What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (4 Viewers)

No one. NO ONE is take a RB making 10 million. Mccoy is cut, restructures or plays under his current deal. Nothing else happens.

Perterson is set to make like 15 this year. Same for him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the only 2 teams that would be willing to do it are in the very unique circumstances that surround AP

Bigboy10182000 said:
@BizballMaury: Salary Cap In #NFL Will Be $143.28M, NFLPA Releases Adjustments For All Teams http://t.co/hUNKNyUfRZvia @forbes -> http://t.co/wPIoB0o2Sw
Nice. 3rd highest cap in the NFL for us. Go get Maxwell!I know Suh probably has a 5% chance of landing in Philly if that, but any interest in this guy? Obviously we have much bigger needs but it's always interesting when a highly skilled defensive player is kickin around.
I can see him getting a gigantic deal but if we found a way to get him I would love it. I'm a big fan of his and love adding DL.

Maxwell and Mccourtey are my A list. Get both and the rest is gravy for Free Agency. One of them and its decent depending on the rest. You have to do something for that secondary to reassure people. If they get both, at least that heals the sting of wasting picks on Mariota.

Bigboy10182000 said:
@BizballMaury: Salary Cap In #NFL Will Be $143.28M, NFLPA Releases Adjustments For All Teams http://t.co/hUNKNyUfRZvia @forbes -> http://t.co/wPIoB0o2Sw
Nice. 3rd highest cap in the NFL for us. Go get Maxwell!I know Suh probably has a 5% chance of landing in Philly if that, but any interest in this guy? Obviously we have much bigger needs but it's always interesting when a highly skilled defensive player is kickin around.
I can see him getting a gigantic deal but if we found a way to get him I would love it. I'm a big fan of his and love adding DL.
I like our DL. We need help in the backend. 1% Suh comes to Philly, imo. Maxwell would be great. I gotta think Pats are close to a deal with McCourtey or he'd have gotten the franchise tag instead.

Leaning towards thinking we should keep Cary Williams, a trio of Williams, Maxwell, and Boykin would be nice. Williams probably would do better oposite Maxwell as opposed to Fletcher... Only concern is, will Boykin jet next year if he's not a starter this coming year...

Leaning towards thinking we should keep Cary Williams, a trio of Williams, Maxwell, and Boykin would be nice. Williams probably would do better oposite Maxwell as opposed to Fletcher... Only concern is, will Boykin jet next year if he's not a starter this coming year...
Who could blame him? Guy has been clearly the best player in the secondary and he's on the field only about half the time. If the coaching staff could have ever gotten over their prejudice about hight and put him outside--I wonder what the record would have been?

Any interest in Andre Johnson if the Texans cut him?
One of my favorite players, but his best days are behind him. Still a very good WR, but I don't think he is the 100+ reception 1400 yard guy he's been almost his whole career. If you could get him for peanuts maybe, but I suspect his name recognition alone will push him into overpay zone.

Bigboy10182000 said:
I like our DL. We need help in the backend. 1% Suh comes to Philly, imo. Maxwell would be great. I gotta think Pats are close to a deal with McCourtey or he'd have gotten the franchise tag instead.
I like our DL too and I think there's no chance he does come here but I would love to have him. You can never have enough guys like that on your team and he would bring a nasty pass rush from up the middle too.

I think we have to be realistic with our expectations for the DB's. It would be nice to have Maxwell or McCourty but theyre just going to get paid and its not like us to go crazy in FA. As far as CB Im thinking we stand a better chance of getting one of the SF guys in Culliver or Cox as opposed to Maxwell. Same with safety. Mccourty will get Byrd type cash this year if he hits FA...Im thinking we'd get a Moore or Searcy

Im still someone who takes Kelly at his word. He's all about culture and it would be going against what he says to overpay for a FA IMO...unless its a true difference maker

One of my favorite players, but his best days are behind him. Still a very good WR, but I don't think he is the 100+ reception 1400 yard guy he's been almost his whole career. If you could get him for peanuts maybe, but I suspect his name recognition alone will push him into overpay zone.
I think the draft is the way to go for WR this year but I wouldn't be against signing Julius Thomas or even Torrey Smith if they let Maclin walk. Chip liked those TE's and Thomas would be on the field all game and could be a mismatch problem

I think he would be a great 2 year player. His decline has mostly been due to his QB play. He still runs great routes, catches the ball, is an effective blocker. I think he will probably make $6-$8 million per year over the next two years. I don't know if you think that is overpaying, but I think we would get performance that would justify that amount of salary.

I'd have no problem with a $5 mil AJ, Matthews, Devin Smith trio at WR if it meant those $ resources were redirected to the defense

Cant wait to hear his interviews after this....
He was on 97.5 literally 5 minutes after finding out he was cut. "So Cary, what happened?". Lol, it was rough. You could tell the guy was still coming to terms with everything while asking questions on the radio.

Any chance this means we HAVE to go defense in the first round of the draft now? No more Mariota talk? (Fingers crossed)

Million dollar question is at what draft position is the 1st team that feels he's more than a system QB and would draft him.

No doubt we need a lot more help in the secondary, and I agree there's very little chance Suh lands in Philly.

That said, the guy is a Top 5 defensive player in the league. Any team would be happy to have him (assuming they can make it work), regardless of who they already have on the d-line.

@ZBerm: By releasing Cary Williams, Eagles have saved $6.5M against the cap. Also, they don't have either of last year's starting CB under contract

Bigboy10182000 said:
Nice. 3rd highest cap in the NFL for us. Go get Maxwell!

I know Suh probably has a 5% chance of landing in Philly if that, but any interest in this guy? Obviously we have much bigger needs but it's always interesting when a highly skilled defensive player is kickin around.
:lmao:

If the part I put in bold wasn't an attempt at humor it should have been.

JaxBill, on 03 Mar 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:

Bigboy10182000, on 03 Mar 2015 - 2:27 PM, said:

@ZBerm: By releasing Cary Williams, Eagles have saved $6.5M against the cap. Also, they don't have either of last year's starting CB under contract
Is that a bad thing?
Seriously. So they are both gone, and we have more money.......win!
Honestly I don't know. There was a time I was pretty good with them singing Willliams and that Nnambdi guy lol

Haven't posted here in a while, what's up, bros? This is not great news. From Geoff Mosher of CSN Philly:

"Starting to hear talks btw Eagles and both Trent Cole + Brandon Graham aren't progressing very well."

"Did more digging. Told by two league sources that Trent Cole's days with the #Eagles are going to end. Team will eventually release him."

Makes sense to cut Cole if he won't restructure or take a pay cut. $8.425 million in savings, $10.025 million if they use the June 1st designation. Hope they get something with Graham done.

@Jeff_McLane: Releasing Trent Cole will save #Eagles $8.425 mil against salary cap, but they will eat $3.2 mil in dead money. Now approx $41 mil in space.

Late225 said:
unckeyherb said:
Any chance this means we HAVE to go defense in the first round of the draft now? No more Mariota talk? (Fingers crossed)
No. We'll patch some holes in free agency and take the best player available. John Barchard @JohnBarchard · 2h2 hours ago

Fun nugget from NFL Source: "Chip isn't leaving the draft without Mariota, they have so many scenarios in place."
Sal Pal was on the radio and spoke to MM's agent. Agent told Sal "Chip told me I have the best player in the draft" and he got the sense that Chip was going to do whatever is necessary to get him. :excited:

From Schefter.

Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

OMFG

@ESPNNFL: MEGA TRADE: The Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he will be traded to the Eagles for RB LeSean McCoy next week (via @AdamSchefter)

@Jeff_McLane: #Eagles RB LeSean McCoy will be traded to the Bills for LB Kiko Alonso next week, 2 NFL sources confirm @AdamSchefter report.

I guess we'll be cheering for the Oregon Eagles. Not sure if this is a good thing. Alonso coming back from a torn ACL. Help me find the light in this.

well we have freed up a lot of cap space. Who are we going after? McCourtey? Maxwell? Revis? I have to think they are freeing up cap space to go after someone big.

Well, if this isn't obvious....

There is plenty of cap space now to fill in the roster through free agency because we ain't gonna have no draft picks.

I'm excited about Marcus though, not gonna lie.

I guess we'll be cheering for the Oregon Eagles. Not sure if this is a good thing. Alonso coming back from a torn ACL. Help me find the light in this.
I'm struggling to find the positives n this trade

Users who are viewing this thread