Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonboltz

Week 12 Big Play League Decisions

16 team, start DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/FLEX. Big play scoring: 2p solo, 1p assist, 5p sack, bonus sack yardage, 3p TFL, 5p INT, 3p PD, 5p Forced fumble, 2p Fumble recov

Have two decisions, one at LB and one at DE.

For DE, I have a typical "do I sit my 'stud' in a bad matchup". Do I sit Cameron Wake in a rough matchup @ Denver. My other option would be Liuget at home vs STL. Norton's projections seem to be favorable for Wake, but I honestly wonder how much the matchup was even considered in these projections. His projection, on the road vs Denver team that does not give up much sacks, seems optimistic.

For LB, I have Mack and Aldon Smith. For those that aren't that used to big play scoring -- in Aldon's big 2012, he was the #3 scoring LB in this system. Concerns are: 1) still working back into playing shape, 2) unsure of snap rotation, assuming Brooks doesn't quit again, 3) riskier than Mack in terms of being 'shut out' like last week, where he was very real-life effective, but nothing in the box score. Mack isn't the sack force yet (despite his pressure), but plays the run well and generates solid tackle numbers, and has a great matchup for this.

This week, I am facing a team that I have a pretty good advantage over in normal weeks, plus they are without a few strong players on BYE. Thus, I'm leaning towards going the safe route with Liuget and Mack. Thoughts?