What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the polls, but I do think that a good portion of Trump voters are really proud to vote for Trump as a candidate, not just as a deterer against a Clinton Presidency......while Clinton voters are primarily voting against Trump. To that, I think enthusiasm would be on his side. 
Agreed. Just had a conversation about this today. I think most people are voting against someone this election cycle but Trump seems to have more people excited on his side. 

So far the firewall numbers are holding...for now. 

This is like the siege of Helm's Deep- we can't let the Orcs overwhelm us. 

Mr. James Comey

FBI Director

November 2, 2016

I am the 15-year-old (now 16) who was the victim of Anthony Weiner. I now add you to the list of people who have victimized me. I told my story originally to protect other young girls that might be a victim of online predators.

Your letter to Congress has now brought this whole matter back into the media spotlight. Not even 10 minutes after being forensically interviewed with the FBI for seven hours, I received a phone call from a REPORTER asking for a statement. Why didn’t you communicate with the local FBI agents that I had just spoken to? They could have scheduled our interview sooner or scheduled a time to interview me later, or change locations of the interview. My neighborhood has been canvassed by reporters asking for details about me.

In your letter, you chose to use a vague approach, meaning the media had to keep searching to try and find out what evidence you had uncovered and how. Every media outlet from local to national has contacted me and my family to get my “story.” Why couldn’t your letter have waited until after the election, so I would not have to be the center of attention the last week of the election cycle?

In his “cooperation” with you and with his love of the spotlight, Anthony Weiner has given information that led to the media finding me. You have assisted him in further victimizing me on every news outlet. I can only assume that you saw an opportunity for political propaganda.

I thought your job as FBI Director was to protect me. I thought if I cooperated with your investigation, my identity as a minor would be kept secret. That is no longer the case. My family and I are barraged by reporters’ phone calls and emails. I have been even been blamed in a newspaper for causing Donald Trump to now be leading in some polls and costing Hillary the election.

Anthony Weiner is the abuser. Your letter helped that abuse to continue. How can I rebuild my life when you have made finding out my “story” the goal of every reporter? When I meet with my therapist next time, she will already know what we are going to talk about before I get there by reading Friday, October 28th, 2016’s New York Times article.

I may have been Weiner’s victim, but the real story here is that I am a survivor. I am strong, intelligent, and certain that I will come out from under this nightmare, but it will not be as a result of your doing your job to protect me. I hope that by making my letter to you public, you will think about how your actions affect the victims of the crimes you are investigating. The election is important, yes, but what happened to me and how it makes me feel and how others see me, is much more important. It’s time that the FBI Director puts his victims’ rights above political views.

— Girl that lost her faith in America

P.S. To all reporters: AP, FOX, CBS, NBC, and all other media outlets, please respect my position and stop interrupting my life!

I don't know about the polls, but I do think that a good portion of Trump voters are really proud to vote for Trump as a candidate, not just as a deterer against a Clinton Presidency......while Clinton voters are primarily voting against Trump. To that, I think enthusiasm would be on his side. 
Guessing maybe you don't have a lot of middle-aged white urban/suburban women with young daughters in your facebook feed?  Mine is absolutely swarming with proud Clinton support declarations, selfies with the little ones at the early voting sites for the "historic event," etc.

FTR - I think until recently, Dodds is generally correct in that Trump support is probably under-represented in polls.  Trump is exactly the type of candidate you don't want to publicly admit you are supporting - so its easier to say 3rd party, or even Clinton when asked, and then pull the lever for Trump.

As Clinton continues to make news - that may be shifting.
I lied repeatedly to pollsters.   Just saying.  And I told them I was supporting Trump.   

Eta: that was during the primary season.   Haven't spoken to a pollster since.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Just had a conversation about this today. I think most people are voting against someone this election cycle but Trump seems to have more people excited on his side. 
Trump's entire campaign has been against somebody else.  If you are voting for Trump you are voting against Latinos, against Muslims, against immigrants. There is no positive energy coming from Trump or his supporters. 

Guessing maybe you don't have a lot of middle-aged white urban/suburban women with young daughters in your facebook feed?  Mine is absolutely swarming with proud Clinton support declarations, selfies with the little ones at the early voting sites for the "historic event," etc.
:unsure:

Regardless of what happens here the real issue is next time. The far right in this country is taking it's cues from the far right in Europe. Wait until Ivanka puts a kinder gentler face on this crap. Like Marie LePen in France. Who kicked her dad out of the party he previously ran when he wouldn't stop publicly speaking about their hatred for foreigners. Not because they don't hate them but because it doesn't look good to say it out loud. That's where these guys are headed.

DE doesn't have early voting.  I have an across the spectrum Facebook friend list and haven't really seen women talking up the idea of the First woman POTUS.   Maybe on Election Day......

Latest wikileaks shows Podesta's buddy who is running the Hillary investigation has been secretly sending Podesta heads up on investigations over the last couple of years.

Not sure which part is funny. That's all pretty much true. Many of his supporters have admitted as much many times. They want white America back pre-gay please.
And what's especially disturbing about this is that if Trump does manage to win, it's going to be with an almost all white vote. The vast majorities of minorities will be on the losing side. It will represent a complete repudiation of modern day multicultural politics, a stubborn retreat by those whites who refuse to accept the reality of a changing racial landscape. It will be the equivalent of the South African election of 1948. 

What the hell are you talking about? 
Trump supporters on video saying they are supporting him because they want the 1950s back. Saying they don't like equal rights for gays. That we have to build a wall. That we have to go after Muslims and on and on. Jew SA anyone? Oh right that was in support of Latinos except he can't explain his rant about Jews owning everything after he chanted that. How about the Naziesque anti-press chants at Trump rallies? Do you really need me to go on?

Trump supporters on video saying they are supporting him because they want the 1950s back. Saying they don't like equal rights for gays. That we have to build a wall. That we have to go after Muslims and on and on. Jew SA anyone? Oh right that was in support of Latinos except he can't explain his rant about Jews owning everything after he chanted that. How about the Naziesque anti-press chants at Trump rallies? Do you really need me to go on?
:lmao:

Yes, go on. Tell me more about the cross burning victory party that the deplorables have planned.

And what's especially disturbing about this is that if Trump does manage to win, it's going to be with an almost all white vote. The vast majorities of minorities will be on the losing side. It will represent a complete repudiation of modern day multicultural politics, a stubborn retreat by those whites who refuse to accept the reality of a changing racial landscape. It will be the equivalent of the South African election of 1948. 
:lmao:

I mean David Duke endorses Trump, various White Nationalists endorse Trump, Neo-Nazi groups plan to poll watch for him. But yeah I am just making crap up about the hate he has generated so let's all laugh and pretend.

He was just endorsed by a newspaper that specifically caters to the KKK. So that may well be on the schedule somewhere.
That his campaign immediately came out and branded as "disgusting".

You act like he's presiding over Bürgerbräukeller meetings and Nuremburg Rallies. 

Seemed more like a statement of facts not in dispute given so many of his backers open embrace of these things.
####.  And people wonder how Trump could garner so much support.  Trump is totally unqualified, but Hillary represents everything people despise about our government.

I think this is a much harder choice than a lot of liberals make it out to be.  You can be sane and vote for Trump.  At some point frustration simply hits full tilt.

I mean David Duke endorses Trump, various White Nationalists endorse Trump, Neo-Nazi groups plan to poll watch for him. But yeah I am just making crap up about the hate he has generated so let's all laugh and pretend.
I typically like to vote for Presidential candidates that the hate groups don't support

Obviously, the black church burning isn't getting much news coverage, since a conferedate flag waiving lunatic with a Trump sign in his yard murdered two police officers in Iowa on the same night.

That his campaign immediately came out and branded as "disgusting".

You act like he's presiding over Bürgerbräukeller meetings and Nuremburg Rallies. 
Right but why did they endorse him? What made them think he was their guy? You act like that happened in a vacuum.

yep, dumb, racist, gun totting, bible thumping, back country, idiots who hate blacks, Latinos, Chinese, Indians, Milatos, Arabs, & Muslims.  That about right?

Obviously, the black church burning isn't getting much news coverage, since a conferedate flag waiving lunatic with a Trump sign in his yard murdered two police officers in Iowa on the same night.
It's front page on most sites.  What more did you expect?

So now the thing is to pretend like all these hate groups support Trump for no reason? Seriously? Just decided yeah he seems nice let's support him? Jesus a whole bunch of new people that never get to question anyone elses critical thinking skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread