Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
timschochet

Official Hillary Clinton 2016 thread

14 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Link?  If you can't find one I'll just assume that your declaration has no more or no less merit than Mr. Ham's declaration that she will be indicted.

Except for the fact I am willing put money on it and Mr. Ham won't. Bottom line he really doesn't believe what he is saying.

Edited by squistion

13 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

I could go to any betting market and get odds.

Have you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Except for the fact I will put money on it and Mr. Ham won't. Bottom line he really doesn't believe what he is saying.

Betting money has nothing to do with being right or wrong.  Maybe he's dead broke and doesn't have any money?  That doesn't make his statement any less or any more probable than yours.

You keep acting as if betting is the be all and all of the truth.  Far from it.

Edited by MaxThreshold

17 hours ago, timschochet said:

My wife IS a fan, but she would probably laugh at me weeping. She teases me all the time about it- I cry a lot watching movies as well. I have read that Winston Churchill constantly wept at movies and public occasions, so I think I'm in pretty good company. 

No shtick, you should probably consider counseling for some deep seated low-self-esteem or depression issues. Regardless of what Churchill did, if you find yourself frequently crying at the end of movies, it could be indicative of an inner trauma. I don't want to get into it on a public forum, but it's definitely a symptom of something. I'm not saying it's a definitive symptom ("everyone that cries at movies has X"), other things should be considered, but, it is certainly something that should be checked out.

The irrational level of hate for Hillary I see on the forums here from both right and left wing posters is so hard to comprehend. 

She might be one of the most qualified candidates to run for President in decades. She's not Donald Trump. She's as close to Obama (who has been a great President) as there is in this race. 

I can't fathom the amount of hate here. I realize some of my compatriots who support her just refuse to give an inch on anything irritate people. They know who they are, we know who they are, who cares? Tommy, squistion, Tobias, Tim would probably be the first to admit they are a little hard headed on their support for her,  but I completely get it and where they are coming from. I recognize she has her issues, but see above re: her candidacy. 

Republicans ####ed up. Bad. Trump can't and won't happen. Hillary is a lifetime politician, they all have warts and flaws, but she is the most qualified to deal with everything hands down. 

I'm sorry for being Hillary rump swab to my friends on the far left and far right, but come on. Enough with the ####### email server for Christ sake. She wasn't wasn't subversively trading nuclear war codes with Putin here. 

Oy vey.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CBusAlex said:

Have you?

No.  This absurd line of thought that conviction equals making is :loco:.  I believe we're going to have an above average hurricane season.  My unwillingness to put $500 on it does not equate to a reversal of that belief.  I will make a $100 donation to a (valid) charity of Squis' choice if Hillary is in the ballot in November, at no risk to him.  Although I don't need to do that to express my conviction, I will do that. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lol It's only a handful of movies. 

That's still a lot - for a dude.

21 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

I don't think HRC is any better than Trump.  They are both pieces of human garbage.

Your partisan-ness is blinding you then. Were you screaming about the Reagan administration like you are about Hillary? Because Reagan made Hillary look like a freaking amateur when it cam to scandal and corruption. He was also a very effective President. The Bush administration misled the country to start a war. They're all politicians, it's what they do. They're smooth professional liars.

Trump isn't in that conversation. He's every bit as dishonest but comes with the added bonus of being a completely ignorant dope who is too arrogant to know how dumb he is. He's infinitely more dangerous to the country than a dozen Clintons. Which of course is why he's going to get his ### handed to him in November.

9 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Betting money has nothing to do with being right or wrong.  Maybe he's dead broke and doesn't have any money?  That doesn't make his statement any less or any more probable than yours.

You keep acting as if betting is the be all and all of the truth.  Far from it.

Actually, a hundred bucks is immaterial to me.  I'm just not going to enter into a bad deal as an extension of my balls, when I can get a much better deal on an open market.  I'd like to think is is partially why $100 is immaterial to me.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Ham said:

No.  This absurd line of thought that conviction equals making is :loco:.  I believe we're going to have an above average hurricane season.  My unwillingness to put $500 on it does not equate to a reversal of that belief.  I will make a $100 donation to a (valid) charity of Squis' choice if Hillary is in the ballot in November, at no risk to him.  Although I don't need to do that to express my conviction, I will do that. 

Squiz hates charities.  Absolutely hates'em.  Don't get him started, please.

2 minutes ago, John Bender said:

The irrational level of hate for Hillary I see on the forums here from both right and left wing posters is so hard to comprehend. 

She might be one of the most qualified candidates to run for President in decades. She's not Donald Trump. She's as close to Obama (who has been a great President) as there is in this race. 

I can't fathom the amount of hate here. I realize some of my compatriots who support her just refuse to give an inch on anything irritate people. They know who they are, we know who they are, who cares? Tommy, squistion, Tobias, Tim would probably be the first to admit they are a little hard headed on their support for her,  but I completely get it and where they are coming from. I recognize she has her issues, but see above re: her candidacy. 

Republicans ####ed up. Bad. Trump can't and won't happen. Hillary is a lifetime politician, they all have warts and flaws, but she is the most qualified to deal with everything hands down. 

I'm sorry for being Hillary rump swab to my friends on the far left and far right, but come on. Enough with the ####### email server for Christ sake. She wasn't wasn't subversively trading nuclear war codes with Putin here. 

Oy vey.

This was said about Bush I as well.

1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Your partisan-ness is blinding you then. Were you screaming about the Reagan administration like you are about Hillary? Because Reagan made Hillary look like a freaking amateur when it cam to scandal and corruption. He was also a very effective President. The Bush administration misled the country to start a war. They're all politicians, it's what they do. They're smooth professional liars.

Trump isn't in that conversation. He's every bit as dishonest but comes with the added bonus of being a completely ignorant dope who is too arrogant to know how dumb he is. He's infinitely more dangerous to the country than a dozen Clintons. Which of course is why he's going to get his ### handed to him in November.

And this is what Trump supporters are rebelling against. As soon as the country realizes t his the better. Because if we don't fix the corrupt system, it is only going to get worse. Trump is a quick disaster. Hilary is a slow one.

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lol It's only a handful of movies. 

Things Dudes Cry over:

• Birth of a child
  • Daughter getting married
  • Ex-wife getting re-married (no more alimony and now she's someone else's problem)
  • Spilled Beer

Things dudes DON'T cry over:

• Speeches by politicians
    • You literally will have to give up your man card

2 minutes ago, bueno said:

This was said about Bush I as well.

GW Bush was a good President. :shrug:

2 minutes ago, MaxThreshold said:

Things Dudes Cry over:

• Birth of a child    
  • Daughter getting married
  • Ex-wife getting re-married (no more alimony and now she's someone else's problem)
  • Spilled Beer

Things dudes DON'T cry over:

• Speeches by politicians
    • You literally will have to give up your man card

FYP. HTH

(And the daughter getting married is just a maybe at this point)

7 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

My unwillingness to put $500 on it does not equate to a reversal of that belief.

Well, if you tell yourself "I believe Hillary Clinton will be indicted", but what you actually anticipate is that if you made that bet, you would probably lose it, then what you had wasn't really a belief in the first place.

1 minute ago, CBusAlex said:

Well, if you tell yourself "I believe Hillary Clinton will be indicted", but what you actually anticipate is that if you made that bet, you would probably lose it, then what you had wasn't really a belief in the first place.

Negative.  Got to side with Ham on this one.   What if Ham has no money?  He's a bum on the street and all he has is his opinion, like you.  Does the fact that he can't place a bet make him wrong?

1 minute ago, CBusAlex said:

That's wise.  Let me break down the math.  Let's say I wanted to bet money on it.  I really don't.  (Interest, not conviction).  If I can, stay with me, go to an online market and put down a hundred bucks to win five hundred bucks, or bet a hundred to win a hundred with Squis because he's having a tantrum, I wouldn't bet Squis.  It's irrational.  Starting to see where the broken critical thought process emanates with some of you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

That is all very nice, but means nothing if it is money you were planning to give or always give to charity anyway. Say you normally make an annual year end donation of $500 to The Little Sisters of the Poor. But this year you give only $400 to The Little Sisters and also donate $100 to my charity, The Twitter Relief Fund. Now, you have made a great show of supposedly setting the bet by donating to the charity of my choice (and The Tweeters Fund would be grateful) but the bottom line is that you aren't out any more money than you were before you made the bet, you just broke up the same amount, $500 into separate donations of $400 and $100.

Edited by squistion

10 minutes ago, John Bender said:

If he was that good how come he didn't get re-elected?

Just now, bueno said:

Bull####ting billionaires with white working class appeal magically appear whenever Clintons run for president?

11 minutes ago, John Bender said:

I think you mean GHW

1 minute ago, bueno said:

"The economy, stupid."

Just now, bueno said:

he was boring, did not have a good story to tell about why he should continue, and Ross Perot came in and picked off a number of GOP voters.

15 minutes ago, bueno said:

And this is what Trump supporters are rebelling against. As soon as the country realizes t his the better. Because if we don't fix the corrupt system, it is only going to get worse. Trump is a quick disaster. Hilary is a slow one.

Hillary won't destroy the country in the next 4 years.  You want to rebel and fix the country?  Nominate a normal human being in 2020.

Edited by cstu

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

he was boring, did not have a good story to tell about why he should continue, and Ross Perot came in and picked off a number of GOP voters.

And he was a foreign policy candidate at a time when foreign policy was considered comparatively unimportant.

Just now, Mr. Ham said:

If I can, stay with me, go to an online market and put down a hundred bucks to win five hundred bucks, or bet a hundred to win a hundred with Squis because he's having a tantrum, I wouldn't bet Squis.  It's irrational.

Of course. But the fact that you're not willing to bet on it anywhere, even at the best odds you can get, demonstrates that that's not the reason you won't bet Squis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

NAFTA and raising taxes did him in -

2 minutes ago, cstu said:

Hillary won't destroy the country in the next 4 years.  You want to rebel and fix the country?  Nominate a normal human being in 2020.

Well that excludes a politician!

NAFTA and raising taxes did him in -

In retrospect, there's a little bit of humor in the fact that people couldn't forgive him for allowing some raised taxes after saying "no new taxes" and so they elected Bill Clinton.

Edited by Henry Ford

36 minutes ago, squistion said:

Except for the fact I am willing put money on it and Mr. Ham won't. Bottom line he really doesn't believe what he is saying.

This has always been FFA schtick that fails.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cstu said:

Again, you have proof of this?  I have no idea if she will or won't and have no idea if Trump will or won't.

This has always been FFA schtick that fails.

Which is always what the people say who won't put their money where their mouth is. Funny how that goes, isn't it?

9 minutes ago, CBusAlex said:

Of course. But the fact that you're not willing to bet on it anywhere, even at the best odds you can get, demonstrates that that's not the reason you won't bet Squis.

Eyebrows or it's not real!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

In retrospect, there's a little bit of humor in the fact that people couldn't forgive him for allowing some raised taxes after saying "no new taxes" and so they elected Bill Clinton.

That's whatcha call ironic!

Just now, squistion said:

Which is always what the people say who won't put their money where their mouth is. Funny how that goes, isn't it?

Money is filthy.  This saying nearly makes me gag.

16 minutes ago, squistion said:

That is all very nice, but means nothing if it is money you were planning to give or always give to charity anyway. Say you normally make an annual year end donation of $500 to The Little Sisters of the Poor. But this year you give only $400 to The Little Sisters and also donate $100 to my charity, The Twitter Relief Fund. Now, you have made a great show of supposedly setting the bet by donating to the charity of my choice (and The Tweeters Fund would be grateful) but the bottom line is that you aren't out any more money than you were before you made the bet, you just broke up the same amount, $500 into separate donations of $400 and $100.

You still don't get the concept of incremental... i.e. In addition to the few thousand we do allocate annually.  

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Money is filthy.  This saying nearly makes me gag.

Somehow, I doubt you feel that way when your clients pay you. :hophead:

Jesus Squiz be a mensch and buy the man a case of beer or a bottle of anything if he's right.

You've got home field advantage Obama, Jarrett, Lynch plus three political appointments to cross even if the FBI recommends indictment. You're the hotshot calling out Jets fans for not taking your wager in the cocktail lounge at 3 am on the night before SBIII. Where's the :censored: fun in that?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Somehow, I doubt you feel that way when your clients pay you. :hophead:

My clients don't generally pay me.  The defendant does.  Which usually makes it filthier.

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

My clients don't generally pay me.  The defendant does.  Which usually makes it filthier.

Oh - you're one of them!!!

Just now, bueno said:

Oh - you're one of them!!!

People who are compensated to protect the rights of individuals when they're trampled on by corporations and governments? Yes.

• Like 5

Just now, Henry Ford said:

People who are compensated to protect the rights of individuals when they're trampled on by corporations and governments? Yes.

In other words: a SHYSTER!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Henry Ford said:

Sometimes that's good. Especially when I need a collections attorney.

Just now, timschochet said:

In other words: a SHYSTER!! 

That's pretty racist, even for a Clinton supporter.

Edit: yes, I'm kidding.

Edited by Henry Ford

18 hours ago, timschochet said:

She teases me all the time about it- I cry a lot watching movies as well. I have read that Winston Churchill constantly wept at movies and public occasions, so I think I'm in pretty good company. 

Sounds like you have more in common with Winston than you realize.  Well, except for the last seven words.

Winston Churchill and Mental Illness

Widely regarded as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century, Winston Churchill is believed to have suffered from bipolar disorder. After observing numerous symptoms such as depression, suicidal intention, mania, and a decreased need for sleep, Churchill's doctor, Lord Moran, recounted in his memoir Winston Churchill: The Struggle for Survival, that he had diagnosed a middle-aged Churchill with bipolar disorder. Churchill often referred to his periods of intense and prolonged depression as his "black dog." During these fits of lengthened, manic-depression, Churchill exhibited little energy, few interests, losses of appetite, and trouble concentrating, according to his wife Clementine. On the other side of the spectrum, when his "black dog" had become docile, Churchill exhibited abnormally high levels of energy and restlessness, often beginning to work post in the FFA at 8 am and ending work posting at around 2 am. Unfortunately, these times of abnormal productivity receded as his "black dog" returned after just a few months of absence. Churchill, despite the difficulties brought by his crippling depression, disregarded his affliction and fulfilled a life of purpose and achievement. 

5 minutes ago, bueno said:

Sometimes that's good. Especially when I need a collections attorney.

I don't do collections work.  Those guys are disgusting.

20 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

What do you think money laundering is for? Duh.

Just now, Gr00vus said:

What do you think money laundering is for? Duh.

I don't know, I don't think the Clinton investigation has gotten that far yet.