Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
EBF

Official Nick Chubb - RB Georgia, Dynasty

According to PFF, Zeitler was a much better pass blocker than run blocker.  His pass blocking grade was 91.7.  His run blocking grade was 63.9.

24 minutes ago, Otis said:

Stud right?

He is only a stud if he starts getting more involved as a receiver.  You can't be a stud with 20 receptions.  And if he doesn't improve at both receiving and pass protection, he could be limited to 50%-60% of snaps when Kareem Hunt returns.  Chubb looked special last year so his ceiling is high but he hasn't graduated from tier 2, yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

He is only a stud if he starts getting more involved as a receiver.  You can't be a stud with 20 receptions.  And if he doesn't improve at both receiving and pass protection, he could be limited to 50%-60% of snaps when Kareem Hunt returns.  Chubb looked special last year so his ceiling is high but he hasn't graduated from tier 2, yet.

He got 20 in only getting significant playing time in half the season.  That can't be overlooked.  I only see his involvement going up, 50 catches this year is reasonable, with upside for more.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Rig24 said:

He got 20 in only getting significant playing time in half the season.  That can't be overlooked.  I only see his involvement going up, 50 catches this year is reasonable, with upside for more.

True.  So he probably would have gotten 30 receptions last year with a bigger role.  Still not close to enough to be considered a stud running back.  But you are right that there is a good chance that he will get 50 receptions this year.  But sometimes players don't get more involved as a receiver.  Only time will tell.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

True.  So he probably would have gotten 30 receptions last year with a bigger role.  Still not close to enough to be considered a stud running back.  But you are right that there is a good chance that he will get 50 receptions this year.  But sometimes players don't get more involved as a receiver.  Only time will tell.

Id go 40 as reasonable last year, but thats just speculation.  I think "stud" is a lock, but "elite" (top 4 backs currently) is the question.  

• Like 1

Acquired him in one dynasty league and ended up with him in redraft too. The last Browns RB I traded for was Reuben Droughns :oldunsure: Choo-Choo!

• Thinking 1

30 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Acquired him in one dynasty league and ended up with him in redraft too. The last Browns RB I traded for was Reuben Droughns :oldunsure: Choo-Choo!

Reuben Droughns got me 3 touchdowns in my 2004 fantasy Super Bowl so he will always have a place in my heart.  Not bad for a waiver wire pickup.  I love him almost as much as I love Reuben sandwiches (sans Thousand Island dressing).  Here is a 7 game stretch that Reuben had in October and November of 2004.  Running backs don't get this many carries any more.

[10-10] 30-193-0       

[10-17] 38-176-1

[10-25] 24-110-0

[10-31] 15-49-0

[11-07] 29-120-0

[11-21] 28-166-1

[11-28] 28-102-1

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Like 2

I traded JuJu for him in dynasty today. I’m on freaking board baby. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Reuben Droughns got me 3 touchdowns in my 2004 fantasy Super Bowl so he will always have a place in my heart.  Not bad for a waiver wire pickup.  I love him almost as much as I love Reuben sandwiches.  Here is a 7 game stretch that Reuben had in October and November of 2004.  Running backs don't get this many carries any more.

[10-10] 30-193-0       

[10-17] 38-176-1

[10-25] 24-110-0

[10-31] 15-49-0

[11-07] 29-120-0

[11-21] 28-166-1

[11-28] 28-102-1

The Mike Anderson Bronco run was legendary also

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joffer said:

The Mike Anderson Bronco run was legendary also

Funny that reminds me of how back in the 2000's the Broncos always had the "next Terrel Davis" right around the corner and I was a sucker for them

I recall drafting back than Olandis Gary before Anderson came into play and he was pretty solid one year. I recall drafting Tatum Bell one year and thought I was in like flint...not to be after just one good year.

And than my coup de gras was when I drank the Ryan Torain kool aid hard but of course he got hurt and never ever materialized.

Over the years tho especially  when Shananhan was there, Broncos would grab anyone and they'd be pretty good at RB. I think they even used Travis Henry one year...lol....Good  memories

That said, love Chubb this year and tho I also bought Hunt in my auction just in case for a bit more than I wanted seeing peeps knew I would seeing I had Chubb, I'm feeling pretty damn confident that Chubb is going to be so productive, that even when Hunt comes back from suspension, Chubb will still be the bell cow and his fantasy #'s won't be effected too much. We'll see but I'm stoked to be owning Chubb again this year. 

Edited by Maximus*

A game where everything went poorly for the Browns, in a surprise shellacking by the Titans....how did Chubb look, besides being vultured? 

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A game where everything went poorly for the Browns, in a surprise shellacking by the Titans....how did Chubb look, besides being vultured? 

pretty sure they gave him more touches in the final 2min when the game was dead than the rest of the game

it's why they lost. he looked solid as always

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I didn’t get to watch more than a few plays but following on game tracker it seemed like Hilliard was being used as the passing down back before his concussion. Had hoped Chubb would get more 3 down usage. 3 receptions was nice though.

• Thanks 1

Staring Chubb over David Johnson cost me a game week 1. Guess I’ll roll with him again and hope for better usage.  

Remember when the Cleveland browns were going to be this electric offense this year?

11 minutes ago, Otis said:

Remember when the Cleveland browns were going to be this electric offense this year?

3 days from this aging like milk in the sunlight

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Staring Chubb over David Johnson cost me a game week 1. Guess I’ll roll with him again and hope for better usage.  

If the offense penalties its way into oblivion again then the offense will struggle. If it doesn't then there's no reason to expect a repeat of week 1.

Any predictions for Chubb on Monday night?  I need a big night to pull out a win, not sure what to expect from this Brown's offense.

1 hour ago, Devil_Dog said:

Any predictions for Chubb on Monday night?  I need a big night to pull out a win, not sure what to expect from this Brown's offense.

big game.  85 ru, 65 re, 1td.  2 if you're lucky.

7 hours ago, Devil_Dog said:

Same.  I’m in a position where Chubb, OBJ and Cleveland D can not only help me go undefeated in all 3 of my leagues tonight but also help me win good $ in fanduel.  

Go cleveland!!!  

3 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:

Apparently Chubb doesn't get 2 min drill work.  Johnson has been in for the last two drives.

That is not good news.  He can't even beat out the third stringer for passing game work..? Ouch. 

I'm selling

• Like 2

Just now, kittenmittens said:

That is not good news.  He can't even beat out the third stringer for passing game work..? Ouch. 

I'm selling

I might be as well.  At least he has a TD tonight to salvage some value.

He took a shot there on his last touch. ESPN cut to the announcers babbling away in the booth instead of showing what happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

He took a shot there on his last touch. ESPN cut to the announcers babbling away in the booth instead of showing what happened.

Glad he got back in.  was worried

• Like 1

I’m thinking of trying to move him for Hopkins in redraft.

• Laughing 2

1 minute ago, joffer said:

I’m thinking of trying to move him for Hopkins in redraft.

I can assure you the Hopkins owner isn't thinking about that. 

• Like 3

Just now, MrSoup said:

I can assure you the Hopkins owner isn't thinking about that. 

he’d be psychic if he was

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

No, I am selling.  Full price of course, just getting out now. 

Dynasty?

9 minutes ago, Rig24 said:

Glad he got back in.  was worried

Nice I didn’t see he came back in. Good to know 

Nick Chubb rushed 18 times for 62 yards and one touchdown and caught all four of his targets for 36 yards in the Browns' 23-3, Week 2 win over the Jets Monday night.

After getting vultured at the goal line Week 1 against the Titans, Chubb didn't let that happen in this one, scoring the Browns' first touchdown on a 19-yard scamper. It hasn't been flashy for Chubb through two weeks, but he's racked up 41 touches, including seven catches. The volume is there to keep Chubb an every-week RB1 ahead of a Week 3 home date with the Rams next Sunday night. The Rams shut down Alvin Kamara in Week 2 after getting eviscerated by Christian McCaffrey in the opener.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:24 PM ET

14 minutes ago, abbottjamesr said:

I was complaining about him losing 3rd down and hurry up work to the 3rd string RB. 

He did have four catches at least.  But yea it was every single 3rd down and that 2 min drill that took forever. I thought he would get a little more work (or all of it) but they had other plans. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

Dynasty?

Yes, yes.  Probably not selling if I had him in redraft. 

Just realizing that he might not really ever be in the teams plans to have that role, but he seems to be valued like he might. 

2 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

How did the Oline look tonight?

Not that great.  Jets defensive line looked stout.

6 hours ago, abbottjamesr said:

I was complaining about him losing 3rd down and hurry up work to the 3rd string RB. 

Seems odd to complain about that when he had 4 catches for 36 yards.  That would average out to 64/576 over a full season. That would have been 8th in RB receptions last year, 9th in RB receiving yards.

• Like 2

ya, apparently no one saw him take a shot to the ribs (it looked like) and then they cut to the announcers babbling and didnt bring it up. he missed a drive or 2 after, and clearly cruising to a win they only gave him i believe 1 more carry afterwards.

super stout defense, on the road, and you're complaining about that statline?

10 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

Nice night for Chubb, but their run defense was missing Q. Williams and isn't that great per Football Outsiders.

They just looked stout and fired up last night, I'll give them that. 

7 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

Yes, yes.  Probably not selling if I had him in redraft. 

Just realizing that he might not really ever be in the teams plans to have that role, but he seems to be valued like he might. 

It is frustrating - the two minute drill is such dirty, cheap points in PPR (one of the big reasons the scoring system is busted, IMO). So not getting those snaps hurts when you're watching the game, but you gotta keep in mind he's on pace for 280 carries and 56 receptions. He's on an up and coming offense. He's a goal line hammer. He's a breakaway threat. That won't be easy to replace. The team may not put him in a position to get cheap PPR points, but the team does scheme him the ball in the passing game. His catches are not all dump offs. He's getting some designed screen plays and, given his long speed, that is dangerous (in a good way). On top of that, this is dynasty we're talking about. He's in the 2nd year of a 4 year rookie deal. He may not always be tied to Kitchens. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I honesty thought his value would be higher in dynasty than redraft.

I may be missing something. Any dynasty guys want to chime in why this is or why this might not be? 

Edited by rockaction

58 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

ya, apparently no one saw him take a shot to the ribs (it looked like) and then they cut to the announcers babbling and didnt bring it up. he missed a drive or 2 after, and clearly cruising to a win they only gave him i believe 1 more carry afterwards.

I noticed that as well, but it looked like he took a shot to the head to me, but we'll never know because it was more important to show a live shot of 2 talking heads and the ultra famous former director of NFL officials (or something like that).   I thought they would cut to a replay, but no dice. I guess with the game out of hand, everyone in production was in shut down mode.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I honesty thought his value would be higher in dynasty than redraft.

I may be missing something. Any dynasty guys want to chime in why this is or why this might not be? 

I dunno. He's borderline untouchable in my dynasty leagues... both the ones I own him in and ones I don't.

I just pulled open the DLF trade finder. Trying to find some semi-recent deals (within last month) that aren't huge multi-player trades.

• Kyler Murray and Anthony Miller for him in SF. So that's like the 1.01 in superflex.
  • 2020 1st & 2nd for him. Not enough IMO.
  • Aaron Jones straight up. Gross.
  • 2020 1st, 2021 1st x 2. Three firsts is about what it would take for me to consider. Remember, odds of hitting on a 1st are 50% at best. So two firsts = break even. And I think Chubb is better than the average "hit" of a 1st. 
  • Sutton and 2020 1st x 2.
  • D Freeman, Fournette
  • Five future 1sts. Wow.
  • 2021 1st, Cohen, Fuller
  • D Williams, Godwin (8/30 - was that before or after Shady signed with KC?)
  • Kelce, 2020 2nd
  • Mixon, 2020 2nd
Edited by FF Ninja
  • Thanks 1

I believe after the shot by adams, he did come back in and ran up the middle for a short gain. Best to my knowledge, it wasnt addressed post game by kitchens or chubb himself. Think he is good to go.

2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I dunno. He's borderline untouchable in my dynasty leagues... both the ones I own him in and ones I don't.

I just pulled open the DLF trade finder. Trying to find some semi-recent deals (within last month) that aren't huge multi-player trades.

• Kyler Murray and Anthony Miller for him in SF. So that's like the 1.01 in superflex.
  • 2020 1st & 2nd for him. Not enough IMO.
  • Aaron Jones straight up. Gross.
  • 2020 1st, 2020 1st x 2. Three firsts is about what it would take for me to consider. Remember, odds of hitting on a 1st are 50% at best. So two firsts = break even. And I think Chubb is better than the average "hit" of a 1st. 
  • Sutton and 2020 1st x 2.
  • D Freeman, Fournette
  • Five future 1sts. Wow.
  • 2021 1st, Cohen, Fuller
  • D Williams, Godwin (8/30 - was that before or after Shady signed with KC?)
  • Kelce, 2020 2nd
  • Mixon, 2020 2nd

Yeah, I thought he'd be nearly untouchable in dynasty and was confused by kittenmittens's distinction to the opposite conclusion. To each their own, though. I'd be trying to straight up acquire this guy in dynasty, and would give up picks for his sure thing.

• Like 1