What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

@charlesrobinson: A league source says the #Eagles have made safety Devin McCourty a top priority. #Patriots still want him back.

And

Byron Maxwell and Devin McCourty looks like an either/or situation for #Eagles. I'm not sure they can make the best offer to both.

5:31pm - 7 Mar 15
You hear that Chip? They're saying you can't get both. You going to take that?

@OmarKelly: Now that Kareem Jackson is off the market the Eagles have to their attention to another CB. I BELIEVE Byron Maxwell is going to Jacksonville

none of these guys really know anything, and i question myself for listening every year in every sport. :lol:

Randgetlin: No one will be surprised if it happens, but a source indicates the #Eagles are definitely out in front for CB Byron Maxwell.

5:27pm - 7 Mar 15

I actually like the transparency we are having with free agency and the draft. With free agency the player makes the final decision. With the draft teams have a potential of getting the stink eye if they screw with plans that fans want to see happen. This is about as close to social manipulation you can get. The last time I saw this type of media / social campaign was when Obama was first elected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingram gets signed to a 4 year deal so he's not an option.
I was afraid of that when they let Thomas go. Besides the draft I would like them to bring in Gore. I know he is old but with Polk and Sproles we are not asking him to carry 30 times a game. We just need some attitude at RB.

Jayson Braddock: Eagles and free agent CB Byron Maxwell are getting very close. Hard to see Jacksonville or Atlanta beating Philly out. Forget climate, $$$

9:21pm - 7 Mar 15

Eta: i dont even know who these guys are, are they somewhat legit?!

Ingram got like 4 million per which is very little given his upside IMO. With that said, Murray very well could be an option. He could get 6 per and we woukd still save 4 per after dealing McCoy.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Ok, then. Up next: Jeremy Maclin RT @AdamSchefter Randall Cobb back to Green Bay on a 4-year, $40 million deal, per source.

Said he turned down 6-7 offers of more money.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Ok, then. Up next: Jeremy Maclin RT @AdamSchefter Randall Cobb back to Green Bay on a 4-year, $40 million deal, per source.

Said he turned down 6-7 offers of more money.
So Cobb goes 4/40. Rumor had Eagles at 9/yr with Maclin wanting 11/yr. Does Cobbs deal help them get it done or does it put big $ in Maclin's eyes knowing he is the top WR left?

Am I the only one who is very disappointed today?

As one of the teams with a lot of money to spend, we watched a number of players that I thought would be good addition go off the board today. On top of that, I did not see one that I would not have happily paid.

As one of the teams with a lot of money to spend, we watched a number of players that I thought would be good addition go off the board today. On top of that, I did not see one that I would not have happily paid.
Guys are resigning with their own teams, nothing anyone can do about that and nothing to be disappointed about, really.

I hope we didn't clear more room than we need. At this point I say let's get Maclin signed before Tuesday with some of these options off the market.

Guys are resigning with their own teams, nothing anyone can do about that and nothing to be disappointed about, really.
That's not entirely true. During this period these guys could negotiate with other teams and decided to resign.

That's not entirely true. During this period these guys could negotiate with other teams and decided to resign.
Yeah i know and exaclty my point. It was said we had a similar offer on the table for Jackson but he resigned with Houston. Nothing they can do about that.

How many Ducks are available in this year's draft?

And with Chip showing no loyalty to current players, how many FAs will be racing to sign with the Eagles?

Billy Bats said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Billy Bats said:
Domination said:

Yeah i know and exaclty my point. It was said we had a similar offer on the table for Jackson but he resigned with Houston. Nothing they can do about that.
The players that might have been gotten for a reasonable cost, are resigning, & only leaving higher priced players. Would've been nice to get Jackson & Ingram for close to the price of Shady. I am hoping that we can upgrade multiple positions & not spend all the money on a couple positions, while leaving holes on our roster. That reminds me too much of Andy.

Getlin: The #Eagles are currently willing to pay CB Byron Maxwell north of $10M per year, per a source. Top of the market.

10:33am - 8 Mar 15

GoBirds said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
GoBirds said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Just asking

Think Torrey Smith may be better in our offense than Maclin?
Don't like how he completely disappeared for what seemed like the 1st half of the season. I assume he c improve but does he have more than the deep threat?
I only asked because his type of deep speed is what many think our offense was lacking last year.
Would be nice to pair him with Maclin.
This would be too much money committed to WR. With Cooper, Mathews, & Huff already under contract, adding these 2 would put us over $20 million for WRs.

@Jeff_McLane: The Colts announced that they signed former #Eagles OL Todd Herremans. GM Ryan Grigson gets back former player he scouted as #Eagles exec.

@caplannfl: Terms for Herremans: 1 year deal worth up to $3.5 M, source confirmed.

Eagles interested in Frank Gore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3205/frank-gore

Thanks, but no thanks.
I'd take him as a one-year stopgap RB solution, if no better option presents itself. We have a strong line, and two other backs who would share the load and limit Gore's wear and tear. Maybe Chip really thinks Polk could be a feature back, but wants a veteran safety net.
If you take him on the relative cheap, you now have a backfield for 2015 of Gore, Sproles, and Polk (potentially, if the tender works out and no one else comes along to match). I'm good with that, and would be really good with them going after someone like Gurley for the long term while he learns/gets back to 100% in 2015. Of course, that means not trading for Mariota. Unless they get an unlikely highway robbery type deal for Mariota, I'd rather go as per the above at RB, spend on defense in FA and draft for other positions of need.

Billy Bats said:
Jayson Braddock: Eagles and free agent CB Byron Maxwell are getting very close. Hard to see Jacksonville or Atlanta beating Philly out. Forget climate, $$$

9:21pm - 7 Mar 15

Eta: i dont even know who these guys are, are they somewhat legit?!
he said we are getting Maxwell, so I will accept him as credible.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I'd take him as a one-year stopgap RB solution, if no better option presents itself. Personally I'd prefer Helu if we're looking for a committee back to team up with Sproles and Polk. Maybe Chip really thinks Polk could be a feature back, but wants a veteran safety net.
Yeah, this makes sense to me. I wouldn't be opposed to Gore on a cheap contract, but I think that he and Polk would be a little redundant at this point in Gore's career. Helu would be a better complement overall, I think.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I'd take him as a one-year stopgap RB solution, if no better option presents itself. Personally I'd prefer Helu if we're looking for a committee back to team up with Sproles and Polk. Maybe Chip really thinks Polk could be a feature back, but wants a veteran safety net.
Yeah, this makes sense to me. I wouldn't be opposed to Gore on a cheap contract, but I think that he and Polk would be a little redundant at this point in Gore's career. Helu would be a better complement overall, I think.
I'm surprised with all the talk of Murray, Spiller, Gore and even Helu, that we haven't heard a thing about Ryan Mathews. He was a pro bowl caliber RB as recently as 2013, and that was with an o-line that was half as good as Philly, and I'd think he'd come cheaply since missed half of 2014.

Thanks, but no thanks.
I'm surprised with all the talk of Murray, Spiller, Gore and even Helu, that we haven't heard a thing about Ryan Mathews. He was a pro bowl caliber RB as recently as 2013, and that was with an o-line that was half as good as Philly, and I'd think he'd come cheaply since missed half of 2014.
The guy is Mr. glass

Thanks, but no thanks.
The guy is Mr. glass
Right, but they wouldn't be asking him for 20 carries a week like San Diego was. Besides, its not like Murray or especially Spiller have shown much durability.

Thanks, but no thanks.
The guy is Mr. glass
Right, but they wouldn't be asking him for 20 carries a week like San Diego was. Besides, its not like Murray or especially Spiller have shown much durability.
Actually compared to Mathews, Murray and Spiller are iron men. Mathews has missed 18 games in 5 years compared to Murrays 6 in 3 years and Spillers 8 in 4 years, 7 of which were last season due to one injury.

Jayson Braddock: Byron Maxwell deal is done. Guarantee came in higher after more discussion. Byron Maxwell will become an Eagle Tuesday w/ $25 mil guaranteed

2:17pm - 8 Mar 15

like what philly is doing, except for the whole sell out for mariota thing, which is probaby a media thing, cant see chip giving up the farm for him , especially when people like Foles/Sanchez are effective in the system

@MikeClayNFL: Byron Maxwell resume: 152 snaps first 2 years, Situational most of 2013 and was good, pedestrian starter in 2014. $10MM/year? No thanks.

@MikeClayNFL: Byron Maxwell resume: 152 snaps first 2 years, Situational most of 2013 and was good, pedestrian starter in 2014. $10MM/year? No thanks.
:finger:

Half is guaranteed, would like to know what the escalators are for the other half. Very similar to the Nnamdi deal a few years ago, hope this one plays out better.

like what philly is doing, except for the whole sell out for mariota thing, which is probaby a media thing, cant see chip giving up the farm for him , especially when people like Foles/Sanchez are effective in the system
At most positions I'd agree, why mess with what has been good. But if Kelly thinks Mariota can be elite in his system, the farm is a fair price for an elite QB.

Thanks, but no thanks.
If Chip was high at all on Polk, wouldn't he have given him a higher restricted tender? The lowest possible tender makes me think he could care less on Polk.

well, Maxwell is going to get matched up again either Beckham, Bryant, or Jackson 6 weeks out of the year - we'll find out quickly if he's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread