What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints @ Panthers, TNF Titanic Tilt (1 Viewer)

Saints finally win a road game. Goes down to the wire, Brees pulls it out at the end.

Final score....Saints 30 Panthers 27

Brees 340 yards 2 TDs 1 pick

Pretty damned important game for both squads. First place in the division (with a terrible record) and a possible playoff berth is at stake here. Could be a year like the Seahawks had in getting into the playoffs with 7 wins.

NO has been pretty horrid outside of their own dome -- with a bunch of their losses coming on the road, winning here in Carolina would not only be a huge morale boost, but set them up very well as they face more opponents to come at home in the coming weeks. Drew Brees and the offense -- run and pass -- have heated up, and will need to rely on their D to step up and play like they did last week.

CAR has been backsliding, but seem to find a way to beat the Saints in previous meetings at home. They will get a needed boost with DWill back, but he's far from an elite back. Kelvin Benjamin has been solid, but Cam will likely be having to get rid of the ball quickly with his O-line in relative tatters. On the defensive side of the ball, hard to believe that such a dominant D has allowed 37 points or more in their last 4 out of 6 games. Losing Greg Hardy and most of your secondary will do that.

Going to be an interesting game. If his O-line can hold off the rush, and Cam can run the read-option effectively, Carolina could win. But my money is on NO despite their road record and the short week.

Carolina has looked pretty awful on both sides of the ball to me, but I'm sure they will keep it close being a division game.I think the Saints pull away in the second half and get a relatively comfortable win

vape on Willie
New Orleans stinks on the road and they played late on Sunday. Both teams are banged up but I'll take the home team in a divisional game on a short week. Carolina is still tied for the division lead. They will be up for this game and Newton has played great. This will not be an easy game for the Saints.

Panthers are 1-4-1 last 6 games.

The Saints are 3-0 at home, 0-4 on the road.

The Saints have had leads in the final minute vs: ATL, CLE, & DET. In all three games there was questionable playcalling at the end, especially passing instead of running, and when passing calling low percentage plays. This is very reminiscent of road losses to NE last year and in past mediocre .500 years like 2007-08.

The Saints will have to be able to run on Carolina, they have to keep CAR from getting those damned turnovers Brees likes to toss around on the road, and they have to close like they used to not all that long ago.

NO hasn't returned many kickoffs in recent months. Can anyone tell me if that's primarily due to playing indoors or is there more to it than that?

"Inactive for the Panthers are LT Byron Bell, RG Trai Turner, RB Fozzy Whittaker, OG Amini Silatolu, slot CB Bene Benwikere, WR Philly Brown and S Thomas DeCoud. UDFA David Foucault is getting the start on Cam Newton's blindside."

From Rotoworld Oct. 30 7:02pm ET

Users who are viewing this thread