What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does your league punish the last place team? (1 Viewer)

utche96

Footballguy
I believe that finishing dead last in most leagues means that an owner basically gave up on the season especially if the waiver wire priority is based on records. I have wondered if it would be a good idea to put some additional incentives for not finishing in last place. The obvious one would be for the last place owner to get the last choice of draft position in the following years draft. But I am not sure that is enough of an incentive. Perhaps taking away a high draft pick would be more effective.

Would be interested to hear if some leagues already have some incentives or punishments set up for the last place team.

Last edited by a moderator:
if its a dynasty league, taking a away a high pick, or giving them the worst choice of picks is a bad idea. people just wont join the next year, no way to improve a bad team.

maybe you do something like last place has to buy the beer and wings for your rookie dynasty draft the following year.

some thing is fun but also doesnt jack up the league

In one league, the champion renames the last place team for next season. In another league, that prize is awarded to the winner of the loser's bracket.

In one league, the 6 playoff teams play 4 weeks (14-17) for total points to determine the Champion and draft slots #10 (Highest total points) - #6( Fewest Toal points).

The 4 non-playoff team do the same thing and play for the top 4 draft picks with #1 pick with HTP down to #4.

In one league, the champion renames the last place team for next season. In another league, that prize is awarded to the winner of the loser's bracket.
Not bad. I like that idea. Its fun but may actually be effective.

our consolation brackett seeds teams 7-12 based on standings and the winner gets #1pick and the rest of the picks are rearranged. keeps everyone motivated to a degree, last place teams has to keep trying to improve there team to try and secure #1 pick, if not they drop down to #2 which in some cases is a difference of Andrew Luck and RG3.

Users who are viewing this thread