What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (4 Viewers)

@MikeClayNFL: Shocked by the McCoy trade, but hard to hate the move. RB shelf life is short and he wouldn't take a paycut. LB a major need.

I guess that I am the only one in favor of the trade, and I am a Shady fan.

But we get a young LB who had a great rookie year & will have had more than 1 year to recover from injury.. For a stud, but over-priced RB. Defensive rebuild in progress!

But we get a young LB who had a great rookie year & will have had more than 1 year to recover from injury.. For a stud, but over-priced RB. Defensive rebuild in progress!
Not being an Eagles fan it's clear they won the trade. Lose McCoy's huge contract and gain a young player on a cheap contract. The team won't be able to completely replace McCoy but they could replace 90% of him with a younger, cheaper RB.

Admittedly I never thought it was a possibility for this train to happen (see above :lmao) but if you can trade a starting RB or a starting LBer you're doing ok IMO

They could draft the best RB in the draft in probably the second round or sign Murray or Peterson and save money

Alonzo is a absolute stud in coverage. There's actually an article about whether the bills should trade Alonzo, the comments were pretty unanimous, only for a stud qb. That's the esteem bills fans held Alonzo in. Considering the eagles can just sign a guy like Spiller or Murray this is a win for Philly.

Admittedly I never thought it was a possibility for this train to happen (see above :lmao) but if you can trade a starting RB or a starting LBer you're doing ok IMO

They could draft the best RB in the draft in probably the second round or sign Murray or Peterson and save money
Re-sign Maclin, sign Cobb, and it doesn't matter who the RB is back there.

McCoy looked bad last year. We all saw this. He was looking slower and made 10 million. I'm shocked they were able to find a trade partner for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alonzo is a absolute stud in coverage. There's actually an article about whether the bills should trade Alonzo, the comments were pretty unanimous, only for a stud qb. That's the esteem bills fans held Alonzo in. Considering the eagles can just sign a guy like Spiller or Murray this is a win for Philly.
@PFF_NateJahnke: Kiko Alonso a top 2 coverage ILB in 2013. Mychal Kendricks a top 4 coverage ILB in 2014. Will be a nice duo at ILB

I guess we'll be cheering for the Oregon Eagles. Not sure if this is a good thing. Alonso coming back from a torn ACL. Help me find the light in this.
I'm struggling to find the positives n this trade
You unloaded a RB who was a cut candidate because of his dumb contract for a very good young lb with cheap years left on his contract.
Alonzo tackles in 2013: 159

Eagles top 2 tacklers in 2014 (Kendricks and Jenkins): 162

I guess we'll be cheering for the Oregon Eagles. Not sure if this is a good thing. Alonso coming back from a torn ACL. Help me find the light in this.
You unloaded a RB who was a cut candidate because of his dumb contract for a very good young lb with cheap years left on his contract.
Alonzo tackles in 2013: 159Eagles top 2 tacklers in 2014 (Kendricks and Jenkins): 162
The Jenkins number is why I like this deal.

3rd year lb coming off an acl tear for probably your best player and leader. Gl fellas. This ain't Madden. Losing guys like Shady and Cole in the same year will hurt.

Alonzo tackles in 2013: 159

Eagles top 2 tacklers in 2014 (Kendricks and Jenkins): 162
My main concern at this point is how is his knee and can he return to his rookie form. If he can, that's great, if not, not so good. To be honest, I want to see what the Eagles do with the cap room. I have to think we are going to sign a RB (Demarco?) and hopefully some defensive secondary players (Maxwell/McCourtey). If we sign both defensive guys, I will be ecstatic and love this trade. If we don't help our secondary, I won't be so happy. The league has shown time and time again, defense wins games and we do not have a playoff defense yet. So I love the LB trades, but we need to help the CB/S position as we were toasted there last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jeff_McLane: When McCoy's reps met w/ #Eagles (Roseman and Marynowitz) at combine their 1 message from Kelly was he wanted the RB to work on lower body.

3rd year lb coming off an acl tear for probably your best player and leader. Gl fellas. This ain't Madden. Losing guys like Shady and Cole in the same year will hurt.
McCoy isn't a leader if he didn't buy in to Kelly. And I've never heard McCoy referred to as being a leader.

Alonso is a really good young player at a much more important position.

McCoy wasn't even great last year, and plays a replaceable position and makes WAY too much money.

Kelly crushed this trade.

@RapSheet: Interesting LaDainian Tomlinson said on @nflnetwork that LeSean McCoy told him a few weeks ago he didnt think hed be back in Philly.

After trading McCoy and cutting Cole the Eagles basically traded McCoy/Cole for Alonso and $16M in cap space. There's a lot they can do with $16M.

After trading McCoy and cutting Cole the Eagles basically traded McCoy/Cole for Alonso and $16M in cap space. There's a lot they can do with $16M.
It will be interesting to see what they do with the cap space. I'm not an Eagles fan, but like the moves.

If we are really going after MM the Shady would be toast when he comes into his prime anyways. Wow.

:lmao: at the people who think this is bad for the Eagles. Pretty incredible to get Alonso at a position of need plus cap space for a guy they clearly no longer wanted. Well done Chip!

You forgot to throw in "top three" in front of RB and "coming off an ACL tear" after lb

You forgot to throw in "top three" in front of RB and "coming off an ACL tear" after lb
Lets keep things on perspective here. We couldn't get a thing for Jackson last year. Getting Alonso is better than that.

A McCoy is not top 3 in the NFC let alone the nfl.

Users who are viewing this thread