What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

playoff league (2 Viewers)

FUBAR

Footballguy
Week 1 Scores:

Stinkin Ref (116.75 pts)
Bro1ncos (97.60 pts)
FUBAR (97.55 pts)
Kardplayer (90.50 pts)
jeaton6 (85.30 pts)
Bamac (83.10 pts)
bassnbrew (80.35 pts)
OldMilwaukee (79.75 pts)

Week 2 Draft Order:

1.01 1. Stinkin Ref
1.02 2. Kardplayer
1.03 3. Bamac
1.04 4. OldMilwaukee
1.05 5. bassnbrew
1.06 6. FUBAR
1.07 7. jeaton6
1.08 8. Bro1ncos
Here's the format:
a weekly draft with keepers and knockouts - 8 teams wild card weekend and divisional round, 4 teams championship round (top 4 scorers YTD), 2 teams super bowl (Top 2 championship scores), standard FBG survivor scoring and lineups, no reserves. Can keep 2 players each week from the prior week.

Draft would be serpentine. WC weekend all draft spots would be picked randomly, but after that, teams would choose which spot they want - that order would be based on the prior week's scoring (so the high scorer would choose their slot first, etc.)

Draft
Draft will use 60 minute time slots Tuesday starting at 11am eastern to completion, clock will be on 11:00am to 10:00pm eastern. I will post the windows for the day in the morning, based on where we get in the draft the previous day.

The clock is off in MFL, we'll use this thread for accountability - so please post here and PM the next player. Post here, make your pick in MFL unless the player before you was skipped.

Teams can pick as soon as the team before them picks, even if their window hasn't opened.
This means that if Team 1 makes their pick at 11:01am eastern, Team 2 can make their pick any time between 11:02am eastern and noon, and so on and so forth.

Teams can make picks in their own slot, even if the team (or teams) before them haven't picked.
This means, assume Team 1 misses their slot, Team 2 can make their pick on the FBG message board thread as soon as their window opens, but Team 3 can't make their pick until their own window opens.

The rules and scoring (same scoring as SSL)
8 rounds of drafting
No trading of picks
No trading of players
No free agent pick ups
Serpentine drafting.
No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (R/W/T), 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Player Scoring:
Passing TDs = 6 pts
Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts
1 pt per 20 yards passing
1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)
2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:
3 pts per FG
1 pt per EP
Defense Scoring:
Points Allowed
0 = 5 points
1-6 = 3 points
7-13 = 1 point
14+ = 0 points
Total Yards Allowed
0-199 = 5 points
200-249 = 3 points
250-299 = 1 point
300+ = 0 points
Sack = 1 point
INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points
Safety = 2 points
TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

Last edited by a moderator:
OldMilwaukee - IN
Kardplayer - IN
Bro1ncos - IN
jeaton6 - IN
Stephen Holloway - IN
FUBAR - IN

BassNBrew - IN

Stinkin Ref - IN

If anyone else is interested, we'll probably need replacements or a 2nd league.

I won't have access to MFL during the day after the 9th, so would need some assistance there.

FYI - 30 minute slots for Monday will be a huge challenge for me. I am traveling to Houston for the Texas Bowl game and will be out and about all day Monday. Not saying that I can't check in, but an hour would be way better and a slightly relaxed draft similar to message board drafts even better than that.

Start on Monday with only eight teams should easily be done by Thursday

FYI - 30 minute slots for Monday will be a huge challenge for me. I am traveling to Houston for the Texas Bowl game and will be out and about all day Monday. Not saying that I can't check in, but an hour would be way better and a slightly relaxed draft similar to message board drafts even better than that.

Start on Monday with only eight teams should easily be done by Thursday
Done

I'll pm the guys from last year and ask around. This works best with 8. With bass that's 6.

Pushing the start back to Tuesday.

Two quick items -
First, This will be a free league
Second, draft only players on teams playing this week.

WPS Hogs dominate Texas and win the Texas Bowl in Houston on MNF.

Will be driving tomorrow bit should be able to check in often.

1.1 Andrew Luck QB Colts

Before I pick I wanted to clarify Rosters. Last year we did this:

kardplayer, on 30 Dec 2013 - 2:04 PM, said:

I get it now. QRWWTFKD it is. I will update MFL later today.

Right now we are showing 9 rounds with 2 RB/3WR vs what we did last year with 8 rounds and 1 RB/2WR/1 Flex. Did we consciously choose to go with different format this year or just forget? If the latter how do we want to address?

Right now we are showing 9 rounds with 2 RB/3WR vs what we did last year with 8 rounds and 1 RB/2WR/1 Flex. Did we consciously choose to go with different format this year or just forget? If the latter how do we want to address?
The intent was to go off what we did last year. Flex makes more sense to me anyway, let's do that.

The intent was to go off what we did last year. Flex makes more sense to me anyway, let's do that.
Any chance we can go to nine rounds with 2 flex?

Any chance we can go to nine rounds with 2 flex?
Geesh. Next you'll all be asking to go idp. ;) ETA: honestly, I like 8 rounds. Given the number of relevant players in these games I don't think we should do more than that (despite that I originally had 9 rounds). 5 r/w/t works well imo.

I admit going on memory of last year's 8 rounds - suggest discussion among us to get consensus. I prefer QB RB WR WR TE F(RB WR TE) PK DST

but will go with consensus - eight rounds = more fair for serpentine

I admit going on memory of last year's 8 rounds - suggest discussion among us to get consensus. I prefer QB RB WR WR TE F(RB WR TE) PK DST

but will go with consensus - eight rounds = more fair for serpentine
As we've started, unless there's a mutiny, we'll go with 8, using the lineup you listed. It's set in MFL.

As a side note, how did we draft the second week? What settings have to be adjusted? Do I just revert the draft?

Can we please get a commish password so anyone can enter picks?
I PM'd it to everyone earlier.

But it's FBG4fun if you didn't get it.

Thanks for helping out, been a little preoccupied with my wife and her ACL surgery.
You're assuming that I actually read. Actually when I clicked the link from mfl via e-mail I was already logged in and didn't read the pm.

Entered Bron1cos pick and pm'd OldMil.

Users who are viewing this thread