What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (4 Viewers)

7 Nights of Darkness

Found footage film about 6 contestants who can win a million dollars if they stay in an abandoned and known haunted Ohio asylum over a series of days (7 nights, get it). Skip it. It’s not so good. 2/5

Watched Anything for Jackson tonight on Shudder. Great, fun flick. Great blend of creeps, gore, and dark humor. Highly recommend. 

Never knew anything about Lucio Fulci (aka Louis Fuller) who directed The Beyond, which is the uncut original version of the same horror/pseudo-zombie movie titled Seven Doors of Death, but I clearly didn’t miss anything. Schlock would be a good way to describe this 1981 “southern gothic” movie as Roger Ebert did back in the day. The soundtrack is truly awful imo. 2.0 for effort. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Scanners 3. Awful. I enjoyed the original a lot and the second one was half decent. I never saw the third....now I know why.

I watched the remake of Queen of Black Magic on Shudder. Indonesian with subtitles. It was gory and fun but it took a bit to get there.

Got the 2 week Shudder trial. What are a couple of must see movies?
I just watched the Dark and the Wicked and enjoyed it.

I am a Joe Bob Last Drive in fan if your into that.

Satans Slaves was good.

I think Shudder may be my favorite channel. There is so much to watch on there. It really depends on what kind of horror you are into.

Watched SON last night.   Fairly decent.   Couple of good jump scares.   Nothing special.   6.5/10.

A couple of my foreign faves are on there I believe - Audition and A Tale of Two Sisters.   

Oh yeah - One Cut of the Dead as well.   For this one and Audition - if you haven't seen either I really have to stress sticking it out and getting past the first 30mins - the ride is well worth it.  

A couple of my foreign faves are on there I believe - Audition and A Tale of Two Sisters.   

Oh yeah - One Cut of the Dead as well.   For this one and Audition - if you haven't seen either I really have to stress sticking it out and getting past the first 30mins - the ride is well worth it.  
:thumbup:

Other than the movies that have been mentioned...

It Follows if you haven’t seen it yet

I really liked Summer of 84 

if you are into found footage type movies, The taking of Deborah Logan was good

I try and watch the original the original Carnival of Souls every few years. Available to watch right now on Amazon Prime and HBO Max among others.

Other than the movies that have been mentioned...

It Follows if you haven’t seen it yet

I really liked Summer of 84 

if you are into found footage type movies, The taking of Deborah Logan was good
I actually didn't care much for It Follows but really liked Deborah Logan.

I'll look into Summer of 84...thx!

I actually didn't care much for It Follows but really liked Deborah Logan.

I'll look into Summer of 84...thx!
Interesting.  I remember It Follows really scaring me.  

I've almost started Deborah Logan a couple times, but the impression that it will get to me, so I find an excuse to watch something else.  :scared:

I've almost started Deborah Logan a couple times, but the impression that it will get to me, so I find an excuse to watch something else.  :scared:
It follows was definitely creepy the first time. I don’t love it as a lot of people do but I think it is a very solid movie.

I love a good found footage movie (which unfortunately are getting harder to find) and Deborah Logan is one that stuck with me. I live the way the story unfolds and definitely has that building sense of dread.

One of my favorite found footage movies is on Amazon Prime...Grave Encounters which really freaked me out the first time I saw it.

Yeah, I really like found footage but good ones are hard to come by. Deborah Logan was really well done.
Some of my favorites in the genre, that maybe everyone hasn’t seen...

Grave Encounters (Prime video)

VHS (Prime)

Lake Mungo (Prime)

The Bay (HBO)

Hell House, LLC (Prime)

The Phoenix Incident (Prime)

The Conspiracy (Hoopla or Tubi with ads)

VHS (Prime)

Lake Mungo (Prime)

The Bay (HBO)

Hell House, LLC (Prime)

These are ones that I always pimp as well.  Just recently watched Hell House, and I really liked that one too.   Lake Mungo has been in my queue for awhile too, and I should check that out.  

Of course [rec] is near the top for me, but I don't think that is streaming anywhere.  

VHS (Prime)

Lake Mungo (Prime)

The Bay (HBO)

Hell House, LLC (Prime)

Just watched Lake Mungo.  Didn’t care for it all. Thought it was boring and not scary in the least.

Anyone see the [rec] sequels?   tempted to buy the bluray pack to have the original, but it looks like its only about $12 more for all 4.  

Anyone see the [rec] sequels?   tempted to buy the bluray pack to have the original, but it looks like its only about $12 more for all 4.  
I think that they are good enough to own. Besides the first rec, the one that takes place at a wedding is my favorite. Can’t remember which sequel.

If you want some free horror fun, get the Tubi app. I watch it on my smart TV, but I'm sure it'll work on any device. TONS of shlocky horror films for free - there are occasional commercial breaks. 

1BR

After watching the NXIVM documentaries, this horror movie wasn’t too much of a stretch. It’s about creepy mind control cult in an apartment complex who welcomes a new member. It even has a concerned parent like Catherine Oxenberg. 3.5/5

Just watched Lake Mungo.  Didn’t care for it all. Thought it was boring and not scary in the least.
I liked it because it was more about unraveling her issues than a paranormal activity-like predictable film, but it’s slow and not really as advertised. 

I liked it because it was more about unraveling her issues than a paranormal activity-like predictable film, but it’s slow and not really as advertised. 
The story had promise and could have been scary if they wanted to go that route but they didn't. I think a movie like this needs a payoff at the end to justify the slow build-up.   It just didn't have that for me.

Is anyone else subjected by their spouse or significant other to watch these horrendous paranormal movies, such as the conjuring, conjuring 2,3 4, 1000. Oh but hey, this one is based on a true story..just awful not to mention beyond stupid. 

My wife hates horror. Just be happy she wants to watch stuff with you that is mildly entertaining. Also, if it isn’t 20 seasons of a network show about doctors or cops count yourself blessed.

Watched Jakob's Wife last night.  I'm a big Barbara Crampton fan from Reanimator and From Beyond days.  Was a little disappointed in this one as it got good reviews for the most part.  Found it a bit slow, although it picked up the last half hour or so. 

Has anyone here ever had trouble with the shudder app sound not synching? It seems to be about 10 seconds off.

It is unwatchable for me right now and has been for four days. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but this has not corrected it. It happens on every show I try to watch on Shudder.

The Last Resort

The only positive things I can say about this movie are:

1. The play time is 1 hour and 16 minutes

2. There is a slight bit of skin

I’m gonna give this movie 1/5

I like It follows.  Different than most horror, but still good horror.

Deborah Logan, yes if the devil gets to you this will.  Did me but still watched twice, but I'm twisted.

I’m not sure if it was someone in here who recommended The Wolf of Snow Hollow or not. It goes back and forth between supernatural and serial killer the entire time and keeps you guessing until the end. Not sure if this should be in horror or just the regular movie thread, but it’s interesting, a little different/quirky, and I liked it. 3.5/5

Loved the first Conjuring as well. 2nd not as much.
That's where the series splits off from all the Annabelle movies and Conjuring 1 with the doll.  Other than the characters Ed and Lorraine Warren The Conjuring 2, The Nun and the new Conjuring coming out are kind of their own series without the doll.

The possessed doll horror theme is intriguing with the real Ed and Lorraine having a supposedly possessed Raggedy Ann doll and the original Robert the Doll both held in museums.  Robert the Doll story is pretty fascinating in it's own right whether the doll was really possessed or not and was likely the spark for the whole genre.  

That's where the series splits off from all the Annabelle movies and Conjuring 1 with the doll.  Other than the characters Ed and Lorraine Warren The Conjuring 2, The Nun and the new Conjuring coming out are kind of their own series without the doll.

The possessed doll horror theme is intriguing with the real Ed and Lorraine having a supposedly possessed Raggedy Ann doll and the original Robert the Doll both held in museums.  Robert the Doll story is pretty fascinating in it's own right whether the doll was really possessed or not and was likely the spark for the whole genre.  
I’ve seen it up close. It’s creepy af

Users who are viewing this thread