What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Ben Carson presidential campaign headquarters*** (1 Viewer)

Seems like a huge longshot. When was the last time a non-politician got any traction in party primaries? I remember there was a lot of hype about Wesley Clark in the Democratic primary in 2004 but that never went anywhere. I guess Herman Cain did OK for the Republicans last time around but fizzled out pretty fast.

Hey, if this guy overcame adversity and race ANYone can. As I see it, just get rid of all social programs and tell the poor whiners to sack it up.

Seems like a huge longshot. When was the last time a non-politician got any traction in party primaries? I remember there was a lot of hype about Wesley Clark in the Democratic primary in 2004 but that never went anywhere. I guess Herman Cain did OK for the Republicans last time around but fizzled out pretty fast.
Wish Herman would run again. Very entertaining.

Who cares if he can win or not? The key right now is who gets to debate.

Last time out we had Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, all at the same time. It will be hard to top that level of entertainment, but Carson is a good start.

Who cares if he can win or not? The key right now is who gets to debate.

Last time out we had Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, all at the same time. It will be hard to top that level of entertainment, but Carson is a good start.
I think they've drastically cut the number of debates and changed the formats to make them more candidate-friendly. I don't think we'll ever see anything like the Republicans last cycle. And you didn't mention Gingrich, who was probably the most fun.

Jesse Jackson had a good run in 1988. Won several states.

Buchanan put up decent fights in 1992 and 1996, as well.

Ross Perot did pretty well, better than either of those two IMO.

His question related to party primaries.

His question related to party primaries.
Ah, yes. Still worth noting though.

:shrug: Guess it beats actually discussing the merits of the candidates.
Here you go:

"Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”[41] Carson’s comments drew criticism for equating gays with pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.

Carson is against the legalization of recreational cannabis. He believes it to be a gateway drug.

Carson stated: “I don’t believe in evolution .... I simply don’t have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what’s right and wrong, just appeared.”[46] In 2012 nearly 500 professors, students, and alumni of Emory University wrote a letter expressing concern about Carson’s views in advance of his commencement speech, although no request was made to rescind Carson’s invitation. In particular, they cited his quote in an Adventist Review interview where he said, “By believing we are the product of random acts, we eliminate morality and the basis of ethical behavior.”

He's pretty much a moronic ###hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
This must be where all the Ds come to call this highly successful neurosurgeon stupid.
I blame affirmative action.
I was going to say the Temperance Movement.
Anti-Nebraska Movement IMO
That has nothing to do with this and you know it!
Says the card-carrying Conscience Whig
Too deep. I got nothin.

Here you go:

"Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”[41] Carson’s comments drew criticism for equating gays with pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.

Carson is against the legalization of recreational cannabis. He believes it to be a gateway drug.

Carson stated: “I don’t believe in evolution .... I simply don’t have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what’s right and wrong, just appeared.”[46] In 2012 nearly 500 professors, students, and alumni of Emory University wrote a letter expressing concern about Carson’s views in advance of his commencement speech, although no request was made to rescind Carson’s invitation. In particular, they cited his quote in an Adventist Review interview where he said, “By believing we are the product of random acts, we eliminate morality and the basis of ethical behavior.”

Well see, there you go. I had no idea he didn't believe in evolution. The weed thing is stupid too, and he shouldn't have equated gays with perverts. That being said, I'm pretty sure you can't get to where he is in life by being a moron. Obama is a Christian. In your mind does that make him a moron because he believes in all that stuff? Joe Biden pretty much licks windows all day, did you support him for VP? Is it just the Rs you think are stupid? I ask this to everyone, not just whoever posted this.

As hole? Maybe. Moron? Seems like a childish approach.

Here you go:

"Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”%5B41%5D Carson’s comments drew criticism for equating gays with pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.

Carson stated: “I don’t believe in evolution .... I simply don’t have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what’s right and wrong, just appeared.”%5B46%5D In 2012 nearly 500 professors, students, and alumni of Emory University wrote a letter expressing concern about Carson’s views in advance of his commencement speech, although no request was made to rescind Carson’s invitation. In particular, they cited his quote in an Adventist Review interview where he said, “By believing we are the product of random acts, we eliminate morality and the basis of ethical behavior.”

Well see, there you go. I had no idea he didn't believe in evolution. The weed thing is stupid too, and he shouldn't have equated gays with perverts. That being said, I'm pretty sure you can't get to where he is in life by being a moron. Obama is a Christian. In your mind does that make him a moron because he believes in all that stuff? Joe Biden pretty much licks windows all day, did you support him for VP? Is it just the Rs you think are stupid? I ask this to everyone, not just whoever posted this.As hole? Maybe. Moron? Seems like a childish approach.
Joe Biden smoked ol dreamy eyes Paul Ryan in open debate. SMOKED him.

He specialized in separating conjoined twins as a neurosurgeon, which I'm all for. Because there is nothing creepier than conjoined twins.

Here you go:

"Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn’t matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition.”%5B41%5D Carson’s comments drew criticism for equating gays with pedophiles and practitioners of bestiality. A group of Hopkins students circulated a petition asking that Carson be replaced as the university’s commencement speaker.

Carson stated: “I don’t believe in evolution .... I simply don’t have enough faith to believe that something as complex as our ability to rationalize, think, and plan, and have a moral sense of what’s right and wrong, just appeared.”%5B46%5D In 2012 nearly 500 professors, students, and alumni of Emory University wrote a letter expressing concern about Carson’s views in advance of his commencement speech, although no request was made to rescind Carson’s invitation. In particular, they cited his quote in an Adventist Review interview where he said, “By believing we are the product of random acts, we eliminate morality and the basis of ethical behavior.”

Well see, there you go. I had no idea he didn't believe in evolution. The weed thing is stupid too, and he shouldn't have equated gays with perverts. That being said, I'm pretty sure you can't get to where he is in life by being a moron. Obama is a Christian. In your mind does that make him a moron because he believes in all that stuff? Joe Biden pretty much licks windows all day, did you support him for VP? Is it just the Rs you think are stupid? I ask this to everyone, not just whoever posted this.As hole? Maybe. Moron? Seems like a childish approach.
Gateway politician?

Here you go:

:lmao:

No he didn't. I Like your revisionist history, though. Second to none.

Here you go:

Well see, there you go. I had no idea he didn't believe in evolution. The weed thing is stupid too, and he shouldn't have equated gays with perverts. That being said, I'm pretty sure you can't get to where he is in life by being a moron. Obama is a Christian. In your mind does that make him a moron because he believes in all that stuff? Joe Biden pretty much licks windows all day, did you support him for VP? Is it just the Rs you think are stupid? I ask this to everyone, not just whoever posted this.

As hole? Maybe. Moron? Seems like a childish approach.
Not really.

Joe Biden should have been kicked out of Law School for plagiarism.

He specialized in separating conjoined twins as a neurosurgeon, which I'm all for. Because there is nothing creepier than conjoined twins.
This raises a question, at least for me. Is there any surgeon out there, anywhere, who specializes in re-conjoining twins if they find out they don't like being separated? To me that guy seems like the smartest, most talented guy in the room, way smarter than somebody who simply separates them. I'd vote for that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread