Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gianmarco

***Official 2015 St. Louis Cardinals Thread***

784 posts in this topic

That was a hell of a weekend.

Gonna need a box of tinker toys and a gallon of Krazy Glue to keep this pitching staff going at this rate, though.

QS by Martinez tonight would be nice.

2015 Cardinals Hall Of Fame class just announced:

Ted Simmons

Curt Flood

Bob Forsch

George Kissel

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

1 person likes this

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

Let's do this!

Martinez has been throwing the ball great, and Travis Wood is a new man since learning it's bad to walk hitters and doing something about it. Should be a great game. Have fun!

Um, this is going to be crazy

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

Let's do this!

Martinez has been throwing the ball great, and Travis Wood is a new man since learning it's bad to walk hitters and doing something about it. Should be a great game. Have fun!

Martinez really didn't look that good in his start against the Phillies. Obviously tonight didn't go well. He seems to me to really have trouble putting guys away. Gets a lot of 2-strike counts, but then can't figure out that hammer at the end for some reason.

Stupid sexy Cardinals

Stupid sexy Cardinals

If it helps... according to the forecast, 85 is in play over the next 48 hours, so tonight or tomorrow night should be the Jorts Season opener at Busch III. Be on the lookout for dudes rocking Molina T-shirts and Jorts while balancing two hot dogs and two Bud Lights on their way back to their seats.

Stupid sexy Cardinals

If it helps... according to the forecast, 85 is in play over the next 48 hours, so tonight or tomorrow night should be the Jorts Season opener at Busch III. Be on the lookout for dudes rocking Molina T-shirts and Jorts while balancing two hot dogs and two Bud Lights on their way back to their seats.

possibly a visor as well

1 person likes this

Stupid sexy Cardinals

Don't forget the nachos with extra cheese, hold all the Mexican ingredients.

1 person likes this

Stupid sexy Cardinals

Don't forget the nachos with extra cheese, hold all the Mexican ingredients.

This is a damn good posting.

Saw Mario Batali at a game at Busch III a couple years ago. He looked exactly like he does on TV, even wore the orange crocs. (and yes, he had an orange iPhone case that matched his crocs). The folks sitting behind us were monitoring his movement to see what he ate and drank at the ballpark. FWIW, after 3-4 innings, he went to the concourse and got loaded nachos with extra jalapeƱos. Washed it down with a beer.

Rosenthal work too much over the weekend (including blowing it Sunday) for the save opportunity last night?

Rosenthal work too much over the weekend (including blowing it Sunday) for the save opportunity last night?

Yeah. He pitched Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Needed a night off.

Won't need him tonight either

I hope

Won't need him tonight either

I hope

#1 Fan of Kevin Siegrist alias?

Too bad Lester isn't on the mound tonight. Would even up that whole inability to throw to first thing.

WTF was that?

Edited by Bob Sacamano

This Cardinals team is so damn stupid.

It's not fair.

The pitching carries them through the first 20+ games, then the bats wake up just as the starting pitching has a couple bad outings.

I don't know who that guy was pitching the 9 th, But they should make him closer.

It's not fair.

The pitching carries them through the first 20+ games, then the bats wake up just as the starting pitching has a couple bad outings.

Best start in Cardinal history

Clearly Wainwright was holding them back.

Just got so used to seeing a win every night.

Shame that the clock struck midnight on Reynolds in the 9th - just had to make good contact.

Just got so used to seeing a win every night.

Shame that the clock struck midnight on Reynolds in the 9th - just had to make good contact.

No kidding. With that shift on and the tying run on third with one out, you have to shorten up and put the ball in play to the right side somehow. A push bunt isn't out of the question there either.

Oh well. He was still a net asset over the course of that series. I like him. He brings a power dimension off the bench that the Cards have been lacking in recent seasons.

Edited by RnR

Kluber with 9K through 4?

You can't say ### #### on here.

I say #### em

Bryan ####### Price approves this ####### thread

13 LOB is no way to go through a pennant race, son.

Good to see Lynn could pitch through pain but his fastballs did not let have their usual late movement. The thought of both Waino and Lynn on the DL makes me sad.

I am glad to see that it was only back cramps, because his delivery definitely looked strange to me last night.

13 LOB is no way to go through a pennant race, son.

Good to see Lynn could pitch through pain but his fastballs did not let have their usual late movement. The thought of both Waino and Lynn on the DL makes me sad.

Two weeks of a healthy Garcia should ease your pain.

You know that Cardinals' black magic will create an ace from somewhere.

I am glad to see that it was only back cramps, because his delivery definitely looked strange to me last night.

Yadi called the trainer out in the first inning. Usually Lynn throws his fastballs right at the catcher's mitt, then they dive or tail away at the last second. There's so much action on both of them, he rarely throws a slider and doesn't bother with a curve. Last night both ones went straight to the glove. Sometimes he drops his arm a little to ride one in towards a right-handed hitter hanging over the plate.

He was keeping the ball down as usual - he had only given up two HRs all season going into last night - but without the movement he relies on, Morales took him deep twice.