What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

Team A gave up Antonio Brown, 2.05

Team B gave up Brandin Cooks, 1.01

12 team ppr; QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Team A thinking? That is a head scratcher in my opinion?
That trade was offered to me out of the blue after getting a few offers for Maclin involving Patterson coming back to me - which I didn't particularly like. My only hesitation in accepting this one was that I also own Foster and would like to trade him this offseason and not having Blue to package with him would make it more difficult to do so. But I like Andre Williams enough that it wasn't worth losing the deal over trying to swap out Blue (who other than being a handcuff to Foster, for now, I'm not very high on).

I'm a little surprised the "Team A" owner has gotten so much flack here though since Maclin was pretty outstanding this season and I fully expect he'll be signed to return to Philly.

ETA: I was not involved in the second deal posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

Not sure why the Brown side had to give up a pick in the deal.
I'm a big Cooks fan so I don't think its that outrageous that the guy had to add a second to make it work. I think with two potential stud RBs coming out (and with the current dynasty RB landscape looking pretty barren) the 1.01 holds a lot of value.

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

I'm a big Cooks fan so I don't think its that outrageous that the guy had to add a second to make it work. I think with two potential stud RBs coming out (and with the current dynasty RB landscape looking pretty barren) the 1.01 holds a lot of value.
one of the rare times we agree Doc, 1.01 is a sure fire RB1 and darn tough decision. Cooks is a great prospect. While I love Brown, that owner for more than enough in return

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Team A thinking? That is a head scratcher in my opinion?
the funny thing is he sends the most off the wall offers (favoring his side) and was touting Andre Williams as a stud to me a few days ago. I don't see a big difference between Maclin and Kelvin. Williams isn't a stud in PPR although apparently he caught 3 balls in the last game. His upside is Michael Turner because of no passing game chops but Giants have significant issues in the line and he may be second fiddle for next year to Jennings when healthy

M gave up Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR

A gave up Johnson, Charles MIN WR;Jones, Marvin CIN WR; Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick from A; Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from L;Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from P

Y gave up Johnson, Storm JAC RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Robinson, Denard JAC RB

G gave up Brown, John ARI WR; Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from G;Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from H;Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from S;Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from O

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

one of the rare times we agree Doc, 1.01 is a sure fire RB1 and darn tough decision. Cooks is a great prospect. While I love Brown, that owner for more than enough in return
Fair enough. In "start 2RB" formats, I definitely see the value.

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

I was the side dealing Brown. I see where you're coming from, but I'm pretty high on Cooks, and would take him late 2nd in a startup. So to me this was like trading a 1st for a couple 2nds in startup. I didn't mind adding a rookie 2nd to get that done.

A gave up Johnson, Charles MIN WR;Jones, Marvin CIN WR; Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick from A; Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from L;Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from P
There are nice prospects there, but that's not enough for Sanders IMO. Unless M thinks Peyton is done.

G gave up Brown, John ARI WR; Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from G;Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from H;Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from S;Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from O
I'd take John Brown.

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

Since when is the 1.01 a sure fire number rb1? The last 2 guys that were pretty much the for sure 1.01 at running back haven't done that well. Ingram and Richardson. A rebuilding team would hope that Cooks or 1.01 would end up being Brown one day. If anything I believe they sold light on Brown

I think this could be a win/win if the team that got up Sanders is a serious title contender. I would take the side with the picks though if I had the roster space

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

Since when is the 1.01 a sure fire number rb1? The last 2 guys that were pretty much the for sure 1.01 at running back haven't done that well. Ingram and Richardson. A rebuilding team would hope that Cooks or 1.01 would end up being Brown one day. If anything I believe they sold light on Brown
What would Ingram and Richardson have to do with Gurley or Gordon's career projection? Are Andrew Luck and EJ Manuel the same because they're the first QB's taken in their respective draft classes? Treat every prospect independently or you miss out due to bias.

tdmills said:
12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

What would Ingram and Richardson have to do with Gurley or Gordon's career projection? Are Andrew Luck and EJ Manuel the same because they're the first QB's taken in their respective draft classes? Treat every prospect independently or you miss out due to bias.
First off the Luck vs. Manuel is a horrible comparison. Richardson was supposed to be the best running back prospect since Peterson and now Gurley is, so to assume any prospect especially a running back is a sure thing isn't a winning strategy. Look at the landscape of rookie running backs recently. Things in the NFL are changing. Leveon Bell was the 4th or 5th best rookie back and now he is the best from that class. Sankey was the highest drafted running back in most rookie drafts this year. Now he would be a 3rd rounder behind about 6 or 7 other backs. Look at Richardson, Martin and Wilson from 2011. So, yes he sold Brown light who might be the number 1 receiver in dynasty right now.

tdmills said:
12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

First off the Luck vs. Manuel is a horrible comparison. Richardson was supposed to be the best running back prospect since Peterson and now Gurley is, so to assume any prospect especially a running back is a sure thing isn't a winning strategy. Look at the landscape of rookie running backs recently. Things in the NFL are changing. Leveon Bell was the 4th or 5th best rookie back and now he is the best from that class. Sankey was the highest drafted running back in most rookie drafts this year. Now he would be a 3rd rounder behind about 6 or 7 other backs. Look at Richardson, Martin and Wilson from 2011. So, yes he sold Brown light who might be the number 1 receiver in dynasty right now.
sankey is a horrible comparison and was taken by people who were desperate for RB help.You completely missed the point that was explained to you. Each prospect is completely different. Gordon & Gurley are special talents. Just because Richardson failed does not mean they will. Richardson got by with running blind behind the Bama OL and nobody could have anticipated how bad his vision actually is....

Insert "T-Rich" 4 years ago as a "special talent". Sometimes it just doesn't translate. This isn't to say these guys won't be successful or elite but the verbiage you're using right now is no different than what was used for T-Rich. If these guys miss then there will be people that come after you saying the same things about them that you are saying about T-Rich.

I can see it now:

Gordon ran behind the biggest O-Line in college against a really weak big ten. His ypc was inflated by gaping holes. He faltered against OSU.

Gurley was too injury prone and wasn't even the best RB on his team.

tdmills said:
12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

I didn't and wouldn't use the terms "can't miss" or "sure fire" when it comes to evaluating prospects butmy point was that right now the 1.01 has tremendous value based on the potential of the two RBs vying for that draft slot. As an exercise try to come up with dynasty RB rankings of your own (or look at a list)...you'll be amazed at some of the guys that ar currently in the top 10, top 20, etc.

And like Richardson did Gordon and Gurley will keep their value even if they have productive, yet mediocre, rookis seasons like Richardon did. I saw Richardson go at 1.06 in a start up draft after his rookie season. So from a pure value standpoint, I don't see anything wrong with that trade (you'd also need to see Cooks as a top 20 WR to feel that way I guess). Could that trade backfire? Yes, of course it could, but if Gordon puts up a huge rookie season, my guess is that it's likely he foes before Antonio Brown is 2016 start up drafts.

We can agree to disagree. The fact is 1.01 is probably worth half of Brown. No one would take Cooks with 1.01. So the offer is very light and he had to throw a pick back

Add to the fact it is a start 1 rb and 3 wr league with PPR makes Brown even more valuable.

tdmills said:
12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

I'm not disputing the point of "a sure thing" for a RB. I'm disputing your point that because Trich/Ingram busted that any other top RB would bust. Again you bring up Sankey....he has nothing to do with the NFL production of Gordon or Gurley. Then you bring up L. Bell as proof to anything can happen at the RB position. In that case, couldn't Gordon or Gurley be the top RB if anything can happen?

I think you're overall premise is that investing/expecting top RB production is dangerous. I think that's valid and many people agree with you. However, I think that Le'veon Bell is extremely valuable right now because the amount of young, productive, 3 down RBs is extremely small. Therefore, I believe they're more valuable(just like Gronk or Graham) than the WR position. I think that's why this rookie RB class has some hope because most FF teams have holes at RB.

A couple today

Gave Golden Tate/2.09 for Kelvin Benjamin

gave 1.08/Justin Hunter for Lamar Miller (have Watkins, Alshon, Robinson, Benjamin, Decker, etc. But weak at RB)

We can agree to disagree. The fact is 1.01 is probably worth half of Brown. No one would take Cooks with 1.01. So the offer is very light and he had to throw a pick back

Add to the fact it is a start 1 rb and 3 wr league with PPR makes Brown even more valuable.
Would rather have Cooks/Cooper myself.

I am just curious and not asking to be mean. Would you prefer Cooper and Cooks over any single receiver in the NFL right now?

A couple today

gave 1.08/Justin Hunter for Lamar Miller (have Watkins, Alshon, Robinson, Benjamin, Decker, etc. But weak at RB)
The first one is pretty even to me, bur i think i would take Benjamib. I like Tate when Calvin isn't playing, when Calvin is playing he seems like a boom or bust wr3.

Second trade I am not sure yet, I haven't started studying up on the incoming class. If this class is as deep as last years I will take the pick side.

I am just curious and not asking to be mean. Would you prefer Cooper and Cooks over any single receiver in the NFL right now?
I've have Brown behind Dez, Julio, Green and DT and I wouldn't do that trade for any of them. I feel that Cooper can be as good as Antonio Brown and Cooks has WR1 potential, but obviously it's risky vs. the sure thing in Brown.

Superflex, Tiered PPR (.5/1/1.5) starts 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex 4 Flex RB/WR/TE

Some info that may help; going into this deal I had Ryan/Stafford/Big Ben/Alex Smith at QB, I made the playoffs this year and lost in the first round.

Gave:

Odell Beckham Jr

Matt Stafford
Heath Miller

Devy Pick 1.07 (Devy's have to be draft eligible the following year, so this year we can draft 2016 eligibles)

Received

Alshon Jeffery

Amari Cooper

Rookie Pick 1.05

Devy Pick 1.05

Devy Pick 1.11

My main guys now:

QB: Ryan/Big Ben/Smith

RB: Forte/Foster/Lamar Miller/Morris/Crowell/Gurley

WR: Jeffery/Cooper/Andre Johnson/Wallace/Decker/Jaelen Strong

TE: Julius/Donnell/Delanie

Picks coming this year: Rookie 1.05/7/8 Devy 1.05/11

Benjamin

Cardinals rbs in 2nd

solorca said:
A couple today

Benjamin

1.8 in 2nd

Superflex, Tiered PPR (.5/1/1.5) starts 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex 4 Flex RB/WR/TE

Some info that may help; going into this deal I had Ryan/Stafford/Big Ben/Alex Smith at QB, I made the playoffs this year and lost in the first round.

Gave:

Odell Beckham Jr

Matt Stafford

Heath Miller

Devy Pick 1.07 (Devy's have to be draft eligible the following year, so this year we can draft 2016 eligibles)

Received

Alshon Jeffery

Amari Cooper

Rookie Pick 1.05

Devy Pick 1.05

Devy Pick 1.11
Hmm, I'll take the ODB+Stafford side in a superflex. The way I see it:

Stafford (at worst) = Alshon ... (Stafford is worth more in 6pt pass TDs)

ODB >>> Amari Cooper & rest

Gave:

Odell Beckham Jr

Matt Stafford

Heath Miller

Received

Alshon Jeffery

Amari Cooper

Rookie Pick 1.05

Devy Pick 1.05

Devy Pick 1.11
Hmm, I'll take the ODB+Stafford side in a superflex. The way I see it:

Stafford (at worst) = Alshon ... (Stafford is worth more in 6pt pass TDs)

ODB >>> Amari Cooper & rest
It is hard to judge those devy picks because they are such a gamble. I think the Stafford side killed it.

Williams and Benjamin all-day.

I like Shorts and the picks in the 2nd deal. Just not sold on Ellington long-term.

I like Sanders, but that is a pretty good haul in my opinion.

Hmmm...not sure what to think about this one. I think I would take Brown and the picks. Just not sold on Denard long-term. I can see the Jags taking another RB or two. I love all the draft picks and rolling the dice late in drafts. I think a person that drafts well turns those late picks into gems (or uses them to trade up for a targeted player). One other worry is roster size. Having all these late picks, coupled with the rest of the teams picks, could really create strategy issues depending on who the team already has rostered. Maybe trade 2015 picks for 2016 picks.

12 team PPR, RWWWTFF.

I can see your point and these picks are never a sure thing, but I'm sold on Gordon or Gurley (and I see Gordon's value going sky-high after the Combine). And who is to say the guy that traded for the 1.01 doesn't sell for more picks or players (or both). I think teams with top 3 picks this year can really sell-high. There will be buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread