What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (2 Viewers)

Posted in movies thread about The Babadook already, but liked it. Simple, clever and not gory. Reminded me of the way Ghost Story was written without the star studded cast and large budget.

Just caught these two recently

Bloodworx- thought it was ok, worth a watch

The Town That Dreaded Sundown- also worth a watch.

Neither are great, but if you are like me and have seen way too many movies, maybe put em in your Q

The Babadook got great ratings and I'm betting most have never even heard of it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_babadook/
didn't realize this movie was already out.. ive been waiting to see this flick

if we are doing sci-fi horror gotta throw world war z in there with 28 days later

I like the first person type movies/found footage the most

vhs & grave encounters are must see's

sinister conjuring awesome movies

Annabelle wasn't bad

evil dead

cant forget poltergeist 1&2 3 not so much

I actually thought mama was a good movie

The Strangers

Wolf Creek

House of a 1000 Corpses

entertaining but not scary horror movies

you're next | Purge 2 | The Descent | Saw |Hostel | Wrong Turn | Hills have Eyes| Quarantine

Movies I want to see but cannot find online. [Rec] Babbadookie
Just saw they're "reimagining" Poltergeist due out in July 2015. :o http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029360/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just caught these two recently

Bloodworx- thought it was ok, worth a watch

The Town That Dreaded Sundown- also worth a watch.

Neither are great, but if you are like me and have seen way too many movies, maybe put em in your Q
are these on Netflix?

The Babadook got great ratings and I'm betting most have never even heard of it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_babadook/
didn't realize this movie was already out.. ive been waiting to see this flick

if we are doing sci-fi horror gotta throw world war z in there with 28 days later

I like the first person type movies/found footage the most

vhs & grave encounters are must see's

sinister conjuring awesome movies

Annabelle wasn't bad

evil dead

cant forget poltergeist 1&2 3 not so much

I actually thought mama was a good movie

The Strangers

Wolf Creek

House of a 1000 Corpses

entertaining but not scary horror movies

you're next | Purge 2 | The Descent | Saw |Hostel | Wrong Turn | Hills have Eyes| Quarantine

Movies I want to see but cannot find online. [Rec] Babbadookie
Just saw they're "reimagining" Poltergeist due out in July 2015. :o http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029360/?ref_=nv_sr_2
trailer looks good

The premis in Hellraiser was great.

Play with the box & you get either the ultimate in pleasure or the ultimate in pain.

I love the remakes. I see so many people say "the original is just so much better, nostalgia, blah blah blah".......do ya like the movie or not?

I am so glad I don't think about the original the entire time I see a remake and just enjoy what I am watching instead.

For example, the ROb Zombie remake of Halloween was excellent (2nd one was complete trash, but whatever). So it's not a classic like the originals, so what?? It never could be. I don't need it to be a classic to be excellent.
I love remakes when they are really good.

Halloween is a perfect example.

However seeing the remakes of:

The Fog

Nightmare On Elm Street

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Friday The 13th

Absolute money grab crapfests.

I don't mind remakes when they are truly trying to be great films in of themselves and not just going through the motions as an obvious cash grab. More often than not the remakes have been inferior. While some are good they don't hold up against the original. For example The Omen. It was decent...but not nearly as good as the original.

Some other remakes that were better than the originals

The Thing

I Spit On Your Grave

Last House On The Left

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers

Bram Stokers Dracula (the original Bella Lugosi is unwatchable today). I even liked Frank Langella's Dracula from 1979.
What about Nosferatu?

The thing about these old movies is you have to put yourself in the context of the time period to enjoy them.

Let the Right One In >>>> Let Me In
Not much of a subtitle guy, especially for the movies where it actually matters what is said.
different strokes and all, but IMO you miss out on the best the genre has to offer.
I have seen enough movies with subtitles to know that I just don't enjoy it nearly as much.

I mean, I know how to read any all, but for whatever reason I just don't enjoy them.

Some of the Japanese movies look fabulous, but I tried, and just isn't for me

Not much of a subtitle guy, especially for the movies where it actually matters what is said.
different strokes and all, but IMO you miss out on the best the genre has to offer.
I didn't get this movie at all. It was slow and 0% scary.
Fair enough, but horror <> scary.

What was the last horror movie that actually scared you?

Orphan

That creepy little biznatch

The Conjuring, Insidious and Sinister...all scared the living crap out of me.

I love the remakes. I see so many people say "the original is just so much better, nostalgia, blah blah blah".......do ya like the movie or not?

I am so glad I don't think about the original the entire time I see a remake and just enjoy what I am watching instead.

For example, the ROb Zombie remake of Halloween was excellent (2nd one was complete trash, but whatever). So it's not a classic like the originals, so what?? It never could be. I don't need it to be a classic to be excellent.
I love remakes when they are really good.Halloween is a perfect example.

The Fog

Nightmare On Elm Street

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Friday The 13th

I don't mind remakes when they are truly trying to be great films in of themselves and not just going through the motions as an obvious cash grab. More often than not the remakes have been inferior. While some are good they don't hold up against the original. For example The Omen. It was decent...but not nearly as good as the original.

The Thing

I Spit On Your Grave

Last House On The Left

Bram Stokers Dracula (the original Bella Lugosi is unwatchable today). I even liked Frank Langella's Dracula from 1979.
What about Nosferatu?

The thing about these old movies is you have to put yourself in the context of the time period to enjoy them.
I kind of. Kind of. Remember watching tis with my dad. Was this a silent film? I remember the visuals and recognize the rankings n iimdb

Sinister :shudder:

I love remakes when they are really good.Halloween is a perfect example.

The Fog

Nightmare On Elm Street

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Friday The 13th

The Thing

I Spit On Your Grave

Last House On The Left

What about Nosferatu?

I kind of. Kind of. Remember watching tis with my dad. Was this a silent film? I remember the visuals and recognize the rankings n iimdb
Yes. With this guy

Maybe the better question would be: What % of horror movies you watch actually scare you?

So many horror movies out there where the point really isn't to scare you.

I think Let the Right One In is a fantastic looking movie, is creepy, and has an amazing ending. Love it's take on the vampire genre. But no, it is not scary.

Looking through this list, and we can see that horror is as subjective as comedy, that is part of the fun.

Personally, when I watch a horror movie, I want it to scare me and make me afraid to sleep alone. For this reason, I was disappointed with The Ring. I felt it was more of a detective thriller than horror.

The only movie that comes to mind that I liked but wasn't scary was Troll Hunter. But I'm not sure that qualifies as horror.

Maybe the better question would be: What % of horror movies you watch actually scare you?

So many horror movies out there where the point really isn't to scare you.

I think Let the Right One In is a fantastic looking movie, is creepy, and has an amazing ending. Love it's take on the vampire genre. But no, it is not scary.

Looking through this list, and we can see that horror is as subjective as comedy, that is part of the fun.
I find atmosphere that you watch it in matters. Hard to get scared in a theater or watching on your couch with someone else / wile there's activity around you / the kids need something / etc.

Watching alone, in the dark, after everyone goes to bed, with headphones on - that's another story.

We watch horror films with all the lights turned off....always.

When I watch horror by myself it is with headphones in my den in complete darkness.

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
Todem said:
We watch horror films with all the lights turned off....always.

When I watch horror by myself it is with headphones in my den in complete darkness.
now that is cool! Also kind of creepy.

Caught the Conjuring yesterday. Pretty scary IMO.

Caught the Conjuring yesterday. Pretty scary IMO.
one of the better recent horror flicks

I was bigger into horror growing up (Friday, Elm Street) but lately have not gotten to see very much. I do have to say I'm surprised by no mention of Cabin in the Woods yet? Without spoiling anything the final act was bananas and tons of fun. (Maybe not horror-y enough for this crowd?)

I was bigger into horror growing up (Friday, Elm Street) but lately have not gotten to see very much. I do have to say I'm surprised by no mention of Cabin in the Woods yet? Without spoiling anything the final act was bananas and tons of fun. (Maybe not horror-y enough for this crowd?)
I do like a few horror/comedy like zombieland & shaun of the dead

Watched The Quiet Ones this weekend. Overall I didn't think it was very suspenseful and seemingly formulaic with a lot of predictability. Overall meh.

Casual horror fan here. I don't recall exactly how it happened, but I recently came across an advertisement or a website for a recent movie called The Orphan Killer.

From what I can tell from trailers and info, it looks like it's a terrible movie used as an excuse to push the limits of extreme brutality. I think it caught my attention, because of just how disturbing and disgusting it looked. It looked like Hostel on steroids.

It stuck with me though, because I think it disturbed me that much. Is anyone familiar with this movie? Has anyone seen it? It piqued my curiosity, so I guess it worked in that regard.

Casual horror fan here. I don't recall exactly how it happened, but I recently came across an advertisement or a website for a recent movie called The Orphan Killer.

From what I can tell from trailers and info, it looks like it's a terrible movie used as an excuse to push the limits of extreme brutality. I think it caught my attention, because of just how disturbing and disgusting it looked. It looked like Hostel on steroids.

It stuck with me though, because I think it disturbed me that much. Is anyone familiar with this movie? Has anyone seen it? It piqued my curiosity, so I guess it worked in that regard.
You've seen Martyrs right?

You've seen Martyrs right?
I just watched the trailer. I didn't want to sleeep tonight, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread