What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait- so Secretary of Defense Ash Carter was using personal emails all this time? Even as Hillary was being investigated over the summer???

lol

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/defense-secretary-ash-carter-used-personal-email-work-pentagon-n481601
More top government officials showing complete incompetence. Just wonderful. At this point, it's almost like Clinton, this dude, Trump, et. al. are in cahoots just trolling us all, to see how much the American public will put up with, as if it's a $1 bet between Randolph and Mortimer.

I agree with timschochet here; with all the media surrounding Hillary's issues here, there's no way he couldn't have known this was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait- so Secretary of Defense Ash Carter was using personal emails all this time? Even as Hillary was being investigated over the summer???

lol

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/defense-secretary-ash-carter-used-personal-email-work-pentagon-n481601
Different situation:

• He had a US Gov account on DOD servers
  • Mostly used USGov
  • Didn't delete
  • Didn't destroy data
  • Didn't lie about his server
  • Didn't have a personal server
  • He didn't evade Congressional requests and subpoena
  • No word he had Classified and S/TS docs on it
  • No indication he was hacked
  • etc. X a dozen more differences.
Even without this detail, does pointing to other bad behavior resolve Clinton of potentially wrong doing? That seems like a bad defense.

Carter did wrong, as the article Tim posted points out:

a violation of Defense Department rules
- Carter, like Hillary at SOS, violated DOD rules.

It doesn't absolve Hillary at all, it just highlights that she did just that, broke the rules, and in her case more than that. More may come out about Carter, look at what unfolded with Petraeus and Hillary is under investigation.

Lena Dunham will campaign in Iowa for Hillary!
It's funny how long Hillary has been at this.

Lena Dunham points to a specific moment in 1992 when a comment Hillary made sparked both a hubbub in that year’s presidential race and Dunham’s own political awakening.

“It started in 1992, when Lena wrote her third-grade term paper on Hillary’s controversial ‘tea and cookies’ comments,” Dunham and co-founder Jenni Konner note in the introduction to the issue.
You have to remember, Jerry Brown brought up the fact - which was a fact - that Hillary and Rose were representing corporations being regulated by Bill Clinton himself. Some like Tyson were even proved to have received breaks which harmed the environment and harmed people. Hillary even received additional compensation from Tyson's inside counsel.

Hillary's response? Jerry Brown was a misogynist who expected women to be submissive and take care of their husband's and children's whims.

In more news Democrat debate Saturday night vrs watching NFL football. When she talks her poll numbers go down so good strategy.

irishidiot said:
In more news Democrat debate Saturday night vrs watching NFL football. When she talks her poll numbers go down so good strategy.
You realize her number started going up after she dominated the first debate right?

irishidiot said:
In more news Democrat debate Saturday night vrs watching NFL football. When she talks her poll

numbers go down so good strategy.
You realize her number started going up after she dominated the first debate right?
Makes the DNC's decision to have so few and bury them at bad TV times all the more head scratching. While not a fan, it seems to me she comes across much better in a debate format than a stump speech.

irishidiot said:
In more news Democrat debate Saturday night vrs watching NFL football. When she talks her poll

Makes the DNC's decision to have so few and bury them at bad TV times all the more head scratching. While not a fan, it seems to me she comes across much better in a debate format than a stump speech.
I think the logic is that a good debate performance does not have a whole lot of upside for Hillary. Winning the nomination is pretty much a fait accompli, and most people are not paying that much attention to the Democratic debates anyway, particularly the undecided voters. It is unlikely she would make a major misstep or a gaffe during the debate, but why take the chance?

irishidiot said:
In more news Democrat debate Saturday night

watching NFL football. When she talks her poll

I think the logic is that a good debate

performance does not have a whole lot of upside for Hillary. Winning the nomination is pretty much a fait accompli, and most people are not paying that much attention to the Democratic debates

anyway, particularly the undecided voters. It is unlikely she would make a major misstep or a gaffe during the debate, but why take the chance?
Respect for the democratic process?

irishidiot said:

Makes the DNC's decision to have so few and bury them at bad TV times all the more head scratching. While not a fan, it seems to me she comes across much better in a debate formatthan a stump speech.

performance does not have a whole lot of upside for Hillary. Winning the nomination is pretty much a fait accompli, and most people are not paying that much attention to the Democratic debates

anyway, particularly the undecided voters. It is unlikely she would make a major misstep or a gaffe during the debate, but why take the chance?
I am not saying I agree with the scheduling decision but I understand the logic behind it - a very, safe pragmatic move trying to minimize any potential damage that a gaffe could cause to the presumptive nominee of the party.

Makes the DNC's decision to have so few and bury them at bad TV times all the more head scratching. While not a fan, it seems to me she comes across much better in a debate format

than a stump speech.

I am not saying I agree with the scheduling decision but I understand the logic behind it - a very, safe pragmatic move trying to minimize any potential damage that a gaffe could cause to the presumptive nominee of the party.
It's all very logical for the campaign of Hillary Clinton.
And for the DNC. Unless there is an indictment from the FBI regarding the emails, Hillary is the nominee. Contrary to what some Sanders supporters are hoping/saying, it is pretty much over IMO. It is a cynical viewpoint, but winning in politics involves minimizing risk and that is what is happening here.

Once again, I am not agreeing that in the interests of fairness to the Sanders campaign it is the right thing to do, and if I were a Sanders supporter I would not be happy with the debate scheduling. However, from a pragmatic standpoint for who is the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party, I understand the reasoning for the decision.

Makes the DNC's decision to have so few and bury them at bad TV times all the more head scratching. While not a fan, it seems to me she comes across much better in a debate format

than a stump speech.

And for the DNC. Unless there is an indictment from the FBI regarding the emails, Hillary is the nominee. Contrary to what some Sanders supporters are hoping/saying, it is pretty much over IMO. It is a cynical viewpoint, but winning in politics involves minimizing risk and that is what is happening here.

Once again, I am not agreeing that in the interests of fairness to the Sanders campaign it is the right thing to do, and if I were a Sanders supporters I would not be happy with the debate scheduling. However, from a pragmatic standpoint for who is the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party, I understand the reasoning for the decision.
And that pretty much encapsulates everything wrong in this scenario - the DNC decided who they wanted as a nominee - not the primary voters/caucus goers.

Normally the ruling class at least pays lip service to the democratic process. Here the DNC just said #### it - we don't trust the voters to pick our candidate - so we need to ensure the "right" outcome.

than a stump speech.

Once again, I am not agreeing that in the interests of fairness to the Sanders campaign it is the right thing to do, and if I were a Sanders supporters I would not be happy with the debate scheduling. However, from a pragmatic standpoint for who is the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party, I understand the reasoning for the decision.
And that pretty much encapsulates everything wrong in this scenario - the DNC decided who they wanted as a nominee - not the primary voters/caucus goers.

Normally the ruling class at least pays lip service to the democratic process. Here the DNC just said #### it - we don't trust the voters to pick our candidate - so we need to ensure the "right" outcome.
Right. And on top of that, we really don't trust our presidential nominee to survive a primary fight for fear of gaffs? Jesus, we are so ####ified. I frigging hate Hillary Clinton.

than a stump speech.

Right. And on top of that, we really don't trust our presidential nominee to survive a primary fight for fear of gaffs? Jesus, we are so ####ified. I frigging hate Hillary Clinton.
No, that is not the mindset. Hillary will survive the primaries and will be the nominee (the DNC already considers that a given). However, the concern is that there is always the possibility of some misstep and the less attention it would receive, the less it will be an issue in the general campaign.

irishidiot said:

Makes the DNC's decision to have so few and bury them at bad TV times all the more head scratching. While not a fan, it seems to me she comes across much better in a debate formatthan a stump speech.

Obviously there is no difference between the DNC and the Hillary campaign. Debbie Wasserman-Shultz is on T.V. right now trying to justify suspending Sanders' campaign from accessing its own voter data.
The DNC is acting foolish and it will backfire.

The DNC has been unfair here, and I don't know what kind of crap they're pulling today.

But you guys are making way too much of it.

Meanwhile...

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/poll-democrats-hillary-clinton-lead-216928?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Poll: Clinton leads Sanders by 31 points ahead of debate

Bernie Sanders might be writing his inauguration speech, but Hillary Clinton remains firmly in the lead of the Democratic race on a national level, according to the results of the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll released Friday.

Clinton's advantage in the race for the Democratic nomination shows few, if any, signs of abating, despite voters seeing her as less honest than her closest rival.

Clinton earned the support of 59 percent of the Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters surveyed, down 1 point from November, while the Vermont senator picked up 28 percent, a decrease of six points in the same period. Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley picked up 5 percent support, up from 3 percent.

While 38 percent said they found Clinton more honest and trustworthy, 44 percent said the same of Sanders. On terrorism, however, 64 percent to 26 percent said Clinton would be better than Sanders on handling those issues. Larger shares also said Clinton is closer to them on the issues and better understands their problems.

The DNC has been unfair here, and I don't know what kind of crap they're pulling today.

They are alienating a group of voters Hillary will need and for no apparent reason. It's colossally stupid. Hillary should tell them to cut it out.

They are alienating a group of voters Hillary will need and for no apparent reason. It's colossally stupid. Hillary should tell them to cut it out.
I agree, but I have to say that a lot of these folks are alienated anyhow. Not the majority of Sanders supporters, but there's a vocal minority who I honestly believe hate Hillary Clinton more than they do Republicans.

I agree, but I have to say that a lot of these folks are alienated anyhow. Not the majority of Sanders supporters, but there's a vocal minority who I honestly believe hate Hillary Clinton more than they do Republicans.
I'm not talking about conservatives. They aren't going to vote for her anyway. I'm talking about young voters that have been rallying around Sanders.

I'm not talking about conservatives. They aren't going to vote for her anyway. I'm talking about young voters that have been rallying around Sanders.
I wasn't talking about conservatives either. I was talking about some of the Sanders supporters.

irishidiot said:

yep

I'm at the point (as a pretty liberal guy) now that if she wins the primary I may vote for the other side.

Now all of a sudden, data security matters? If it wasn't so pathetic, her stance on this would almost be funny.

Maybe she should have had some agents guarding the server...

Now all of a sudden, data security matters? If it wasn't so pathetic, her stance on this would almost be funny.

Maybe she should have had some agents guarding the server...
:lmao:

I hope Bernie or the moderators bring it up tonight just like you did, but I'm guessing they'll be too busy kissing ### and throwing softballs.

Hillary outlines plan for fighting terrorism:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/politics/hillary-clinton-isis-domestic-terrorism/

In contrast to the Republicans, Hillary wants to engage in major cooperation with Muslim Americans.
I thought that is what Jeb/Rubio suggested.
They made vague gestures about needing MuslimAmerican support. Neither one has campaigned with any Muslim Americans. Hillary just surrounded herself with them.
Identity politics is a strategy for defeating terrorism? Who knew. Is this kind of like proving one is not a racist by stating "I have lots of black friends"?
Shes not trying to prove anything. And surrounding herself with Muslims isn't going to help her in the polls any. This was an act of political courage.
Huh? I thought we were talking about a strategy to defeat ISIS and terrorism. How does standing at a podium with Muslims defeat terrorism?
The best way to defeat terrorism is to have less radical Muslims. The best way to have less radical Muslims is to convince Muslims that we're not their enemy and that if they come here they will be as respected as everyone else. So yeah, when the Democratic favorite for President surrounds herself with Muslims she is doing more to fight terrorism than all of the Republican candidates put together.
this is wrong from the very start Tim. You don't defeat terrorism you contain it. The condition of coming here as you say is not a condition. Because of these things, surrounding herself with Muslims does nothing. It's hollow. The positive is it does nothing. That's better than doing the something the GOP is doing so that's a point for your side

Gee we disagree again Commish! It's getting to be a pattern with us.

I do agree about the containment part though. Anyhow the Steelers won so I'm feeling generous.

I do agree about the containment part though. Anyhow the Steelers won so I'm feeling generous.
You can disagree all you want. It's really not up for debate. Thinking it is tells me you have no real idea of the basis of Islam and you don't really understand Islamic relations. There are plenty of really good articles on this subject. Perhaps you should check them out. It's an exercise I've been going through on the advice of a friend and it's been pretty eye opening.

You can disagree all you want. It's really not up for debate. Thinking it is tells me you have no real idea of the basis of Islam and you don't really understand Islamic relations. There are plenty of really good articles on this subject. Perhaps you should check them out. It's an exercise I've been going through on the advice of a friend and it's been pretty eye opening.
Its absolutely up for debate; I disagree with you, and it never fails to crack me up how condescending you can be. How best to deal with terrorism, Islam, and Islamism are very complicated issues, all "solutions" are fluid, and if you truly believe that your ideas are the only way and not up for debate, then I'm very glad you're only posting in an Internet forum and not any kind of decision maker.

Its absolutely up for debate; I disagree with you, and it never fails to crack me up how condescending you can be. How best to deal with terrorism, Islam, and Islamism are very complicated issues, all "solutions" are fluid, and if you truly believe that your ideas are the only way and not up for debate, then I'm very glad you're only posting in an Internet forum and not any kind of decision maker.
Was just about to say that. Condescending and arrogant - typical for Commishy.

Hillary outlines plan for fighting terrorism:http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/politics/hillary-clinton-isis-domestic-terrorism/

In contrast to the Republicans, Hillary wants to engage in major cooperation with Muslim Americans.
They made vague gestures about needing MuslimAmerican support. Neither one has campaigned with any Muslim Americans. Hillary just surrounded herself with them.
Identity politics is a strategy for defeating terrorism? Who knew. Is this kind of like proving one is not a racist by stating "I have lots of black friends"?
Shes not trying to prove anything. And surrounding herself with Muslims isn't going to help her in the polls any. This was an act of political courage.
Huh? I thought we were talking about a strategy to defeat ISIS and terrorism. How does standing at a podium with Muslims defeat terrorism?
The best way to defeat terrorism is to have less radical Muslims. The best way to have less radical Muslims is to convince Muslims that we're not their enemy and that if they come here they will be as respected as everyone else. So yeah, when the Democratic favorite for President surrounds herself with Muslims she is doing more to fight terrorism than all of the Republican candidates put together.
:lmao: So great

Hillary outlines plan for fighting terrorism:http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/15/politics/hillary-clinton-isis-domestic-terrorism/

Even as she shipped an assload of weapons to those countries, while letting groups like ISIS and Boko haram get some weapons too.

She has probably killed more Muslims than all of the other candidates put together.

The Associated PressVerified account ‏@AP

Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton should apologize for claim that IS used Trump videos to recruit militants: http://apne.ws/1Zl7AD8
Don't hold you breath waiting, Donald. It is amusing that a person who refuses to apologize for anything is now demanding an apology from someone else.

The Associated PressVerified account ‏@AP

Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton should apologize for claim that IS used Trump videos to recruit militants: http://apne.ws/1Zl7AD8
Don't hold you breath waiting, Donald. It is amusing that a person who refuses to apologize for anything is now demanding an apology from someone else.
Agreed. Hillary did make it up but Trump asking for proof is sad and ridiculous, he has taken us to the point of demagoguery where truth has no meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread