What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama: Worst President Ever? (1 Viewer)

Is Obama the worst president ever?

• Yes

Votes: 185 33.6%
  • No

Votes: 365 66.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chet

Footballguy
The last one got locked a couple of months ago because of some bickering and name calling. Hopefully we can keep this one civil.

Make your case.

Most disappointing? Perhaps. Certainly in my lifetime.

Worst? Stop it - not even close and I can't see how anyone that has any semblance of objectivity would actually believe that claim.

And I can't stand him - between our actual disagreement on policy and more so his utter incompetence at running an administration and forwarding his own agenda (even with an early mandate as strong as any I've seen in a long while) not to say an agenda that best serves the nation, it's a terrible, terrible disappointment.

One last note - if he was WPE, no chance he wins a second term.

I wrote yes but that is not really true. I am old enough to vaguely remember the 70s and Jimmy Carter's impact on America.

Most disappointing? Perhaps. Certainly in my lifetime.

Worst? Stop it - not even close and I can't see how anyone that has any semblance of objectivity would actually believe that claim.

And I can't stand him - between our actual disagreement on policy and more so his utter incompetence at running an administration and forwarding his own agenda (even with an early mandate as strong as any I've seen in a long while) not to say an agenda that best serves the nation, it's a terrible, terrible disappointment.

One last note - if he was WPE, no chance he wins a second term.
His agenda is GOP lite just like Bubba's was and Hillary's will be.

Not the worst but he's pushing bottom five material and he's definitely bottom 10. As the first black president he had as much political capital to build upon as any president during my lifetime when he first entered office and has largely squandered that in the name of cheap partisanship games against his political opposition. He's an ideologue, not half the intellectual he gets credit for being, and will go down in history as the guy who tipped the fiscal solvency of the United States past the point of no return with more accumulated debt than all his predecessors combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
He ran against the policies of the worst president in history and proceeded to continue all those policies he ran against. Brilliant, and his loyal followers knew none the better.

- I think 50 years from now, he will be judged on the success, or lack thereof, his Affordable Care Act. The early results have not been promising, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a dramatic improvement in our HealthCare system years from now, as a result of the act.

- As a representative of the US, he often seems to come off as cocky, aloof and un-trustworthy. He doesn't seem to do a good job connecting with the average Joe, and doesn't really seem to care. With all the recent revelations of "police state" tactics being used by our government, and hidden from the public, ensuring the public's trust in the "system" is something he should be focusing on, but instead defends in the details. If not the President, I bet he'd make a good car salesman.

- Foreign Policy: Not listening to the folks in the know, but instead, pulling all troops from Iraq, has really come back to haunt him, now that it's obvious Iraq was not ready to self-govern and protect itself. If a rag-tag bunch of 25,000 Islamic extremists can gain significant ground in a country with a true military, and one supplied by the US, it wasn't time for us to leave. He's also changed tactics and stances multiple times regarding our current role in the Middle East, Syria specifically; the Benghazi attacks, and our increasingly strenuous relationship with the East (China and Russia).

- Executive Action: I don't really have a large frame of reference, other than our last 4-5 presidents, but it sure feels like Obama, especially this term, has used his Executive privilege to counter congress or simply implement policy he believes needs to be implemented. ObamaCare was forced on the American public; he's going to go at it alone on Immigration reform...

I'd say he's the worst in my lifetime; all Presidents make mistakes, but Obama seems unwilling to take responsibility for his. He has used his Executive privileges to forward his personal agenda, and I believe, has done little to foster successful relationships with our world partners, going so far as to even alienate some of them (Israel...)

- I think 50 years from now, he will be judged on the success, or lack thereof, his Affordable Care Act. The early results have not been promising, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a dramatic improvement in our HealthCare system years from now, as a result of the act.

- As a representative of the US, he often seems to come off as cocky, aloof and un-trustworthy. He doesn't seem to do a good job connecting with the average Joe, and doesn't really seem to care. With all the recent revelations of "police state" tactics being used by our government, and hidden from the public, ensuring the public's trust in the "system" is something he should be focusing on, but instead defends in the details. If not the President, I bet he'd make a good car salesman.

- Foreign Policy: Not listening to the folks in the know, but instead, pulling all troops from Iraq, has really come back to haunt him, now that it's obvious Iraq was not ready to self-govern and protect itself. If a rag-tag bunch of 25,000 Islamic extremists can gain significant ground in a country with a true military, and one supplied by the US, it wasn't time for us to leave. He's also changed tactics and stances multiple times regarding our current role in the Middle East, Syria specifically; the Benghazi attacks, and our increasingly strenuous relationship with the East (China and Russia).

- Executive Action: I don't really have a large frame of reference, other than our last 4-5 presidents, but it sure feels like Obama, especially this term, has used his Executive privilege to counter congress or simply implement policy he believes needs to be implemented. ObamaCare was forced on the American public; he's going to go at it alone on Immigration reform...

I'd say he's the worst in my lifetime; all Presidents make mistakes, but Obama seems unwilling to take responsibility for his. He has used his Executive privileges to forward his personal agenda, and I believe, has done little to foster successful relationships with our world partners, going so far as to even alienate some of them (Israel...)
Yes Israel interfering in US politics hasn't been part of the problem there at all. If it was any other foreign government doing that crap people would be up in arms.

As compared to? Which Presidents have taken responsibility for their mistakes?

William Taft was the worst president, because he fathered Republican Senate Majority Leader Robert Taft, whom co-wrote the Taft-Hartley act.

Taft-Hartley restricted money given by unions to political campaigns. In response, the CIO created Political Action Committees.

Political Action Committees allowed more union and thus, more corporate money into the election system.

Now, money rules politics and will be the downfall of America, as we continue to become an Oligarchy.

So William Taft has my vote as worst president.

I'm pretty sure every current president is always considered THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER by the other party. So, technically for some, yes, he is the WORST PRESIDENT EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the worst but he's pushing bottom five material and he's definitely bottom 10. As the first black president he had as much political capital to build upon as any president during my lifetime when he first entered office and has largely squandered that in the name of cheap partisanship games against his political opposition. He's an ideologue, not half the intellectual he gets credit for being, and will go down in history as the guy who tipped the fiscal solvency of the United States past the point of no return with more accumulated debt than all his predecessors combined.
This is my take as well.

Obama is the most bitter partisan president that I have seen in my lifetime. Reagan and Clinton actually worked with the other side to get things done....and actually had to compromise. But Obama is just too ideologically rigid.

This is my take as well.

Obama is the most bitter partisan president that I have seen in my lifetime. Reagan and Clinton actually worked with the other side to get things done....and actually had to compromise. But Obama is just too ideologically rigid.
WORST PRESIDENT EVER

Yes Israel interfering in US politics hasn't been part of the problem there at all. If it was any other foreign government doing that crap people would be up in arms.
its all the juice fault

This is my take as well.

Wait.. you REALLY think that Obama has been more rigid than his GOP counterparts? Come on man, that's laughable. What, 50 attempts to overturn the healthcare law? I mean, seriously. It's comments like this that make it hard to take much of anything with more than a grain of salt.

If anything, Obama had the mandate early on and never set the tone, before he just let everything slip away from him. But to really think that it's the pres that has been the great obstructionist here is, well, laughable.

FWIW, it's also why someone like me, who has been waiting probably TEN years now to vote R more than D can't even give that a second thought. I can't recall much in the public realm that has been as ideological as the GOP over the past years.

This is my take as well.

Wait.. you REALLY think that Obama has been more rigid than his GOP counterparts? Come on man, that's laughable. What, 50 attempts to overturn the healthcare law? I mean, seriously. It's comments like this that make it hard to take much of anything with more than a grain of salt.

If anything, Obama had the mandate early on and never set the tone, before he just let everything slip away from him. But to really think that it's the pres that has been the great obstructionist here is, well, laughable.

FWIW, it's also why someone like me, who has been waiting probably TEN years now to vote R more than D can't even give that a second thought. I can't recall much in the public realm that has been as ideological as the GOP over the past years.
Yeah I mean the Speaker of the House said he got nearly everything he wanted in their negotiations but the ###### tea partiers shut it down because he didn't get 100%. All on Obama.

He was dealt a #### hand and played it poorly.
He was dealt a great hand (politically).

A terribly unpopular and not especially bright predecessor who helped navigate our nation into unwanted wars and our greatest recession in generations (although granted, hard to fault the pres for that at all) and who had created SUCH momentum for the D's that we actually voted in a black guy as Pres.

he had tremendous popularity and a mandate and the nation was on it's way to rockbottom, from which the eventual climb would be all Obama's to claim (regardless again, of the fact that the pres has little to nothing to do with overall economics in that short a term).

But, Obama picked healthcare and some other goodies of the left to focus on at a time when our nation was mired economically, he allowed the GOP to dictate the conversation, and set himself up for failure.

Hell, once again the GOP has such rancid options to run against Obama that he received a golden second chance with Mr. 47% screwing things up.

Obama could have, with his auditory skills, his youth and wide early appeal and a chance to "turn the nation back around" been considered a huge success. The bowling pins were set up for him.

He threw an early 7-10 split with the wrong areas of focus (i.e. healthcare) and couldn't save so much as a spare when he was given an extra time at those remaining pins.

A terribly unpopular and not especially bright predecessor who helped navigate our nation into unwanted wars and our greatest recession in generations (although granted, hard to fault the pres for that at all) and who had created SUCH momentum for the D's that we actually voted in a black guy as Pres.

he had tremendous popularity and a mandate and the nation was on it's way to rockbottom, from which the eventual climb would be all Obama's to claim (regardless again, of the fact that the pres has little to nothing to do with overall economics in that short a term).

But, Obama picked healthcare and some other goodies of the left to focus on at a time when our nation was mired economically, he allowed the GOP to dictate the conversation, and set himself up for failure.

Hell, once again the GOP has such rancid options to run against Obama that he received a golden second chance with Mr. 47% screwing things up.

Obama could have, with his auditory skills, his youth and wide early appeal and a chance to "turn the nation back around" been considered a huge success. The bowling pins were set up for him.

He threw an early 7-10 split with the wrong areas of focus (i.e. healthcare) and couldn't save so much as a spare when he was given an extra time at those remaining pins.
The ACA has been good for the economy. It is responsible for over 100k new jobs and by some estimates billions in economic activity. It has definitely saved some hospitals in small communities as well. The problem is the Democrats keep running from it instead of touting it.

This is my take as well.

it's been all on Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT1JV65rokc&feature=youtu.be

The ACA has been good for the economy. It is responsible for over 100k new jobs and by some estimates billions in economic activity. It has definitely saved some hospitals in small communities as well. The problem is the Democrats keep running from it instead of touting it.
:scared: Good luck.

Worst ever? Too soon to say. But he is still going to be around for 26 more months to do plenty of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread