What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What trades are you making to go for the championship? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
I just traded Mike Evans (ww pickup) plus Lamar Miller for Andrew Luck.

What trades are you making or targeting to put your team over the top?

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded for FJax to be my RB1 down the stretch last week, I had been taking 6-8 PPG from my one RB every week and relying on my stud WR's/TE to carry me. Want to raise my floor though.

The week before the Lions bye I traded Vincent Jackson, Eric Decker and Joique Bell for Calvin Johnson and Patterson. Evans was on the waiver wire and there was no way I was going to have both Bucs WRs. Luckily the Johnson owner was a little frustrated with his injury and pulled the trigger. I managed to get through the Lions bye without losing and now if Peterson plays and Foster gets healthy I will be set.

I traded Kelvin, Denard, and Reed for Jordy and Rashad Jennings 2 weeks ago. This is by far my most frustrating team. It is somehow .500 (6-5 after this week) even though I lead the league in points by almost 200 points

Starters:

QB- Brees, Wilson

RB- Forte, Ellington

WR- Jordy, Sanders

TE- Gronk

Flex- (2 out of) Sanders, Maclin, OBJ, Rashad Jennings, AP, Crabtree

Trying to work out a trade for Jimmy Graham. He wants Foster. If I had some comfort level that CJ Anderson could be a quality starter for me through week 16 at least, I might do it. Still thinking on that one. Sounds like Hillman and/or Ball may both be back still in a few weeks.

I'm always hesitant to trade away the best player in a deal, but a rival really, really wanted Calvin Johnson. So, I traded away Calvin, Greg Jennings and Darren McFadden for Kelvin Benjamin, Sammy Watkins and Marshawn Lynch.

After this past week it looks like a good decision, but it'll be interesting to see how the season plays out.

I just traded Julius Thomas for Sammy Watkins and A. Ellington, before this past weekend's games.

feeling good about Watkins chances down the stretch.

Jets, Browns, Broncos, Packers, Raiders week 16.

Ellington has a somewhat tougher schedule,but , you can run on the Seahawks..week 13 v. Atl is juicy, then Chiefs,Rams, 'Hawks..

I'm trying to go get Peyton Manning or Tom Brady from a team that isn't in contention in a dynasty league. Now is the time. Offered Cam Newton for Manning so far and I have a good trading relationship with this owner so we'll see.

Trying to work out a trade for Jimmy Graham. He wants Foster. If I had some comfort level that CJ Anderson could be a quality starter for me through week 16 at least, I might do it. Still thinking on that one. Sounds like Hillman and/or Ball may both be back still in a few weeks.
My two cents, Ball is done. He just missed ~ 6 weeks with a groin injury that he re-injured on his first action back. He was my first round draft pick, and I am dropping him this week.

I'm finalizing a deal to send AJ Green and Tre Mason for Gronk. I've still got Demaryius and T.Y. at WR and Forte, Jonas Gray, Crowell, McKinnon and Charles Sims at RB in a 2rb2wr1flex league.

edit: the more I think about it, the more I want to send off Jonas Gray and keep Mason. Hopefully he bites.

Traded Murray for Julio and Hilton in a PPR league. I still have forte and Ellington. Wr was the weakest part of my team.

I'm finalizing a deal to send AJ Green and Tre Mason for Gronk. I've still got Demaryius and T.Y. at WR and Forte, Jonas Gray, Crowell, McKinnon and Charles Sims at RB in a 2rb2wr1flex league.
I'm not sure I would do this if I were you. I think Gronk is great--and he is a TE1--but you are giving up an elite WR1 and throwing in a very solid RB2 to get him. Aside from Forte--the rest of your rb's are basically week to week question marks. I think I'd much rather start demaryious, aj green, forte, mason, ty as a flex, with a pedestrian teover

demaryious, ty hilton, forte, gray, Mckinnon at flex, with gronk at te

Just my 2 cents--but I could very well be wrong. Good luck.

I'm not sure I would do this if I were you. I think Gronk is great--and he is a TE1--but you are giving up an elite WR1 and throwing in a very solid RB2 to get him. Aside from Forte--the rest of your rb's are basically week to week question marks. I think I'd much rather start demaryious, aj green, forte, mason, ty as a flex, with a pedestrian teover

demaryious, ty hilton, forte, gray, Mckinnon at flex, with gronk at te

Just my 2 cents--but I could very well be wrong. Good luck.
You could be right and I've been chewing my nails all day about it. Thanks, you make a good argument.

Auction Redraft: Traded Marshall, Martavis, and Rudolph for Dez and Ivory. I'm a bit of a SOS slave, but had the depth to make the move. I also have Romo, so pretty risky, but I think big things are coming down the stretch as they ease up on Murray heading into real playoffs.

Now starting Jordy, Sanders, and Dez for the stretch run, with Julio and Benjamin at flex. Unfortunately, I have only flex-worthy RBs for my two starting RB slots, but couldn't work out any deals to get any significant RB upgrades.

In an IDP dynasty league, I traded Keenan Allen and Dion Jordan for Michael Floyd and Frank Gore. Was really bad off at RB and absolutely stacked at WR.

In my dynasty IDP league:

Traded CJ Spiller for Micah Hyde and Cody Latimer

Traded CJ Anderson and Cody Latimer for Chris Borland

Worked out well for me last week, hopefully just as well into the future.

I wish I played in leagues where you could make trades.

I offered one guy his choice of Lamar Miller, Joique Bell, or Jeremy Hill 3 weeks ago in exchange for Stafford (his back-up QB.) He had Maurice Jones-Drew and James Starks platooning as his RB2. Laughed at me, no counter-offer.

Offered another guy Cam Newton, Eric Decker, and Vincent Jackson for Colin Kaepernick (his backup QB) and he countered asking for Newton and Jordy Nelson for Kaepernick and WR cannon fodder.

Offered another guy who was starting Ben Tate and LeGarrette Blount at RB and had no WR depth a deal where I send Denard Robinson, Rashad Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Andrew Hawkins for Calvin Johnson. Countered saying they wanted Forte in place of Jennings.

As such, I have made no trades at all. Oh, I should also mention that in the two leagues where these scenarios played out, my teams are 9-2 and 1st in points in both, while all 3 of the teams mentioned are 5-6 or 4-7 and on the cusp of playoff elimination.

Late last week I obtained Dwayne Allen in a couple of leagues and then bam!! an injury. Thankfully it doesn't appear serious.

Dynasty 12 Tm PPR: 1/1/1.25

Gave: Bryce Brown, 2nd (top 3), R. Turbin

Got: R. Jennings, J. Edelman.

Q - Rodgers

R - Jennings/Sproles

W - Calvin

W - Julio

T - Gronk

F - Cobb

F - Edelman

I was starting Tavon/Royal at the 2nd flex spot.

Anyone got any idea what julio trade value is? I have dez, julio, and odb with gordon coming back I can only start 2 and 1 at flex. I just don't think atlanta o line is ever gonna give enough time for julio to really get deep. I sent off a trade of julio and Fred Jackson for lacy got rejected. I just don't wanna sell to low lol but I don't want one of those guys riding my bench lol

Ppr. Other rbs are murray and jennings.

In a 2 QB dynasty league, I traded Bridgewater for Sanchez so I can stream Wilson/Sanchez as my QB2 during my playoff run. In a standard 12 team, PPR league I traded Wilson and Frank Gore for Aaron Rodgers (the Rodgers owners also has Rivers and was desperate for a RB)

14 team non-PPR

Rodgers

Murray

Bell

Sanders

Jeffrey

Fjax/Floyd/TRich in flex

Gronkowski

Don't need to trade for anyone!!

Keep 12 PPR dynasty

Saturday before our deadline and when ADP was rumored to be back this year moved OBJ,Moncrief,ADP,2015 3rd for L.Bell,Maclin, 2015 2nd.

Gives me Luck, Bell,A.Morris or Matthews with Dez,Maclin,Tate as primary starters. Had been rotating TRich/Ivory along side Morris.

I offered one guy his choice of Lamar Miller, Joique Bell, or Jeremy Hill 3 weeks ago in exchange for Stafford (his back-up QB.) He had Maurice Jones-Drew and James Starks platooning as his RB2. Laughed at me, no counter-offer.

Offered another guy Cam Newton, Eric Decker, and Vincent Jackson for Colin Kaepernick (his backup QB) and he countered asking for Newton and Jordy Nelson for Kaepernick and WR cannon fodder.

Offered another guy who was starting Ben Tate and LeGarrette Blount at RB and had no WR depth a deal where I send Denard Robinson, Rashad Jennings, Mike Wallace, and Andrew Hawkins for Calvin Johnson. Countered saying they wanted Forte in place of Jennings.

As such, I have made no trades at all. Oh, I should also mention that in the two leagues where these scenarios played out, my teams are 9-2 and 1st in points in both, while all 3 of the teams mentioned are 5-6 or 4-7 and on the cusp of playoff elimination.
I have Stafford as my qb1 and I would trade him for what you offered and roll with Mallet and Bortles.

I have Stafford as my qb1 and I would trade him for what you offered and roll with Mallet and Bortles.
ROS alone - Chicago, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Chicago - I'd say Stafford is a safe bet to finish off the season strong.

Traded 3rd rounder next year for Luck
I'd love to hear the particulars around this deal. Personally, I think a 3rd rounder has marginal value while Luck is a top dynasty QB. Deals like this make little sense outside the context of keeper/contract rules. I think the team getting Luck paid pennies on the dollar and is a good argument against trading draft picks or an early trade deadline.

I put a lot of emphasis on the competitive balance of THIS season - in which every owner in my league has a vested interest.

He has either Rivers or Cutler, I forget which, and isn't playing Stafford. He had a chance to have a legit RB2 instead of a guy putting up zeroes and instead told me my "offer was as attractive as [overweight commish] in a thong." I was stupified. I at least understood the hesitancy to trade Calvin coming back from injury, but that deal would have injected about 15 extra points per week into that team's lineup - instead they held out and have lost 2 straight (including a 70 point loss to me this past week) to all but be eliminated from playoff contention.

People seem to VASTLY overvalue their own players.

In a dynasty league:

Gave: Jeremy Hill, Tre Mason, 1st, 3rd

Got: Demarco Murray

Now I just have to pray he doesn't get hurt and that he stays with the Cowboys next year. Or trade him away during the fantasy playoffs if I don't make the championship.

Evilgrin 72 said:
msudaisy26 said:

He has either Rivers or Cutler, I forget which, and isn't playing Stafford. He had a chance to have a legit RB2 instead of a guy putting up zeroes and instead told me my "offer was as attractive as [overweight commish] in a thong." I was stupified. I at least understood the hesitancy to trade Calvin coming back from injury, but that deal would have injected about 15 extra points per week into that team's lineup - instead they held out and have lost 2 straight (including a 70 point loss to me this past week) to all but be eliminated from playoff contention.

People also overvalue depth. Trying to get something without really offering anything up. These guys either do not play the waiver wire at all or you are in a huge league. At this stage, none of these teams are going anywhere. Team 1 should just bank on Stafford lighting up the last 4 teams he plays, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, @Chicago; Team 2 would legitimately receive 3 players who shouldn't be started on a serious playoff contender; and Team 3 looks like he needs Megatron to score 25+ in the last 5 weeks each.

Might cost me a championship, but traded Cobb for McCoy and Lafell in redraft. I know McCoy has sucked, but he's getting touches and OL is getting healthy. Needed another RB and figured Lafell wouldn't cost me a ton of points vs Cobb the rest of the way.

We shall see............

Evilgrin 72 said:
msudaisy26 said:

People also overvalue depth. Trying to get something without really offering anything up. These guys either do not play the waiver wire at all or you are in a huge league. At this stage, none of these teams are going anywhere. Team 1 should just bank on Stafford lighting up the last 4 teams he plays, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, @Chicago; Team 2 would legitimately receive 3 players who shouldn't be started on a serious playoff contender; and Team 3 looks like he needs Megatron to score 25+ in the last 5 weeks each.
Team 1 hasn't started Stafford since turning down the offer. He started Cutler the last 3 weeks along with James Starks at RB2. He could have been starting Cutler and Jeremy Hill or Joique Bell. He's now out of playoff contention. Team 2 would have upgraded his WR3 and WR4 spots while only suffering a modest downgrade at QB2. That one, I can see either way. Team 3, ironically, had both its starting RBs cut yesterday and now has literally no one to start at RB. He's going to have to pick up 2 players from the wire just to field a full lineup. He'll be playing Calvin Johnson, Brian Hartline, and Cordarelle Patterson at WR this week. Which lineup would you rather trot out in an absolute must-win game?

RB - MoJo Drew, Andre Williams WR - Calvin, Hartline, Patterson

RB - Denard Robinson, Rashad Jennings WR - Wallace, Patterson, Hawkins

My bet is that lineup 2 scores at least 20 points more than lineup 1 in aggregate. :shrug:

Anyone got any idea what julio trade value is? I have dez, julio, and odb with gordon coming back I can only start 2 and 1 at flex. I just don't think atlanta o line is ever gonna give enough time for julio to really get deep. I sent off a trade of julio and Fred Jackson for lacy got rejected. I just don't wanna sell to low lol but I don't want one of those guys riding my bench lol

Ppr. Other rbs are murray and jennings.
Traded Julio straight up for TY Hilton. I couldn't be happier!

Some people won't trade unless they're ripping you off. So lame. Takes the fun out of it. I hate those leagues.

I tried to trade cam and a 1st to an owner for Peyton. Dynasty Superflwx. He scoffed said he doesn't like can and he isn't giving manning away. His team sucks. Second to last place in the league despite starting manning and Brady every weak. #### him

edit: the more I think about it, the more I want to send off Jonas Gray and keep Mason. Hopefully he bites.
Well I was able to work a deal with a 2nd owner for Julius Thomas giving up AJ Green and Jonas Gray but keeping Mason. However, before he accepted that deal, I was able to talk a 3rd owner into giving me Greg Olsen for Jonas Gray straight up. Gray played at ND and this owner's name is the Fighting Irish if that tells you anything. So I was able to upgrade my TE position without dropping any of my studs. Bring on the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread