What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

playoff league (2 Viewers)

11am 6.07 47. jeaton6 Waiting On jeaton6 For The Next Pick
Noon 6.08 48. Bamac
Noon 7.01 49. Bamac
1pm 7.02 50. jeaton6
2pm 7.03 51. bassnbrew
3pm 7.04 52. FUBAR
4pm 7.05 53. Kardplayer
5pm 7.06 54. Stinkin Ref
6pm 7.07 55. Bro1ncos
7pm 7.08 56. OldMilwaukee
7pm 8.01 57. OldMilwaukee
8pm 8.02 58. Bro1ncos
9pm 8.03 59. Stinkin Ref
10pm 8.04 60. Kardplayer

The turn picks go on the clock at the same time.
We should get through this today, but if not there will be a few picks tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

Quick question before the games start-

Is everyone cool with not having to keep 2 players? Any team keeping one or zero would draft in rounds 7 (and 8 if needed).

Agreed on no need to keep keepers - players' choice.

On the schedule, it can be largely useless if we're moving and predrafting, but it will be good when we're back at work...

Sounds good all.

0-2 keepers at the cost of your last picks.

I'm already looking forward to seeing how the first few picks go next week.

I guess that brings up the next question.

keepers due to me by PM or post here, by midnight Monday. Then we pick draft slotsb Tuesday after I post the keepers.

Draft starts Wednesday, 11am est.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
FUBAR said:
Sounds good all.

keepers due to me by PM or post here, by midnight Monday. Then we pick draft slotsb Tuesday after I post the keepers.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!
I suggest that we begin announcing keepers and draft position on Monday afternoon. Highest scorer announces his two keepers and draft position and then we move down the list. Since the top scorer is getting the advantage of draft position, those behind him get the advantage of knowing who will be available. It kind of levels the playing field. It's also like a "second draft" which makes it kind of fun.

FUBAR said:
Sounds good all.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!
I suggest that we begin announcing keepers and draft position on Monday afternoon. Highest scorer announces his two keepers and draft position and then we move down the list. Since the top scorer is getting the advantage of draft position, those behind him get the advantage of knowing who will be available. It kind of levels the playing field. It's also like a "second draft" which makes it kind of fun.
Could do that, but the top teams earn the advantage they get.

I'm not against this if others like the idea.

FUBAR said:
Sounds good all.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!
Could do that, but the top teams earn the advantage they get.

I'm not against this if others like the idea.
Since we can do a simultaneous reveal someones always going to get and advantage. I figured getting the pick of the litter draft slot wise is a huge advantage I like the idea even though it runs contrary to the usual last to first free agent. Just seem like a fun way to do it.

I'm surprised that in a ppr league we only took 18 WR and 9 TE
I didn't realize we didn't need 2 RB's until I already had 2 RB's, so I skew those numbers a bit. I would have most likely grabbed 3 WR's or 2 TE's had I realized that.
Five teams took a 2nd RB. Looking at who those players are:

- Josh Harris in the 7th was a steal. I would have taken him but in the event that Carolina loses, I wanted another keeper (don't think Harris would be a good keeper even if the Steelers win)

- Kerwynn Williams looks like he may be the lead back in AZ. Completely understandable pick.

- Dan Herron in the 2nd. Kard already stated why he took 2 backs, but this pick forced someone to take a back which may have gone undrafted.

- Trent Richardson. I vowed to never draft this pile of #### again, but he's done alright this year. Ok pick at the end of the 7th.

- Gio Bernard. another guy who could pay off, although I wonder if Jeaton missed the message about the flex too.

Poor Bass, stuck with Stepfan as his top back. Waiting until the 8th means he found value elsewhere, but that's a gaping hole. Best set of WRs and TEs though.

Seems we worked the same strategy. You have to hope for a Cowboys win - me being a Lions fan by birth, makes this a little more fun. :)

Meanwhile I'll also be cheering for the local team (Panthers).

It's always hard to judge these teams for one week, but I think I like BnB, Ref and Bamac's lineups.

I didn't realize we didn't need 2 RB's until I already had 2 RB's, so I skew those numbers a bit. I would have most likely grabbed 3 WR's or 2 TE's had I realized that.

- Josh Harris in the 7th was a steal. I would have taken him but in the event that Carolina loses, I wanted another keeper (don't think Harris would be a good keeper even if the Steelers win)

- Kerwynn Williams looks like he may be the lead back in AZ. Completely understandable pick.

- Dan Herron in the 2nd. Kard already stated why he took 2 backs, but this pick forced someone to take a back which may have gone undrafted.

- Trent Richardson. I vowed to never draft this pile of #### again, but he's done alright this year. Ok pick at the end of the 7th.

- Gio Bernard. another guy who could pay off, although I wonder if Jeaton missed the message about the flex too.

Poor Bass, stuck with Stepfan as his top back. Waiting until the 8th means he found value elsewhere, but that's a gaping hole. Best set of WRs and TEs though.

Seems we worked the same strategy. You have to hope for a Cowboys win - me being a Lions fan by birth, makes this a little more fun. :)

It's always hard to judge these teams for one week, but I think I like BnB, Ref and Bamac's lineups.
I knew about the flex but felt like Gio was BPA. Of course I wasn't aware Gresham was banged up and I wouldn't have gone Murray had I known Suh was going to win his appeal. Since when do players ever win an appeal these days? All said my draft was a disaster.

I knew about the flex but felt like Gio was BPA. Of course I wasn't aware Gresham was banged up and I wouldn't have gone Murray had I known Suh was going to win his appeal. Since when do players ever win an appeal these days? All said my draft was a disaster.
couldn't have known that, but I would have scooped him at 1.04 regardless, had he fallen.

couldn't have known that, but I would have scooped him at 1.04 regardless, had he fallen.
Murray and Dez were my top two picks on the board. I know this statement will come back and bite me, but Holloway taking Luck at number one was a gift.

I didn't take RB in the 6th/7th because if I was going to be stuck with a pile of #### (Richardson), I wasn't going to burn an early pick. Taylor is pretty much Richardson in a different jersey.

1.3 Very happy with Dez. If you believe Vegas, Dallas is the most likely to advance.

2.6 Didn't realize AJ had a concussion when I took him. Still seems like good value here. Old Mil rolled the dice on Bell which helped push him down. Was targeting Olsen here.

3.3 Seemed like a dead spot in the draft. Figured I'd lock up a TE that could be kept. I'm assuming Gronk will be gone by my pick next draft. Adding GB and Sea to the draft pot doesn't help the TE situation next draft.

4.6 Really wanted Floyd here and Stewart would have been a nice consolation. Both represented huge value. Once they were gone I was in a pickle. The guys behind me already had QBs. Daniels was a safe play and put a dent in the TE pool. Someone like Sanu or Fitz will score more but have a higher bust potential.

5.3 QB strategy was musical chairs. Grab one before you are left standing with Lindley. I was fine with any of the 7 guys.

6/7/8 Rolled the dice on Williams and then Harris surviving a bit longer. When that didn't happen grabbed Dodd's best K and D. Taylor should get 8-10 carries so we'll see what he does with those.

I'm all in on four playoff teams from four different games. There's a chance that I end up with no keepers which would end any shot of winning this.

3.3 Seemed like a dead spot in the draft. Figured I'd lock up a TE that could be kept. I'm assuming Gronk will be gone by my pick next draft. Adding GB and Sea to the draft pot doesn't help the TE situation next draft.

5.3 QB strategy was musical chairs. Grab one before you are left standing with Lindley. I was fine with any of the 7 guys.
Yep, felt completely the same way on qb. With you and kard on birth sides, I knew I could wait until Flacco or Dalton were taken. I wouldn't have waited much longer though as Flacco has the higher floor and actually shows up in prime time. Even Lindley wouldn't have been a horrible strategy though as you could wait until the 8th.

For TE, there were only 3 I'd feel ok with. Olsen, Witten and miller.

Despite what Vegas might say about Dallas, I actually think the Lions pull it off. would rather bet on the Panthers and steelers, which obviously I did.

My strategy was simple, it was just for the wrong starting lineup :)

1.05 - Thinking we needed two starting RB's, I figured best to have 1 starter and then pray on the second. Hill was best available, and really beyond Murray, there's no one truly exciting I don't think.

2.04 - I like Herron here since it guarantees me an RB keeper for next week. Had I known 2 TE's were possible, I might have grabbed Olsen here. I figured #2-#7 TE were pretty close, so as long as I got one of those, I would have been happy (and if only 8 were drafted, I would have). No one else really excited me though, so Herron probably would have been the pick either way.

3.05 - Was between Benjamin and Golden Tate here, but figured better to go with the team's #1 WR than their #2 in the playoffs.

4.04 - Here I was deciding between getting a combo of Flacco/Beasley or Floyd/Lindley - figured the upside on Floyd combined with a guaranteed WR keeper was hopefully enough to overcome the downside of Lindley vs. Flacco, especially given that there's a reasonable chance Pittsburgh holds Flacco down. Had I known folks could draft 2 TE's, Daniels would have been in the mix for this one too.

5.05 - Panthers over Ebron - this is a hedge on Lindley getting annihilated by the Panthers. Also Ebron might be good next year, but he's not exactly tearing it up.

6.04 - Carlson vs. a kicker - figure the kickers are all crapshoots, so might as well pick a TE here. Thought about Escobar, but choose Carlson. May regret that.

7.05 - kicker - highest ranked

8.04 - Lindley - forced pick

All in all, a pretty no name squad. Going into the season, most of these guys were no names. Just hoping for no injuries and a fluke TD or 3. That and my keepers not getting hurt.

going in I was thinking about doubling up at TEwith the first two picks....I really wanted to have 2 of Witten, Olsen, Miller as I wanted the 2PPR flex advantage and felt in this format a TE having an even semi decent day might outscore a WR and be a huge advantage ......but I couldn't pass on Romo and then Hilton (knowing we had to start 2 WR) so that plan disappeared.....l could have probably had romo, and 2 of the TE's I wanted but the thought of keeping Romo and Hilton won out....later I really wanted to take Daniels....felt like I had to take Bell where I did...the Beasley pick was either him or rolling the dice on what INDY Wr I thought would get some love....beasley seemed safer....Wheaton kinda felt like a gift later.....rounding out with Tucker and DET DST seemed like a solid finish.....

Good news - I'll have a keeper as Flacco advances.

Bad news - Looking at the QB board in the next round he'll be a last round pick hence not worth keeping.

Good news - I'll have a keeper as Flacco advances.

Bad news - Looking at the QB board in the next round he'll be a last round pick hence not worth keeping.
I guess pickling smurf to hedge brown was a smart move after all. Not sure I'll keep him though.

BASSNBREW
Flacco, Joe BAL QB 25.75 11
Taylor, Stepfan ARI RB 0.50 4
Bryant, Dez DAL WR - 11
Green, A.J. CIN WR (O) - 4
Daniels, Owen BAL TE (P) 15.00 11
Witten, Jason DAL TE - 11
Bailey, Dan DAL PK - 11

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 9.00 4

JEATON6
Newton, Cam CAR QB 25.40 12
Bernard, Giovani CIN RB - 4
Murray, DeMarco DAL RB (P) - 11
Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR 4.90 12

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 6.10 4
Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE (Q) - 4
Prater, Matt DET PK - 9
Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def - 11

OLDMILWAUKEE
Stafford, Matthew DET QB - 9
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB (O) - 12
Richardson, Trent IND RB (Q) - 10
Johnson, Calvin DET WR (P) - 9
Williams, Terrance DAL WR - 11
Allen, Dwayne IND TE (P) - 10

Nugent, Mike CIN PK - 4
Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 6.00 12

KARDPLAYER
Lindley, Ryan ARI QB 10.10 4
Herron, Dan IND RB - 10
Hill, Jeremy CIN RB - 4
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR 7.30 12
Floyd, Michael ARI WR -0.20 4
Carlson, John ARI TE 8.50 4
Suisham, Shaun PIT PK 9.00 12
Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 15.00 12

BRO1NCOS
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB (P) 24.30 12
Forsett, Justin BAL RB 5.30 11
Williams, Kerwynn ARI RB 5.30 4
Bryant, Martavis PIT WR 17.70 12
Tate, Golden DET WR - 9
Ebron, Eric DET TE - 9

Gano, Graham CAR PK 9.00 12
Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - 10

STINKIN REF
Romo, Tony DAL QB (P) - 11
Bell, Joique DET RB - 9
Beasley, Cole DAL WR - 11
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR - 10

Wheaton, Markus PIT WR 11.60 12
Miller, Heath PIT TE (P) 19.60 12
Tucker, Justin BAL PK 12.00 11
Lions, Detroit DET Def - 9

BAMAC
Luck, Andrew IND QB - 10
Bush, Reggie DET RB - 9
Harris, Josh PIT RB 5.10 12
Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR - 4
Smith, Torrey BAL WR 10.80 11
Fleener, Coby IND TE - 10
Vinatieri, Adam IND PK - 10
Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def - 4

FUBAR
Dalton, Andy CIN QB - 4
Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 19.00 12
Brown, Antonio PIT WR 20.70 12
Nicks, Hakeem IND WR - 10
Smith, Steve BAL WR 15.10 11
Olsen, Greg CAR TE 9.70 12
Catanzaro, Chandler ARI PK 2.00 4
Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 11.00 11

Stinkin Ref (116.75 pts)

Bro1ncos (97.60 pts)

FUBAR (97.55 pts)

Kardplayer (90.50 pts)

jeaton6 (85.30 pts)

Bamac (83.10 pts)

bassnbrew (80.35 pts)

OldMilwaukee (79.75 pts)

Sounds good all.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!
I'm on board with this but nobody else has replied.

I do like people posting here instead of messaging me.

Let's go with times for the reveals.

The times will be deadlines - teams must post by the time listed or the next team can take draft priority (won't effect keepers).

Any objections?

BASSNBREWSTINKIN REF

Romo, Tony DAL QB (P) - 11

Bell, Joique DET RB - 9

Beasley, Cole DAL WR - 11

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR - 10

Wheaton, Markus PIT WR 11.60 12

Miller, Heath PIT TE (P) 19.60 12

Tucker, Justin BAL PK 12.00 11

Lions, Detroit DET Def - 9

why is my boy TY crossed out

Sounds good all.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!
I'm on board with this but nobody else has replied.

I do like people posting here instead of messaging me.

The times will be deadlines - teams must post by the time listed or the next team can take draft priority (won't effect keepers).

Any objections?
Nope. Looking forward to this. Lots of ways it could go.

Do we wipe the slate clean points wise after next week?

Post your keepers and draft slot by the time listed:

All times eastern standard. Monday.

Stinkin Ref (116.75 pts) - noon

Bro1ncos (97.60 pts) - 1pm

FUBAR (97.55 pts) - 2pm

Kardplayer (90.50 pts) - 3pm

jeaton6 (85.30 pts) - 4pm

Bamac (83.10 pts) - 5pm

bassnbrew (80.35 pts) - 6pm

OldMilwaukee (79.75 pts) - 7pm

When the team before you posts you can go.

If the team before you misses the deadline you can post.

Draft starts Tuesday, 11am est

Sounds good all.

Good for all?

Oh, and ROLL TIDE!
I'm on board with this but nobody else has replied.I do like people posting here instead of messaging me.

Any objections?
Nope. Looking forward to this. Lots of ways it could go.

Do we wipe the slate clean points wise after next week?
Yep.

First two weeks

championships week

SB

I'll keep:

Romo

Hilton

and I'll take draft slot 1.01

texted and pm'd broncos

Ill keep

Forsett

Pick 1.08

In between meetings so this is quick. Only want 1.08 if serpentine draft. If not serp then 1.02.

Please pm next

Herron/Benjamin and 1.02 for me

Summary

1.01 Stinkin' Ref (Romo/Hilton)

1.02 kardplayer (Herron/Benjamin)

1.06 FUBAR (Smith Sr., Olsen)

1.08 Bro1ncos (Forsett)

Ref - Looks like you are going to rebuild our IBL team.
:yes: will be two thirds of the way there as soon as I am allowed to pull the trigger
Kept - Luck and Hilton

1.1 Gronk

2.8 Baldwin

3.1 Blount

4.8 Seattle D

5.1 Haushaka

6.8 Turbin
wish I had Luck....I gots Romo instead.....

good chance both my keepers (Romo/Hilton) lose on the road this week and not excited about Romo in the cold at GB but for the price of a 7th/8th rounder I guess I have to roll with him....

you got at least one of the above right

Ref - Looks like you are going to rebuild our IBL team.
:yes: will be two thirds of the way there as soon as I am allowed to pull the trigger
Kept - Luck and Hilton

1.1 Gronk

2.8 Baldwin

3.1 Blount

4.8 Seattle D

5.1 Haushaka

6.8 Turbin
wish I had Luck....I gots Romo instead.....

good chance both my keepers (Romo/Hilton) lose on the road this week and not excited about Romo in the cold at GB but for the price of a 7th/8th rounder I guess I have to roll with him....

you got at least one of the above right
The kicker!

Honestly if you don't take the guy we assume you do, I'll kick myself for not taking 1.02, then come over and kick you.

Users who are viewing this thread