What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

jasvic said:
dhockster said:
Worst Eagles first round pick?

-Kevin Allen 1985

-Mike Mamula, 1995

-Jon Harris, 1997

-Danny Watkins, 2011
Has to be Jon Harris. Was just talking about him this morning. I remember watching the draft on ESPN and no one had any clue what to say and they had zero footage prepared. I think they just found a still image to throw on the screen. It was embarrassing.
I vividly remember Kiper leafing through his book speechless for the one time in his life.

jasvic said:
dhockster said:

-Kevin Allen 1985

-Mike Mamula, 1995

-Jon Harris, 1997

-Danny Watkins, 2011
Has to be Jon Harris. Was just talking about him this morning. I remember watching the draft on ESPN and no one had any clue what to say and they had zero footage prepared. I think they just found a still image to throw on the screen. It was embarrassing.
It's Harris and it's not even close in the last 40 or 50 years

I just don't get it. 3rd most in offensive points scored last year. 22nd in points allowed by defense.

Better play calls from the 1 at the end of the San Fran game (maybe run your pro bowl RB?) and some tacit defense against Arizona at the end of the game and this team is 10-0 going into GB and Foles goes out 8-0 instead of 6-2. This, without the best deep threat from previous year, Maclin returning from injury, a rookie WR and Reilly Cooper catching passes.

But yeah, replacing Foles is more pressing than addressing the numerous issues on the other side of the ball. Forget for a second that the offense needs far less work than the defense, its not like this is a question of taking a stud corner vs. Mariota because they both will be there. We'll have to give up multiple picks that could have an immediate impact to get whatever 'upgrade' that Mariota brings.
Did you take away the defense and special teams scores? They had TDs on 2 punts, 2 kickoffs, 2 fumbles, 2 INTs and 3 blocked kicks. They were 4th in the league in total TDs with 54. When you take those away they had 43 offensive TDs.

That puts them behind: GB, DEN, DAL, IND, NE and NO

Tied with: PIT, BAL and NYG
I was assuming the bolded meant those points scored on offense only?
Since I'm bored, I took all the teams rushing/receiving touchdowns and field goals. So removed all special team and defensive scores. Eagles wind up 6th in the league.

Edit: And if all you care about is touchdowns, they're tied for 7th.
Stat I heard on the radio yesterday, the Eagles points per possession ranked 13th in the league. Considering the pace they run, this is probably the best reflection of how good/bad their offense is in comparison to other teams who don't run plays as fast.

@caplannfl: #Eagles are going to release G Todd Herremans today, source said.

@EliotShorrParks: Releasing Herremans saves the #Eagles $2.8 million and brings their cap space to roughly $27 million.

@Jeff_McLane: Todd Herremans had a $5.2 million salary cap figure. #Eagles will save $2.8 mil against cap, but $2.4 will be dead money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprising but a shame to see Herremans go out like that. One of the more underrated and versatile OL in Eagles history.

@GeoffMosherCSN: RT @RoobCSN: According to Spotrac, Eagles went into offense w/$35.353351 in OL cap hits, highest in the NFL. Now $32.553351, still highest

-Kevin Allen 1985

-Mike Mamula, 1995

-Jon Harris, 1997

-Danny Watkins, 2011
I vividly remember Kiper leafing through his book speechless for the one time in his life.
I was actually in the Eagles press room when they came out to announce it and beat writer Marcus Hayes and I looked at each other and mouthed "Who?"

-Kevin Allen 1985

-Mike Mamula, 1995

-Jon Harris, 1997

-Danny Watkins, 2011
Watkins and Allen are pretty close.

It's definitely not Mamula.

-Kevin Allen 1985

-Mike Mamula, 1995

-Jon Harris, 1997

-Danny Watkins, 2011
Watkins and Allen are pretty close.

It's definitely not Mamula.
Mamula actually played and had some mediocre stats. He was just unfortunate to have been taken way above where he should have gone and right before a Hall of Famer.

Oline became an even bigger need.
I think they really like Allen Barbre and think he'll be more than adequate to replace Herremans. Plus, like Herremans, he's versatile as well and can slide out to RT. I wouldn't be surprised to see them used some mid round picks on OLine for depth.

I think they really like Allen Barbre and think he'll be more than adequate to replace Herremans. Plus, like Herremans, he's versatile as well and can slide out to RT. I wouldn't be surprised to see them used some mid round picks on OLine for depth.
That's what I meant. I didn't expect them to go first 2 rounds for oline but we need those later picks to build the depth back up and hopefully find a diamond like Kelsey at guard.

That's what I meant. I didn't expect them to go first 2 rounds for oline but we need those later picks to build the depth back up and hopefully find a diamond like Kelsey at guard.
So sign maxwell.

1st/2nd Round consists of: WR+DB

3rd/4th Round consists of OL+DB

5th/6th Round consists of: OL + DE/LB

If we do hit FA hard, who will be some of the top big name FA that we may go after besides Maxwell? Who at WR is a viable FA option?
Demaryuis Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb. I'd think Bryant and Cobb would be tagged. Probably Thomas too. i think the Eagles resign Maclin though.

Obviously guard is a need. Orlando Franklin would be a great pickup but costly. A cheaper but maybe not so good play would be Wisnewski from Oakland. Clint Boling wouldn't be bad neither.

OLD/Edge Rusher: I'd really like to resign Graham because I think he's knocking on the door to being a Pro Bowler but I don't think it happens. Obviously the top guy (and top dollar) would be Justin Houston. Worilds name seems to be popping up a lot in regards to the Eagles.

Safety: McCourtey or Rahim Moore. If they happen to slip away then you take a flyer on Tyron Branch.

Out of all of those needs I am going to predict they sign Maxwell and either McCourtey or Moore for sure. Maclin will be resigned. I think they'll sign Worilds and Graham will sign some where else. I suspect Guard will be addressed via draft or in house players but if it's the right price i'd be OK signing Wisnewski.

So sign maxwell.1st/2nd Round consists of: WR+DB

If for some reason the Pats don't franchise McCourty, I'd like him as well but yes this will do nicely.

So sign maxwell.

1st/2nd Round consists of: WR+DB

Who's playing MLB next to Kendricks?

The price for Mariota seems to be getting lower. Curious what the fans take is if they could move up for just Foles and their 2016 1st.

The price for Mariota seems to be getting lower. Curious what the fans take is if they could move up for just Foles and their 2016 1st.
That wouldn't even work in a video game
Depends how a team values Foles. He's not a great fit for the Eagles offense but he's much better than Mettenberger.
Foles in nowhere near the value it would take to add to go to #2 from #20, even to the Titans

If we do hit FA hard, who will be some of the top big name FA that we may go after besides Maxwell? Who at WR is a viable FA option?
Demaryuis Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb. I'd think Bryant and Cobb would be tagged. Probably Thomas too. i think the Eagles resign Maclin though.

Obviously guard is a need. Orlando Franklin would be a great pickup but costly. A cheaper but maybe not so good play would be Wisnewski from Oakland. Clint Boling wouldn't be bad neither.

OLD/Edge Rusher: I'd really like to resign Graham because I think he's knocking on the door to being a Pro Bowler but I don't think it happens. Obviously the top guy (and top dollar) would be Justin Houston. Worilds name seems to be popping up a lot in regards to the Eagles.

Safety: McCourtey or Rahim Moore. If they happen to slip away then you take a flyer on Tyron Branch.

Out of all of those needs I am going to predict they sign Maxwell and either McCourtey or Moore for sure. Maclin will be resigned. I think they'll sign Worilds and Graham will sign some where else. I suspect Guard will be addressed via draft or in house players but if it's the right price i'd be OK signing Wisnewski.
Ya all good examples.

Am really interested in what WR might be out there though. Maclin may be tagged, or may re-sign. And I don't actually think Cobb, DT, or Dez are REALISTIC options for us. Just wondering what realistic options we may have to grab in FA. Maybe not a stud WR, but even someone to take Coopers spot.

Ya all good examples.

Am really interested in what WR might be out there though. Maclin may be tagged, or may re-sign. And I don't actually think Cobb, DT, or Dez are REALISTIC options for us. Just wondering what realistic options we may have to grab in FA. Maybe not a stud WR, but even someone to take Coopers spot.
OK, I get what your saying. I guess realistically maybe Torrey Smith or Michael Crabtree. But I really couldn't see them trying to sign them. Wes Welker if the price is right. I could see him doing well in an offense like Chips if he still has anything left in the tank.

The meltdown that this thread will produce after we acquire MM is going to be fun and terrifying at the same time! I can't wait! :excited:
I am in the "don't sell your whole draft for Mariota" camp....but it is hard not to think what he could do when he would reunite with his old ball coach and his offense.

People have been throwing around all kinds of potential trades and I don't really buy that any of them are going to happen but I figured I'd take a look at the old pick value chart (which may or may not be be valid anymore but what the hell).

Eagles 2015 picks and associated value:

#20 - 850

#52 - 380

#84 - 170

#110 - 74

#116 - 62

#148 - 32

#180 - 19

#212 - 7

Eagles 2016 picks and associated value:

(assuming Eagles end up in same draft spot and one year delay costs one round of value)

#20 - 380

#52 - 170

#84 - 74

#110 - 62

#116 - 32

#148 - 19

#180 - 7

#212 - 1

All of our picks over the next two years total value is 2339.

Value of picks #1-#5 we'd likely have to trade up to:

#1 - 3000

#2 - 2600

#3 - 2200

#4 - 1800

#5 - 1700

So just from the (somewhat meaningless chart) we're looking at trading 1st and 2nd in 2015 and 1st and 2nd in 2016 (=1780) to move up to #4 or lower if MM drops that far. No idea what Foles, Cox, Kendricks, etc would be worth in a trade either but seems like players are like cars... as soon as you drive them off the lot (pick them in the draft) the value drops significantly vs value of picks.

The meltdown that this thread will produce after we acquire MM is going to be fun and terrifying at the same time! I can't wait! :excited:
What would be equally hilarious if not more so is if he falls to 20 and the Eagles draft a CB.
The evil part of me is hoping they trade up to where Mariotta is on the board and then take someone else, like Graham over Thomas in 2010.

Rumor today is the Eagles are looking at trading all the way up to #1 to get Mariota. They've been talking about it all day on 97.5.

That seems insane to me. The offense was actually pretty good last year even with Foles cratering and Vick/Sanchez under center. And it was certainly good the year before. IMO, trading up to #1 for MM would destroy that team for a long time. Their biggest problem is on defense, especially the secondary. And their style of play on offense also leads to their defense getting worn down up front. Trading away that many picks would crush their defensive depth and keep them from improving their secondary enough.

Rumor today is the Eagles are looking at trading all the way up to #1 to get Mariota. They've been talking about it all day on 97.5.

That seems insane to me. The offense was actually pretty good last year even with Foles cratering and Vick/Sanchez under center. And it was certainly good the year before. IMO, trading up to #1 for MM would destroy that team for a long time. Their biggest problem is on defense, especially the secondary. And their style of play on offense also leads to their defense getting worn down up front. Trading away that many picks would crush their defensive depth and keep them from improving their secondary enough.
Don't go by that station. They've had t-shirts with "Do the Deal" made since November. Missinelli today is insisting you need mobility to play in today's NFL.

What about Brady & Peyton?

Miss: They're HOF, doesn't count.

What about Flacco?

Miss: Superior arm

What about Eli?

Miss: he's got pedigree

What about Rivers?

Miss: What's he won?

And my favorite, what about Brees?

Miss: he has mobility

What!? Foles has more rushing yards in the last 2 years than Brees does in his whole time in NO.

The madness is getting out of hand.

Don't go by that station. They've had t-shirts with "Do the Deal" made since November. Missinelli today is insisting you need mobility to play in today's NFL.

What about Brady & Peyton?

Miss: They're HOF, doesn't count.

What about Flacco?

Miss: Superior arm

What about Eli?

Miss: he's got pedigree

What about Rivers?

Miss: What's he won?

And my favorite, what about Brees?

Miss: he has mobility

What!? Foles has more rushing yards in the last 2 years than Brees does in his whole time in NO.

The madness is getting out of hand.
I heard that whole rant too. I can't believe I put myself through this shizza because the other station has been rendered unlistenable now in the afternoon. Brady and Manning HOF argument was the Crown Jewel of asinine arguments.

Depends how a team values Foles. He's not a great fit for the Eagles offense but he's much better than Mettenberger.
Foles in nowhere near the value it would take to add to go to #2 from #20, even to the Titans
Foles and a 2016 1st. Doesn't seem outrageous to me since the Titans would get their starting QB as well as two 1st's.

Foles and a 2016 1st. Doesn't seem outrageous to me since the Titans would get their starting QB as well as two 1st's.
They'd be getting one first and downgrading the one they have this year. That's not the going rate. No GM will take that because they would get destroyed by ownership.

They'd be getting one first and downgrading the one they have this year. That's not the going rate. No GM will take that because they would get destroyed by ownership.
The going rate isn't a chart it's what someone is willing to pay. IMO, Foles, 1.20, and a 2016 1st > any player at 1.2.

ETA: I'm a Foles believer.

cstu said:
The going rate isn't a chart it's what someone is willing to pay. IMO, Foles, 1.20, and a 2016 1st > any player at 1.2.

The Titans wouldn't put any value on Foles. They really like Mettenberger and want to give him a chance to be the starter. No way would they bring in a guy like Foles over him at this point.

I think you'd be looking at this year's first and second and next year's first and second at the very least.

I like Crabtree as FA WR option. Super talented but held back by the SF offense / QB play / injury. I think he could be had for a cheap deal due to those factors.

JMatt, Maclin & Crabtree would be a fearsome WR set.

I like Crabtree as FA WR option. Super talented but held back by the SF offense / QB play / injury. I think he could be had for a cheap deal due to those factors.

JMatt, Maclin & Crabtree would be a fearsome WR set.
Ya this would be great. I wonder how much he would cost? Torrey, like CentralIPA mentioned, would also be a decent option. Would love either of these guys as our 3rd WR. Mathews, Maclin, Crabtree/T.Smith, Sproles, Ertz all catching the ball. Jeeeeeeezus!

Would be absolutely stoked to see Crabtree in Philly. Torrey Smith seems like he would be a better compliment to Maclin though.

I'm not a big Crabtree guy, I want explosive at that position. Devin Smith in rd 2. A trio of Maclin, Matthews, and Smith would be sick.

cstu said:

The Titans wouldn't put any value on Foles. They really like Mettenberger and want to give him a chance to be the starter. No way would they bring in a guy like Foles over him at this point.

I think you'd be looking at this year's first and second and next year's first and second at the very least.
I'd think 2015 1st, 3rd plus 2016 1st+2nd plus Foles might work, but not less than that. Foles is an UFA after 2015 so a contract would have to be worked out, which likely would preclude a draft day trade

Users who are viewing this thread