What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (2 Viewers)

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5PPR - Not Involved

Team A trades: Andre Ellington, 2016 3rd

Team B trades: Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, 3.09
Same team ATeam A trades: Russell Wilson

Team C trades: Jordan Matthews
Same team A againTeam A trades: 1.10, 3.09, 2016 2nd, 2017 3rd

Team D trades: Devonte Freeman, Boom Herron

Must be optimistic about Boom Herron, and Freeman, otherwise I fail to see why
Is this guy purposely sabotaging his team or does he not understand player/pick values?

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5PPR - Not Involved

Team A trades: Andre Ellington, 2016 3rd

Team B trades: Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, 3.09
Same team ATeam A trades: Russell Wilson

Team C trades: Jordan Matthews
Same team A againTeam A trades: 1.10, 3.09, 2016 2nd, 2017 3rd

Team D trades: Devonte Freeman, Boom Herron

Must be optimistic about Boom Herron, and Freeman, otherwise I fail to see why
Is this guy purposely sabotaging his team or does he not understand player/pick values?
He's a perennial playoff contender and when I talk to him he knows his stuff very well. Usually doesn't consult others about trades, and is very independent on market valuation so I guess it makes some sense as to why the values are off.

Another trade in the same Superflex I posted previously (3 pt passing TD and 3.5 pts for every 100 passing yards).

Team A gave up:
Brown, John ARI WR

Team B gave up:
Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.03)

Another trade in the same Superflex I posted previously (3 pt passing TD and 3.5 pts for every 100 passing yards).

Team A gave up:

Brown, John ARI WR

Team B gave up:

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.03)
Seems pretty even to me.
Agreed. Especially if this years draft isn't as deep. Not completley sold on Brown, but he could end up being close to what TY is in Indy. Still a ways to go, but the potential is there.

Team A- Dez Bryant, Jared Abbredaris, pick 2.1

Team B- Jordan Matthews, Deandre Hopkins, picks 1.7, 1.8

12 team 1/2 ppr

12 team 1/2 ppr
I would go with Dez, but for a rebuilding team its not a terrible deal. Not sure why the team giving up Dez had to throw in a pick. It's too bad the picks this year were not a little better than 1.07 and 1.08.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks fair, I take Dez if I'm competing, I take side B if I'm rebuilding or if I have no wr depth. If Maclin leaves, Matthews value goes way up. If HOU can find a QB upgrade, Hopkins value increases.

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex

I traded: Julio Jones

Got: 1.04, 2016 1st (very likely top5 at worst), 2016 2nd (likely late? who knows), 2017 1st

I was a contender and this will likely knock me out of the playoffs unless I use these pieces for something else. Still set with my core WR's with Antonio Brown and Dez, although I'm lacking in the depth department with Charles Johnson, Martavis Bryant, James Jones, and Welker.

I have 2 1sts this year and 3 in 2016 now so lots of fire power to make some moves.

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex

I traded: Julio Jones

Got: 1.04, 2016 1st (very likely top5 at worst), 2016 2nd (likely late? who knows), 2017 1st

I was a contender and this will likely knock me out of the playoffs unless I use these pieces for something else. Still set with my core WR's with Antonio Brown and Dez, although I'm lacking in the depth department with Charles Johnson, Martavis Bryant, James Jones, and Welker.

I have 2 1sts this year and 3 in 2016 now so lots of fire power to make some moves.
I think I'd rather have kept Julio, but this could certainly work out if a couple of those picks hit. I think we need to really try and figure out if all of the amazing rookie WR production from this year is an aberration or a new trend. If it's the former, that could make this deal trouble as I think it has warped people's impression of the value of 1st round draft picks. We don't have to go back but a couple of years to find drafts where the majority of the 1st round was guys that didn't even end up being fantasy starters, much less studs.

If we're looking at a new trend where nine 1st rounders end up being studs every year instead of two or three, it could be a big hit.

12 team 1/2 ppr
I like the Mathews/Hopkins side of this, but if a team already had some depth and lacked top-tier players, I could easily see going the other way.

Another trade in a 12 team standard PPR league. John Brown seems to be a very hot item as of late.

Team A gave up:
Johnson, Andre HOU WR
Wright, Tim NEP TE

Team B gave up:
Brown, John ARI WR

Another trade in a 12 team standard PPR league. John Brown seems to be a very hot item as of late.

Team A gave up:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Wright, Tim NEP TE

Team B gave up:

Brown, John ARI WR
In my 8 team dispersal (12 team league) Brown went in 8th, Johnson in 12th so this doesn't surprise me.

Team A gave up:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Wright, Tim NEP TE

Team B gave up:

Brown, John ARI WR
In my 8 team dispersal (12 team league) Brown went in 8th, Johnson in 12th so this doesn't surprise me.
Andre Johnson has seen better days, but I am surprised his value has fallen this far (unless I am seriously underestimation John Brown, who I think is a dart throw PPR flex play at this point in his career).

What is the 1.2 worth if you're moving down to say 1.8/9? What other pick(s) make it equitable? 12-teamer
For trade advice please take this to the AC forum. This thread is supposed to be for completed trades only.
Get over yourself. Nothing wrong with trying to valuate players/picks in this thread, or any other trade thread.

I can't say the 1.02, I was looking to trade for the 1.02 (12 team league), guy wouldn't move the 1.02 and 2.03 for the 1.08 and 1.09. Ended up moving the 1.08 and 1.09 for the 1.04 and 2.04.

What is the 1.2 worth if you're moving down to say 1.8/9? What other pick(s) make it equitable? 12-teamer
For trade advice please take this to the AC forum. This thread is supposed to be for completed trades only.
Get over yourself. Nothing wrong with trying to valuate players/picks in this thread, or any other trade thread.

I can't say the 1.02, I was looking to trade for the 1.02 (12 team league), guy wouldn't move the 1.02 and 2.03 for the 1.08 and 1.09. Ended up moving the 1.08 and 1.09 for the 1.04 and 2.04.
I don't think he said anything wrong. If someone wants to answer (like you did) feel free. I think he was just trying to direct the person asking the question to the proper forum (to get more feedback). Your first sentence wasn't really necessary.

I don't think he said anything wrong. If someone wants to answer (like you did) feel free. I think he was just trying to direct the person asking the question to the proper forum (to get more feedback). Your first sentence wasn't really necessary.
His second sentence justified my first.

It happens every trade thread, someone asks a valuation question and is immediately told that isn't what this thread is about.

What I don't understand about a thread like this is who cares once the trade has happened? I get it that you're trying to gauge valuation, but you're doing so pre AND post trade. Why not just mesh both in here and have a tool for all dynasty trades. IMO it's no different than posting a top 12 list. All that is is a pre-draft valuation tool. $0.02

Get over yourself. Nothing wrong with trying to valuate players/picks in this thread, or any other trade thread.I can't say the 1.02, I was looking to trade for the 1.02 (12 team league), guy wouldn't move the 1.02 and 2.03 for the 1.08 and 1.09. Ended up moving the 1.08 and 1.09 for the 1.04 and 2.04.
It happens every trade thread, someone asks a valuation question and is immediately told that isn't what this thread is about.
No, it doesn't happen for every trade here, puleeze. That discussion is expected and wanted. But he did not have a completed trade, he was asking advice for his team (as he is new to dynasty) and asking for help in advance does not belong in this thread (and hasn't in any of the similar threads started over the last five years).

What I don't understand about a thread like this is who cares once the trade has happened? I get it that you're trying to gauge valuation, but you're doing so pre AND post trade. Why not just mesh both in here and have a tool for all dynasty trades. IMO it's no different than posting a top 12 list. All that is is a pre-draft valuation tool. $0.02
The point is to get player values. You get that from seeing completed trades, not trades that some people are thinking about offering, which rarely actually happen because they're usually valuing things slanted towards their own players.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:
The point is to get player values. You get that from seeing completed trades, not trades that some people are thinking about offering, which rarely actually happen because they're usually valuing things slanted towards their own players.
Okay, let me rephrase my post:

Team A gave up 1.2

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?

Denver724 said:
lardonastick said:
Non PPR, Start 1-2-3-1-1flex

Ryan Mathews

for

I'm no Matthews fan by any means, but I think I would take Matthews and 2.11 in that deal.
Isn't Mathews an UFA this year? That could be a monster steal if he ends up in somewhere like Indy or Dallas. Super cheap.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:

Team A gave up 1.2

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?
Personally I question every "trade" you post and refuse to give my opinion

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:
Okay, let me rephrase my post: Team A gave up 1.2

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?
It's horrible.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:

Team A gave up 1.2

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?
You're kidding yourself if you think many of these trades in here aren't exactly the same thing.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?
It's horrible.
Agreed. Nobody would take that deal. To get 1.02 you have to probably offer 2 1sts and a 2nd (depending on where the 1sts are). That may not even be enough.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?
It's horrible.
Agreed. Nobody would take that deal. To get 1.02 you have to probably offer 2 1sts and a 2nd (depending on where the 1sts are). That may not even be enough.
X2

Team A gave up:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Wright, Tim NEP TE

Team B gave up:

Brown, John ARI WR
Andre Johnson has seen better days, but I am surprised his value has fallen this far (unless I am seriously underestimation John Brown, who I think is a dart throw PPR flex play at this point in his career).
yeah, I must be missing something on John Brown myself.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:

Team A gave up 1.2

Team B gave up 1.8 & 3.8

How's that?
You're kidding yourself if you think many of these trades in here aren't exactly the same thing.
It's painfully obvious when you post a "trade" that you're looking for opinions on if you should do it or not. I'm not going to cause problems, and I'm sure there are people who will answer your questions but I won't be one of them. Post completed trades or go to the AC.

FreeBaGeL said:
pizzatyme said:
Right. There is a reason this is for completed trades only. It would be a mess if it wasnt.

Or if you want to gauge value just post a fake trade and you will get feedback. Wouldnt be the first time, and wont be the last.

It's painfully obvious when you post a "trade" that you're looking for opinions on if you should do it or not. I'm not going to cause problems, and I'm sure there are people who will answer your questions but I won't be one of them. Post completed trades or go to the AC.
This guy sounds like he knows less about FF than my wife, and my wife doesn't know the shape of a football.

This isn't the Dear Abby advice column in your local newspaper.

Gave: D. Hopkins

Got: 1.01 and Kelce

My team one championship this year, now have the 1.01,1.02 and 1.12 in rookie draft. Still have Julio, Evans, Adams, M. Bryant and some other WR's to take Hopkins spot.

My team one championship this year, now have the 1.01,1.02 and 1.12 in rookie draft. Still have Julio, Evans, Adams, M. Bryant and some other WR's to take Hopkins spot.
Great trade for you. I can see why you're winning championships.

Salary cap league, I gave Allen Robinson for Isiah Crowell. Virtually identical salaries. I needed running backs but have a decent receiver crew. Other team is still solid at rb, could use the wr depth.

pizzatyme said:
JohnW1970 said:

Great trade for you. I can see why you're winning championships.
I can see why also.

Team A gives- Aaron Rogers

Team B gives- Stafford, Deandre Hopkins, pick 2.8.

1/2 ppr, 4pts for passing Tds.

Users who are viewing this thread