Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUBAR

Karlos Dansby

6 posts in this topic

If you have Dansby, what are your contingency plans this week?

He's one of my top LBs, but his ideal replacement in my lineup would be Mauga, who plays tonight.

I'll start D'Qwell Jackson, Perry Riley, and Alec Ogletree but the tough choice is whether to start Mauga over Dansby with the idea that I could bench Riley if Dansby looks healthy, or whether I bench Mauga and play Kemal Ishmael or Tyrann Mathieu (flex). Starting Rolle and Woodson at S.

If you had to decide today, which two would you pick - Dansby, Mauga, Ishmael, or Riley?

Inclined to bench Mauga as Ishmael is a good fall back, but Mauga has been a solid tackler and we have a balanced scoring system.

I wouldn't count on Dansby. Even if he does play, I'm not sure it's a great matchup, and unless you don't have other options (which you do), I don't see the point in running the risk of starting a guy who's hurt. I'd go Riley, Ishmael, Mauga... in that order. But, it's pretty close between the last two (with Riley a tier above them both).

I just don't like starting guys who are questionable (or doubtful) all week, then end up playing, unless my alternative is a crapshoot anyway. If you have another option that is likely to put up decent points, I'd stick with that over the guy who might gut it out and play. I've seen too many scenarios where that guy reaggravates his injury mid-first quarter, and then you're stuck with nothing. Of course, the other option could get hurt as well, but it's less likely. A lot of times, choosing a starting lineup is all about playing the odds, in terms of not only who is most likely to score, but who is/stays healthy as well.

1 person likes this

I'm in a similar situation, although mine might be more of a no-brainer. I've got Dansby, but I also have Kendricks, Lofton, McClain, and Rey (start 3 LB plus a flex). I'll probably roll with those four, but even if I only had three of those (and Dansby was my 4th), I'd likely leave him on my bench this week, and start another safety (Demps, Gipson, or Kendrick Lewis).

If you have Dansby, what are your contingency plans this week?

He's one of my top LBs, but his ideal replacement in my lineup would be Mauga, who plays tonight.

I'll start D'Qwell Jackson, Perry Riley, and Alec Ogletree but the tough choice is whether to start Mauga over Dansby with the idea that I could bench Riley if Dansby looks healthy, or whether I bench Mauga and play Kemal Ishmael or Tyrann Mathieu (flex). Starting Rolle and Woodson at S.

If you had to decide today, which two would you pick - Dansby, Mauga, Ishmael, or Riley?

Inclined to bench Mauga as Ishmael is a good fall back, but Mauga has been a solid tackler and we have a balanced scoring system.

Same question if dansby is back this week.

Right now I have Ishmael in as flex but if KD plays do you start him over Ishmael and Riley? Could start Ishmael and bench mauga instead.

I think I'll need the upside.