What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeagueSafe Withdrawls (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I started to withdrawal my money from LeagueSafe and now they are asking for ID over and above just signing in. When did they start doing this? Also, they require a color copy of my drivers license number...WTF? I don't like sharing my DL info with the internet :) They didn't do this the last time I withdrew money. Why isn't just being signed in good enough?

Step 2: Identity Verification

Security is LeagueSafe's top priority. In order to protect your account and the integrity of your withdrawal, we need to verify that this account belongs to you. Please complete the ID Verification steps below to continue.

Edited: Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I withdrew over $1000 (Paper Check) and I didn't have a security question attached to my account. I went in after the fact to add a security question. I submitted a ticket to LeagueSafe asking them to clarify the reason for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the extra security is a good thing, but a little over the top imo (having to upload a picture of your DL #). People should protect their accounts by protecting their passwords.

Yeah I just took something back to Bestbuy. It was $33. They wanted to copy my CDL and I wouldn't let them. Still have the item and will never walk in there again to buy anything.

Yeah I just took something back to Bestbuy. It was $33. They wanted to copy my CDL and I wouldn't let them. Still have the item and will never walk in there again to buy anything.
Big difference is that LeagueSafe is ostensibly requiring identification to protect the consumer, while Best Buy is ostensibly requiring identification to protect themselves.

Big difference is that LeagueSafe is ostensibly requiring identification to protect the consumer, while Best Buy is ostensibly requiring identification to protect themselves.
On second thought, I guess it is minor inconvenience to protect my account as long as they don't share my DL info with anyone else.

On second thought, I guess it is minor inconvenience to protect my account as long as they don't share my DL info with anyone else.
What safeguards are in place to ensure this doesn't happen?

Man, I am just glad I play in 3 leagues with friends. It sure seems like it is getting hard nowadays to know you are going to get paid. No wonder why the daily stuff is going to do well. For guys like me, we continue to play in our long standing leagues where the $$$ is small potatoes and for guys that need security of something like LeagueSafe because they play in random leagues, they will likely migrate to those daily sites.

Really no different than showing it at a store anywhere.

Here is the what I cut and pasted from the email sent after verification.

We have successfully verified your identity. This was a one-time process, and you are now a verified user in our system. We thank you for your patience throughout this process. You may now withdraw your winnings.

Today's safeguards are tomorrow's apologies. The DL images will probably be stolen from both BB and LeagueSafe.

We have successfully verified your identity. This was a one-time process, and you are now a verified user in our system. We thank you for your patience throughout this process. You may now withdraw your winnings.
The link isn't working. I'll need your email address and password to properly verify what you're saying.

The link isn't working. I'll need your email address and password to properly verify what you're saying.
And your Drivers License number. Don't worry, we won't share it with anybody else.

It's been awhile since I played, but I remember poker sites requiring your DL to withdraw money... and that was 10 years ago. This doesn't surprise me much.

I just withdrew my $300 in winnings (less $2 for the paper check option), and didn't have to send them a copy of my CDL. They did confirm my e-mail address, but that was all. Pretty painless.

Maybe it has something to do with how recently you accessed the LeagueSafe website?

lol

I just withdrew my $300 in winnings (less $2 for the paper check option), and didn't have to send them a copy of my CDL. They did confirm my e-mail address, but that was all. Pretty painless.

Maybe it has something to do with how recently you accessed the LeagueSafe website?
You must have already done it once in the past, thus the reason why you don't have to do it a second time. I've gone to league safe several times this week, so that isn't the reason they requested the DL info. They did say I would only have to do it once.

And your Drivers License number. Don't worry, we won't share it with anybody else.
Drivers license number isn't that big of a deal. Now back in the 70s when Ky used to put your social security number as your drivers license number on your drivers license, that would be bad (and stupid) to give that to anyone.

You must have already done it once in the past, thus the reason why you don't have to do it a second time. I've gone to league safe several times this week, so that isn't the reason they requested the DL info. They did say I would only have to do it once.
I have never given LeagueSafe a copy of my driver's license. I used LeagueSafe before this season to pay for one of my leagues, but that's the last time I logged in.

I have never given LeagueSafe a copy of my driver's license. I used LeagueSafe before this season to pay for one of my leagues, but that's the last time I logged in.
Obviously it has changed, because I've also taken money out in the past without having to do this. LS said it's a one time thing.

Edited: Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I withdrew over $1000 (Paper Check) and I didn't have a security question attached to my account. I went in after the fact to add a security question. I submitted a ticket to LeagueSafe asking them to clarify the reason for this.

Obviously it has changed, because I've also taken money out in the past without having to do this. LS said it's a one time thing.Edited: Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I withdrew over $1000 (Paper Check) and I didn't have a security question attached to my account. I went in after the fact to add a security question. I submitted a ticket to LeagueSafe asking them to clarify the reason for this.
I do have a security question associated with my account, so you might be on to something there. I wasn't asked my question, however.

ROCKET said:
What to all the deadbeats who lost their licenses do?
Gov or state issued ID was an option, so was passport. It had to have something to do with the large amount I withdrew.

Best Buy does that to deter thieves. Home Depot does it too, now, since thieves rob from construction sites and drive straight to HD with the loot. BB is a fine store, really. Yes, it's more expensive than online but you can get stuff you need right away. And for years BB was scammed by horrible customers who completely abused the Returns policy, to the point BB now compiles a database of these scammers and refuses to sell to them.

I don't see how anyone could use just your drivers license info for malicious purposes.
Name, address, your likeness and all that much easier to get ur SSN
Not really
do explain
I don't see how that can make getting your SSN easier, please explain.
Take a look at all the info that's on your DL

Name, Address, DL Number, Date a Birth, Sex, Ht, Eye Color and even some have a copy of your signature. Only important piece missing is city that you were born in and I bet on over 25% of the DLs being sent to LeagueSafe the City in the address is the same as the one they were born in.

still don't think someone get a copy of a SSN and/or Birth Cert with all that information...

Heres a little tidbit, I'm a part timer in the ANG and during one drill they wanted (was not required) to sign up for a new family services thingy. Well this sign up sheet wanted everything including our SSNs and a good part of us balked at that as there was no need for a family services to have a member's SSN. Sure enough 4 months later the letter came in the mail.

"A laptop containing roughly 500 members' SSN has been misplaced and/or stolen, please be aware and monitor all accounts and credit scores. We apologize bluh bluh bluh."

I don't see how anyone could use just your drivers license info for malicious purposes.
Not really
do explain

Name, Address, DL Number, Date a Birth, Sex, Ht, Eye Color and even some have a copy of your signature. Only important piece missing is city that you were born in and I bet on over 25% of the DLs being sent to LeagueSafe the City in the address is the same as the one they were born in.

still don't think someone get a copy of a SSN and/or Birth Cert with all that information...
Well, my city of birth is certainly different.

Just pulled this from the official Social Security Website. You have to meet a lot of requirements to get a SSN and I'm not worried about just a Drivers License.

Learn What Documents You Need To Get A Social Security Card Original Card for a U.S. Born Adult (Age 12 or Older)ImportantAll documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. We also cannot accept a receipt showing you applied for the document.

Get a certified copy of a document showing a birth, marriage or divorce that took place in the U.S.
What original documents do I need?Citizenship

We can accept only certain documents as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include a U.S. birth certificate or a U.S. passport.

You must present your birth certificate. If one exists, you must submit it. If a birth certificate does not exist, we may be able to accept your:

• Religious record made before the age of 5 showing your date of birth;
  • U.S. hospital record of your birth; or
  • U.S. passport.
Anyone age 12 or older requesting an original Social Security number must appear in person for an interview. We will ask for evidence to show you do not have a Social Security number. Here are examples of documents you can use to prove a Social Security number was never assigned:

• If you lived outside the United States for an extended period, a current or previous passport, school and/or employment records, and any other record that would show long-term residence outside the United States could be used to show you do not have a Social Security number.
  • If you have lived in the United States and you are applying for an original Social Security number, we may ask you for information about the schools you attended or we may ask you to provide copies of tax records that would show you were never assigned a Social Security number.
Identity

We can accept only certain documents as proof of identity. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age) and preferably a recent photograph. For example, as proof of identity Social Security must see your:

• U.S. driver's license;
  • State-issued non-driver identification card; or
  • U.S. passport.
If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, we will ask to see other documents, including:

• Employee identification card;
  • School identification card;
  • Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); or
  • U.S. military identification card.

Really no different than showing it at a store anywhere.
Other than the fact that the liquor/grocery store isn't keeping a copy of your license when the cashier checks the birth date to make sure you're legal, then sure, no different at all.

Not really
do explain

Well, my city of birth is certainly different.

Just pulled this from the official Social Security Website. You have to meet a lot of requirements to get a SSN and I'm not worried about just a Drivers License.

Learn What Documents You Need To Get A Social Security CardOriginal Card for a U.S. Born Adult (Age 12 or Older)ImportantAll documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. We also cannot accept a receipt showing you applied for the document.

Get a certified copy of a document showing a birth, marriage or divorce that took place in the U.S.
What original documents do I need?Citizenship

We can accept only certain documents as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include a U.S. birth certificate or a U.S. passport.

You must present your birth certificate. If one exists, you must submit it. If a birth certificate does not exist, we may be able to accept your:

• Religious record made before the age of 5 showing your date of birth;
  • U.S. hospital record of your birth; or
  • U.S. passport.
Anyone age 12 or older requesting an original Social Security number must appear in person for an interview. We will ask for evidence to show you do not have a Social Security number. Here are examples of documents you can use to prove a Social Security number was never assigned:

• If you lived outside the United States for an extended period, a current or previous passport, school and/or employment records, and any other record that would show long-term residence outside the United States could be used to show you do not have a Social Security number.
  • If you have lived in the United States and you are applying for an original Social Security number, we may ask you for information about the schools you attended or we may ask you to provide copies of tax records that would show you were never assigned a Social Security number.
Identity

We can accept only certain documents as proof of identity. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age) and preferably a recent photograph. For example, as proof of identity Social Security must see your:

• U.S. driver's license;
  • State-issued non-driver identification card; or
  • U.S. passport.
If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, we will ask to see other documents, including:

• Employee identification card;
  • School identification card;
  • Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); or
  • U.S. military identification card.
yup, that's how its 'supposed' to work

My league doesn't use LeagueSafe, but a friend of mine uses it for his league. I'm not crazy about it, especially since we're only talking about holding $500 total, but if it makes him feel better, whatever. As long as my check comes, I'm fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread