What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (3 Viewers)

i got a free 30 days of shudder cause i wanted to see "31". Came across a pretty cool horror movie that is entertaining so far. "The Furies"      Kind of like that movie "The Hunt" but basically the hunters are serial killers. I'm only 30 minutes in so could be wrong with premise, but so far so good

i got a free 30 days of shudder cause i wanted to see "31". Came across a pretty cool horror movie that is entertaining so far. "The Furies"      Kind of like that movie "The Hunt" but basically the hunters are serial killers. I'm only 30 minutes in so could be wrong with premise, but so far so good
May check that out. I was geeked that Joe Bob Briggs was returning for a new season last night. Sadly it wasn't on here. I am hoping it gets added today. 

Check out Daniel isn't real. It's on shudder and I enjoyed it.

I did enjoy the furies. The main girl running was spectacular!!!

I am not sure about the serial killer angle, did I miss something? I did not feel who the killers were was ever explained.

I also watched the remake of I spit on your grave which is on Amazon prime. I watched the whole thing but it is a very uncomfortable film. To rapey for me.

Just watched Sleep Tight, a Spanish film about a concierge/sociopath who stalks (understatement) one of the tenants in his building. I didn’t really have any expectations going into it, but I’d call it more suspense than horror overall and I did like it. 3.5/5

I did enjoy the furies. The main girl running was spectacular!!!

I am not sure about the serial killer angle, did I miss something? I did not feel who the killers were was ever explained.

I also watched the remake of I spit on your grave which is on Amazon prime. I watched the whole thing but it is a very uncomfortable film. To rapey for me.
yeah the I spit on your grave is a little tough. skip the first 20 minutes, then it gets fun when she gets revenge. 

and yeah the story did not do much explaining, but the little twist with the "Beauty and the beast" angle was a fun change to the usual story they do

Yeah, I agree with this review of that movie. V/H/S is still the king of found footage anthologies.
There are some interesting selections like Lake Mungo and Home Movie. I think I’ve seen maybe 45-50 of the top 100. Others I haven’t been able to locate, but I keep looking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My quarantine thing has been to go through the list linked below of supposedly every found footage movie (it's definitely not comprehensive) and fill in any I haven't seen which is about 50 movies.  I've added them to my watchlist.  There's another 20 or so that I cant find streaming anywhere.  

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls063914804/

So far, nothing great to share.  
I am surprised I have seen as many as I had.  

#61 is one that I have recommended to a handful of people.  Thought it was well done and used odd perspectives - ie police cameras, security footage, etc. 

I am surprised I have seen as many as I had.  

#61 is one that I have recommended to a handful of people.  Thought it was well done and used odd perspectives - ie police cameras, security footage, etc. 
Once you get to page four and five of this list, it starts to get very obscure, as in, "this was a video some guy uploaded to youtube and I'm counting it as a found footage movie" type of obscure.

On the first page, #83 Hangman is a good one one and relatively obscure.  

Delirium

This is a pretty bad frat boy/haunted house/murder movie. Lost my attention after about 20 minutes. 2/5

My quarantine thing has been to go through the list linked below of supposedly every found footage movie (it's definitely not comprehensive) and fill in any I haven't seen which is about 50 movies.  I've added them to my watchlist.  There's another 20 or so that I cant find streaming anywhere.  

Is that supposed to be in ranking order or random? 

After glancing at the list, some I like more than their ratings

v/h/s

as above so below

grave encounters

devils pass

Houses October built

the last exorcism 

the bay

the conspiracy

devils due

The Gallows II

Departure from the original found footage film and way worse. Dumb ending with some pure cheese CGI make this not really worth watching. 2/5

Watched the original Pet Semetary the other day, I completely forgot about the part with the sister with scoliosis or whatever, I think that was the scariest part to me when I was younger 

Dan Lambskin said:
Watched the original Pet Semetary the other day, I completely forgot about the part with the sister with scoliosis or whatever, I think that was the scariest part to me when I was younger 
There are very few movies or scenes that get to me to this day, and this is one of them.  I dread watching that movie because of those parts.  Cringe just thinking about it.  

Another one that sticks out for whatever reason is when Sam Neil's wife pops up in Event Horizon.  :shudders:

Dan Lambskin said:
same. HATE that scene. 

There are very few movies or scenes that get to me to this day, and this is one of them.  I dread watching that movie because of those parts.  Cringe just thinking about it.  

Another one that sticks out for whatever reason is when Sam Neil's wife pops up in Event Horizon.  :shudders:
The scene stuck with me but somehow I had disassociated it with that movie

wife was terrified of Event Horizon when we first saw it, that might be a good one to fire up with the kids

watched the Thing prequel with them tonight 

Aliens might be up next

would like to get more campy 80s horror going too, they’re 11 8 and 7 so try to avoid anything too gory or full of sex.  Older one I give more leeway on

might try Cameron’s Closet or Cats Eye soon, any other recommendations in that vein?

wife was terrified of Event Horizon when we first saw it, that might be a good one to fire up with the kids

Aliens might be up next

would like to get more campy 80s horror going too, they’re 11 8 and 7 so try to avoid anything too gory or full of sex.  Older one I give more leeway on

might try Cameron’s Closet or Cats Eye soon, any other recommendations in that vein?
Poltergeist?

Arachnophobia?  

Jaws?

Aliens might be up next

Your 11 year old would love The Lost Boys. Mild sex scene (no nudity). Other than that a great 80’s vampire flick, awesome soundtrack. Fun movie. 

A little bit of gore...but Silver Bullet is another fun 80’s werewolf flick. 

And if you want to really freak the 11 year old out.....pop on The Shining. 

Poltergeist?

Arachnophobia?  

Jaws?
Wife and 11 year old terrified of spiders but that one could work.  We’ve seen the others

Your 11 year old would love The Lost Boys. Mild sex scene (no nudity). Other than that a great 80’s vampire flick, awesome soundtrack. Fun movie. 

A little bit of gore...but Silver Bullet is another fun 80’s werewolf flick. 

And if you want to really freak the 11 year old out.....pop on The Shining. 
Yeah he wanted to watch Lost Boys recently I couldn’t remember how much sex was in it that kind could work too 

we watched Shining a few weeks ago :thumbup:

Scary stuff for kids, scarier than goosebumps but less scary that Hellraiser or something like that
As far as ll of them, I remember loving stuff like Critter and The Gate, but that's probably cheesy as hell now, and it looks like you have moved past that a bit with The Shining.  

When my son was ready for the next phase, I started mining as many of the pg-13 movies as I could find:  A Quiet Place, Sixth Sense, The Others, Tremors, The Ring, etc.. there is a ton out there that are scary and fun, but without the gore and T&A.   

As far as ll of them, I remember loving stuff like Critter and The Gate, but that's probably cheesy as hell now, and it looks like you have moved past that a bit with The Shining.  

When my son was ready for the next phase, I started mining as many of the pg-13 movies as I could find:  A Quiet Place, Sixth Sense, The Others, Tremors, The Ring, etc.. there is a ton out there that are scary and fun, but without the gore and T&A.   
Oh yeah critters is a good one

i let the oldest watch just about anything but yeah looking for stuff like above that we can all watch 

Anybody here had a chance to see The Lodge yet? (trailer)

I've heard good things, and the trailer looks promising, but want some first-hand advice.
I have not seen it yet, but I have seen that trailer before.. It is so weird because I told my wife this has a Goodnight Mommy feel to it. Sure enough it is the same director. The reviews are pretty mixed with a lot of them saying it is boring and wanting to be too much like Hereditary. It also is one of those critics like more than the audience type movies--so i tend to stay away. 

When I was 8 my dad let me watch any horror movie I wanted. Don’t let your kids grow up to be me.
:lol:

pretty much the same for me, but it’s not really a genre I’m into anymore 

oldest really likes them though, he’s seen most of the Halloween, Nightmare and Fridays

i was doing worse at 11 so I’m not too worried

Users who are viewing this thread