Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Todem

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Sinister is on Netflix. Ethan Hawke and snuff films. Seems to have potential. 

creepy and actually gets the heart racing. i watched it with headphones on in my dark living room late at night when everyone else was asleep and it got to me pretty good. sequel sucked a**

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the Phantasm movies except for #2 are on Prime now

Phantasm

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead

Phantasm IV: Oblivion

Phantasm: Ravager
 

you have to love Reggie!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Sinister is on Netflix. Ethan Hawke and snuff films. Seems to have potential. 

Very creepy movie. Highly recommended.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dutch said:

creepy and actually gets the heart racing. i watched it with headphones on in my dark living room late at night when everyone else was asleep and it got to me pretty good. sequel sucked a**

Evidently Blumhouse abandoned a third installment (for good reason). The original was pretty good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...we started The Audition last night but I was very tired. I got to the first date with the girl.

Tell me.....am I about to see some crazy S***? Feels like this is building to pure madness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Todem said:

So...we started The Audition last night but I was very tired. I got to the first date with the girl.

Tell me.....am I about to see some crazy S***? Feels like this is building to pure madness.

It takes a while, but yeah, it gets there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Todem said:

So...we started The Audition last night but I was very tired. I got to the first date with the girl.

Tell me.....am I about to see some crazy S***? Feels like this is building to pure madness.

Oh yeah - plug through the first 30mins - it's well worth it.  First 1/3 feels like a weird dreamy rom-com, but then it switches.  

Where are you watching this?  I would love to rewatch this one.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Oh yeah - plug through the first 30mins - it's well worth it.  First 1/3 feels like a weird dreamy rom-com, but then it switches.  

Where are you watching this?  I would love to rewatch this one.  

Shudder. Best channel ever made for horror fans. Well worth the monthly subscription. Their original content is also great. We watched The Witch in the Window. Great movie. Also Summer of 1984 another fun retro romp. 

Creepshow (The Series) and Joe Bob Briggs Late Night Drive-in....lot's of great movies and shows. Also live streaming channels on Shudder etc. Awesome App. 

Edited by Todem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it through The Lodge last night.  Liked it well enough.  Thought it was going to be predictable, kinda was, then kinda wasn't by the end.  Moody and atmospheric, but slogs at times in the middle.  3/5.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Sinister is on Netflix. Ethan Hawke and snuff films. Seems to have potential. 

I loved Sinister. I'll have to watch this and The Wailing again soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Todem said:

Shudder. Best channel ever made for horror fans. Well worth the monthly subscription. Their original content is also great. We watched The Witch in the Window. Great movie. Also Summer of 1984 another fun retro romp. 

Creepshow (The Series) and Joe Bob Briggs Late Night Drive-in....lot's of great movies and shows. Also live streaming channels on Shudder etc. Awesome App. 

I recently canceled shudder and really badmouthed them in social media. I am a huge horror fan and shudder would be a dream come true if it worked. Many of the shows they would advertise never showed up on my shudder. I got no Joe Bob Briggs other than 3 old episodes?

Their menu is horrible. At no time did I have a large menu to look at. I complained several times and received no help so I cancelled.

I am now learning that my problem may have been that I signed up through Amazon. I kind of get the excuse but Shudder needs to fix that or don't let Amazon distribute your stuff until they can get it right. 

I would be hard pressed to think of a service that has caused me more frustration than Shudder.

Having said that I love horror enough that I am sure I will give it another shot when I am back to work. I will try to sign up directly instead of through Amazon and see if that helps.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch If You Dare

It’s pretty gruesome for sure, but definitely not particularly interesting. It’s like a flesh fetish series of vignettes. 1.5/5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safari

Found footage of a group of Americans on a safari in South Africa who obviously didn't check out their tour guides on tripadvisor and they they get stranded. Has some pretty tense moments.  The threat here comes from the wildlife and they did a good job showing this on a limited budget. Found footage aspect makes it seem much more real in this case.    Solid found footage entry.  

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the Sinister talk in here I re watched that last night. It's a fun flick. I forgot about the kids doing the shhhh sign. Pretty creepy and when the movie first came out I used to do that to my kids for a laugh. Glad I re watched it. I never saw the second one but it sounds like I did not miss much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i 've been watching horror movies like crazy since the quarantine. i wouldn't say this is a horror movie per se, but still was an interesting movie. The Blackout Experiments is more of a documentary about the blackout horror houses in New York and LA. I went in kind of hoping to see more of what exactly what they are like, but still found it interesting when they interviewed and followed people who have attended the shows. 

Dudes who run seem ok from what i have seen. lot better than the guy who runs the McKaney manner or whatever who just seems like a creepy bully

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, modogg said:

i 've been watching horror movies like crazy since the quarantine. i wouldn't say this is a horror movie per se, but still was an interesting movie. The Blackout Experiments is more of a documentary about the blackout horror houses in New York and LA. I went in kind of hoping to see more of what exactly what they are like, but still found it interesting when they interviewed and followed people who have attended the shows. 

Dudes who run seem ok from what i have seen. lot better than the guy who runs the McKaney manner or whatever who just seems like a creepy bully

This is on prime video for anyone interested (like myself)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, modogg said:

i 've been watching horror movies like crazy since the quarantine. i wouldn't say this is a horror movie per se, but still was an interesting movie. The Blackout Experiments is more of a documentary about the blackout horror houses in New York and LA. I went in kind of hoping to see more of what exactly what they are like, but still found it interesting when they interviewed and followed people who have attended the shows. 

Dudes who run seem ok from what i have seen. lot better than the guy who runs the McKaney manner or whatever who just seems like a creepy bully

People sign up to be traumatized? I didn't know that stuff existed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

This is on prime video for anyone interested (like myself)

kind of a spoiler, but

was pretty crazy how one of the last things they did was go into the homes of the people who attended and basically told them they had to agree to never do Blackout again, and it seemed to effect some of them the most to have to say that. {/spoiler}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hereditary

Ugh. I've been dreading this movie ever since it came out, and for good reason. It's great, let's start with that. Much like director's other hit Midsommer, this movie established a creepiness beginning with the opening shot that never relents. Going into this, I was already a Toni Collette fan. But I don't think I've ever seen a horror film before where an actor so accurately shows horror and terror on their face. So I'm recommending the movie for sure with one caveat: if you're in a bad mental place, then avoid this movie. It's truly one of the darkest, most f***ed up things I've ever seen.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 5:07 AM, jdoggydogg said:

Hereditary

Ugh. I've been dreading this movie ever since it came out, and for good reason. It's great, let's start with that. Much like director's other hit Midsommer, this movie established a creepiness beginning with the opening shot that never relents. Going into this, I was already a Toni Collette fan. But I don't think I've ever seen a horror film before where an actor so accurately shows horror and terror on their face. So I'm recommending the movie for sure with one caveat: if you're in a bad mental place, then avoid this movie. It's truly one of the darkest, most f***ed up things I've ever seen.

Watched it. Not a big fan. I actually liked Midsomar more. Definitely dark and evil and creepy as hell. But something simply did not click with me on my first watch. 

Maybe I will watch again with a different perspective. 

In the meantime. We are watching the series Wolfcreek on Shudder. We were big fans of the the two films (especially the original). Just pure lunacy in the Australian Outback. We are on episode 5 and there is 6 total. And then on to season two. Only 2 seasons were made.

If you liked Wolfcreek.....you will like this.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Awoken

Brother can’t sleep and is on the verge of dying while sister with other doctors try to save him. And he’s apparently possessed by a demon. 2/5. Skip it. 

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Todem said:

Watched it. Not a big fan. I actually liked Midsomar more. Definitely dark and evil and creepy as hell. But something simply did not click with me on my first watch. 

Maybe I will watch again with a different perspective. 

I dig. Honestly, I think Hereditary is one of the best films I've seen in a couple years, regardless of genre. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:36 PM, prosopis said:

I recently canceled shudder and really badmouthed them in social media. I am a huge horror fan and shudder would be a dream come true if it worked. Many of the shows they would advertise never showed up on my shudder. I got no Joe Bob Briggs other than 3 old episodes?

Their menu is horrible. At no time did I have a large menu to look at. I complained several times and received no help so I cancelled.

I am now learning that my problem may have been that I signed up through Amazon. I kind of get the excuse but Shudder needs to fix that or don't let Amazon distribute your stuff until they can get it right. 

I would be hard pressed to think of a service that has caused me more frustration than Shudder.

Having said that I love horror enough that I am sure I will give it another shot when I am back to work. I will try to sign up directly instead of through Amazon and see if that helps.

good to know

ive been on the fence with this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

watched Vivarium a few days ago. pretty weird horror, mystery sci-fi

its worth a watch i wont spoil much about the details

3.5/5

Haven’t heard of this...will check it out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, modogg said:

i 've been watching horror movies like crazy since the quarantine. i wouldn't say this is a horror movie per se, but still was an interesting movie. The Blackout Experiments is more of a documentary about the blackout horror houses in New York and LA. I went in kind of hoping to see more of what exactly what they are like, but still found it interesting when they interviewed and followed people who have attended the shows. 

Dudes who run seem ok from what i have seen. lot better than the guy who runs the McKaney manner or whatever who just seems like a creepy bully

I watched this last night. I would disagree with you calling it about horror houses. That seemed more of psychological torture. When I think of horror houses I think of scary monsters jumping out at you as you walk through. Some more extreme than others but same basic premise. This was none of that. This was like being kidnapped by terrorists. 

I am wondering if this is a real thing. I have not looked it up yet but I will. I am not even clear if that was truly a documentary or was it a movie documentary like Blair Witch? I came close to turning it off a few times as I thought it was pretty average.

I will say that story about the girl stripping for him and then turning it around by crying and saying she didn't want to do it freaked me the #### out. Thats not right and probably would have messed with my head for many years. I do like how the story was told after seeing the act. When I first saw the naked girl crying I thought it was one of the clients and not an actress. That was the freakiest thing of the show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We watched all three Hell House flicks. 

We really liked the first one. A lot. Very well done found footage film. Probably the best I have seen in the genre besides Quarantine and Cloverfield. 

The second one had a great creep factor but the acting was atrocious to point of laughing. 

The third one wrapped up the story really nicely and was a nice rebound from part 2.

Overall good entertainment. Shudder has been a really nice departure for us during this lockdown. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Has anyone seen Lake Mungo? Saw a good review so I'll probably rent it...

Creepy movie. One of the better mockumentary style found footage movies out there. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scoresman said:

Creepy movie. One of the better mockumentary style found footage movies out there. 

On Shudder, Netflix or Amazon?

Watching The Canal tonight. Heard good things about that one. Irish import murder/supernatural!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Has anyone seen Lake Mungo? Saw a good review so I'll probably rent it...

 

21 hours ago, Scoresman said:

Creepy movie. One of the better mockumentary style found footage movies out there. 


I saw it a while ago and liked it. Definitely creepy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Todem said:

On Shudder, Netflix or Amazon?

Watching The Canal tonight. Heard good things about that one. Irish import murder/supernatural!

Another good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught “Ready or Not” today on HBO. 

Has a “Cabin in the Woods” vibe - though not as self-aware - and a fair bit of gory character endings. Not a true “horror” film imo, but worth 95 minutes if you have the time. 3.5/5. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Quint said:

Caught “Ready or Not” today on HBO. 

Has a “Cabin in the Woods” vibe - though not as self-aware - and a fair bit of gory character endings. Not a true “horror” film imo, but worth 95 minutes if you have the time. 3.5/5. 

Just came in to post the same...watched Ready or Not tonight as well. GF and I both liked it...7.5/10.

Loved the gore and the humor level was pretty much perfect. A fun watch that went by very quickly.

Did a good job combining  comedy, horror, suspense, and action. Samara Weaving was really good in it.

Bonus for Letterkenny fans - Melanie Scrofano (Mrs. McMurray) plays a great part.

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 7:37 AM, Todem said:

So...we started The Audition last night but I was very tired. I got to the first date with the girl.

Tell me.....am I about to see some crazy S***? Feels like this is building to pure madness.

@Todem - you ever finish this? 

I also re-upped my Shudder sub.  There are a few in there I have been meaning to watch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another on I saw was on there was A Tale of Two Sisters.   I remember loving that one as well. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

@Todem - you ever finish this? 

I also re-upped my Shudder sub.  There are a few in there I have been meaning to watch.  

Yes.....brutal. Utterly brutal. Great film. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My directors cut of Dr Sleep should be arriving today. I am a day or two late but I plan on celebrating the Shining anniversary. First the Shining followed by Dr Sleep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added some #### last night about a clown stalking 3 kids after they see some ####.  From the director of Inside? :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Todem said:

Yes.....brutal. Utterly brutal. Great film. 

The phone call and bag.  :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

I never saw the first Candyman, but I'm really looking forward to the new one. This teaser/prequel short is intense: https://youtu.be/D9O9_-bv5qE 

The original was good. It has not aged well. But it still has a great creep factor. I won’t say anymore. It is worth a watch at least once.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Todem said:

The original was good. It has not aged well. But it still has a great creep factor. I won’t say anymore. It is worth a watch at least once.

There are a couple like that from that time period.  I like Candyman more for the myth aspect of it.  I think it's well done.    

Another that comes to mind is Serpent and the Rainbow, but it's been forever since I watched that, so not sure if that would hold up.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been watching a lot of Joe Bob Briggs Last Drive in.

Have seen some old school stuff. Blood sucking freaks, Chopping Mall, Deep Red, Maniac, Heathers, Brain Damage. I think Tromas War is on my cue for tonight.

Some really weird stuff. Plenty of times I am hoping no one walks into the room during certain scenes.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.