What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer Ookie's earlier point:

I am not supporting Hillary because she is a woman, but it's a factor in her favor. Obama being black was a factor in his favor for me, but not enough to make me vote for him. In Hillary's case, the fact that she is a woman means a lot to me. I would like to see a woman as President- a strong, intelligent, competent woman whom I agree with most of the time. She doesn't have to be a Democrat; I imagine that if a moderate centrist Republican intelligent competent woman ever ran, (for instance, Olympia Snowe or Kay Bailey Hutchinson) I might have supported her as well.

But I want to see a woman there. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jew as well, which is a factor for me in favor of Bernie. Maybe this is all identity politics like Rich claims. So what? Who the #### cares?

I am not supporting Hillary because she is a woman, but it's a factor in her favor. Obama being black was a factor in his favor for me, but not enough to make me vote for him. In Hillary's case, the fact that she is a woman means a lot to me. I would like to see a woman as President- a strong, intelligent, competent woman whom I agree with most of the time. She doesn't have to be a Democrat; I imagine that if a moderate centrist Republican intelligent competent woman ever ran, (for instance, Olympia Snowe or Kay Bailey Hutchinson) I might have supported her as well.

But I want to see a woman there. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jew as well, which is a factor for me in favor of Bernie. Maybe this is all identity politics like Rich claims. So what? Who the #### cares?
:shrug:

If someone else said "I want to see a white person there", you would consider them racist and an awful person. Identity politics is abhorrent, no matter which way it leans.

Identity politics is a strategy for defeating terrorism? Who knew. Is this kind of like proving one is not a racist by stating "I have lots of black friends"?
Shes not trying to prove anything. And surrounding herself with Muslims isn't going to help her in the polls any. This was an act of political courage.
And if you think any of the GOP candidates would do this, I got some ocean front land in Arizona I would like to sell you.
Hillary is much more reliant on identity politics.
There are things that reasonable can disagree on. This is not one of them. You might as well be saying Hillary is the presidential candidate with the orangest skin and silliest hair.
I think you have a different definition of identity politics than Sand and I. To me, Trump's overt racial stuff and racial undertones in general, while sleazy and nasty, aren't "identity politics". Identity politics is "vote for me because I'm _______", where you would fill in the blank with "black", "white", "a woman", "Latino", etc.

It's not debatable that Clinton has been pushing the "vote for me because I'm a woman" narrative. She has, over and over. Frankly, it's abhorrent. For the record, it was also abhorrent in 2008 when the GOP tried it by nominating Palin.
I guess. Identity politics is generally more broadly defined than your description, though. And even if we use that more narrow definition, there's this:

Playing to Hawkeye State evangelical voters, Donald Trump riffed on religious political correctness at an event here Wednesday by vowing to always say "Merry Christmas" come the winter holiday season.

"I'm a good Christian," the Republican presidential front-runner said. "If I become president, we're gonna be saying Merry Christmas at every store ... You can leave happy holidays at the corner."
Certainly a more overt "vote for me because I'm _______" statement than anything HIllary has said.

Identity politics is a strategy for defeating terrorism? Who knew. Is this kind of like proving one is not a racist by stating "I have lots of black friends"?
Shes not trying to prove anything. And surrounding herself with Muslims isn't going to help her in the polls any. This was an act of political courage.
And if you think any of the GOP candidates would do this, I got some ocean front land in Arizona I would like to sell you.
Hillary is much more reliant on identity politics.
There are things that reasonable can disagree on. This is not one of them. You might as well be saying Hillary is the presidential candidate with the orangest skin and silliest hair.
I think you have a different definition of identity politics than Sand and I. To me, Trump's overt racial stuff and racial undertones in general, while sleazy and nasty, aren't "identity politics". Identity politics is "vote for me because I'm _______", where you would fill in the blank with "black", "white", "a woman", "Latino", etc.

It's not debatable that Clinton has been pushing the "vote for me because I'm a woman" narrative. She has, over and over. Frankly, it's abhorrent. For the record, it was also abhorrent in 2008 when the GOP tried it by nominating Palin.
I guess. Identity politics is generally more broadly defined than your description, though. And even if we use that more narrow definition, there's this:

Playing to Hawkeye State evangelical voters, Donald Trump riffed on religious political correctness at an event here Wednesday by vowing to always say "Merry Christmas" come the winter holiday season.

"I'm a good Christian," the Republican presidential front-runner said. "If I become president, we're gonna be saying Merry Christmas at every store ... You can leave happy holidays at the corner."
Certainly a more overt "vote for me because I'm _______" statement than anything HIllary has said.
Trump's awful. No denying it. However...

"Clearly, I'm not asking people to vote for me simply because I'm a woman. I'm asking people to vote for me on the merits," Clinton said. Then she directly addressed gender, adding: "I think one of the merits is I am a woman."
"I may not be the youngest candidate in this race, but I'll be the youngest woman president in the history of the United States."
Both of those are far more overt.

Trump's awful. No denying it. However...

"Clearly, I'm not asking people to vote for me simply because I'm a woman. I'm asking people to vote for me on the merits," Clinton said. Then she directly addressed gender, adding: "I think one of the merits is I am a woman."
"I may not be the youngest candidate in this race, but I'll be the youngest woman president in the history of the United States."
Both of those are far more overt.
Those are pretty funny, hadn't heard either of them. Although I assume the first was said jokingly, and the second was not an appeal to vote for her because she's a woman but rather a lighthearted attempt to address concerns about her age (women live longer than men).

Also FWIW this sort of appeal doesn't really bother me at all. We've had 44 male presidents and not a single woman; bringing a new perspective to the office is a legitimate selling point to offer up IMO. I'd say the same if there were a Jewish or Muslim candidate, or for that matter a Latino candidate (I'd have no problem with Rubio or Cruz making that pitch).

For that matter I'd say the same about Trump, Carson and Fiorina pitching themselves as outsider candidates with no elected office experience. I think that actually makes them less qualified, but that's just my opinion. I have no problem with them pitching it as a selling point.

Hillary responded to a question on how she would be different from President Obama with, “Well, I think that’s pretty obvious. I think being the first woman president would be quite a change from the presidents we’ve had up until this point, including President Obama.”
Later, when asked about the rise of outsider candidates, Hillary stated “Well, I can’t think of anything more of an outsider than electing the first woman president.”
Nope, nothing overt there...

Black, white, man, woman, Jewish, Catholic, green, tall, short, whatever... It's revolting.
This is a fundamental disagreement that's been around for years and comes up with all sort of political issues, including obviously affirmative action. Some people think diversity in race/gender/religion adds value because differing perspectives and experiences make the experience better for the whole and encourages minorities that have been victimized by injustice in the past to not give up. Others think everyone should be completely blind to any such characteristics. I consider your perspective a short-sighted one that requires a fantastical belief that we actually live in a fully functioning meritocracy. I'm sure you consider my perspective discriminatory and an outrageous double standard. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black, white, man, woman, Jewish, Catholic, green, tall, short, whatever... It's revolting.
This is a fundamental disagreement that's been around for years and comes up with all sort of political issues, including obviously affirmative action. Some people think diversity in race/gender/religion adds value because differing perspectives and experiences make the experience better for the whole and encourages minorities that have been victimized by injustice in the past to not give up. Others think everyone should be completely blind to any such characteristics. I consider your perspective a short-sighted one that requires a fantastical belief that we actually live in a fully functioning meritocracy. I'm sure you consider my perspective discriminatory and an outrageous double standard. Nothing to see here.
We'll disagree forever about this, most likely.

However, I think you have to admit that Clinton has been blatantly promoting identity politics.

However, I think you have to admit that Clinton has been blatantly promoting identity politics.
Not at all. In her 2008 campaign, she was criticized by feminists for never mentioning until the very end that she was a woman. She tried to de-emphasize the fact. Now she's owning it, she's proud of it.

Not really. You gave me two quotes from a woman who's been campaigning for president for a combined period of 2+ years. One of them seemed like an offhand joke, the other seemed more like a response to age-related concerns than a plea to vote for her because of her gender.

Not at all. In her 2008 campaign, she was criticized by feminists for never mentioning until the very end that she was a woman. She tried to de-emphasize the fact. Now she's owning it, she's proud of it.
This is a strange statement. I know it is tough to look at her as a woman but it is apparent that she is a woman. That shrill voice is a dead give away. Seems odd that she should have to announce that she is a woman.

Maybe Hillary should just start every speech with something like: "I know I am tough to look at but I am a woman. If you do not want to listen to the lies I am about to throw out today, that is ok. Before you turn off your TV or radio, I am just asking everyone, especially every woman, to vote for me since the US should have a woman POTUS at this point. Thank you.".

We'll disagree forever about this, most likely.However, I think you have to admit that Clinton has been blatantly promoting identity politics.
Not really. You gave me two quotes from a woman who's been campaigning for president for a combined period of 2+ years. One of them seemed like an offhand joke, the other seemed more like a response to age-related concerns than a plea to vote for her because of her gender.
There is more than two quotes.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/10/hillarys-desperate-pitch-did-i-mention-im-a-woman/

Hillary responded to a question on how she would be different from President Obama with, “Well, I think that’s pretty obvious. I think being the first woman president would be quite a change from the presidents we’ve had up until this point, including President Obama.”
Later, when asked about the rise of outsider candidates, Hillary stated “Well, I can’t think of anything more of an outsider than electing the first woman president.”
These aren't offhand. They aren't jokes. They're a consistent narrative she's been pushing. I guess the abhorrence of it is subjective, but the fact that she's been going to it over and over again isn't.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
timschochet said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
timschochet said:
Rich Conway said:
timschochet said:
Rich Conway said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:
I thought that is what Jeb/Rubio suggested.
They made vague gestures about needing MuslimAmerican support. Neither one has campaigned with any Muslim Americans. Hillary just surrounded herself with them.
Huh? I thought we were talking about a strategy to defeat ISIS and terrorism. How does standing at a podium with Muslims defeat terrorism?
The best way to defeat terrorism is to have less radical Muslims. The best way to have less radical Muslims is to convince Muslims that we're not their enemy and that if they come here they will be as respected as everyone else. So yeah, when the Democratic favorite for President surrounds herself with Muslims she is doing more to fight terrorism than all of the Republican candidates put together.
Because muslims need convincing, right?
Frankly, unfortunately some do. They shouldn't but that's the reality.
And do you think Hillary's program would have reached the Farooqs and halted the San Bernardino attack? Or Foot Hood? Or Chattanooga? Or Garland? Or the Times Square plot?

How?
timschochet said:
No, she would not have reached those people. For them, the cocoon has been broken and the moth is already let free. But she could reach many others who are still in the cocoon.

When we study the motivations for terrorism and radicalism, it's really shocking how many of these people "turned" because of some banal slight, some vague feeling that the US or the west is against them. Based on history, it's relatively easy to assume that Donald Trump's proposal has created hundreds if not thousands of radical Muslims, and of those a few will be willing to be terrorists. Based on history, it's relatively easy to assume that when Hillary surrounds herself publicly with Muslims she is deterring hundreds of Muslims from becoming radical, and possibly one or two from becoming terrorists. That is IF she is elected.
Right.

So let's say what's really going on here.

Hillary using Trump's xenophobia to raise money and corner the muslim electorate. Which never really was a "thing" but is now.

timschochet said:
I am not supporting Hillary because she is a woman, but it's a factor in her favor.
Whether you like Carson or not, the best political quote so far (IMO) in this election cycle has been: “I was asked by an NPR reporter once, why don’t I talk about race that often,” he said. “I said it’s because I’m a neurosurgeon. And she thought that was a strange response. And I said, you see, when I take someone into the operating room, I’m actually operating on the thing that makes them who they are. The skin doesn’t make them who they are.”

I find that profound and moving. And I guess that's the difference - you don't. All I care about in a President are 1) an ability to put a face on the USA and speak to our interests, 2) Decision making abilities in times of crisis, and 3) ideaology - i.e. which direction will he/she lead. Identities other than those hold no interest to me.

It obviously does to you (and, frankly, a huge number of Americans). I find that shallow and appalling.

:lmao:

Ok, may this is the quote of the election cycle.

timschochet said:
I am not supporting Hillary because she is a woman, but it's a factor in her favor.
Whether you like Carson or not, the best political quote so far (IMO) in this election cycle has been: “I was asked by an NPR reporter once, why don’t I talk about race that often,” he said. “I said it’s because I’m a neurosurgeon. And she thought that was a strange response. And I said, you see, when I take someone into the operating room, I’m actually operating on the thing that makes them who they are. The skin doesn’t make them who they are.”

I find that profound and moving. And I guess that's the difference - you don't. All I care about in a President are 1) an ability to put a face on the USA and speak to our interests, 2) Decision making abilities in times of crisis, and 3) ideaology - i.e. which direction will he/she lead. Identities other than those hold no interest to me.

It obviously does to you (and, frankly, a huge number of Americans). I find that shallow and appalling.

:lmao:

Ok, may this is the quote of the election cycle.
The worst part of that quote from the debate was Hillary was asked how her administration would differ from Pres. Obama's. The answer? She wears pantsuits. That was an answer in a presidential debate. What's also funny to me is early on, like at the beginning, of this thread there was discussion about an appearance by Hillary at Emily's List, basically she was campaigning before she was campaigning, where she said 2-3 things that really just said 'hey vote for me because I'm a woman'. And there was outrage and conjecture about this issue, but of course Hillary has said it several times now. First!Woman!President!, etc. It's the lowest form of campaigning. I think it has a negative effect among women though, especially younger women, and Hillary's numbers reflect that. They don't want to be categorized and expected to act or vote a certain way by a woman anymore than they want to get that from a man.

As I wrote Sand, it's not the main issue for me, or even close to the main issue. But it IS an issue. I think Tobias put it very well: we don't live in a meritocracy.

But that aside, my main qualifications for President are exactly the same as yours. And for me, in all 3 of the categories you mentioned, Hillary Clinton is very clearly the best candidate.

Rich Conway said:
TobiasFunke said:
Rich Conway said:
TobiasFunke said:
Rich Conway said:

These aren't offhand. They aren't jokes. They're a consistent narrative she's been pushing. I guess the abhorrence of it is subjective, but the fact that she's been going to it over and over again isn't.
I guess? Not sure why that would bother anyone. She's stating a fact. I wouldn't say she's made it a central part of her message. But it's important. And these quotes are not simply "vote for me because I'm a woman." It's "vote for me because I bring a fresh perspective." No different than saying "vote for me because I'm a successful political outsider." Same basic message.

Right.

Hillary using Trump's xenophobia to raise money and corner the muslim electorate. Which never really was a "thing" but is now.
I have absolutely no idea why this is a problem. "Vote for me because I'm not a xenophobic bigot" is a perfectly legitimate campaign message, even an important one. If the GOP doesn't like it there's an easy fix: don't be/support xenophobic bigots.

Rich Conway said:
TobiasFunke said:
Rich Conway said:
TobiasFunke said:
Rich Conway said:

I guess? Not sure why that would bother anyone. She's stating a fact. I wouldn't say she's made it a central part of her message. But it's important. And these quotes are not simply "vote for me because I'm a woman." It's "vote for me because I bring a fresh perspective." No different than saying "vote for me because I'm a successful political outsider." Same basic message.
Maybe - except she does not bring a fresh perspective - so it really is just down to "vote for me because I am a woman"

Even she knows that if this were really an election on the issues - she never makes it past Bernie Sanders. So, kudos to her for figuring out how to try to coddle the sheeple.

timschochet said:

Which is what she has been saying all along, not "Vote for me because I am a woman" (as has been claimed here).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/politics/hillary-clinton-gender-merits/

"Clearly, I'm not asking people to vote for me simply because I'm a woman. I'm asking people to vote for me on the merits," Clinton said.

Then she directly addressed gender, adding: "I think one of the merits is I am a woman. And I can bring those views and perspectives to the White House."

Right.

I have absolutely no idea why this is a problem. "Vote for me because I'm not a xenophobic bigot" is a perfectly legitimate campaign message, even an important one. If the GOP doesn't like it there's an easy fix: don't be/support xenophobic bigots.
Hillary cares about creating a new niche of Hillary-loyal voters who are muslim. She is creating a muslim electorate. And she cares about the fundraising that comes with it. - And that's a whole other issue. It is either fine or or unfortunate or both depending on how we look at our politics today.

However it is not that Hillary is creating a campaign to save muslims from themselves and the lures of jihadism and terrorism as Tim suggests.

timschochet said:

Which is what she has been saying all along, not "Vote for me because I am a woman" (as has been claimed here).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/politics/hillary-clinton-gender-merits/

"Clearly, I'm not asking people to vote for me simply because I'm a woman. I'm asking people to vote for me on the merits," Clinton said.

Then she directly addressed gender, adding: "I think one of the merits is I am a woman. And I can bring those views and perspectives to the White House."
COOPER: Secretary Clinton, how would you not be a third term of President Obama?

CLINTON: Well, I think that's pretty obvious. I think being the first woman president would be quite a change from the presidents we've had up until this point, including President Obama.

COOPER: ...This is a question to each of you. ... Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said, "I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made." You've all made a few people upset over your political careers. Which enemy are you most proud of?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton?

CLINTON: Well, in addition to the NRA, the health insurance companies, the drug companies, the Iranians. Probably the Republicans.

COOPER: ...This is a question to each of you. ... Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said, "I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made." You've all made a few people upset over your political careers. Which enemy are you most proud of?

CLINTON: Well, in addition to the NRA, the health insurance companies, the drug companies, the Iranians. Probably the Republicans.
Sounds pretty good to me! You'd prefer that she list Muslims, Mexicans, homosexuals, and women?

You do realize that FDR was referring to Republicans too right? Specifically Republican utility commissioners in 1932.

You do realize that FDR was referring to Republicans too right? Specifically Republican utility commissioners in 1932.
What fight against Republicans has she ever led? What enemy has she ever made in terms of policy? Has she ever done anything to actually anger them in terms of policy? I can't recall it.

And how did she ever make enemies of the Iranians?

Sounds pretty good to me! You'd prefer that she list Muslims, Mexicans, homosexuals, and women?
Iranians aren't muslims?

Iranians aren't muslims?
Seriously?

Come on.

:coffee:

She was joking. Get over it.

Iranians aren't muslims?
:confused:

Is he trying to say that Mexicans > Iranians?

Weird comment

Wait- so Secretary of Defense Ash Carter was using personal emails all this time? Even as Hillary was being investigated over the summer???

lol

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/defense-secretary-ash-carter-used-personal-email-work-pentagon-n481601
30,000 emails with hundreds of classified messages including a few top secret stored on a private server vs. 72 administrative non-classified emails. Almost the same thing. It is like excusing a drunk driving homocide by pointing to someone's speeding ticket.

So we sign this big nuclear deal with Iran...what kind of message does that send to promote an enemy of the Iranians to President?

Iranians aren't muslims?
Seriously?

Come on.
No, you're right, just muslims we might actually go to war with.

Wait- so Secretary of Defense Ash Carter was using personal emails all this time? Even as Hillary was being investigated over the summer???

lol

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/defense-secretary-ash-carter-used-personal-email-work-pentagon-n481601
Different situation:

• He had a US Gov account on DOD servers
  • Mostly used USGov
  • Didn't delete
  • Didn't destroy data
  • Didn't lie about his server
  • Didn't have a personal server
  • He didn't evade Congressional requests and subpoena
  • No word he had Classified and S/TS docs on it
  • No indication he was hacked
  • etc. X a dozen more differences.

lol

Different situation:

• He had a US Gov account on DOD servers
  • He didn't evade FOIA
  • He didn't evade Congressional requests and subpoena
  • No word he had Classified and S/TS docs on it
  • No indication he was hacked
  • etc. X a dozen more differences.
This point is irrelevant imo.

Probably just talking past each other here, but just because something hasn't been hacked yet doesn't make it less of a threat to be compromised if Carter's practices were improper and putting this information at risk.

Haven't checked in for a while.. but have we come up with anything beyond calling Hillary a liar (aka a politician)?

Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton Says She Is Unaware Of Big Money That Oil And Gas Companies Have Given Her And Family FoundationHillary Clinton expressed surprise Wednesday when a voter at a town hall in Iowa demanded she stop taking money from the fossil fuel companies. “Well, I don't know that I ever have,” Clinton said. “I'm not exactly one of their favorites.”

The former secretary of state — who had been pressed on the same topic at an event this summer — made those comments despite her long history of accepting millions of dollars of campaign and philanthropic money from energy companies and lobbyists and in spite of her concurrent moves as a government official to help the fossil fuel industry. Indeed, while Clinton asserted this week in Iowa that she is “not in favor of drilling off our coasts,” as a senator, she broke with Democrats such as then-Sen. Barack Obama to vote to expand offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

While Clinton remains the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, she has faced pressure from the left from Vermont’s independent senator, Bernie Sanders, and former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley. Both Sanders and O’Malley signed a pledge in July to “neither solicit nor accept campaign contributions from any oil, gas or coal company.” Clinton has offered a plan to greatly expand renewable energy usage, but she did not sign the pledge.

Oil and gas companies have contributed more than $700,000 to Clinton’s campaigns throughout her political career, according to data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics. In 2008, she was the seventh-largest recipient of oil and gas campaign cash in the entire Congress. Meanwhile, oil giant ExxonMobil has given at least $1 million to the Clinton Foundation and $2 million to its event arm, called the Clinton Global Initiative, according to the Wall Street Journal. ExxonMobil has contributed $16.8 million to Vital Voices, a nonprofit that Clinton co-founded to empower women, the paper reported.

In her 2016 bid, Clinton has relied on a slew of current and former advocates for the oil and gas industry for fundraising support — including Tony Podesta, the brother of Clinton’s campaign chair, John Podesta. As recently as this year, Tony Podesta has lobbied for BP, the company responsible for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history. He has also lobbied for a company part-owned by ExxonMobil. Podesta has raised over $130,000 for Clinton’s campaign, according to federal election records.

As a senator, Clinton voted twice in favor of expanding offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and to end restrictions on drilling off the coast of Florida. During her time leading the State Department, the agency signed the “U.S.-Mexico Transboundary Hydrocarbons Agreement” — a deal it said would help energy companies expand offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. Clinton said the pact would “promote the safe, efficient and equitable exploration and production of cross-boundary reservoirs.”

In September, Clinton announced her opposition to the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, which has since been rejected by the Obama administration. When Clinton was secretary of state, however, the department approved plans for a pipeline to transport tar-sands oil from Canada.

On Wednesday, discussing the issue of donations from the fossil fuel industry, Clinton appeared to dismiss the notion of rejecting checks based on donors’ ties — although she previously promised to stop taking contributions from private prison lobbyists.

“Individuals who might have some connection to whatever industry, I'm not going to do a litmus test on them,” she said. “I don't think there's a lot that support me; but the companies don't, because they know that I'm going to be very adamant about moving us toward clean, renewable energy.
http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/campaign-2016-hillary-clinton-says-she-unaware-big-money-oil-gas-companies-have

- This is like the Iranians are her enemies comment, she is just joking.

Hillary Clinton Touts Benefits of Oil, Natural Gas5:05pm EST October 7, 2013

Often times in media reports, the subject of natural gas development may come off as a bit of a partisan issue. Here in Pennsylvania, Democrats like State Senator Jim Ferlo have even pushed for a moratorium. Spanning out nationally, the topic is far from partisan, however – with Democratic Governors like Pat Quinn in Illinois, John Hickenlooper in Colorado, and even Jerry Brown in California rejecting the claims of anti-fracking activists and openly discussing the benefits of development.

Add to that list former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who showed during a speech at Hamilton College in New York on Friday that responsible development is something we can and indeed should embrace.

From the Democrat and Chronicle:

Late into the lecture portion of Clinton’s Oneida County appearance, she referenced a report that the U.S. in on track to surpass Russia in domestic oil-and-gas production.

That’s good news, Clinton said.

What that means for viable manufacturing and industrialization in this country is enormous,” she said to the crowd of 5,800 in Hamilton’s athletic field house.

As IHS highlighted last month, shale is helping to transform the U.S. economy, and bringing manufacturing back to America after a decade of decline.

EID has also been following the U.S. and Russian oil and gas production race for the past year, and the United States has likely surpassed Russia to become the largest oil and gas producing country in the world – thanks in large part to shale development.

Needless to say, the former U.S. Senator from New York was spot on with her comments on the implications this can have for U.S. economic growth, as well as in other markets.

As many of you will remember, the State Department under Mrs. Clinton’s leadership actually promoted Gasland as part of its Annual Film Showcase. It’s good to see that she has evolved in her view of responsible oil and gas development.
http://energyindepth.org/marcellus/hillary-clinton-touts-benefits-of-natural-gas/

- Energy In Depth is an energy industry trade publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread