What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

timschochet's thread- Mods, please move this thread to the Politics Subforum, thank you (1 Viewer)

Cappy chem x Sacamano fullback fro and the yesno polls Urbanhack furley darkbloom beckster invisigirl Woz yes I said it woz Tiger fan gator man Nigel Randall146 rfw cosjobs frosty boom king offdee b deep Harry manback keys myaths chet zesty dentist assanI (jwvdcw) Mr ham nipsey krista strykerpks st Louis Bob finless saintfool saints man saints fan da raider fan Scotty doesn't bo village idiot ratpfink half of Obc that I forgot idiot boxer da guru chrisco the nod the noid number 1 fan of Ghana soccer bored stormtrooper aerial assault gruecd sexy Ned Flanders/KTM righettI

That's a partial list of people who didn't demand to be on that list, and I'm posting from memory after a quarter box of franzia world classics chablis.
:bows:Edit: also read this to the tune of "We Didn't Start the Fire"
Did this as well. :lmao: :lmao:
yep

bostonfred said:
Cappy chem x Sacamano fullback fro and the yesno polls Urbanhack furley darkbloom beckster invisigirl Woz yes I said it woz Tiger fan gator man Nigel Randall146 rfw cosjobs frosty boom king offdee b deep Harry manback keys myaths chet zesty dentist assanI (jwvdcw) Mr ham nipsey krista strykerpks st Louis Bob finless saintfool saints man saints fan da raider fan Scotty doesn't bo village idiot ratpfink half of Obc that I forgot idiot boxer da guru chrisco the nod the noid number 1 fan of Ghana soccer bored stormtrooper aerial assault gruecd sexy Ned Flanders/KTM righettI

That's a partial list of people who didn't demand to be on that list, and I'm posting from memory after a quarter box of franzia world classics chablis.
Reworked into We Didn't Start The Fire (maybe I'll even arrange it on the guitar or piano and upload)

Cappy, Chem X, Sacaman

Visigirl, Harry Man,

Krista, nipsey, mr ham

Polls that ask "yesno"

Guru, Christo, did I say Krista?

Psycho Kev, delivered a helluva a pizza

Chetty, Zesty, Zippy, Fin

Dentist, marriage? No!

Darkbloom, Saint Louis Bob,

Minnesotan Mr. Woz

Scotty Bo, Fullback Fro

Assani's Icy Pots

Urbanhack, The OBC

Lawyer chat, and Zippy

Ratfink, Righetti,

Radierfan GOODBYE

We didn't start the thread here

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

Because it's Joe's black eye...

Offdee mention was kinda weak

Boom King, Frosty, Cosjobs, Keys

Gator Man, Ghana Fan,

Furley, and the Saints Man

Sacamano, Sactown Bob,

Strykerpyks, establishedboard

Beckster, Rustitty

Trouble in the SHARK POOL!

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

The yellow hat, wearing man

Had sex with Steve, in the can

Not her can, what I meant...

Was the bathroom's where they went

Boston Fred, shuke, and Ham

Righetti sucks on Jeter's yams

Pickles, saintsfan, R-F-dubs

Someone named Good Posting Judge!

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

Truckasaurus, David Shick,

Dynasty Leeg, Serious Biz

shining path, Rude is cornin'

With his backwards hat.

Flanders, Randall, and Biff Nixon

Rusky Brides, we're all pickin'

GM, EG, TrooperStorm

I can't take it any more!!!!

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

Will try to finish this tomorrow, I'm drunk

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, I like you and I have enjoyed your drafts. You seem like a nice guy.

The major problem isn't you, it's the clowns you trail after you, leaving drool behind like breadcrumbs no one wants to follow, and attack you wherever you post. So I'm like krista (one of my very favorite posters so I hope I can borrow what she said): I don't get the vitriol.

I don't even feel like I need or am qualified to offer "advice" here since (a) I'm relatively new to posting despite having been here forever and (b) "advice" seems pretentious, but (what the hey) just one thing: I don't think you need to engage the people who don't like you and sort of stalk you. You're never, ever going to get their vote, and there's nothing wrong with that. Ignoring them (not in a board sense of an ignore list, just not responding to what they say) seems like it would cut down on a lot of arguing and, in a bit of irony, deprive the stalkers of what they seem to like/want/crave. Dunno, just a thought.

bostonfred said:

Reworked into We Didn't Start The Fire (maybe I'll even arrange it on the guitar or piano and upload)

Cappy, Chem X, Sacaman

Visigirl, Harry Man,

Krista, nipsey, mr ham

Polls that ask "yesno"

Dentist, marriage? No!

Minnesotan Mr. Woz

Scotty Bo, Fullback Fro

Assani's Icy Pots

Urbanhack, The OBC

Lawyer chat, and Zippy

Ratfink, Righetti,

Radierfan GOODBYE

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

Gator Man, Ghana Fan,

Sacamano, Sactown Bob,

Beckster, Rustitty

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

With his backwards hat.

GM, EG, TrooperStorm

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

:lmao: :lmao:

I miss the fun drafts. Russian Bride, deadly animal, cereal, tv character, sci fi. Those were fun. Somehow those don't happen anymore.

I had the answer for you long ago, Tim. You chose to ignore me. I like you, but Christ man...you're like message board muzak. Less is more and if you insist on verbosity, at least be edgy.

bostonfred said:

Cappy, Chem X, Sacaman

Visigirl, Harry Man,

Krista, nipsey, mr ham

Polls that ask "yesno"

Dentist, marriage? No!

Minnesotan Mr. Woz

Scotty Bo, Fullback Fro

Assani's Icy Pots

Urbanhack, The OBC

Lawyer chat, and Zippy

Ratfink, Righetti,

Radierfan GOODBYE

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

Gator Man, Ghana Fan,

Sacamano, Sactown Bob,

Beckster, Rustitty

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

With his backwards hat.

GM, EG, TrooperStorm

It was done by chochet

But now we own it

Now we didn't reply

Nice

this might be a good time to /announce my intention to start a league hosting site where i hold And distribute league fees. you can proceed with sending me money anytime.

my boss is trying to set me up in a date with Tim

Tim..........he's overweight

Last edited by a moderator:
I am critical of Tim, but I try to be specific with my criticism and sometimes make fun of him, but I don't attack him as a person or suggest he leave.

Has anybody actually met the legend that is Tim in person?

I never really paid much attention to what he posted but it became hard to open any thread and not see his work because he has an opinion on almost anything(except yoga pants of course).He seems to enjoy debating so let him do his thing and if you find him too much simply put him on ignore and the same goes for Tim and his detractors,if you find someone getting on your nerves simply don't reply to them or just put them on ignore.

Some people take this place WAY too seriously. :doh:

what is the thread where all of this went down

and who are the guys that follow Tim from thread to thread

bostonfred said:
Generation 1 - leading posters were domerjohn, saheeb's warrior, bash monkey, Joe t, etc. Lots of funny topics, some funny fishing among people who didn't know fishing existed yet, good times had by all.

Generation 2- leading posters were shuke, gm, scoobygang, shining path, bigbottom, oh and by the way, shick! and Joe. Lots of smart, funny people leading the way in posts.

Generation 3 - the cliques. Obc wanted to talk about their clique but shick wouldn't let them. 11 started dominating every thread and posting funny stories, but they were all really entertaining guys. Joe, scupper, jzilla, shuke, gm, bagger, tre, tu and such. Pickles appeared out of nowhere, because he had never posted here before. Labs had all the smart funny guys, like smoo, fatguy, shiny, scoob, biggie. If we had a politics thread, and we had plenty, it was dominated by smart, funny people. I know I'm leaving some great ones out.

Generation 4 - leading posters were zartan, mini zartan, mr. Dingles, zippy. It got a little silly with all the post padding but the main guys were still the main guys. This is also when some of the great posters emerged, guys like tanner and bentley and tufnel and Norwood and Norville and some of the early :e: guys. Another really fun group.

The generation after that took a major blow when shick stepped down. Then came the second bush election and it became all about politics, with thoughtful but one sided posters like Bueno, ncc, yankeefan23, Andy dufresne and Co taking center stage. Still a bright, funny lot, and the good posters stuck around quite a bit, but the politics became a major part of the forum.

Then towards the end of bush's second term, bgp was on full display, tyrranosaurusing his way around threads in his own, off kilter but never boring way. Some other topics spawned like werewolf threads, running threads, threads about video games, threads about tv shows or movies or books or bands or whatever. We had had so many drafts that they were no longer must read. Threads moved so quick that you no longer even tried to read most of the topics on page one. The community had become a bunch of sub communities, the top posters were getting older, and the new stewards of the forum were not as good.

Now instead of fucla debating Yankeefan over states rights and the whole forum reading shiny's post that this was like the Lincoln Douglas debates but with dumb people, there were actual dumb people involved. Actually dumb dumb people. Dumb dumbs. Politics threads had become a bunch of one sided people arguing red vs blue over and over and over again. The smart, funny people withdrew.

And then Tim showed up.

And from that moment, with Tim creating threads about that thing ayn rand said once, or that criticism that that other guy had about communism, or the things people say about Hitler, or a draft of boring people from Borington, or what this president did or that candidate said they would do, the conversation got a little smarter, a lot less fun, and a lot more prevalent.

Tim, you fish with dynamite in a school full of red and blue piranha. You throw bait in there and watch the worst of the worst rip it apart with their unsurprising opinions that they got from their same talking points and just when it seems like a new and interesting thought might appear, you post something intended to make it all about you again. It's impossible for the smart and funny people to get a word in edgewise even without you in the thread, but when you're active in a thread it makes it worthless for anyone else to try.

A lot of the great posters have left the board. Some died, some were banned, some got real jobs or just left or don't post as much or whatever. That left a void and by pressing as much as you do you became the self appointed steward of this Generation. But you don't pay funny threads. I'm told you make funny posts and I've even seem a few but you're starting this board in your direction at a time when nobody else is stepping up to steer it in their direction. You get the occasional eminence or blue magic, but the board craps all over them. A lot of posters hole up in their own little threads about the NBA or game of thrones or this video game or whatever. But of the few general interest threads that are started these days, a high percentage are started by you, and they're very rarely fun or funny. That makes people hole up more in their specialized threads, and post less in other threads, and fewer people start threads, and the place is just getting boringer and boringer.

I don't think that's all your fault by any means, but if you continue to make yourself the center of attention, you have some power over the direction of the board and the direction you've taken it is not fun. I know that other people could start fun threads or do more to fix the place but you have the mic. Use it for good not evil.
Damn. I thought I would have gotten a mention as a Gen 4 guy. :kicksrock:

bostonfred said:
Generation 1 - leading posters were domerjohn, saheeb's warrior, bash monkey, Joe t, etc. Lots of funny topics, some funny fishing among people who didn't know fishing existed yet, good times had by all.

Generation 2- leading posters were shuke, gm, scoobygang, shining path, bigbottom, oh and by the way, shick! and Joe. Lots of smart, funny people leading the way in posts.

Generation 3 - the cliques. Obc wanted to talk about their clique but shick wouldn't let them. 11 started dominating every thread and posting funny stories, but they were all really entertaining guys. Joe, scupper, jzilla, shuke, gm, bagger, tre, tu and such. Pickles appeared out of nowhere, because he had never posted here before. Labs had all the smart funny guys, like smoo, fatguy, shiny, scoob, biggie. If we had a politics thread, and we had plenty, it was dominated by smart, funny people. I know I'm leaving some great ones out.

Generation 4 - leading posters were zartan, mini zartan, mr. Dingles, zippy. It got a little silly with all the post padding but the main guys were still the main guys. This is also when some of the great posters emerged, guys like tanner and bentley and tufnel and Norwood and Norville and some of the early :e: guys. Another really fun group.

The generation after that took a major blow when shick stepped down. Then came the second bush election and it became all about politics, with thoughtful but one sided posters like Bueno, ncc, yankeefan23, Andy dufresne and Co taking center stage. Still a bright, funny lot, and the good posters stuck around quite a bit, but the politics became a major part of the forum.

Then towards the end of bush's second term, bgp was on full display, tyrranosaurusing his way around threads in his own, off kilter but never boring way. Some other topics spawned like werewolf threads, running threads, threads about video games, threads about tv shows or movies or books or bands or whatever. We had had so many drafts that they were no longer must read. Threads moved so quick that you no longer even tried to read most of the topics on page one. The community had become a bunch of sub communities, the top posters were getting older, and the new stewards of the forum were not as good.

Now instead of fucla debating Yankeefan over states rights and the whole forum reading shiny's post that this was like the Lincoln Douglas debates but with dumb people, there were actual dumb people involved. Actually dumb dumb people. Dumb dumbs. Politics threads had become a bunch of one sided people arguing red vs blue over and over and over again. The smart, funny people withdrew.

And then Tim showed up.

And from that moment, with Tim creating threads about that thing ayn rand said once, or that criticism that that other guy had about communism, or the things people say about Hitler, or a draft of boring people from Borington, or what this president did or that candidate said they would do, the conversation got a little smarter, a lot less fun, and a lot more prevalent.

Tim, you fish with dynamite in a school full of red and blue piranha. You throw bait in there and watch the worst of the worst rip it apart with their unsurprising opinions that they got from their same talking points and just when it seems like a new and interesting thought might appear, you post something intended to make it all about you again. It's impossible for the smart and funny people to get a word in edgewise even without you in the thread, but when you're active in a thread it makes it worthless for anyone else to try.

A lot of the great posters have left the board. Some died, some were banned, some got real jobs or just left or don't post as much or whatever. That left a void and by pressing as much as you do you became the self appointed steward of this Generation. But you don't pay funny threads. I'm told you make funny posts and I've even seem a few but you're starting this board in your direction at a time when nobody else is stepping up to steer it in their direction. You get the occasional eminence or blue magic, but the board craps all over them. A lot of posters hole up in their own little threads about the NBA or game of thrones or this video game or whatever. But of the few general interest threads that are started these days, a high percentage are started by you, and they're very rarely fun or funny. That makes people hole up more in their specialized threads, and post less in other threads, and fewer people start threads, and the place is just getting boringer and boringer.

I don't think that's all your fault by any means, but if you continue to make yourself the center of attention, you have some power over the direction of the board and the direction you've taken it is not fun. I know that other people could start fun threads or do more to fix the place but you have the mic. Use it for good not evil.
Damn. I thought I would have gotten a mention as a Gen 4 guy. :kicksrock:
Top shelf in my book.

Tim, you seem like a real guy. Unlike many on here, who throw out silly stuff, try to be "internet cool" or throw out witty/mean/abusive or otherwise ridiculous comments just to get a reaction, you seem like you only post how you truly feel. I don't think you have any shtick at all going on, I thin you post from your heart.

But in doing so you probably let people get to you too much. Deservedly or not, I'd find it hard to post in a place where everybody slams me each and every time I post, so kudos to you for it. But don't let it affect your self-worth or anything. Unlike many in this board, despite the fact that you post from the heart, you are more anonymous than anyone. I don't recall anyone saying they've ever met you, no one knows your name, etc. So you truly are anonymous. So don't sweat it.

And if you ever do decide to leave, secretly sell your username. I think you could get some good coin for it from Chet or one of the rich fbg's.

While we're here, shame on all of you for ####ting on guys like eminence. We want more interesting people posting here. Even if you don't like em, let him do his thing and it might encourage someone else to post inane stories.

While we're here, shame on all of you for ####ting on guys like eminence. We want more interesting people posting here. Even if you don't like em, let him do his thing and it might encourage someone else to post inane stories.
There are no guys like Eminence.

You guys should rotate doing AMA threads,Tim would be a great one for starters but with all he has posted here I'm not sure anything would be new.

Of course the board isn't as "fun" as it used to be. All the subjects and threads that you can possibly think of have been exhausted. Want to talk politics? Religion? Science? Pretty much anyone and everyone's opinions are known. If someone new comes to the board and tries to start a thread on a subject that's been done before, people will point him to the old thread, and no one will open it. (because it's old...people like new threads, if you start a new one you get everyone involved..an old one, few people will read)

It's kind of like a fantasy football league me and 9 close friends have had for a long time. When we first started, our message boards were full. We ranked people's hairdo's, had discussions about an endless number of topics, and enjoyed the banter.

Now ten years later....we make a few braggadocio posts about our fantasy teams and that's about it. We got older, the fun died, and any banter we do is done through text messages anyway.

So it doesn't surprise me that FBG isn't as fun as it used to be.

Part of the "glory" of what people remember is that it was still early in the message board experience for many people. Your first foray into something (like an online community) is always fun.

And more than many other message boards, which descend into unreadable trolling most of the time, this board stayed civil most of the time, which is why it's been a fun message board for the most part.

OK guys. I have decided, at least for the time being, to try out General Malaise's advice. I will change the title of this thread, and this will be the only thread I will post in. I will post on all sorts of topics that interest me, many of them serious though not all. I am hoping to get a lot of response and good discussion and debate. We'll see how it goes.

I won't promise this will be forever. A lot depends on whether on not something like this works and I honestly have no idea if it will. But we'll try it out for now.

OK guys. I have decided, at least for the time being, to try out General Malaise's advice. I will change the title of this thread, and this will be the only thread I will post in. I will post on all sorts of topics that interest me, many of them serious though not all. I am hoping to get a lot of response and good discussion and debate. We'll see how it goes.

I won't promise this will be forever. A lot depends on whether on not something like this works and I honestly have no idea if it will. But we'll try it out for now.
I think you'll find that discussion in here will be fairly interesting and virtually constant.

Of all the news over the past few days, the one that bothered me the most was Russia raising their interest rates to by 6.5% in one day. I'm envisioning a situation much like Weimar Germany in the 1920s in which cash money became worthless. There are far worse possibilities than Putin.

Am I reacting too strongly here?

Of all the news over the past few days, the one that bothered me the most was Russia raising their interest rates to by 6.5% in one day. I'm envisioning a situation much like Weimar Germany in the 1920s in which cash money became worthless. There are far worse possibilities than Putin.

Am I reacting too strongly here?
I think it's a big risk-reward maneuver. And that it's probably going to be a failure. What are they at now, 17%?

Users who are viewing this thread