What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (5 Viewers)

Have to love the clowns putting articles out there after Murray's run that he showed Chip....maybe they should have such around for the other 11 carries for 15 yards and the fumble. Hope that guy has some professional pride and decides to work this offseason.
Agreed. But how many of those 11 carries were from under center? I feel like they kind of abandoned that. I would guess only like 4 carries from under center today, one of them being the long run. But I can't remember.
I only followed online couldn't tell you. I did read even last year the majority of his carries were from shotgun but a decent amount of under center mixed in. Shotgun is part of it but he needs to put on his big boy pants.
No, the majority of his carries last year were not out of shotgun. He had like 35 out of the gun last year.
It was a significant amount either way, no excuse for 700 yard season.
35 isn't significant. That's 2 per game and under 10% of his carries. Not sure if that 35 is accurate though.

Mighty Mice said:
duaneok66 said:
Hey Mice, what do you not like about Gase?
Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.

Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

That said those in the know seem to rave about his smarts and his youth doesn't scare me off.
I want someone who has experience building a team. Who is a players coach, ala Harbaugh. I think everyone is sleeping on Brian Shaw

Can someone tell me whats wrong with David Shaw other than no NFL experience and a college coach like Chipper?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to love the clowns putting articles out there after Murray's run that he showed Chip....maybe they should have such around for the other 11 carries for 15 yards and the fumble. Hope that guy has some professional pride and decides to work this offseason.
Agreed. But how many of those 11 carries were from under center? I feel like they kind of abandoned that. I would guess only like 4 carries from under center today, one of them being the long run. But I can't remember.
I only followed online couldn't tell you. I did read even last year the majority of his carries were from shotgun but a decent amount of under center mixed in. Shotgun is part of it but he needs to put on his big boy pants.
No, the majority of his carries last year were not out of shotgun. He had like 35 out of the gun last year.
35 isn't significant. That's 2 per game and under 10% of his carries. Not sure if that 35 is accurate though.
It is (well, 1 off ...)

http://eaglesrewind.com/2015/12/09/demarco-murray-is-not-a-bad-scheme-fit-he-is-just-playing-badly/

Mighty Mice said:
duaneok66 said:
Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

That said those in the know seem to rave about his smarts and his youth doesn't scare me off.
I want someone who has experience building a team. Who is a players coach, ala Harbaugh. I think everyone is sleeping on Brian ShawCan someone tell me whats wrong with Brian Shaw other than no NFL experience and a college coach like Chipper?
Bro, it's David Shaw.

35%

I posted the article a few weeks back on % plays shotgun vs under center. His ypc was as good if not better w cowgirls.

I'm not searching this dumpster fire thread for it....will take a week.

Mighty Mice said:
duaneok66 said:
Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.

Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

I want someone who has experience building a team. Who is a players coach, ala Harbaugh. I think everyone is sleeping on Brian Shaw

Can someone tell me whats wrong with Brian Shaw other than no NFL experience and a college coach like Chipper?
Feel like that's plenty to make it not happen.

David Shaw does have nfl experience (including with the Eagles).

It seems like he would be reasonable, though I would assume that he would go for Indy first, if that opens up.

Mighty Mice said:
duaneok66 said:
Prefer we go with a defensive minded coach. Nothing against Gase per se, but not overly impressed with what he's done in Chicago this year. Has Cutler been that good? And I do wonder how much of his Denver success rests with personnel like Manning, Thomas, Sanders, etc.Maybe it's me, but every year there is a 'hot offensive guy' and they seem hit and miss. Plus, as mentioned if our O does very well the OC is likely to be plucked.

I want someone who has experience building a team. Who is a players coach, ala Harbaugh. I think everyone is sleeping on Brian ShawCan someone tell me whats wrong with Brian Shaw other than no NFL experience and a college coach like Chipper?
Bro, it's David Shaw.
One little problem.

35%I posted the article a few weeks back on % plays shotgun vs under center. His ypc was as good if not better w cowgirls.

I just posted it (or similar). Not 35%. 36 actual carries.

It is (well, 1 off ...)http://eaglesrewind.com/2015/12/09/demarco-murray-is-not-a-bad-scheme-fit-he-is-just-playing-badly/
My bad, was thinking it was # of carries, ypc is what was equal.Also the perception he only ran up the middle last year.

Dude needs to man up.

35%

I posted the article a few weeks back on % plays shotgun vs under center. His ypc was as good if not better w cowgirls.

The article he posted says 9% of his carries were from shotgun last year.

35%I posted the article a few weeks back on % plays shotgun vs under center. His ypc was as good if not better w cowgirls.

The article he posted says 9% of his carries were from shotgun last year.
I was thinking ypc which was just as good on shotgun runs w cowgirls.

From Twitter:

Eagles will pursue Sean Payton if he parts ways with Saints Monday, league sources say. My column will be on philly.com shortly

So who's starting the new thread? I think once you get to 10k in a season thread, its time for a new one.
Did you handle previously?
I do the odd years. 13 & 15. Someone else can have some fun with the thread titles.
I'd love to but will lay down if BigBoy would rather
It's all you my friend.
haha k cool. Will tomorrow! We both hit over 1000 so if not insein, i'm happy to step in. I will try to be as creative with thread titles and promise not to be too pro-sam :P

From Twitter:

Eagles will pursue Sean Payton if he parts ways with Saints Monday, league sources say. My column will be on philly.com shortly
That would be interesting, him and Shurmur working w Bradford might be a good fit. Coming up in the Cowboys system I don't know we would be his 1st choice.

So who's starting the new thread? I think once you get to 10k in a season thread, its time for a new one.
I do the odd years. 13 & 15. Someone else can have some fun with the thread titles.
It's all you my friend.
haha k cool. Will tomorrow! We both hit over 1000 so if not insein, i'm happy to step in. I will try to be as creative with thread titles and promise not to be too pro-sam :P
Oh jeez, get ready for you and Bucks arguing over every title change for a year.

It's all you my friend.
Oh jeez, get ready for you and Bucks arguing over every title change for a year.
no no, I'll be mostly neutral with the thread titles.

He had 36 out of 392. Not really a significant percentage.

Not trying to say that Murray was good this year, just saying that it's not like he had a real track record out of the gun.
Looking at this as the season went on it was really obvious to me why Murray didn't work in the shotgun. The player he reminds me most of style wise is Eddie George. Straight ahead power, runs heavy, falls forwards, can break tackles but no lateral movement ability and not fast enough to turn the corner. If you can get him moving sideways at or behind the LoS, the play's over, he can't get started again. In every running play out of the shotgun bar the Inside Zone and Inside Power (which disappeared this year because our OGs weren't good enough to bother moving them anywhere) he has to start sideways.

I don't think Murray will ever be worth his contract $$ but I think he can be improved over the next year or two by running more from under centre until both his age and the declining dead money in his contract make him cuttable in 2 years, say. I like to think Shurmur texted Kelly after that long TD run of Murrays "See, you stubborn ####".

From Twitter:

That would be interesting, him and Shurmur working w Bradford might be a good fit. Coming up in the Cowboys system I don't know we would be his 1st choice.
Payton would do a good job with the Offense, but I'm worried about how he'd handle the D. What could he try, who could he hire that he hasn't tried with the Saints? That's the mess that might be causing his exit.

It's all you my friend.
Have to troll him a couple times with a good Foles reference.

It's all you my friend.
is there a way to ban a member from a particular thread? That would be heaven.

It's all you my friend.
He's been fairly quiet since Bradford has played well. Though, he said week 17 you can't look at, and also that sam is easily replacable and we are in a lot of trouble if we re-sign him :P Just glad he's proved he's trolling to everyone and not just me. :lol:

From Twitter:

Payton would do a good job with the Offense, but I'm worried about how he'd handle the D. What could he try, who could he hire that he hasn't tried with the Saints? That's the mess that might be causing his exit.
Ya that would be a worry. Is he really just that awful at hiring D coordinators? Maybe the good ones are scared to be DC's for him since Bountygate

Any names for potential DC's? What did Petine run? I know he's from around here.
I was wondering this too (about DC's). Hope someone can come up with a quick list. Not sure if we want a brand new DC with a brand new HC. But getting a retread DC is pretty tough. Because if they sucked and got fired, we don't want them.... but if they've been successful, they probably have no reason to make a lateral move. Broncos secondary coach? Can't see us promoting Undlin. Any old DC's who are now position coaches doing well?

From Twitter:

Great point, they could go after Billy Davis as a significant upgrade.

From Twitter:

Ya that would be a worry. Is he really just that awful at hiring D coordinators? Maybe the good ones are scared to be DC's for him since Bountygate
It's talent and the Coordinators, but he's had final say on both, so...

At very least he'd have to convince me (if I was Lurie) that he's not an inverted Buddy Ryan, ie a HC who only cares about his pet unit and doesn't pay enough attention to the team as a whole. The position that he didn't know anything about the Bounty stuff supports that view.

From Twitter:

Great point, they could go after Billy Davis as a significant upgrade.
Found a good article on some potential new DC's around the league. Looks like the top names are Panthers LB coach Al Holcomb, or Rocky Seto from the Seahawks. Nick Rapone is another hot name for what he's done with the DB's in Arizona. Would be nice to promote a DB's coach and finally for once get that position good again in Philly.

I'd really prefer to bring in a defensive minded head coach to oversee the switch to a 4-3 and maximize Cox/Barwin/Graham/Curry/Hicks/Rowe et al. Let Shurmur run the O w/Bradford. They have the history/chemistry and with our RBs and Matthews/Ertz really we just need some offensive line help.

Whatever HC is hired is going to want say on OC/DC most likely but I hope they can manage to retain Shurmur as I think that means we will keep Bradford.

Draft Order:

1. Titans (3-13)

2. Browns (3-13)

3. Chargers (4-12)

4. Cowboys (4-12)

5. Jaguars (5-11)

6. Ravens (5-11)

7. 49ers (5-11)

8. Dolphins (6-10)

9. Buccaneers (6-10)

10. Giants (6-10)

11. Bears (6-10)

12. Saints (7-9)

13. Eagles (7-9)

14. Raiders (7-9)

15. Rams (7-9)

16. Lions (7-9)

17. Falcons (8-8)

18. Colts (8-8)

19. Bills (8-8)

20. Jets (10-6)

Would have picked #10 if we lost. So 3 spots.

EDT: 3 teams above us will likely be in the QB market. No chance on Goff. Probably the next emerging QB will go above us too.

Draft Order:

1. Titans (3-13)

2. Browns (3-13)

3. Chargers (4-12)

4. Cowboys (4-12)

5. Jaguars (5-11)

6. Ravens (5-11)

7. 49ers (5-11)

8. Dolphins (6-10)

9. Buccaneers (6-10)

10. Giants (6-10)

11. Bears (6-10)

12. Saints (7-9)

13. Eagles (7-9)

14. Raiders (7-9)

15. Rams (7-9)

16. Lions (7-9)

17. Falcons (8-8)

18. Colts (8-8)

19. Bills (8-8)

20. Jets (10-6)

You sure, I thought we had to pull for the Raiders and Rams to win?

Draft Order:

1. Titans (3-13)

2. Browns (3-13)

3. Chargers (4-12)

4. Cowboys (4-12)

5. Jaguars (5-11)

6. Ravens (5-11)

7. 49ers (5-11)

8. Dolphins (6-10)

9. Buccaneers (6-10)

10. Giants (6-10)

11. Bears (6-10)

12. Saints (7-9)

13. Eagles (7-9)

14. Raiders (7-9)

15. Rams (7-9)

16. Lions (7-9)

17. Falcons (8-8)

18. Colts (8-8)

19. Bills (8-8)

20. Jets (10-6)

Ya I missed on one of the calculations on the SOS of the Raiders. We had them beat once you factor in this weeks opponent, I only had up to this weeks factored in. But this is the official list.

We did need them to win for picks in other rounds (the tied teams change order during other rounds). So technically the Rams and Raiders losing hurt us because they'll pick higher then us in rounds 2, 3. (Not sure exactly how that rotation works), but its pretty minor. The first round pick is the big one.

Draft Order:

1. Titans (3-13)

2. Browns (3-13)

3. Chargers (4-12)

4. Cowboys (4-12)

5. Jaguars (5-11)

6. Ravens (5-11)

7. 49ers (5-11)

8. Dolphins (6-10)

9. Buccaneers (6-10)

10. Giants (6-10)

11. Bears (6-10)

12. Saints (7-9)

13. Eagles (7-9)

14. Raiders (7-9)

15. Rams (7-9)

16. Lions (7-9)

17. Falcons (8-8)

18. Colts (8-8)

19. Bills (8-8)

20. Jets (10-6)

Ya I missed on one of the calculations on the SOS of the Raiders. We had them beat once you factor in this weeks opponent, I only had up to this weeks factored in. But this is the official list.

We did need them to win for picks in other rounds (the tied teams change order during other rounds). So technically the Rams and Raiders losing hurt us because they'll pick higher then us in rounds 2, 3. (Not sure exactly how that rotation works), but its pretty minor. The first round pick is the big one.
Well, Round 2 is taken care of.

Kind of intrigued by the idea of bringing in McDermott and keeping Shurmur. McDermott brings in a coordinator like Rapone (ARI) as DC to help with the transition. Shurmur handles the O and keeps continuity.

Of course it won't necessarily be these guys, but in terms of matches McDermott and Shurmur have deep Philly roots.

Users who are viewing this thread