What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrodicus:

As much as some keep pointing to the polls and touting their historical accuracy, the fact of the matter is that is simply not the case. It does not take an "unprecedented" miss in the polls. There have been numerous +7 point swings in the past century including a 10 point swing with Truman/Dewey.
Dewey, really? National polling was in its infancy back then. One of the pollsters stopped doing polls three weeks before the election. Other pollsters didn't bother to get an accurate cross section of respondents, and respondents weren't always selected at random (for example, pollsters could pick and choose who they wanted to interview, in order to meet quotas for every ethnic group).

Reagan made a 10 point jump 1980, but that was because Reagan and Carter had their only debate a week before the election. People made up their minds after that debate. (And that's why we no longer have debates the week before an election, by the way.)

The 2016 presidential election has been the most polled election in history. Comparing it to 1948 is nothing short of willful ignorance, IMO.

Perhaps they do.  Explain why I am a leftist then in your mind?

My desire for less gov't, especially in terms of intruding into our private lives?

My pro-gun rights stance, so long as there is a demonstration that your right to own a gun won't risk the lives of others (simple ways to provide that level of accountability)

A desire to rip apart the tax code... perhaps not oversimplified as a flat tax, but much more in that direction and geared to provide a fair means by which we collectively invest in our nation (meaning, not feeding ineficient gov't programs and hand outs that go to key interests)

Or the fact that I didn't vote Dem last time and have been in strong alignment with the Libertarian party the last two elections.

Maybe it's the fact that my first political contribution was to R. Paul - Senior.  Before I realized he was also an utter cook, but even so.

I await your response. 
Generally speaking, leftists have a fundamental misunderstanding of the conservative mind. Based on the above, you are obviously not a leftist but a middle of the road libertarian. My sincerest apologies.  

Says the crowd who's command of the english language apparently stops at :lmao:

:shrug:

Even if you can't stand my posts or perspective, I try to lay out cogent reasons and rationale.  You all just smiley face.  Like I said before, is the reason you won't actually put anything of substance forth because you don't have anything, you are unable to put your thoughts into written text, are too lazy to do so, or just too afraid?

Seriously, which is it? Plenty of folks have disagreed with me on these boards.  They have my respect for doing so. You all are literally earning a lack of respect for anything you say, by the sheer denial of actually participating in a discussion.  So again, dont have anything, can't do it, too lazy... or just too afraid?

I'll assume a couple emoticon responses that essentially tell me it's likely at least some, if not all the above.  Or ya know, you could actually stand up for yourself and your beliefs and not look like a clueless fool.  That choice is yours.  And for those who feel I look the fool, so be it - I've put myself out there.  Unlike the cowards who hide behind smilies and nothing of substance.
I think Koya and Tim are Kvetching 

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just glad my critical thinking isn't like yours. 
Hi BeaverCleaver.  I found this line funny.  I would have posted a smilie to convey the same message but Koya suggested that I should not be afraid and express myself in written text.  Just to be clear so you you take me as a clueless fool and so that I have your respect, the line you typed above made me laugh.

Jrodicus:

Dewey, really? National polling was in its infancy back then. One of the pollsters stopped doing polls three weeks before the election. Other pollsters didn't bother to get an accurate cross section of respondents, and respondents weren't always selected at random (for example, pollsters could pick and choose who they wanted to interview, in order to meet quotas for every ethnic group).

Reagan made a 10 point jump 1980, but that was because Reagan and Carter had their only debate a week before the election. People made up their minds after that debate. (And that's why we no longer have debates the week before an election, by the way.)

The 2016 presidential election has been the most polled election in history. Comparing it to 1948 is nothing short of willful ignorance, IMO.
2016 Michigan Democratic Primary Polls

Last 4:

Clinton +27

Clinton +37

Clinton +24

Clinton +13

All within two days of the actual vote where Clinton lost by 1.5

Polls, even in 2016, are not infallible...

If that stuff gets released we will be in a World war likely.  It will show how much the US government is involved in all the world's conflicts
I keep on reading on here though, it will be Trump starting a world war....which is it?

Koya, can you shed some light on this?

Hi BeaverCleaver.  I found this line funny.  I would have posted a smilie to convey the same message but Koya suggested that I should not be afraid and express myself in written text.  Just to be clear so you you take me as a clueless fool and so that I have your respect, the line you typed above made me laugh.
I like your critical thinking!

RIF - he is saying the BREXIT referendum was devoid of facts and issues - (and focused mostly on fear mongering)  In other words, he suggested this election was similar to Brexit in that regard...
Yeah, ummm, about that ... :bag:

I see where he was going now.  I deleted my comment and I am taking an F in reading comprehension for the day.
I would have said something but you were on a roll.  Regardless, you're point applies either way.

To be fair, they also occasionally use :rolleyes:  and IRONIC.
To be fair many of them have been right for a long time while many of you foisted that #### sandwich Hillary off on the country. Congrats. Looks like she may still squeak by but if she doesn't it's the ridiculous fanboy and girls of this incredibly flawed, incredibly corrupted candidate who put Trump in the White House. Not Bernie or Bust. Not Johnson. Not that Stein. You and those like you. While they tore down an honorable candidate with silly slanders. A candidate who would be lapping this ### hat.

Oh and there is new a Wikileaks email showing Doug Band lay out the pay for play that is the CGI and the Clintons in general. I mean right down to the money and how it benefited especially Bills wallet. And the best part is him reminding them just who they work for and how they better muzzle Chelsea before they are in a world of trouble. Thanks again.

And if you really want to be scared about polls, I give you the 2015 Governor's race here in Kentucky.  Democrat Jack Conway was comfortably ahead of Republican Matt Bevin  going into the election.

Bevin, for those that don't know, is essentially Trump, minus the Reality TV show background.  He is the one who recently suggested taking up arms if the election does not go the way he wants...

Bevin won the election by 9 points.

It feels like déjà vu all over again: The polls in a major election were off by a wide margin. The surveys leading up to Tuesday’s gubernatorial election in Kentucky pointed to a close fight between Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Matt Bevin, with Conway holding a slight edge in all but one poll. Instead, Bevin won 53 percent to 44 percent.

To be fair many of them have been right for a long time while many of you foisted that #### sandwich Hillary off on the country. Congrats. Looks like she may still squeak by but if she doesn't it's the ridiculous fanboy and girls of this incredibly flawed, incredibly corrupted candidate who put Trump in the White House. Not Bernie or Bust. Not Johnson. Not that Stein. You and those like you. While they tore down an honorable candidate with silly slanders. A candidate who would be lapping this ### hat.

Oh and there is new a Wikileaks email showing Doug Band lay out the pay for play that is the CGI and the Clintons in general. I mean right down to the money and how it benefited especially Bills wallet. And the best part is him reminding them just who they work for and how they better muzzle Chelsea before they are in a world of trouble. Thanks again.
You are welcome! :pickle:

If that stuff gets released we will be in a World war likely.  It will show how much the US government is involved in all the world's conflicts
You mean we might..... just might have.... armed the Syrian rebels? 

Gee... it's like everyone knew it was obvious, but just didn't want to say it out loud.

BUT HILLARY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!

And if you really want to be scared about polls, I give you the 2015 Governor's race here in Kentucky.  Democrat Jack Conway was comfortably ahead of Republican Matt Bevin  going into the election.

Bevin, for those that don't know, is essentially Trump, minus the Reality TV show background.  He is the one who recently suggested taking up arms if the election does not go the way he wants...

Bevin won the election by 9 points.

It feels like déjà vu all over again: The polls in a major election were off by a wide margin. The surveys leading up to Tuesday’s gubernatorial election in Kentucky pointed to a close fight between Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Matt Bevin, with Conway holding a slight edge in all but one poll. Instead, Bevin won 53 percent to 44 percent.
I'll post it again. Democrat was a 94% favorite and lost. 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/governor-maryland-surprise-brown-hogan/

If people were honest in their posts here, that is not at all what I was saying.  But go ahead and keep reinforcing two items

1. Your collective lack of critical thinking (the point was Holocausts happen, they have through human history, the will again. It's tremendously unlikely to happen here, but Trump talks that talk and has walked the walk so far... try even the slightest bit of nuance other than disingenuine tactics

2. The whole approach on this sickens me in regard to what I just posted about not caring about others... there appears to be an utter lack of any sympathy, not to even try empathy, for the position of others by your camp. Good for you on that. 
:lmao:  

In a word, yes.
See this is what i am talking about. So wrapped up in team they still can't see what they've done. They still can't admit that they pushed through a horrible candidate who is deeply corrupt. Despite all the evidence. No evidence will sway them. Why I bet she could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still get their vote. No different than the Trump loons.

And they will still blame everyone else if she face plants

It's hilarious that the right loves wikileaks now.  Next hero of the right: Edward Snowden. If Trump wins all Snowden has to do is compliment him in tweet and he's pardoned.

See this is what i am talking about. So wrapped up in team they still can't see what they've done. They still can't admit that they pushed through a horrible candidate who is deeply corrupt. Despite all the evidence. No evidence will sway them. Why I bet she could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still get their vote. No different than the Trump loons.

And they will still blame everyone else if she face plants
Morons v. Loons for all the marbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread