What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday Morning Questions for Bloom - Week 13 (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Opening this up early with three Thursday games. Traveling Thr morning, so try to get them in each before tonight if you have questions involved Thanksgiving day games.

My faith in Flacco's schedule seems to have been misplaced and I'm not getting the Sanchez love as he's missed (badly) both ESPN and FBG projections the last two weeks. Having said that, who do you like off the wire this week? Win I'm in, lose I'm out.

Fitz vs TEN

Orton vs CLE

Sanchez vs DAL

Mettenberger vs HOU

McCoy vs BUF

Hill vs OAK

Is ertz done as a reliable TE?

Are any of these better options: Rudolph, celek, Allen, clay, wright? Injury concerns this week with Allen and clay.

Thanks for the early opportunity to ask away, Bloom.

I need 3 of these guys in ppr

Anquan Boldin, SFF WR (vs. SEA)

Davante Adams, GBP WR (@ NEP)

Marques Colston, NOS WR (@ PIT)

Martavis Bryant, PIT WR (vs. NOS)

Percy Harvin, NYJ WR (vs. MIA)

Since Boldin is on Thursday against SEA, I wanted to get your take on the options even though the rest of them are SUN/MON games. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR Pick 1: Jeffery, Ryan Mathews, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant

Standard Pick 1: Hill, Blue if no foster, Mason

PPR league with short bench (15 man rosters), my lineup:

QB:Stream

RB:Murray

RB:Bell

WR:Gordon

WR:ODB

TE:Gronk

Flex:Jeffery

Bench:Ryan Mathews, Mckinnon, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Kelce.

None of these bench options are likely to make my lineup except maybe Mathews or Keenan Allen. Who are you not okay with cutting to hold more High upside RB handcuffs?

Hey Bloom! I have the chance to acquire P. Manning in a trade....in a .5 per completion, 6 pts TD league would you have any hesitation playing Manning CJ Anderson and Demaryius Thomas all at the same time for the rest of the year??

Hey Houston, the teams remaining on Ertz's schedule have given up alot of TDs to tight ends this year, you have to think Chip Kelly sees this and maybe Ertz has a strong finish.

Thanks for doing this early again!

Team in sig --non PPR -- does this look like the best lineup?

QB - A. Rogers

RB - M. Lynch, D. Robinson

WR - G. Tate, O. Beckham Jr.

TE - L. Donnell

FLEX - F. Jackson

PK - Parkey

Def -Miami (also have GB and Ravens)

Hi Sig,

I have Brandon Marshall and Jordan Matthews available to play on Thanksgiving. We can play either 3 or 4 receivers (tight ends count as receivers) depending on whether or not we play 1 or 2 running backs.

My running backs under consideration are:

Crowell
CJ
Mason
Hill

This may be a crazy question, but should I consider playing either one my Thursday receivers over:

Gronk
ODB
Demaryius
Watkins

Obviously ODB is unbenchable, and ordinarily I'd feel the same about Gronk and DT, but it looks like the Packers are pretty stingy to tight ends and the KC D is ranked number one (in our league anyway) in points allowed in the passing game.

Should I stick to my usual regulars (ODB, Gronk, and DT) and stop trying to overthink it, or look to one of my Thursday guys, and if so over who?

Thanks, have a great holiday, and I must say your On The Couch podcast is my favorite of all the podcasts you guys do (and that's saying something).

Hi Bloom. 2 parter -

Start Cutler or Sanchez. Vegas is predicting more points in Philly FWIW.

Start Tate or K.Allen PPR.

Thank you!

Hey Bloom, rank these for flex spot this week, non PPR

A. Williams, P. Harvin, M. Sanu, J. Hunter, S. Bailey

Thanks!

Thanks for the early opportunity to answer our questions Bloom. I'm in a standard league. Who should I start?

QB: Big Ben or Tom Brady?

RB: I need 3 from Ingram, Joique Bell, FJax or Blount

I'm struggling with my TE spot with Donnell. Should I drop Donnell for M. Rivera or N. Paul for ROS?

Awesome that you do this each week Bloom. Need RB/flex help in my league where I went from 1st to 5th in 3 weeks and am in danger of missing the playoffs.

Need to start 2x RB's of the following (NON-PPR):

• Ellington @ ATL
  • T. Mason vs. OAK
  • J. Hill @ TB
  • Crowell @ BUF
  • Herron vs. WAS
Then of the remaining 3 RB's & the below WR's, I need to pick 1 flex:

• D. Hopkins vs. TEN
  • Watkins vs. CLE
  • K. Allen @ BAL
thanks in advance & Happy Thanksgiving!

My faith in Flacco's schedule seems to have been misplaced and I'm not getting the Sanchez love as he's missed (badly) both ESPN and FBG projections the last two weeks. Having said that, who do you like off the wire this week? Win I'm in, lose I'm out.

Fitz vs TEN

Orton vs CLE

Sanchez vs DAL

Mettenberger vs HOU

McCoy vs BUF

Hill vs OAK
sanchize. big points coming tomorrow in that game

.5 PPR; 6 pts/'any TD; 1 pt/10 yds Rush/receiving; 1 pt/25 yds passing (becomes 1.5 pts once reaching 300 pass yds); -2 pts/INT; 0 deduction for fumbles***

Cutler @ Lions (Thursday)

McCown vs Bengals

--which one?

Need TWO of the following:

Jeremy Hill @ Bucs

Gio Bernard @ Bucs

Crowell @ Bills

Roddy White vs Cards

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks for the early opportunity to ask away, Bloom.

I need 3 of these guys in ppr

Anquan Boldin, SFF WR (vs. SEA)

Davante Adams, GBP WR (@ NEP)

Marques Colston, NOS WR (@ PIT)

Martavis Bryant, PIT WR (vs. NOS)

Percy Harvin, NYJ WR (vs. MIA)

Since Boldin is on Thursday against SEA, I wanted to get your take on the options even though the rest of them are SUN/MON games. Thanks in advance!
id go first 3

PPR Pick 1: Jeffery, Ryan Mathews, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant

Standard Pick 1: Hill, Blue if no foster, Mason

PPR league with short bench (15 man rosters), my lineup:

QB:Stream

RB:Murray

RB:Bell

WR:Gordon

WR:ODB

TE:Gronk

Flex:Jeffery

Bench:Ryan Mathews, Mckinnon, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Kelce.

None of these bench options are likely to make my lineup except maybe Mathews or Keenan Allen. Who are you not okay with cutting to hold more High upside RB handcuffs?
jeffery

mason

id stick w what you have on bench

Fitz vs TEN

Orton vs CLE

Sanchez vs DAL

Mettenberger vs HOU

McCoy vs BUF

Hill vs OAK
Lol, I'm gonna hold you to it, or I'm comin' after you through the intertubes.

QB - A. Rogers

TE - L. Donnell

FLEX - F. Jackson

PK - Parkey

looks good to me, would be interested what TEs are on WW tho

Fitz vs TEN

Orton vs CLE

Sanchez vs DAL

Mettenberger vs HOU

McCoy vs BUF

Hill vs OAK
Lol, I'm gonna hold you to it, or I'm comin' after you through the intertubes.
DAL and PHI defenses are lookin pretty weak at this point and both offenses are surging. 38-35

Hello Sigmund. Thanks for all you do.

Need some help in my PPR flex. Pretty simple. Crow or BMarsh?

My thinking is that Cutler/Marshall/Jeffery were shut down by their old coach knowing how best, to do so. Which has me thinking Marshall can get it together this week. However, I like Crowell. I just get scared of the Browns Shannahanigans for my playoffs.

I need your guidance Obi Wan

Here's one more... how much do you like Jordan Cameron assuming he returns this week in PPR? I have dwayne allen, but don't know how effective he'll be on the ankle and probably sharing with fleener more. Tim Wright, Fasano, quarless and sefarian-jenkins are the only other real options out there.

Thanks again.

thanks for doing this. Please help me make the playoffs in 2 leagues

League 1

6 pts all tds, -3 ints, rtn stats, 1 ppr

Start qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, k, def

Pick one qb

Sanchez @ dal

Ryan vs arz

Really leaning sanchez. I want no part of arz def.

Rbs are good i think

Lynch @ sf

Murray vs phi

Bench: blue, randle, herron

Pick 3 wr

Maclin @ dal

Djax @ ind

Harvin vs mia

Vjax vs cinci

This is where i am really struggling. Maclin for sure. I think djax with news that colt is starting. Really hard to trust any of the others. Thinking about getting john brown to play. Thoughts? Harvin has been good cause of the rtn stats, but hit a new low this past week. VJAX has been really up and down

Te

Fleener vs was

other options on the wire include allen, miller, wright, clay....are any of these better?

K

Tucker @ sd

Def

Mn vs car

Ne @ gb

Mn looks good to me.

League 2

Same starting pos as above. Same scoring except .5 ppr

Qb

Brees @ pit

Rb

Pick two

Vereen @ gb

Crowell @ buf

Ivory vs mia

Herron vs was

L. Murray vs stl

Ball hurt

Got vereen and crowell in right now. herron and murray are tempting though. Agree?

Wr

Pick 3

Allen vs bal

M. Bryant vs no

Wallace @ nyj

Harvin vs mia

Got allen, bryant and wallace in right now. Agree?

Te

Cameron @ Buf

TE has killed me this year. take a chance with Cameron or I could pick up wright, Daniels,davis, ertz, miller?

K

Parkey @ dal

Def

Clv @ buf

Ne @ gb

Clv looks good to me but I could pick up MN on the wire. are they better than CLV?

Thanks again, I know its a lot of questions....

Who do you start between Stafford and Tannehill? 5 pts per TD pass and 1 pt per 20 yds passing.

Different league.....I need to start 3 of these 4 WRs.....10 team PPR

Julio, Cobb, Marshall, K Allen.........who sits?

Thanks.

Dynasty keeper PPR

Had a deal on the table last night where I give up megatron and get Josh Gordon, which I rejected. Heavily considering the deal though if he adds a third or fourth for next year. Deadline at midnight tonight.

I feel like Gordon could give me a better shot the next four weeks at the ship, but still worried he could be back at the dealership instead of on the turf for me next year, hence the request for the pick. Plus I feel I'd be selling high on Calvin while he is still viewed as the number one WR by most. I'm currently in the third of four seeds with two weeks to go in before the playoffs.

Calvin was a charter keeper of mine and he picked up Gordon off the wire so I would not be losing anything as far as keeper draft slot value. Either would both be drafted for me in the last round.

What are your thoughts? And thanks as always. Travel safe my man.

QB - A. Rogers

TE - L. Donnell

FLEX - F. Jackson

PK - Parkey

looks good to me, would be interested what TEs are on WW tho
Available TE's include: Wright, Cameron, Celek, Ertz, Rivera, Paul, M. Lewis, Qaurless, Rodgers, Chandler, Gresham ...among others... would you start any of those over Donnell?

TEs(Allen/Clay) are all banged up and waivers run in the am

My options:

Rudolf

Wright

Celek

Paul

Or hold and hope one of the injured guys play

I know it's ugly, so I'll hang up and listen for your response

1. Who should I start this week between Russell and Sanchez? Went with Sanchez last week due to the matchup and Wilson scored more points with his rushing numbers. Should I go with Sanchez again due to matchup?

2. I have Decker, Shorts III, and John Brown. Need to drop one. Who should I drop?

Thanks Sig,

FPC scoring

Need one TE: M.Bennet @ Det or

A.Gates @ Balt.

Then need 2 Flex from the TE NOT chosen and:

P.Harvin vs Mia

R.Wayne vs Wash

Mal.Floyd @ Balt

Thanks for doing this in anticipation of the early games.

Pick one please:

Alshon Jeffery

LeGarrette Blount

Jonas Gray

Branden Oliver

Torrey Smith

Almost always I just go Jeffery but, you know, the Bears...

Thanks again and have a happy Thanksgiving!

Please pick 1 for my flex, league is PPR

Jordan Matthews @ DAL

Jeremy Hill @ TB

Latavius Murray @ STL

Keenan Allen @ BAL

Also

TD = 6 pts, INT = -3 pick six = -3 (-6 total)

Romo V PHIL

Sanchez @ DAL

Eli Manning @ JAX

Thank you!

Im really struggling with my QB decision.

RW vs SF

ryan home vs ARI

Or roll the dice on metternberger vs HOU

12 team non ppr need 2 Flex

Joique vs Chi

Crow vs Buff

Martavis vs NO

Wallace vs Jets

Pick 1 TE .5 ppr

Ebron vs Chi

Clay vs Jets

Quarless vs Pats

Already starting:

Romo

Alf

ODB

Gordon

Rams

Tucker

I have Ben Tate is he worth a roster spot , he been on my bench for almost 3 month it a rdraft league and it all most playoff time

the same ques goes for J Gray

pick one

C Fleener vs Ten

G olsen @ Min

Pick one to go with E lacy

A Ellington vs Atl

T mason vs Oak

L Blount @ GB

Embarrassingly loaded at WR.

Who on earth do you drop out of Nelson, Bryant, Gordon and ODB this week ? Can only pick three. Non ppr.

Happy thanksgiving to all when it comes !

Hey Sig, need (2) RBs for Week 13.

PPR

Tre Mason v.OAK

M.Ingram @PIT

D.Harron v.WAS

Jeremy Hill @TB

Joique Bell v.CHI

Ry Mathews @BAL

Need two from:

AJ Green

Odell Beckham Jr.

Calvin Johnson

Kelvin Benjamin

Mohammad Sanu

1 point per 10 yards, 5 bonus for each 5 recepts and 5 bonus at each 100 yards.

Brain is saying Green and Johnson, Beckham has been blowing up and Johnson hasn't been doing well.

T. Bagger said:
Hi Sig,

I have Brandon Marshall and Jordan Matthews available to play on Thanksgiving. We can play either 3 or 4 receivers (tight ends count as receivers) depending on whether or not we play 1 or 2 running backs.

My running backs under consideration are:

Crowell
CJ
Mason
Hill

This may be a crazy question, but should I consider playing either one my Thursday receivers over:

Gronk
ODB
Demaryius
Watkins

Obviously ODB is unbenchable, and ordinarily I'd feel the same about Gronk and DT, but it looks like the Packers are pretty stingy to tight ends and the KC D is ranked number one (in our league anyway) in points allowed in the passing game.

Should I stick to my usual regulars (ODB, Gronk, and DT) and stop trying to overthink it, or look to one of my Thursday guys, and if so over who?

Thanks, have a great holiday, and I must say your On The Couch podcast is my favorite of all the podcasts you guys do (and that's saying something).
matthews over watkins

anderson in

steelwind said:
Thanks for the early opportunity to answer our questions Bloom. I'm in a standard league. Who should I start?

QB: Big Ben or Tom Brady?

RB: I need 3 from Ingram, Joique Bell, FJax or Blount

I'm struggling with my TE spot with Donnell. Should I drop Donnell for M. Rivera or N. Paul for ROS?
brady

sit blount

hold donnell for matchups

Users who are viewing this thread