VP/HQ/Troop level? I know a lot of it has to do with strategy but I'm wondering where everyone else is with offense & defense.
I'd like to see this as well. HQ15, exp 37, VP 192, zooka =12, heavy = 13. I own all resource bases on my map and if I lose them, can usually take them back pretty easily. I am a guy who is careful not to attack other player bases unless I really need it...I play mostly by careful planning around Dr terror events.

I'd like to see this as well. HQ15, exp 37, VP 192, zooka =12, heavy = 13. I own all resource bases on my map and if I lose them, can usually take them back pretty easily. I am a guy who is careful not to attack other player bases unless I really need it...I play mostly by careful planning around Dr terror events.
HQ14, Exp 35, VP 270. Apparently I attack too much. My resource bases get taken by 41/265s

I'd like to see this as well.HQ15, exp 37, VP 192, zooka =12, heavy = 13. I own all resource bases on my map and if I lose them, can usually take them back pretty easily. I am a guy who is careful not to attack other player bases unless I really need it...I play mostly by careful planning around Dr terror events.
HQ14, Exp 35, VP 270. Apparently I attack too much. My resource bases get taken by 41/265s
Yeah, that seems like a lot of VP for HQ14. I'm around that range as a HQ16. Heavy14/Zooka13 I think.

I own all my resource bases except for a stone spot in the low mid lvl40 range, everyone seems to place their 5 lvl6 rocket launchers in a semi-circle near the beach, which I'm having trouble with. But I generally don't have resource problems anymore like I did a few weeks ago.

Thinking of this?
Thinking of this actually. Used to play that game endlessly with some of my volleyball team. One of our outside hitters would kind of shake his hand when he'd go up to spike, used to joke with him that he was trying to power his spike up like in the game.

That's one of those games I wish someone would come out with a freebie on a console or pad for.
lol use to play that a lot, i'm shocked i get to even see that on these boards.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
Greg Russell said:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Greg Russell said:
Thinking of this?

lol use to play that a lot, i'm shocked i get to even see that on these boards.
Dude! Found a web browser version: http://game-oldies.com/play-online/super-spike-v-ball-nintendo-nes#

I'd like to see this as well.HQ15, exp 37, VP 192, zooka =12, heavy = 13. I own all resource bases on my map and if I lose them, can usually take them back pretty easily. I am a guy who is careful not to attack other player bases unless I really need it...I play mostly by careful planning around Dr terror events.
Yeah, that seems like a lot of VP for HQ14. I'm around that range as a HQ16. Heavy14/Zooka13 I think.I own all my resource bases except for a stone spot in the low mid lvl40 range, everyone seems to place their 5 lvl6 rocket launchers in a semi-circle near the beach, which I'm having trouble with. But I generally don't have resource problems anymore like I did a few weeks ago.
just took one, it was retaken in 5 minutes by a 16/40/296. I must be doing something wrong

Yeah, that seems like a lot of VP for HQ14. I'm around that range as a HQ16. Heavy14/Zooka13 I think.I own all my resource bases except for a stone spot in the low mid lvl40 range, everyone seems to place their 5 lvl6 rocket launchers in a semi-circle near the beach, which I'm having trouble with. But I generally don't have resource problems anymore like I did a few weeks ago.
just took one, it was retaken in 5 minutes by a 16/40/296. I must be doing something wrong
Finally realized that a couple of nice ice statues make a big difference.

Has your offense suffered as a result? I'm rolling with all 3 magma statues and the rest dark statues. Have a bunch of ice shards and crystals saved up, but wasn't planning on using them till later (I'm HQ14).

Has your offense suffered as a result? I'm rolling with all 3 magma statues and the rest dark statues. Have a bunch of ice shards and crystals saved up, but wasn't planning on using them till later (I'm HQ14).
a little, but not much. I've got two magma, three purple, and two ice now. Gave up a GBE statue for another ice. Getting raided less and holding resource bases longer mostly makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread