What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 White Sox: BEEF! (1 Viewer)

After winter meeting moves, Samardzija, Robertson, Duke, the team is better, but still plenty to done

- Who's playing 2B?

- another SP would be nice. How soon are they willing to bring up Rodon?

- bullpen looks above average now, but would like to see another LHP mixed in there.

- bench is anemic at best.

After winter meeting moves, Samardzija, Robertson, Duke, the team is better, but still plenty to done

- Who's playing 2B?

- another SP would be nice. How soon are they willing to bring up Rodon?

- bullpen looks above average now, but would like to see another LHP mixed in there.

- bench is anemic at best.
Likely Carlos Sanchez gets first crack at 2B

They are willing to let Rodon pitch his way into the rotation or get some more experience at AAA and/or pitch out of the bullpen to learn the ropes (but definitely view him as a SP eventually)

Plenty of holes to fill

2nd, 3rd, LF, C
Not worried about 3rd. Gillespie fits in fine as a 6/7 hitter.

Same goes with Flowers. Decent power out of the position and is defensively above average. Would like to see the bat become consistent. When it disappears, it's non existent.

Viciedo is garbage in every aspect of the game

2nd is a great unknown. Might be Sanchez, but some retred like Rickie Weeks just screams White Sox

Eaton

Melky

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Gillespie

Alexei

Flowers

Sanchez

:pickle:
Garcia 5th? So $1 in a keeper is a no-brainer yeah?

I seem to be higher on him than others, hence my trepidation.
No speed, not much power, not many walks. He's young and looks like he should hit for power but he hasn't hit HRs at any stop in the minors. He has to hit .300 to be worthwhile in most fantasy leagues.

Eaton

Melky

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Gillespie

Alexei

Flowers

Sanchez

No speed, not much power, not many walks. He's young and looks like he should hit for power but he hasn't hit HRs at any stop in the minors. He has to hit .300 to be worthwhile in most fantasy leagues.
I remember Garcia having good speed when he was with the Tigers. What puzzled me if that he looked like a monster but hardly ever drove the ball with any type of power. Still is young though and has some tools to develop into a solid player.

Eaton

Melky

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Gillespie

Alexei

Flowers

Sanchez

Looking like the most improved team in the central
3, 4, and 5 have to be consistent and healthy. That gives the team a shot. The last thing this team needs is an Abreu "sophomore" slump but he appears to have the sharp instincts to adjust. After the lousy Bears season this is welcome news. Looks like a cool schedule as well with inter-league games against the Brewers, Cards and Reds. I think that the Cubs series in August might just produce Elvis night which is a ticket that will be awesome to have. Ohhh and it looks like the Sox and Cubs series will be played on the weekends again which should make for a rollicking good time. Enjoy...

With Alexei getting older, and about to be a FA, I would love to see the Sox land this Kang guy.

Slot him into 2B for now, move him over to SS next year

Or move Alexei now. Plenty of SS need out there

Last edited by a moderator:
Eaton

Melky

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Gillespie

Alexei

Flowers

Sanchez

He has quite a bit of speed (not a base stealer though) and he has raw power. I have him in an AVG league, but agree he's probably not all that viable in a OBP.

Limp Ditka said:
With Alexei getting older, and about to be a FA, I would love to see the Sox land this Kang guy.

Slot him into 2B for now, move him over to SS

next year

Or move Alexei now. Plenty of SS need out there
Aren't they are tapped out?

gotta get your hands on Darwin Barney
Why would I get my hands on a Barney when I can get my hands on a BONER!

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the White Sox have agreed to a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with utilityman Emilio Bonifacio.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman says the deal includes a club option for 2016. Bonifacio will probably be asked to play second base for the White Sox, but he's capable of handling just about every position on the diamond. The 29-year-old batted .259/.305/.345 with three home runs and 26 stolen bases in 110 games this past season between the Cubs and Braves. He should again carry fantasy value as a base-stealing threat in 2015.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the White Sox have agreed to a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with utilityman Emilio Bonifacio.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman says the deal includes a club option for 2016. Bonifacio will probably be asked to play second base for the White Sox, but he's capable of handling just about every position on the diamond. The 29-year-old batted .259/.305/.345 with three home runs and 26 stolen bases in 110 games this past season between the Cubs and Braves. He should again carry fantasy value as a base-stealing threat in 2015.
make sure to trade him after his hot start

I thought the White Sox were going to bring back Mr. Great Hair, aka Gordon Beckham.

Went out to dinner with my buddy that works for the sox this past weekend, he had stories

Apparently Detroit traded A Garcia away because he was banging Prince Fielders wife.

He also said Garcia is a lazy player, who doesn't get along with guys in the clubhouse

Just sharing

Went out to dinner with my buddy that works for the sox this past weekend, he had stories

Apparently Detroit traded A Garcia away because he was banging Prince Fielders wife.

He also said Garcia is a lazy player, who doesn't get along with guys in the clubhouse

Just sharing
The first item was pretty widely reported after the trade.

Just sharing
Why do you have to ruin everything uncle Eephus?

Just sharing
Have you seen Fielder's wife?

Just sharing
Ex-wife from what I'm told

Just sharing
Ex-wife from what I'm told
Also well-reported. ;)

Sox to retire number 14 on May 23 with a PK replica statue figurine to be given away to the first 20,000 fans. Well deserved and most fitting.

Sox to retire number 14 on May 23 with a PK replica statue figurine to be given away to the first 20,000 fans. Well deserved and most fitting.
They're always so quick to do this pomp and circumstance #### though.

Rigor-mortis hasn't even set in on his career yet and they've set the date to retire the number. Hell! They retired Harold Baines' number about 3 years before he retired.

Users who are viewing this thread