Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
EBF

Official Nick Chubb - RB Georgia, Dynasty

Recommended Posts

On 8/19/2019 at 9:20 AM, Efritch4 said:

Most recent Yahoo expert .5 PPR rankings has Chubb #4 overall...not #4 RB!!

Glad I’m not on Yahoo! I want him at 8, haha. 

I’m on CBS and just checked projections - 53rd overall! 😲

Edited by Elevencents
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Just took him at the turn with Gurley. Conner went 2 picks earlier. A less talented rb and a worse offense imo.

Gurley and Chubb could be lethal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, matuski said:

He caught 20 balls last year.. was that just Duke or does Chubb not excel here?

What was mentioned earlier - only half a season, but I think the biggest issue with his lack of receptions was game script. The offense was too efficient vs. Atlanta (53 snaps) and got out to a big lead, so the passing game shut it down in the second half. Both Bengals games were blowouts and the passing game again shut it down in the second half. The Texans game was a blowout loss and the offense only mustered 57 snaps. The Carolina game was close, but again - the offense was too efficient, only 52 snaps. 

So I wouldn't read too much into his actual output in the passing game last year. The skills are there for quite a bit more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloom & Waldman were talking ‘On the Couch’ about how Chubb should go between picks 5-9 in drafts!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Efritch4 said:

Bloom & Waldman were talking ‘On the Couch’ about how Chubb should go between picks 5-9 in drafts!!

At this point I don't think it's a stretch to take Chubb as your team's bona fide RB1 over David Johnson.

It definitely gives me pause given the concerns I have seeing ARI generate so little offense in preseason so far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Efritch4 said:

Bloom & Waldman were talking ‘On the Couch’ about how Chubb should go between picks 5-9 in drafts!!

I took him at 5 in my work draft today. No regrets.

Edited by Elevencents
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Browns running backs coach Stump Mitchell said Nick Chubb will "be used a little more in the passing game" this season.

"I think [Chubb's] going to be special like he was last year,’’ Mitchell said. "He’ll be used a little more in the passing game than he was last year. Nick just continues to improve on the skillset that he has, and I think he has a fantastic skillset.’’ Chubb averaged an increased 2.9 targets on 12.7 routes per game once coach Freddie Kitchens ceded Hue Jackson last season, and Duke Johnson's recent departure likely ensures those marks swell. Although Kareem Hunt could siphon third-down duties upon returning from his eight-game suspension to start the year, Chubb remains a potential positional week-winner and first-round option during the first half of the season.

SOURCE: Cleveland.com

Aug 21, 2019, 11:20 PM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miraculously, every running back in the NFL who has poor receiving skills is going to be used more in the passing game this coming season.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Hutson said:

Miraculously, every running back in the NFL who has poor receiving skills is going to be used more in the passing game this coming season.

 

That has been the theme of virtually every preseason update I’ve noticed. 

I honestly don’t know if Chubb has poor receiving skills or not though. 

Heard the same for Aaron Jones & Carson as well. 

I’m all-in on any/all 3 of these guys at the right price. Chubb is the toughest for me. Hunt comes back week 10, which could be a value hit right before the fantasy playoffs. And you’d potentially be passing up guys like Beckham, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans if you’re drafting near the 1-2 turn. 

Tough call. Love his upside though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Miraculously, every running back in the NFL who has poor receiving skills is going to be used more in the passing game this coming season.

And the analytics guys on twitter are having a cow over it. Apparently rb targets are inefficient. Yeah tell that to Sean Payton and Josh McDaniels.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a guy drafting 10th I love the Chubb helium. People picking him 6th are making the turn easier for me.

(full PPR)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

Miraculously, every running back in the NFL who has poor receiving skills is going to be used more in the passing game this coming season.

 

So your proof that he has poor receiving skills is? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8t7ZKlL-k

Edited by voiceofunreason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

So your proof that he has poor receiving skills is? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8t7ZKlL-k

He came into the league with receiving as a question mark.  He only had 20 receptions last year.  PFF gave him a receiving grade of 54.3.  But I'll admit I'm basing my opinion on little other than other people's opinions.  But a youtube video of one amazing catch isn't enough to change my opinion.

 

Edited by Don Hutson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Kareem Hunt gonna hurt him, eh?

K guys. 

I think hunt is good but imo Reid's offense really was the reason he blew up.  I don't think he out talents Chubb as a running back.  I just think kc's offense is on another level which is why I am trying to buy into it however I can and no matter the reaching.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I think hunt is good but imo Reid's offense really was the reason he blew up.  I don't think he out talents Chubb as a running back.  I just think kc's offense is on another level which is why I am trying to buy into it however I can and no matter the reaching.   

KC has long been tailor made for guys like hunt and hill...

Why on earth would CLE mix in a twig when they have the perfect ground n pound goblin back there? Chubb is custom made for this offense.

Hunt will have a role, no doubt. The former Duke role. Chubb will be the chubb of last season's 2nd half (barring injury, of course)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

KC has long been tailor made for guys like hunt and hill...

Why on earth would CLE mix in a twig when they have the perfect ground n pound goblin back there? Chubb is custom made for this offense.

Hunt will have a role, no doubt. The former Duke role. Chubb will be the chubb of last season's 2nd half (barring injury, of course)

So you are saying that Hunt offers nothing in the 3 down category over Duke Johnson?  

That isn't plausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Just went 1.05 in a non-PPR redraft tonight.  That seems...aggressive, but I am a huge fan so maybe it’ll work out

why'd he fall so far

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

Just went 1.05 in a non-PPR redraft tonight.  That seems...aggressive, but I am a huge fan so maybe it’ll work out

Went 1.08 in our decades old full PPR, which did not surprise me based on Mocks the last week or two. Heck it wasn’t even the most surprising first round pick.

1.01 chalk

1.02 chalk

1.03 chalk 

1.04 Bell mildly interesting but he is a Sparty

1.05 Elliott

1.06 Conner oh OK :unsure: right Stillers fan

1.07 Hopkins

1.08 Chubb 

I have the tenth pick and I’m getting Adams or DJ?? This was....unexpected. I need more :coffee:

1.09 Cook what. just. happened.

Haven’t even made a pick and I’m already planning what I’m getting myself for Christmas.    :pickle:

 

Back on topic...I’m as excited as the next non-Browns fan is to see what this offense can do. Ain’t nobody stacking the box with the weapons they have. But is Chubb the cornerstone of a fantasy championship after week 9? I don’t get the late summer helium, especially with that O-line.

took DJ and got OBJ at 15. #CHAMPIONSHIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nick Chubb went 2.02 in my 12 team lock redraft PPR tonight. Was hoping he’d fall back to me at 2.05  :( 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Went 1.08 in our decades old full PPR, which did not surprise me based on Mocks the last week or two. Heck it wasn’t even the most surprising first round pick.

1.01 chalk

1.02 chalk

1.03 chalk 

1.04 Bell mildly interesting but he is a Sparty

1.05 Elliott

1.06 Conner oh OK :unsure: right Stillers fan

1.07 Hopkins

1.08 Chubb 

I have the tenth pick and I’m getting Adams or DJ?? This was....unexpected. I need more :coffee:

1.09 Cook what. just. happened.

Haven’t even made a pick and I’m already planning what I’m getting myself for Christmas.    :pickle:

 

Back on topic...I’m as excited as the next non-Browns fan is to see what this offense can do. Ain’t nobody stacking the box with the weapons they have. But is Chubb the cornerstone of a fantasy championship after week 9? I don’t get the late summer helium, especially with that O-line.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

took DJ and got OBJ at 15. #CHAMPIONSHIP

I just landed Adams at 1.08 today myself. 

1-2-3-Conner/Hopkins/Elliott/Julio - me = Adams. :pickle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Well it's certainly hard to argue with a sample size of one.

He says as he provides less proof. Classic

Edited by voiceofunreason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have we reached a point of maximum velocity of the Browns' supposed ascension to the greatest NFL teams in the history of great NFL teams or what? I own Chubb in a dynasty league and I'm beginning to get a little :rollseyes: at the suggestions that the Browns' have 'arrived'. Am I the only one who feels that the Brownies are just a lil' too overhyped here? Thats what has me completely worried as a Chubb fan , Chubb owner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 9:09 PM, BobbyLayne said:

As a guy drafting 10th I love the Chubb helium. People picking him 6th are making the turn easier for me.

(full PPR)

If I can't get a proven PPR stud like barkley, kamara and mccaffrey I'm passing on RBs in the first round. In standard he's fine at #6, but in PPR I find quality wideouts are much harder to get in the middle rounds than a solid RB2-by-committee.  Maybe other owners don't mind to play matchups at WR2/3, I just prefer to rotate the more predictable RBs. 

20 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

have we reached a point of maximum velocity of the Browns' supposed ascension to the greatest NFL teams in the history of great NFL teams or what? I own Chubb in a dynasty league and I'm beginning to get a little :rollseyes: at the suggestions that the Browns' have 'arrived'. Am I the only one who feels that the Brownies are just a lil' too overhyped here? Thats what has me completely worried as a Chubb fan , Chubb owner. 

The offense certainly looks very impressive on paper. The defense may not be elite, but should be good enough. Judging purely from a personell perspective, the Browns are a Super Bowl contender in my eyes (though they probably lack the experience to win it all this year). Biggest question mark is coaching, we'll just have to wait and see if Kitchens is the right guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they aren't winning the SB< that's just media narrative/hype.

they'll be a very good offense. which is all that matters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

have we reached a point of maximum velocity of the Browns' supposed ascension to the greatest NFL teams in the history of great NFL teams or what? I own Chubb in a dynasty league and I'm beginning to get a little :rollseyes: at the suggestions that the Browns' have 'arrived'. Am I the only one who feels that the Brownies are just a lil' too overhyped here? Thats what has me completely worried as a Chubb fan , Chubb owner. 

Definitely not the only one. I don't feel like there's been many tapping the brakes on the notion that all these changes and assumed "steps forward" are just going to gel perfectly on the field. They may but it's far from a certainty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ty247 said:

What are Nick Chubb owners paying/willing to pay for Kareem Hunt in Dynasty leagues?

I actually traded away Hunt for Ingram/Barber about 6weeks ago (when bar fight news broke).  I needed RB2 upgrade over L Murray.  He has been traded 4x in last 2months and I tried to "re-acquire" him for C Samuels without success.  They wanted LAC Mike Williams for Hunt and I thought too pricey so I am doing without.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ty247 said:

What are Nick Chubb owners paying/willing to pay for Kareem Hunt in Dynasty leagues?

I own Chubb in 3 places.  Haven't even considered going after Hunt.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I own Chubb in 3 places.  Haven't even considered going after Hunt.  

I think it's at least worth reaching out and considering the cost associated with picking up Hunt.

If the cost is low enough why wouldn't you want possibly the premier handcuff in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ty247 said:

I think it's at least worth reaching out and considering the cost associated with picking up Hunt.

If the cost is low enough why wouldn't you want possibly the premier handcuff in the league.

i think because you would be paying a super premiere price for a backup (who has legal problems) in a situation you don't know how it's going to play out

If chubb is averaging 6 ypc when hunt is eligible to play hunt doesn't see the field much

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killface said:

i think because you would be paying a super premiere price for a backup (who has legal problems) in a situation you don't know how it's going to play out

If chubb is averaging 6 ypc when hunt is eligible to play hunt doesn't see the field much

EXACTLY!  

I sold him for a reasonable return IMO.  I will not overpay to get him back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I've been mocking on Yahoo all day today (prepping for 2 different drafts this week), and Chubb has gone 1.04 in 4 out of 6 mocks so far, and he was gone by 1.06 in the other two.   I won't own him in any redraft leagues this year, but man I hope this happens in my real drafts because I may have a shot at Nuk/Adams at 1.08 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ty247 said:

I think it's at least worth reaching out and considering the cost associated with picking up Hunt.

If the cost is low enough why wouldn't you want possibly the premier handcuff in the league.

On one hand, you're totally right with the "it can't hurt to ask" mentality. On the other hand, 99% of Hunt owners want way more than he's worth. So you're probably wasting your time and/or irritating the already irritated Hunt owner by not offering enough.

Personally, my strategy is to not even bring the subject up right now. I don't want to get into formal offers because if we revisit later it could be one of those "my offer stands" type of situations. I'd rather just approach them around week 4 when Hunt is just burning a roster spot... or maybe wait until they've got a need (injury or bye week) and then pounce, possibly making it part of a 2-for-2 trade or something of that nature. 

Hunt is not a target, so I don't want to give the impression he is. But he is a nice insurance piece. It's like a rich man's version of Montgomery/Davis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

FWIW, I've been mocking on Yahoo all day today (prepping for 2 different drafts this week), and Chubb has gone 1.04 in 4 out of 6 mocks so far, and he was gone by 1.06 in the other two.   I won't own him in any redraft leagues this year, but man I hope this happens in my real drafts because I may have a shot at Nuk/Adams at 1.08 🙏

Hopefully your draft is on Yahoo!

Still going at the back of the 1st on FFCalculator, and ESPN still has him ranked in the 20s :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I have no idea why Kareem Hunt is being drafted so high. Name value I guess?

The best-case scenario is you just held a guy on your bench for 9 weeks so that he can come in and play backup to Chubb?

Even if they split 50-50, not even close to worth his current draft price. I just don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Also, I have no idea why Kareem Hunt is being drafted so high. Name value I guess?

The best-case scenario is you just held a guy on your bench for 9 weeks so that he can come in and play backup to Chubb?

Even if they split 50-50, not even close to worth his current draft price. I just don't get it.

I'm not saying Hunt isn't being overdrafted, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's a best-case scenario.  I mean short of him getting into fisticuffs with another woman or tearing his achilles while driving to the stadium, that's pretty much a worst case scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'm not saying Hunt isn't being overdrafted, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's a best-case scenario.  I mean short of him getting into fisticuffs with another woman or tearing his achilles while driving to the stadium, that's pretty much a worst case scenario.

So you're expecting him to take the #1 RB position from Chubb once he returns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the # 10 pick in my 0.5 PPR re-draft league, I had been hoping to grab Chubb with my first pick. But the way people are seemingly lining up to suck on Nick's Chubb here, it would appear that I won't even get the chance. Not sure if that is, or is not, a good thing however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Skoo said:

So you're expecting him to take the #1 RB position from Chubb once he returns?

Of course not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if things are going good for the Browns and chubb is dominating thr backfield as expected, there won't be any tinkering done.

Hunt will split out wide or spell Chubb when needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wlwiles said:

FWIW, I've been mocking on Yahoo all day today (prepping for 2 different drafts this week), and Chubb has gone 1.04 in 4 out of 6 mocks so far, and he was gone by 1.06 in the other two.   I won't own him in any redraft leagues this year, but man I hope this happens in my real drafts because I may have a shot at Nuk/Adams at 1.08 🙏

Ive done at least 50 mock drafts and Chubb has gone before pick 1.8 exactly once.

As for Hunt.  He cant play until week 10.  Im not wasting a roster spot for 9 weeks on a guy that isnt even going to be the starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

He says as he provides less proof. Classic

Less proof of what? I made no claim. So, uhm, sure, Classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Keith1 said:

With the # 10 pick in my 0.5 PPR re-draft league, I had been hoping to grab Chubb with my first pick. But the way people are seemingly lining up to suck on Nick's Chubb here, it would appear that I won't even get the chance. Not sure if that is, or is not, a good thing however. 

I took him at 1.09 in 1 ppr tonight

🤷‍♂️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, i had a 12-team, .5PPR redraft league draft last night on CBS where I had the 1.10 spot. 

Due to CBS' rankings I passed on him in the 1st with the hopes he'd get back to me in the 2nd; I was correct in my strategy and landed him at the 2.03 spot. 

Granted this was CBS and their rankings are a bit F'd, but figured it was worth sharing for comparison sake.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.