What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (2 Viewers)

Abominable on Amazon Prime was a fun watch. Great scene with one of my favorite scream queens naked being pulled through a small window in a way our bodies are not meant to bend.

Hellions

Another truly forgettable Halloween movie where the birth of the antichrist is even less exciting than Terminator II getting taken out by killer Ewoks. 2/5

Last edited by a moderator:
Abominable on Amazon Prime was a fun watch. Great scene with one of my favorite scream queens naked being pulled through a small window in a way our bodies are not meant to bend.
I got through the trailer for this, but watching the movie in it’s entirety seems unlikely.

That movie looks extraordinarily bad.........I might watch it tonight🤠

Edit..wait which one, 2006 or 2020?

Lol.  This thread is kinda funny.  Are there any good new horror movies? 

;)
Not new, but I watched some of The Cabin in the Woods last night.  Man they screwed up killing everyone and the ending basically saying the world is over.  That movie deserved some sequels.  

I guess they could do a prequel.  

Ryde 

It’s a movie about a sociopath who assumes a rideshare driver’s identity and goes on a killing spree. They leave the ending open for a sequel. They shouldn’t make it. 1.5/5

The Shed on Shudder was entertaining. Couple of bullied teenagers have a vampire trapped in the shed. They each have a different idea on what to do. fun stuff

Somnium

I’m about 32 minutes into the movie and it’s by far the worst of the recent lot I’ve watched. Avoid this steaming pile. 1/5 (I gave it a 1 for the score which isn’t bad)

So, I watched Host last week and found it quite entertaining.  For a movie shot entirely through Zoom, I was entertained.  Plus, it's shorter than an hour long, so you're not losing out on much of your life if you hate it.

I'd say 3.5/5.

So, I watched Host last week and found it quite entertaining.  For a movie shot entirely through Zoom, I was entertained.  Plus, it's shorter than an hour long, so you're not losing out on much of your life if you hate it.

I'd say 3.5/5.
I liked this one quite a bit. I thought it was pretty cool how the director had to direct them all through zoom. I also read that they were really tied to whatever special effects they could come up with in their various abodes. Pretty imaginative.

Watched The Wretched and enjoyed it. Not much new in terms of plot/storytelling, owes a lot to films like Fright Night and even Rear Window, but the directing and acting was solid. 

Also liked Pyewacket, pretty decent demon summoning horror that manages to stoy away from cheesiness. Both on Hulu.

Color out of space on Shudder was pretty good. I REALLY liked the intro, the narration as the camera goes through creepy woods really set the stage. I vaguely remember reading this short story and I do recall color being a large theme. I thought they did it well here but at times the lighting was to much. It almost seemed like I could tell they were on a set instead of on location. It may very well turn out they were on location but that is how it appeared to me. At times it was almost Wizard of Ozish.

It was a fun film worth watching. I do like Nick Cage and his over acting. He does not let us down and it's fantastic.

The Lighthouse.  They label it horror, I'd label it junk.   Just a terrible movie.  Never could figure out what the plot was and I'm not going to delve on it more than one more minute.  In the top 10 of worst movies watched in my life.

0-5.

Everyone needs to watch Sputnik. It’s Russian (subtitled). It’s like The Thing meets Alien meets ET and it’s really good. Nothing quite like it. 

The Lighthouse.  They label it horror, I'd label it junk.   Just a terrible movie.  Never could figure out what the plot was and I'm not going to delve on it more than one more minute.  In the top 10 of worst movies watched in my life.

0-5.
I enjoyed it more than you did as I liked the surreal, foreboding atmosphere, though I never need to see it again, which is a shame because The Witch is one of my favorite horror movies of the last decade and I was really looking forward to Egger's follow-up. 

Everyone needs to watch Sputnik. It’s Russian (subtitled). It’s like The Thing meets Alien meets ET and it’s really good. Nothing quite like it. 
Yes, hearing good things about this. On my short list. Carpenter's The Thing is one of my all time faves. 

Ok....last night we watched The Cleaning Lady on Amazon Prime.

Really creepy, very disturbing, well done.

3/5 stars

Color out of space on Shudder was pretty good. I REALLY liked the intro, the narration as the camera goes through creepy woods really set the stage. I vaguely remember reading this short story and I do recall color being a large theme. I thought they did it well here but at times the lighting was to much. It almost seemed like I could tell they were on a set instead of on location. It may very well turn out they were on location but that is how it appeared to me. At times it was almost Wizard of Ozish.

It was a fun film worth watching. I do like Nick Cage and his over acting. He does not let us down and it's fantastic.
Is it better than Mandy? Nick Cage was unbelievably bad in that movie imo. 

Is it better than Mandy? Nick Cage was unbelievably bad in that movie imo. 
I did like it better than Mandy but Nick Cage is Nick Cage. I feel like you know what your getting and he he doesn't disappoint. For me Nick Cage's acting is part of the charm.

I was looking through last night.  Have any of you seen Haunt on Shudder?  Trailer looked good.  
I saw it but it did not leave enough of an impression to remember if I liked it. I may have smoked to much that night but if I don't remember the flick I probably didn't like it.

KarmaPolice said:
Watching a bit of Nightbreed now.  :lmao:
Loved me some Nightbreed!! The directors cut where they show some more scenes of the monsters is awesome, but doesn't flow as well as the original one.

I know not really "horror" but I loved the Babysitter. Samara Weaving=== :wub: . Just a really fun movie. Part two was just released yesterday and it has pretty much everyone coming back (except Samara--booo!!). It is on the list to watch the weekend for sure. You probably have to see the first one to probably really appreciate the 2nd one I am guessing.

I was looking at an interesting list HERE to get ideas.  I think of their top 50, I haven't seen 15, so that might be a good start for some new stuff.  (mostly older movies).    Not sure how many are streaming though.  

Stay Out Stay Alive

Group of campers stumble across an abandoned mine in a once Native American occupied portion of Yosemite (should be all of it really). They find gold, Native American spirits get pissed, people die, greed ensues, and then comes stormy weather. 2/5

Got Shudder for my wife last night as Xfinity finally started offering it for 4.99 a month. You couldn't get it through the Playstation Network, so I was stuck before. 

Users who are viewing this thread