What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another morning of not being able to believe what complete unwashed ###holes we have as candidates for President, or how clearly preferable one of the unwashed ###holes is to the other.

Colorado is a pretty key state.  Trump can win without Colorado but it would be an important state for him to target - its a very narrow range without colorado 

I think Pennsylvania is out of reach, Virginia and Wisconsin would be a stretch.  If Trump can carry some momentum from Ohio over to Michigan, maybe he can pull the upset in Michigan, and I think Colorado is still a state Trump would like to get.

Bottom line, Hillary is stumbling to the finish, but she should still be able to finish by a head...
He can get there through NH, which has always been a battleground state and is reasonable close right now.  In fact a NH win puts a 269-269 tie on the table, which would be just amazingly awesome.  A tie wins it for Trump, but it would still be incredible to see the Senate to have to convene over this.

I agree except with Michigan. It could happen, but I would be more surprised if it went red than if Colorado did. 
Yeah, I think if Trump really wanted to win Michigan, he needed to spend a lot more time there, and really harp on trade issues - that is how Bernie pulled the upset.

So because the FBI made a ridiculous statement to congress, that excuses all the things Trump has done?

Ok, I guess I'm a sheep and will play along too.

I have forgotten that he sexually assaults and rapes women and am more terrified of someone deleting my emails. SAVE ME BABY JESUS FROM THE EMAILS! My daughter is much safer in a world where the most powerful man endorses sexual abuse. I'm pretty sure my daughter deletes emails and survived without any harm in her life.

In a world where people pretend they care about national security with deleted emails, they ignore the obvious connections between Trump and Russia and a country hacking the opponent on his behalf is the move plot of and maybe a different version of Idiocracy.

Livin the life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who bamboozled you into thinking I'm part of the alt-right?  I financially supported and voted for Bernie in the primary.  I don't hate Hillary but I definitely don't like her and by no means will I ever vote for her.  I think there is plenty of evidence out there that can lead an independent thinker into severely questioning the relationship between The Clinton Foundation, CGI, Teneo and The Clintons themselves.

I've gone out of my way to not personally attack posters in this thread for having a different opinion than me (I haven't always been successful) so not sure why you have made false assumptions about me and my views and then turned that into insults.  
I'm not talking about anyone in particular, and those who continually attack and parrot the breitbarts of the world are pretty clear.

As you put it, very well stated I may add, you are correct - there are serious questions about everything you listed.  That is not the same as saying she's a criminal, lock her up, and making up / exaggerating what legitimate concerns may exist. 

Apologies if it appeared that I meant you were of the alt-right, and your clarification in this post makes it clear that you're perspective appears legitimate and balanced.  That said, I know some former Berners who absolutely have themselves bought into the alt-right bull####... but that's another story all together. 

Stop it. This tact is simply grotesque.  It says a lot about those who make and support comments like this. Disgusting, Anti-American, utterly unpatriotic and anti-democracy.

Showing true colors, and those colors are of a terribly weak and faulted human being to keep going back to the "oh, she gonna get killed... better watch for Hillary's henchmen" Even by the utterly low standards of Trump's campaign, this (should be) below you and such outrageous and sad comments must be met with derision by anyone who believes in our institutions, our nation and our founding principles.
:goodposting:

Colorado is a pretty key state.  Trump can win without Colorado but it would be an important state for him to target - its a very narrow range without colorado 

I think Pennsylvania is out of reach, Virginia and Wisconsin would be a stretch.  If Trump can carry some momentum from Ohio over to Michigan, maybe he can pull the upset in Michigan, and I think Colorado is still a state Trump would like to get.

Bottom line, Hillary is stumbling to the finish, but she should still be able to finish by a head...
If Trump wins Colorado, he wins the election. Another close state that would give him enough EV is New Hampshire. 

PEC's updated EV projection has Hillary strongly in the 300-330 range, FWIW.

http://election.princeton.edu/history-of-meta-analysis/
There hasn't been much in the way of good Clinton news lately, but by far the most encouraging is the 538 report yesterday afternoon of her significantly outperforming the polls in Nevada in early voting, which apparently comprises half the voting in that state. If she wins Nevada that creates serious problems for Trump getting to 270. 

Also if she's outperforming polls there (which assume low Hispanic turnout based on historical voting patterns) that raises the possibility of higher than expected turnout of Hispanics elsewhere, too. If she upsets Trump in Arizona she's insulated against losing all of the tossup states plus Wisconsin or Michigan.

If Trump wins Colorado, he wins the election. Another close state that would give him enough EV is New Hampshire. 
Hillary's back to looking at this. She will do it but we are back to roughly ~300 EV projections, not the swamping the GOP which would have allowed her to claim a 'mandate'.

Going in at stalemate is not great for her IMO. Also, the Dems winning the Senate is almost as important. GOP Senate and House with a slight majority win for the WH is not great. Optimal for Hillary is 325+ Evs and win the Senate.

Stop it. This tact is simply grotesque.  It says a lot about those who make and support comments like this. Disgusting, Anti-American, utterly unpatriotic and anti-democracy.

Showing true colors, and those colors are of a terribly weak and faulted human being to keep going back to the "oh, she gonna get killed... better watch for Hillary's henchmen" Even by the utterly low standards of Trump's campaign, this (should be) below you and such outrageous and sad comments must be met with derision by anyone who believes in our institutions, our nation and our founding principles.
People do seem to end up dead no matter how you look at it 

Who bamboozled you into thinking I'm part of the alt-right?  I financially supported and voted for Bernie in the primary.  I don't hate Hillary but I definitely don't like her and by no means will I ever vote for her.  I think there is plenty of evidence out there that can lead an independent thinker into severely questioning the relationship between The Clinton Foundation, CGI, Teneo and The Clintons themselves.

I've gone out of my way to not personally attack posters in this thread for having a different opinion than me (I haven't always been successful) so not sure why you have made false assumptions about me and my views and then turned that into insults.  
Because that's what Koya does. Then he will throw a tantrum when you don't answer to his satisfaction. Then he will accuse you of lacking critical thinking skills. The same guy that has claims he's getting into local politics but talks to people this way and has an avatar of a guy shooting the bird. Oh the irony

There hasn't been much in the way of good Clinton news lately, but by far the most encouraging is the 538 report yesterday afternoon of her significantly outperforming the polls in Nevada in early voting, which apparently comprises half the voting in that state. If she wins Nevada that creates serious problems for Trump getting to 270. 

Also if she's outperforming polls there (which assume low Hispanic turnout based on historical voting patterns) that raises the possibility of higher than expected turnout of Hispanics elsewhere, too. If she upsets Trump in Arizona she's insulated against losing all of the tossup states plus Wisconsin or Michigan.
I still think people (ie polls) are undercounting the vast difference in GOTV. Hillary has a huge one, Trump has next to nothing. It will show up on election day IMO.

A tie would be my favorite outcome, and it's not all that outlandish.

Trump needs FL, OH, NH, NV, UT, AZ, NC, IA, GA as well as the other red states he is projected to win.  Hillary takes CO, NM, PA, MI, WI, MN, IL, and the blue states.

Result:  269 to 269.

Make congress put up or shut up.  Is the GOP willing to go against the will of their constituents and pick someone other than Trump?  Can the GOP and Dems work together to select a better candidate?  Will the Senate select Clinton as VP as a cruel joke?  Think of the drama...

Koya...Brother.

Time to step away from the keyboard and go outside for a deep breath of fresh air.
No, its actually not.  Calling a spade a spade is nothing more than calling it like it is, and honestly, I don't believe I've done anything but.

And the gaul for people to continue to go back to the "oh she should be locked up... she should be shot.... electrocuted... watch out for her henchmen" deserves at least the level of derision being shown. 

Plus, I have a conference call in 8 min with one of the lead economists/futurists from Bain so trying to get my adrenaline going. 

Trump needs FL, OH, NH, NV, UT, AZ, NC, IA, GA as well as the other red states he is projected to win.  Hillary takes CO, NM, PA, MI, WI, MN, IL, and the blue states.

Make congress put up or shut up.  Is the GOP willing to go against the will of their constituents and pick someone other than Trump?  Can the GOP and Dems work together to select a better candidate?  Will the Senate select Clinton as VP as a cruel joke?  Think of the drama...
Gee. Anarchy just sounds like fun on html, amiright?

Hillary's back to looking at this. She will do it but we are back to roughly ~300 EV projections, not the swamping the GOP which would have allowed her to claim a 'mandate'.

Going in at stalemate is not great for her IMO. Also, the Dems winning the Senate is almost as important. GOP Senate and House with a slight majority win for the WH is not great. Optimal for Hillary is 325+ Evs and win the Senate.
 At this point, I'll take it.  I'll take a 4 year stalemate (they can even keep the f^cking supreme court justice) if I could guarantee trump doesn't win. 

It really says something not only about Trump, but his base of support, that I have had to so vigorously defend a woman I absolutely can't stand.  The small minded, anachronistic hate and vitriol, the rabid desire to pass along stories with no basis, no true sources and an excitement about spreading the worst lies and inflammatory hyperbole does demonstrate a legitimate frustration with the system, but also clearly shows that those who employ such disingenuous tactics are also inexcusably copping out in terms of how their frustration is being vented.

Seriously, don't you Trumpers have enough cojones to actually address the real issues, the real concerns? What within you makes you feel it's ok to spread not only lies and bull####, but to do so in a way that highlights our divisions rather than looking to find any set of common ground? Why is it that the entire vocal right is an attack dog rather than a fellow-citizen, and why are they so weak of heart and with lack of actual substance to continue to resort to these base measures?

The lasting impression of this election for me will be of a truly saddened state for our nation.  We are no longer one nation, and that reality is not only being pushed by the right, it's being exploited for their (and if you are a Trumper, your) own gain, literally at the expense of our nation as a whole. I'd ask do you feel no shame, but it's pretty clear when you see footage of your mindset in action at Trump rallies, in the tone of your posts here or facebook... it's clear that many of you really don't feel any shame.  Not if it forwards your particular candidate, your particular world view - and sometimes it feels that if as a result of this certain segments of our population suffer as a result (those segments not aligned with your politics), that is a bonus. As if it's a plus not only for you to forward your political agenda, but to actually harm folks who don't agree. 

Never felt this with Romney, nor Bush (he was a clueless danger, but of good heart imo)... no one.  Trump has energized and brought out the worst in you all, and it's sad to see although I suppose it's forcing us as a nation to reconcile the long march of equality and freedom with the fear of a still relatively small component of our population that wants to stop it, if only to ensure that their piece of the pie remains intact, even at and perhaps especially at, the expense of others.
I could read this a thousand times and still start at the beginning to read it one time over again.

Very well articulated, and I share your frustration, anger, and sadness.

Hillary would kill any of her electors that went off the reservation.  I don't think you have to worry about that.
I was actually looking at it from the other side. There was a widely publicized article over the summer about a GOP elector from Georgia who pretty much said he wouldn't vote Trump. I suspect there may be more.

I don't think he can get Colorado. When he comes here he goes to places on the western slope or some places where there are not many voters to be had. He did go to Golden once. But he probably can't swing the Denver metro counties and no way he swings Boulder county which he would have to do.

At this point, I'll take it.  I'll take a 4 year stalemate (they can even keep the f^cking supreme court justice) if I could guarantee trump doesn't win. 
Yup. Every election cycle now makes the voices of the far right crazies less and less powerful. I'm OK with playing prevent defense to get to the point where they are reduced to nothing more than white noise (heh heh).

The better outcome here is McMullin taking Utah in this scenario.

269-265-4  But it still gets tossed to the House, and they get to vote on the top-3 - so that throws McMullin into the mix as a "compromise" candidate....

I'm not talking about anyone in particular, and those who continually attack and parrot the breitbarts of the world are pretty clear.

As you put it, very well stated I may add, you are correct - there are serious questions about everything you listed.  That is not the same as saying she's a criminal, lock her up, and making up / exaggerating what legitimate concerns may exist. 
And....as Hillary herself said a couple weeks ago, "there's smoke but no fire"

No, its actually not.  Calling a spade a spade is nothing more than calling it like it is, and honestly, I don't believe I've done anything but.

And the gaul for people to continue to go back to the "oh she should be locked up... she should be shot.... electrocuted... watch out for her henchmen" deserves at least the level of derision being shown. 

Plus, I have a conference call in 8 min with one of the lead economists/futurists from Bain so trying to get my adrenaline going. 
Okay. Then this won't matter.

It's "gall" not "gaul".

Gall is impudent behavior.

Gaul was invaded by Hannibal.

:clyde:

I'm really, really, really torn on what do root for here.  On the one hand, the ABSOLUTE AMAZING HUMOR that would come with having a "no one gets to 270" election, compared to the possibility for utter chaos and instability in my country that would result, along with the possibility of a potential demagogue as leader. 

Knowing this, at this point, I still kinda sorta want to see a tie.  I'm a bad person. 

It's certainly possible, but if Trump wins New Hampshire I suspect he might also take that one rural district in Maine, giving him 270.

Next week will be like smelling salts for a lot of enlightened people , Believe me , smelling salts
Next week, if Trump wins, I'll personally be in a decidedly better (relative) position as compared to most in this country.  Granted, I do believe there's a good chance we burn down the new extension of the house and are left dealing with a ton of water damage, hurting everyone - but if somehow that doesn't occur I'll be nicely set up.

Now, my friends with more traditional careers at this point (you know, real jobs, 401ks that are growing and stuff), those who are gay, minority or any of the other groups Trump's policies would directly threaten, they I could see actually dealing with a lot more grief early on. Financially and otherwise.  That is why my level of concern and passion is running so high at this point. If it were just me, hell, if Trump just was not so full of vengeance and hate (even with his line of fraudulent activity), I could enjoy the new tax breaks especially as I'm in real estate (and looking to do some large stuff on my own).  

But sadly, I can't enjoy potential economic upside when (1) theres so much chance at economic downside for everyone and (2) regardless of economics, Trump's world will certainly do harm to many people I care about.

Because she shouldn't be held accountable or to show ethics....you know, the Russians and all that.

oh look, a squirrel.....

I'm seriously asking...is she under 2 federal investigations or just one? Her emails which were reopened, of course, but what about the Clinton Foundation investigation? I never got a full understanding of what's happening with that. 

Yeah there would be some deal making. I still think most people will vote for a push to 2020. Who knows. Predictions are all over the map. I could see people thinking they're not handing the Jaguar keys to the valet who smells like vodka and pot. but also splitting the baby and reverting to GOP downticket to keep Hillary in check. Can't even tell anymore. But I do think it will be decided in Hillary's favor pretty early on Tue night.

Next week, if Trump wins, I'll personally be in a decidedly better (relative) position as compared to most in this country.  Granted, I do believe there's a good chance we burn down the new extension of the house and are left dealing with a ton of water damage, hurting everyone - but if somehow that doesn't occur I'll be nicely set up.

Now, my friends with more traditional careers at this point (you know, real jobs, 401ks that are growing and stuff), those who are gay, minority or any of the other groups Trump's policies would directly threaten, they I could see actually dealing with a lot more grief early on. Financially and otherwise.  That is why my level of concern and passion is running so high at this point. If it were just me, hell, if Trump just was not so full of vengeance and hate (even with his line of fraudulent activity), I could enjoy the new tax breaks especially as I'm in real estate (and looking to do some large stuff on my own).  

But sadly, I can't enjoy potential economic upside when (1) theres so much chance at economic downside for everyone and (2) regardless of economics, Trump's world will certainly do harm to many people I care about.
?

Next week will be like smelling salts for a lot of enlightened people , Believe me , smelling salts
From the guy who predicted every day for six months up until and including the morning of the 2012 election that Romney would win.

I'm laughing here thinking of all the people who may just walk into the ballot booth and just say :censored: -it and then the look on Gary Johnson's face when they tell him he's president.
Nobody is paying much attention but over the last couple of days Johnson & Weld sound more like two mean opposing each other than running on the same ticket

I'm seriously asking...is she under 2 federal investigations or just one? Her emails which were reopened, of course, but what about the Clinton Foundation investigation? I never got a full understanding of what's happening with that. 
The email investigation is still underway and there is an investigation into the Foundation.

Trump also has at least 2 investigations surrounding him: Russian coordination & wikileaks/Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread