What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official SF 49ers 2015 thread *** Chip Kelly new HC (1 Viewer)

Wingnut

Footballguy
No sense in using the '14 thread any more.

First order of business is a new coach. <yawn>

This sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Harbaugh era over, so is the hope this team returns to elite status any time soon. York and Baalke think Harbs with his ego and need for control was the problem, but we will see over the next few years that their egos and need for control were the problem. They won the power battle but all they'll get out of it is being exposed. The real talent was Harbaugh, not Jed/Trent, and these two will lead their team back into the dormant state it was in for the 9 years that preceded Harbs. Screw you Jed and Trent, I hate to see the 49ers suck but will enjoy seeing you two fail.

The Harbaugh era over, so is the hope this team returns to elite status any time soon. York and Baalke think Harbs with his ego and need for control was the problem, but we will see over the next few years that their egos and need for control were the problem. They won the power battle but all they'll get out of it is being exposed. The real talent was Harbaugh, not Jed/Trent, and these two will lead their team back into the dormant state it was in for the 9 years that preceded Harbs. Screw you Jed and Trent, I hate to see the 49ers suck but will enjoy seeing you two fail.
Here is one less PSL sold.

Im with you on the bold. Those clowns don't deserve a winning franchise.

+1 #### them!!

JH is a proven winner, head coaches like this are difficult to find. How you let this guy walk is beyond me.

I'm a little over the top with my comments in here I know, but the way this all went south, with the implication coming from the front office that the HC was the problem, has had me annoyed for a month.

Yup, the reason for firing a HC is because you think you can find better. Well, there's nobody better on the market, and even if there was, they wouldn't want to work for those no talent recognizing ### clowns.

Firing Harbaugh will be one of the biggest regrets in franchise history. If I was York I would have fired Baalke and kept Harbaugh.

I'm a little over the top with my comments in here I know, but the way this all went south, with the implication coming from the front office that the HC was the problem, has had me annoyed for a month.
I love seeing passionate posts.

Me too. I'd spit in their faces if I was in front of them right now. They are completely destroying this franchise from the inside out.

If you told me after the NFC Championship game last season there was a strong chance SF finishes last in the division in 2015, I'd have thought you were crazy...

Now, I think they're prob the favorites to finish 4th next season in the NFC West. With JH still in charge I'd still have confidence, at this juncture I feel all hope is lost for the next few years :kicksrock:

I wonder why anyone should be surprised at this.
Its not as surprising as it is frustrating - had they posted another 11+ win season, Harbaugh wouldn't be going anywhere this off season IMO. The struggle became a huge distraction, and when the losses piled up it came to a head.

Its not as surprising as it is frustrating - had they posted another 11+ win season, Harbaugh wouldn't be going anywhere this off season IMO. The struggle became a huge distraction, and when the losses piled up it came to a head.
You forget the quote that even had he won the Super Bowl, he was a goner.

Doesn't much matter now though does it? What's done is done, and he is done in SF.

Doesn't much matter now though does it? What's done is done, and he is done in SF.
I posted in another thread that I predicted this would happen on a another forum years ago. Where I was wrong was that he would go to Dallas.

Lol, that would have been a classic JJ move.
It still can happen if Dallas implodes in the post season:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/28/49ers-harbaugh-mutually-agree-to-part-ways/

Per a league source, the mutual parting makes Harbaugh free and clear to take any other job, including another NFL job, with no compensation to the 49ers. So despite multiple, persistent reports that Harbaugh would be traded, the two sides ultimately decided to walk away, with no strings attached and no further obligation. Basically, they’ve wiped out the final year of his five-year contract.
The Michigan rumors may had forced this, so who knows at this point.

Not a 49er fan, but I really think people are overstating JH's effect. I think this team is good and unless you hire someone completely inept, I could see the 49ers challenging for the division next year. Does JH not take any of the responsibility for the 8-8 record this year?

I think this would be the best job for any coach to walk into. You just had a team completely underperform and go 8-8. The new coach will look golden if the team plays up to its standard.

Somebody better put the posters at the Webzone on suicide watch. Haven't checked over there, but usually when news like this breaks, their GoDaddy host breaks along with it.

Not a 49er fan, but I really think people are overstating JH's effect. I think this team is good and unless you hire someone completely inept, I could see the 49ers challenging for the division next year. Does JH not take any of the responsibility for the 8-8 record this year?

I think this would be the best job for any coach to walk into. You just had a team completely underperform and go 8-8. The new coach will look golden if the team plays up to its standard.
You need to go back to when they fired Mooch.

I bet Pete Carroll isn't at all surprised by this. Scot McBoozin' probably has filled him in on how dysfunctional the Yorks are, and they put feelers out on him while he was at USC, to which he was "flattered" by them, but there was no way in hell he would leave USC to go there, despite he being growing up as a fan of the 49ers, and worked there under Seifert as a DC.

Of course, this was before he left USC, and before the crap hit the fan there, lol.

Maybe the rumours of McBoozin' may had been overstated as a sort of smear campaign to oust him. Maybe the 49ers had some real dirt on McBoozin' (where art thou Gordon Gekko?) to force him to resign weeks before the 2010 draft to get lapdog Trent Baalke in there. Mike Singletary had to step on Baalke that draft so he wouldn't get cute with it. All the signs point to it being a Sing/McBoozin' draft anyway, no question.

When I saw Carroll shake hands with Harbaugh the past game, I was thinking Carroll saying to Harbaugh "Get out now while you can. Scot told me all about them". Harbaugh in his first stint as an NFL head coach is way more successful than Carroll's stints were with two East Coast teams, with a better record in the four years with the 49ers than Carroll had with NYJ and NE combined. Not taking away anything from what Carroll is doing now, but even he had to reboot with a big time NCAA football program to get back into the NFL.

Somewhere, Scot McGloughan is sitting with a club soda in hand, remembering how he had to fire Mike Nolan - the guy who brought him in as Director of Personnel after the Yorks promoted him to GM - watching his former backstabbing scout in Trent Baalke blow draft after draft, while making it easier for Seattle's own front office to counter.

How sweet the taste of club soda is.

Per Schefter tweet:

Shapes up as busy bye week for Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, Broncos OC Adam Gase, amongst others. This is the week that coordinators on teams with a bye are allowed to interview with teams that have bye weeks, and those three coordinators are expected to receive requests to interview with teams making head-coaching changes, per sources. San Francisco is likely to come calling on each, and it has ties to all three. Quinn and Gase each served as quality control coaches for the 49ers, Quinn under former San Francisco head coaches Steve Mariucci and Jim Mora, and Gase under former 49ers head coach Mike Nolan. And McDaniels interviewed for the 49ers head coaching in the past. McDaniels, Quinn and Gase will be three of the hottest names out there, though far from the only ones.

Please, not a defensive coach. We need an offensive mind. Gase is intriguing, although not sure what he brings since Peyton is the real OC in Denver, and he doesnt have a ton of coaching experience in the NFL. McDaniels is also interesting, even with his unsuccessful stint as HC in Denver, but he's proven as an OC and is a Belichick disciple...Quinn - pass.

If I had to pick between the 3, I'd go with McDaniels. Tons of NFL experience, has been a HC, has studied under Belichick for years, and has super bowl experience (3 rings).

His experience with NE alone:

McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001 as a personnel assistant. From 2002 to 2003, he served as a defensive coaching assistant for the team, working with the defensive backs in 2003. In 2004, he became the team's quarterbacks coach. McDaniels was with the New England Patriots for all three of their Super Bowl championships, Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005. After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

In the 2007 season, with McDaniels at the helm of the offense, the Patriots set NFL records, scoring 75 touchdowns (67 on offense, 50 passing and 17 rushing) and 589 points, leading to rumors that McDaniels might leave the Patriots for a head coaching job. McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration, however, during the Patriots' January 2008 playoff run. Shortly after the Patriots' loss in Super Bowl XLII, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick gave McDaniels a five-page typed report on what it takes to be an effective head coach and run a winning organization, which McDaniels termed "his bible." Throughout the 2008 season, the two would meet to discuss the report and allow McDaniels to ask non-coaching questions that he brought to later head coaching interviews.

Starting quarterback Tom Brady suffered a season-ending injury in Week 1 of the 2008 season. McDaniels directed the Matt Cassel-led Patriots' offense as the team finished the season with an 11-5 record.

Of course none of this means he would be something without Bill B and NEs talent, but IMO he might be the best candidate out there right now and has 13 years of NFL coaching experience.

Sorry Nut, but ya know drinking and reading the Webzone is like shooting heroin and taking an SAT exam, don't you?

Of course, while being a former writer for Niners Nation, I still am not as legendary as Dylan DeSimone, who posted how plyometrics has made Kaep the future at quarterback in the NFL. Then again, I don't post how what a 7th round draft pick means to the 49ers either.

Finish that sentence Nut. I am as drunk as you are, but I still see you in italics. Post an emoticon,, be done with it, and we'll have :coffee: in a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread