What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Finally realized that a couple of nice ice statues make a big difference.
So this is what I was bringing up in chat, I'm at a crossroads with statues. I have 8 masterpiece statues broken down:Purple - Gunbhote Energy - 27%

Purple - Resource Reward - 39%

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

Debating whether to trade out gold for an ice statue. According to the guide, I have some fairly common statues so the potential to upgrade them is pretty good except for stone.

beer 30 said:
joffer said:
So this is what I was bringing up in chat, I'm at a crossroads with statues. I have 8 masterpiece statues broken down:Purple - Gunbhote Energy - 27%

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

Debating whether to trade out gold for an ice statue. According to the guide, I have some fairly common statues so the potential to upgrade them is pretty good except for stone.
IMO, the only green statues worth keeping are for gold, and then maybe not even. I say dump them if you can get some sweet guardians somewhere helpful.

I will be able to get to HQ17 at least without raiding anyone outside of Dr Terror, and I don't have a single green statue. I do this by having a +44 RR masterpiece and a +20 RR guardian; all of my other statues are to help me get thru as many Dr Terror as I can. Once I am past HQ17, I will probably need to start using power powder to bolster the rewards...when that happens I'll start raiding again, I suppose.

It helps that my VP is apparently really low for my level - I really don't worry about base defense and haven't been raided in over a month.

I have +20 (masterpiece), +15 and +15 GBE, +20 (masterpiece) and +11 troop health, and then a +29 power stone chance. If I get a chance, I'll dump one of the GBE guardians for a PS masterpiece.

beer 30 said:
joffer said:

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

Wow, that's a crap ton of resource dedicated statues! Do you find that you've almost always got a ton of resources stacked up and are getting attacked a lot? With all that production it sure seems like it would make sense to protect it with a blue...but I wonder if your production is overkill?

My current selection....

Green MP - 22% RP

Red G - 13% TH

Red MP - 23% TH

Red MP - 20% TD

Purple G - 16% GBE

Purple MP - 31% GBE

Purple MP - 47% PSC

Purple MP - 25% RR

With the exception of my green, none of my MPs are very good...and if I were to get a good Resource Rewards one I might even replace the Resource Production all together. I feel like the RR creates an on-demand system that lets you go get resources when you need them and not worry about protecting bases and generating them over time.

In the end it comes down to what excites you about this game...some people like defense, some people like offense and there's no wrong way to go if you're enjoying it. What I do know is my offensive strategy in this game has allowed me to progress faster than my defensive minded buddy who's got 4 of his 7 statues dedicated to greens/blues...and has focused his building on defense. (I will admit that getting the green resource production gave me a leg up).

beer 30 said:
joffer said:

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

Wow, that's a crap ton of resource dedicated statues! Do you find that you've almost always got a ton of resources stacked up and are getting attacked a lot? With all that production it sure seems like it would make sense to protect it with a blue...but I wonder if your production is overkill?

My current selection....

Green MP - 22% RP

Red G - 13% TH

Red MP - 23% TH

Red MP - 20% TD

Purple G - 16% GBE

Purple MP - 31% GBE

Purple MP - 47% PSC

Purple MP - 25% RR

With the exception of my green, none of my MPs are very good...and if I were to get a good Resource Rewards one I might even replace the Resource Production all together. I feel like the RR creates an on-demand system that lets you go get resources when you need them and not worry about protecting bases and generating them over time.

In the end it comes down to what excites you about this game...some people like defense, some people like offense and there's no wrong way to go if you're enjoying it. What I do know is my offensive strategy in this game has allowed me to progress faster than my defensive minded buddy who's got 4 of his 7 statues dedicated to greens/blues...and has focused his building on defense. (I will admit that getting the green resource production gave me a leg up).
Hey, I make a lot because I spend a lot, don't judge :)

I just really never thought that much about it. This game is structured so differently than CoC so I just based what I do here on what I do there where it's all about resources. As you said, in this game you can have some RR statues and probably do just as well. Since the dude suggested a few things a week ago I've been on a raiding tear and found that I can generate as much or more than any farming I'm doing with green statues. I've almost quit upgrading defense and turned my attention to the gunbhote, troop carriers and upgrading troops as I just leveled up my armory to 16. I will probably keep gold & stone for now, just kicked off a purple Masterpiece so we'll see what I get in 10hrs.

beer 30 said:
joffer said:

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

My current selection....

Green MP - 22% RP

Red G - 13% TH

Red MP - 23% TH

Red MP - 20% TD

Purple G - 16% GBE

Purple MP - 31% GBE

Purple MP - 47% PSC

Purple MP - 25% RR

I just really never thought that much about it. This game is structured so differently than CoC so I just based what I do here on what I do there where it's all about resources. As you said, in this game you can have some RR statues and probably do just as well. Since the dude suggested a few things a week ago I've been on a raiding tear and found that I can generate as much or more than any farming I'm doing with green statues. I've almost quit upgrading defense and turned my attention to the gunbhote, troop carriers and upgrading troops as I just leveled up my armory to 16. I will probably keep gold & stone for now, just kicked off a purple Masterpiece so we'll see what I get in 10hrs.
ha...no judgement...

Was honestly curious if you felt like you got raided a lot and were often worried about getting taken for a lot of resources. Sure, you can spend what ya got, but once you start a 24 hour upgrade you can't stop the production from coming in which leaves resources unprotected. I was hesitant to add a Percent Stone Change MP since it didn't really do anything to help me attack, build, or protect anything...but I'm glad I did. I'm definitely generating more Guardians and MPs than I was before and it's helped me upgrade 5 of my status in the last 3 weeks. Like me you've got a lot of mediocre statues and the ability to upgrade them faster might help you a lot.

IMO, start treating power crystals as the most import resource and with a little patience you'll reap the rewards.

My +30% building health and +15% defensive building damage has made holding resource bases much easier. I'm also crowding the beach so those damn grenadiers get shredded ASAP.

As an HQ16 I only got my armory up to lvl 15 last week, so my defense has helped offset my weak-ish offense.

I just wish ice shards were easier to get. I'm still working on getting a 2nd ice masterpiece... and hoping that it comes in the form of defensive building damage.

My +30% building health and +15% defensive building damage has made holding resource bases much easier. I'm also crowding the beach so those damn grenadiers get shredded ASAP.

As an HQ16 I only got my armory up to lvl 15 last week, so my defense has helped offset my weak-ish offense.

I just wish ice shards were easier to get. I'm still working on getting a 2nd ice masterpiece... and hoping that it comes in the form of defensive building damage.
:goodposting: a nice sniper tower or high-level mortar up front really eliminates that attack as an option.

beer 30 said:
joffer said:

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

My current selection....

Green MP - 22% RP

Red G - 13% TH

Red MP - 23% TH

Red MP - 20% TD

Purple G - 16% GBE

Purple MP - 31% GBE

Purple MP - 47% PSC

Purple MP - 25% RR

Oh ####, you're Rollo? You're Doc on CoC right? Straight offense is like your bread and better, you invented it! ;)

Seriously, I'm firmly in the all offense camp no defense camp. I had a Base Health 30 MP that I cooked up around HQ 16 or 17. Almost perfect. I'm kicking myself for even building any MP ice statues because I never used it. Turned it to powder. It may be a long time before I get another one that good when I decide to switch to Ice.

I just got my final sculptor upgrade yesterday and here is what I'm running now:

GBE MP 34

RR MP 44

TH MP 30

TD MP 27

PSC MP 64

GBE 14

GBE 14

RR 20

TD 11

RR 15 (this is my latest statue and I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, but it may stay RR)

I hit HQ 20 last week I think and I'm still at VP 447, so that's probably pretty damn low for HQ20.

I don't give a #### if I get raided. With my RR statues and the now daily Dr Terrors, I can earn enough resources for pretty much any upgrade. I run TMed and Warriors, so I need alot of GBE, hence the statues. You Hooka guys probably need more health and damage I imagine. Once you get a decent RR MP, and another RR guardian, I think it's time to dump your green statues. They're holding you back. Attacking is fun, and the game is slanted way towards offense, so take advantage of it and get your resources the fun way. Once you get high enough in VP, the PvP bases you find will bring you far more resources than your home base and your resource bases. Don't keep ice bases to try to protect your resources bases. I don't think that is positive EV.

beer 30 said:
joffer said:

Red - Troop Damage - 27%

Red - Troop Health - 16%

Green - Stone - 58%

Green - Wood - 40%

Green - Gold - 42%

Green - Steel - 50%

My current selection....

Green MP - 22% RP

Red G - 13% TH

Red MP - 23% TH

Red MP - 20% TD

Purple G - 16% GBE

Purple MP - 31% GBE

Purple MP - 47% PSC

Purple MP - 25% RR

Oh ####, you're Rollo? You're Doc on CoC right? Straight offense is like your bread and better, you invented it! ;)

Seriously, I'm firmly in the all offense camp no defense camp. I had a Base Health 30 MP that I cooked up around HQ 16 or 17. Almost perfect. I'm kicking myself for even building any MP ice statues because I never used it. Turned it to powder. It may be a long time before I get another one that good when I decide to switch to Ice.

I just got my final sculptor upgrade yesterday and here is what I'm running now:

GBE MP 34

RR MP 44

TH MP 30

TD MP 27

PSC MP 64

GBE 14

GBE 14

RR 20

TD 11

RR 15 (this is my latest statue and I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, but it may stay RR)

I hit HQ 20 last week I think and I'm still at VP 447, so that's probably pretty damn low for HQ20.

I don't give a #### if I get raided. With my RR statues and the now daily Dr Terrors, I can earn enough resources for pretty much any upgrade. I run TMed and Warriors, so I need alot of GBE, hence the statues. You Hooka guys probably need more health and damage I imagine. Once you get a decent RR MP, and another RR guardian, I think it's time to dump your green statues. They're holding you back. Attacking is fun, and the game is slanted way towards offense, so take advantage of it and get your resources the fun way. Once you get high enough in VP, the PvP bases you find will bring you far more resources than your home base and your resource bases. Don't keep ice bases to try to protect your resources bases. I don't think that is positive EV.
:goodposting:

Some damn nice statues there...just about every one of them is better than mine of the same type. Over the last 10 builds I've kept 5 of them, so the odds suggest I'm going to hit a dry spell here.

The guys in my task force think I'm spending money...but I'm just more offensive minded than them. Two of them are spending money and are no stronger in our task force than me and the other two that aren't spending money and defensive minded are falling behind quickly.

Every big upgrade I do I take a screen shot so I have proof that I'm not doing it with purchased gems.

How do you keep your medals so low when you attack so much? I'm well over 500 and mostly collect resources, only attack when gunning for a major upgrade.

GBE MP 34

RR MP 44

TH MP 30

TD MP 27

PSC MP 64

GBE 14

GBE 14

RR 20

TD 11

Rollo30 yes, Doc no although I am flattered. I can only aspire to be a shadow of the greatness that is Doc.So you get a 79% resource reward, is that what I'm reading? If so, damn. I'm kind of turning the page on getting raided as well. I get hit, I give up resources, I move on, cost of doing business. I ditched 2 green MP in the last day for a PS MP of 44% and BH for 6%. Funny I had two MP ice statures a few months ago and got talked into ditching them because they didn't really slow down the raids I was getting hit with. That's when I made the switch to resources, now I'm heading back the other way.

Really starting to enjoy this game, the army turn around is quick, resources seem plentiful enough to keep the game moving at a decent pace. I think I'm at a sweet spot right now with HQ17, kinda like when you are getting close to a fully upgraded TH level in CoC. It becomes fairly easy to impose your will.

How do you keep your medals so low when you attack so much? I'm well over 500 and mostly collect resources, only attack when gunning for a major upgrade.
Not really sure. I'd imagine it's because I spent very little resources upgrading my defenses and I have no Ice, so my base is not difficult to beat. Any player who refreshed and got my base while I was on an attacking run found a really juicy honey pot.

GBE MP 34

RR MP 44

TH MP 30

TD MP 27

PSC MP 64

GBE 14

GBE 14

RR 20

TD 11

Rollo30 yes, Doc no although I am flattered. I can only aspire to be a shadow of the greatness that is Doc.So you get a 79% resource reward, is that what I'm reading? If so, damn. I'm kind of turning the page on getting raided as well. I get hit, I give up resources, I move on, cost of doing business. I ditched 2 green MP in the last day for a PS MP of 44% and BH for 6%. Funny I had two MP ice statures a few months ago and got talked into ditching them because they didn't really slow down the raids I was getting hit with. That's when I made the switch to resources, now I'm heading back the other way.

Really starting to enjoy this game, the army turn around is quick, resources seem plentiful enough to keep the game moving at a decent pace. I think I'm at a sweet spot right now with HQ17, kinda like when you are getting close to a fully upgraded TH level in CoC. It becomes fairly easy to impose your will.
Yep, 79% currently. And if I'm pushing for a big upgrade I boost the 44% so It'd be 123% total.

Not really sure. I'd imagine it's because I spent very little resources upgrading my defenses and I have no Ice, so my base is not difficult to beat. Any player who refreshed and got my base while I was on an attacking run found a really juicy honey pot.

GBE MP 34

RR MP 44

TH MP 30

TD MP 27

PSC MP 64

GBE 14

GBE 14

RR 20

TD 11

Yep, 79% currently. And if I'm pushing for a big upgrade I boost the 44% so It'd be 123% total.
Hell, I'm at 64%. I can get nearly everything I need to keep growing by attacking Dr Terror only.

I'd go nuts if I only attacked Dr. Terror. I love taking down player bases.
Me tooMy path is clear now, thanks guys. Pushing bhotes & offense. Just finished up lvl17 heavies. Lvl8 tanks or lvl13 warriors next? I don't typically use either but have experimented with warriors and done well. Will be upgrading barrage & artillery before either of those regardless.

My first try defending against Hammerman. Defended successfully on the 2nd try. Being able to see the troops ahead of time and set your base accordingly is a nice advantage.

My first try defending against Hammerman. Defended successfully on the 2nd try. Being able to see the troops ahead of time and set your base accordingly is a nice advantage.
Todays was easy. Moving all your mines to the front helps a lot without heavies.

Update: "Turtle Raiders of the Lost Archipelago" NEW STUFF

- Save multiple base layouts (unlocks at HQ 13) - hooray!

- Share attack and defense replays with your Task Force - hooray!

- 50 NPC levels

- Starfish

IMPROVEMENTS

- LOTS of new building upgrade level graphics!

- LOTS of bug fixes! (check out the main ones here)

- Critters no longer follow Flares, receive Medic/Medkit healing or statue bonuses

- Added player #tags (tap here for more info)

- Better boss banter

- Gearheart event has more reward thresholds, starting at 2 Gears

BALANCE CHANGES

- Gearheart event resource rewards increased

- Hammerman on the hunt event rewards increased at the higher VP ranges

- Dr. Terror difficulty increased, with stage 7 being as challenging as stage 20 used to be (we made a mistake when setting the stage 2-7 difficulty curve, so this balance change makes Dr. Terror as tough as he's supposed to be)

- Critters' damage and health increased slightly

- Power Core health increased to 200k (from 160k)

- Some Power Base layouts have been tweaked

- Turtle and crab population reduced

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused...

I have a lvl 8 HQ. Need 3k more wood for level 9, but my wood storage is maxed out at 78K. I can’t upgrade my wood storage to level 4 until I upgrade my HQ to level 9 though. How can I upgrade the HQ to lvl 9 if there’s no way I can have enough wood on hand to do it?

I'm confused...

I have a lvl 8 HQ. Need 3k more wood for level 9, but my wood storage is maxed out at 78K. I cant upgrade my wood storage to level 4 until I upgrade my HQ to level 9 though. How can I upgrade the HQ to lvl 9 if theres no way I can have enough wood on hand to do it?
Can you upgrade your vault or Sawmill?

I'm confused...

I have a lvl 8 HQ. Need 3k more wood for level 9, but my wood storage is maxed out at 78K. I can’t upgrade my wood storage to level 4 until I upgrade my HQ to level 9 though. How can I upgrade the HQ to lvl 9 if there’s no way I can have enough wood on hand to do it?
you can use diamonds to buy what you need.

No, it wasn't. That fixed it. Of course, now I have to find another 20k wood somewhere... Dr. Terror after lvl 2 is a friggin bad ###.

Thanks guys!

always max out vault. IMO the most important upgrade.
Meant to ask about this in chat so my vault is lvl14 and says it protects 75% of my stuff. Does that mean that when attacked I can only lose 25% of everything I have or does that just apply to the vault?

Meant to ask about this in chat so my vault is lvl14 and says it protects 75% of my stuff. Does that mean that when attacked I can only lose 25% of everything I have or does that just apply to the vault?
The amount held by the vault is completely protected

The amount above that is 75% protected - excluding uncollected resources.

The amount held by the vault is completely protected

The amount above that is 75% protected - excluding uncollected resources.
my vault holds 320k gold, and protects 78%. If I had 500k in gold and was attacked, I would stand to lose 22% of 180k (500k-320k), or ~40k.

The reason why vault is so important is not just that you lose less loot if attacked, it makes you a less desirable opponent to raid. If someone were to scout me, they would see that they would only win 40k gold...more likely to raid someone carrying more cash.

That's how I see it anyways.

ETA: my vault also holds 160k wood. In theory, I could beach my base and just upgrade all defenses costing less than, say, 200k wood, and not worry about it. If i were to get raided, no big deal, I wouldn't lose enough to interrupt my building efforts, and it would drop my VP's.

Also, once they scout you, the amount of loot available to the attacker never changes. So the amount they get and the amount you lose can be different by the time they attack.

Also, once they scout you, the amount of loot available to the attacker never changes. So the amount they get and the amount you lose can be different by the time they attack.
This is odd to me. I with they would show the correct amount of lootable resources. Or have it change depending on what's really available like in CoC.

Um, dumb question:

Just found a lvl 13 that looks like a pushover and should net me enough for the lvl 9 HQ upgrade. I go to attack but can't because it says player is online... That's a first. You can't attack someone if they're online at that exact moment?

Should I just give it a few minutes and try again?

Um, dumb question:

Just found a lvl 13 that looks like a pushover and should net me enough for the lvl 9 HQ upgrade. I go to attack but can't because it says player is online... That's a first. You can't attack someone if they're online at that exact moment?

Should I just give it a few minutes and try again?
Yes, this happens a lot. Just give them a few minutes till they log off.

Alright, I managed to survive a whole ~10 seconds on Bloatware. But I think that was due in large part to the two shock bombs I launched as opposed to me doing any good... Was able to bring a fifth transport boat to the party this time though...

Barrage is second on the list of things to get now though (right after the sub), so hopefully that will help a bit as well.

Alright, I managed to survive a whole ~10 seconds on Bloatware. But I think that was due in large part to the two shock bombs I launched as opposed to me doing any good... Was able to bring a fifth transport boat to the party this time though...

Barrage is second on the list of things to get now though (right after the sub), so hopefully that will help a bit as well.
At this point in your development you're not going to bring much to the table on an operation, you're HQ9 correct? I don't mean that in a bad way just your troops need a little more oomph to hang. Best bet is to focus on one or two defensive buildings and try to take them out. Hang back and see how the operation unfolds, don't need to be first in line to attack. There are a lot of times I know we will bypass an easy kill on one of the bases so lower tier guys can step in for the kill shot.

You'll get a feel for it as you get more involved, there isn't any science to it and we don't talk a lot but if you ask questions they will get answered. Keep upgrading, especially focus on your offense and statues. Purple or Dark (gunbhote) statues help your offensive capabilities a lot as do Red (troops). Lot to do at your level.

Gotcha Beer, thanks.

One more question. I sent my sub out on a dive mission. Is there a countdown timer for it's return? If so, where is that? The first time I sent it out, I'd click on the buoy, but it would just say what the expected haul would be.

Also, for some odd reason, the buoy has seemingly disappeared... Another one showed up on the opposite side of the map that I swore wasn't there before, but when I click on it, it looks like I can send my sub down, but can't because it's already out...

Gotcha Beer, thanks.

One more question. I sent my sub out on a dive mission. Is there a countdown timer for it's return? If so, where is that? The first time I sent it out, I'd click on the buoy, but it would just say what the expected haul would be.

Also, for some odd reason, the buoy has seemingly disappeared... Another one showed up on the opposite side of the map that I swore wasn't there before, but when I click on it, it looks like I can send my sub down, but can't because it's already out...
there is an optional patch that fixes that. I don't have a link, sorry. Try going to the store and see if it has an update available for Boom Beach.

Users who are viewing this thread