What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (4 Viewers)

Uh oh:

Mort: The Eagles' wild ride will continue: Jeremy Maclin plans to reunite with Andy Reid in Kansas City once free agent market opens Tuesday.

8:28pm - 8 Mar 15
Wow that sucks. Outside of the Maxwell signing and Alonso I'm OK with but not feeling great about these moves or lack of.

Uh oh:

Mort: The Eagles' wild ride will continue: Jeremy Maclin plans to reunite with Andy Reid in Kansas City once free agent market opens Tuesday.

8:28pm - 8 Mar 15
Ugh. I've been a critic of Maclin's lack of toughness, but he had a great season last year and without him, our WR group becomes one of the weaker ones in the league.
This relatively good day has gone to #### in a hurry. Who in gods name is Marcus going to throw to??
Sproles?

He will throw to, ertz, mathews, sproles, gore, huff, celek, and whomever they sign/draft
Not a single deep threat in any of that. Just like last year.

The Maclin writing was somewhat on the wall when they didn't franchise him. The hearsay that they were miles apart on Thursday I guess was right.

This is either going to be Bellichek or McDaniels 2.0. There is no in between.

He will throw to, ertz, mathews, sproles, gore, huff, celek, and whomever they sign/draft
Not a single deep threat in any of that. Just like last year.

The Maclin writing was somewhat on the wall when they didn't franchise him. The hearsay that they were miles apart on Thursday I guess was right.

This is either going to be Bellichek or McDaniels 2.0. There is no in between.
The only WRs left on the market (or likely to be available ala Dwane Bowe) are clearly a tier below the guys we've let go the last two seasons and have a reputation as #culture problems as well. I admit I'm more of a "glass half empty" guy but I think it's just as likely Kelly walks away from a pile of ashes in two years than this actually works out. You can't just keep letting/forcing talent out the door and think the scheme is going to make up for it. Don't care what a great guy Will Murphy is. I'd rather still have Jackson.

Maclin was fast enough to get deep, although not the same kind of threat as Jackson. With the targets that are left, they're not giving the D much of a reason to spread out. We'll see how the rest of the offseason goes, but boy we have some holes now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the Chip offense not really reliant on deep passes? Kinda like SEA. Take it when it comes?
What kind of offense can't make use of players like, Jackson, McCoy and Maclin?
I didn't ask that?
Sorry didn't mean that necessarily direct ed at you. Just keep hearing about Kelly's offense etc. Just can't believe he doesn't want to keep players that have been productive for him and before him for that matter.

Harvin's someone the Eagles don't want...I'd imgaine even if they're paying him next to nothing.

I'd look at Shorts and Kenny Britt. Both young enough to still improve and at times, both have shown talent.

Isn't the Chip offense not really reliant on deep passes? Kinda like SEA. Take it when it comes?
What kind of offense can't make use of players like, Jackson, McCoy and Maclin?
I didn't ask that?
Sorry didn't mean that necessarily direct ed at you. Just keep hearing about Kelly's offense etc. Just can't believe he doesn't want to keep players that have been productive for him and before him for that matter.
I get it. Look, BB hasn't had a true long WR since Moss. SEA goes UDFA. CHI got 3 huge targets for Cutler. BAL gets a tough vet and some young speedsters every year. Etc. Teams develop strategy and identity. If CHIP is the true Head ####er then he gets to pick guys that match his system. That's what college guys do :shrug: Not saying it's wise or stupid. Just is.

Crabtree I wouldn't mind taking a look at for a much cheaper rate. Like $6-7 mil/yr. He has elite talent and was in a ####ty offense for WRs. Maybe change of scenario and an offensive guru gets him to buy in.

Who's the former 100 million man? Vick?
I was wondering as well, would have to be Vick wouldn't it?
It was a shot at Foles. Sanchez having such an incentive based deal is telling of a QB competition. One doesn't exist with Mariota. If we move to get him he's the starter.
Wait, what?? You're telling me there's open competition between Foles and Sanchez? And the incentives aren't there in case Mariota stinks? Seriously, an open competetion between Foles and Sanchez? After what we all witnessed Sanchez do last season, and what Foles has done in thr last two?

Signing Sanchez was insurance. If they miss out on MM, then Foles and Sanchez will have a short QB competition in starting camp. If they draft MM then they are under no pressure to start MM. Gore and Sanchez are not sexy moves by no means but they will benefit the team and direction.

It was a shot at Foles.Sanchez having such an incentive based deal is telling of a QB competition. One doesn't exist with Mariota. If we move to get him he's the starter.
Wait, what?? You're telling me there's open competition between Foles and Sanchez? And the incentives aren't there in case Mariota stinks? Seriously, an open competetion between Foles and Sanchez? After what we all witnessed Sanchez do last season, and what Foles has done in thr last two?
Yea I don't think there's a question that Foles is the guy if MM is not here.

If they cant move up for MM, do they move up for one of cooper, white, parker?

Me Thinks, yes.

Just a gut feeling

It was a shot at Foles. Sanchez having such an incentive based deal is telling of a QB competition. One doesn't exist with Mariota. If we move to get him he's the starter.
I can't see how he's getting a deal like that unless he was told something beforehand. If it's not for competition it's in the event of a foles injury. Either way, IMHO, this finishes off the Mariota talk.Start looking at Jalen Strong

I can't see how he's getting a deal like that unless he was told something beforehand. If it's not for competition it's in the event of a foles injury. Either way, IMHO, this finishes off the Mariota talk.
If Chip has an open competition between Foles and Sanchez, I quit.

Gotta love the spin doctors.

If they draft MM, you don't think there will be pressure to start him??? :lol:
Dude's starting day 1 if he's here. All we hear about is how perfect he is for this offense. Well then, I want 3rd year results from the rook.

Signing Sanchez was insurance. If they miss out on MM, then Foles and Sanchez will have a short QB competition in starting camp. If they draft MM then they are under no pressure to start MM. Gore and Sanchez are not sexy moves by no means but they will benefit the team and direction.
Gotta love the spin doctors.

If they draft MM, you don't think there will be pressure to start him??? :lol:
The hell are you talking about?
This

If they cant move up for MM, do they move up for one of cooper, white, parker?

Me Thinks, yes.

Just a gut feeling
There's going to be too many needs to go up to get Cooper or White IMO. It will be Parker or Strong IMO.

I'd like to have Devan Smith but Im not sure he plays big enough

Sanchez signed as backup so when they trade Foles to move up to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is that so hard to understand?

Sanchez signed as backup so when they trade Foles to move up to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is that so hard to understand?
Sanchez signed as a backup so when they keep Foles after failing to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is hat so hard to understand?

Oh yea cause they really have no correlation.

Cause Foles is a cheaper vet back up who looks better than Sanchez. That not enough?
What if Folesy is in the trade to get MM?

They're in a bit of a pickle with Foles....with him being a FA next year....he's either got to be the starter and franchise QB or he's got to be traded for the future franchise QB. No way they can hold onto him for a year and then let him walk at the end of this year.

Sanchez signed as a backup so when they keep Foles after failing to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is hat so hard to understand?

Oh yea cause they really have no correlation.
Part of me's hoping TEN buys into the "you need a franchise QB to succede in the NFL", refuses to trade the pick for anything and just takes MM.

Cause Foles is a cheaper vet back up who looks better than Sanchez. That not enough?
What if Folesy is in the trade to get MM?

They're in a bit of a pickle with Foles....with him being a FA next year....he's either got to be the starter and franchise QB or he's got to be traded for the future franchise QB. No way they can hold onto him for a year and then let him walk at the end of this year.
If there's a completion he will win it and get extended

If there's not one he will get an extension shortly after the draft and be named starter.

If he does not get an extension and explodes ala 2013 he gets franchised.

Sanchez signed as a backup so when they keep Foles after failing to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is hat so hard to understand?Oh yea cause they really have no correlation.
Part of me's hoping TEN buys into the "you need a franchise QB to succede in the NFL", refuses to trade the pick for anything and just takes MM.
Wait until after the pro days and it may be TB who takes him.

Users who are viewing this thread