What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

@ProFootballTalk: Jeremy Maclin's size, contract demands made his departure from Philly a no-brainer http://t.co/HiAK2ngRbB
Yes, with his size, how would he ever catch for 1300 yards? :rolleyes:
I get it but he was a huge volume guy with Foles and I'm sure many fans will tell you that he doesn't play big.
His ypc improved by almost 2 last season over his previous 3 year average. his catches went up by 1 per game. Not sure I see the "volume" increase. He'll be missed.

like what philly is doing, except for the whole sell out for mariota thing, which is probaby a media thing, cant see chip giving up the farm for him , especially when people like Foles/Sanchez are effective in the system
At most positions I'd agree, why mess with what has been good. But if Kelly thinks Mariota can be elite in his system, the farm is a fair price for an elite QB.
disagree. Even if you hit on the QB, it can take several years to be competitive because of all the value given up. If you already suck and have a high pick it's absolutely worth the gamble to spend that pick at QB, but it isn't worth multiple firsts ++.

@ProFootballTalk: Jeremy Maclin's size, contract demands made his departure from Philly a no-brainer http://t.co/HiAK2ngRbB
I get it but he was a huge volume guy with Foles and I'm sure many fans will tell you that he doesn't play big.
He doesn't, but there's a lot he does well. I'm not his biggest fan, but for this team it's a big loss. Maclin's a slick route runner who can get open anywhere, not just be open.

McCourty's staying in NE. Damn. Rough night.
@RapSheet: The #Patriots are keeping S Devin McCourty after a hard push from the #Jaguars, the #Eagles and the #Giants.
@JohnMiddlekauff: I am told Devin McCourty got 10 mil a year from the Pats.That would have pretty much ended our FA spending
@RapSheet: #Patriots S Devin McCourty will sign a 5-year, $47.5M contract, source said. Wow. And... turned down more elsewhere

@RapSheet: The #Patriots are keeping S Devin McCourty after a hard push from the #Jaguars, the #Eagles and the #Giants.
@JohnMiddlekauff: I am told Devin McCourty got 10 mil a year from the Pats.That would have pretty much ended our FA spending
@RapSheet: #Patriots S Devin McCourty will sign a 5-year, $47.5M contract, source said. Wow. And... turned down more elsewhere
Culture

He doesn't, but there's a lot he does well. I'm not his biggest fan, but for this team it's a big loss. Maclin's a slick route runner who can get open anywhere, not just be open.
I agree. I'm not discrediting him I just think maybe that's why Chip moved on. Plus Maclin wasnt a great blocker as well

Culture
Pretty much. I Don't even think we were one of the other teams who offered more.

Sanchez signed as backup so when they trade Foles to move up to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is that so hard to understand?
Cause Foles is a cheaper vet back up who looks better than Sanchez. That not enough?
Wat? I'm saying they trade Foles to get MM. I'm not getting the 'Sanchez signed = not going after MM' logic I guess.
Because Foles is cheaper than Sanchez so why waste the money?Look, even the biggest Foles supporters will tell you that teams are not lining up to aquire him. If he's involved in a trade he's holding like 4th-5th round weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanchez signed as backup so when they trade Foles to move up to get MM they have a vet backup. Why is that so hard to understand?
Cause Foles is a cheaper vet back up who looks better than Sanchez. That not enough?
Wat? I'm saying they trade Foles to get MM. I'm not getting the 'Sanchez signed = not going after MM' logic I guess.
Because Foles is cheaper than Sanchez so why waste the money?Look, even the biggest Foles supporters will tell you that teams are not lining up to aquire him. If he's involved in a trade he's holding like 4th-5th round weight.
Kevin Kolb traded for a player and a 2nd.

AJ freakin Feeley was traded for a 2nd.

Pretty sure Foles is worth more than a 4th/5th.

Kevin Kolb traded for a player and a 2nd.AJ freakin Feeley was traded for a 2nd.

What was Randy Moss traded for? Or do we just do Andy Reid trades?

None of it matter it means much. My point is that if he's included in a deal he has minimal value.

And Rob Johnson got traded for a 1st and a 4th. This is how teams learned what happens when you over invest based on a small sample size.

Am I the only one who thinks we overpaid for Gore? How does he get a higher annual salary than Ingram?
I'm kinda scratching my head on that one as well. Maybe Gore has a better agent. Its a shorter contract but damn Ingram's contract looks like he got schooled.

Am I the only one who thinks we overpaid for Gore? How does he get a higher annual salary than Ingram?
I'm kinda scratching my head on that one as well. Maybe Gore has a better agent. Its a shorter contract but damn Ingram's contract looks like he got schooled.
Agree, but depends on what's valued. Even though Gore is older, he's been waay more productive. Could be staying in NO was more important to Ingram than $$ as well. Who knows?

And Rob Johnson got traded for a 1st and a 4th. This is how teams learned what happens when you over invest based on a small sample size.
Matt Hasselbeck was traded for a 3rd and a swap of 1sts. Pretty sure Seattle didn't regret that.

Foles run in 2013 was a lot more impressive than anything any of those guys ever did on their original teams.

Matt Hasselbeck was traded for a 3rd and a swap of 1sts. Pretty sure Seattle didn't regret that.
True but Mike Holmgren had a fair idea what he was getting. Also have to say Matt Cassell didn't really work out for the Chiefs. It can work, but most of the time it doesn't.

@adamschefter: Barring a breakdown in talks, Frank Gore expected to sign a 3-year deal in which $7.5 million in first two years are guaranteed.

My opinion: I was okay with the Maxwell signing, this one leaves me guessing. The only thing I am thinking now is that they wanted veteran leadership from Gore and he has been a great RB in making 1-cut and going north and south. Seems that how Kelly wants his RBs to do, rather than dancing. Maybe he is hoping Gore will mentor Polk, or he is planning on drafting a rookie RB and having him mentored.
I am not sure i am remembering this right, but i heard some stories about how great of a leader Gore is in the locker room and everything. I think it was his rookie year and some knuckleheads were on that team and he would stand up and call them out for not being more professional. I don't remember the specifics of it, but they made a big deal of how he was just real great for the locker room and the guy you want on your team

First the Sanchez shocker, now the Maclin bombshell. WTF!

Maybe that rumored TB deal involving Mike Evans is for real...
What is the rumor?
I don't remember the exact details, but it was something like:Foles +

2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2016 1st, 2nd

2017 1st

traded to TB for #1 overall + WR Mike Evans.

Think I saw that rumor on this board, but I'm not sure.

Well, SF putting Kaep on the block adds another team potentially looking to trade up for MM to the list we'll have to bid with.

Well, SF putting Kaep on the block adds another team potentially looking to trade up for MM to the list we'll have to bid with.
If the 49ers aren't happy with Kaep's development they aren't going to trade up for Mariota.

Expect Kaep to be wearing an Eagles jersey soon.

What is the rumor?

2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2016 1st, 2nd

2017 1st

Don't think that was a real rumor, more like someone guessing at a deal they thought made sense. I see a lot of people OK with moving multiple picks like this for a player, but IMO that represents a fantasy metality where he with the most studs usually wins. The NFL is not like that. Studs still matter, but positions 20-40 on the depth chart matter just as much, and moving multiple high picks in several straight years for just one or two players makes it awfully difficult to adequately stock the middle of the depth chart.

DEPTH MATTERS IN THE NFL.

so i though free agency doesn't start until Tuesday. what is the point of having that when everything seems to be going on now

I hope we get Kaepernick. Besides Wilson he is the only other QB of that style I would want that is currently in the NFL. If this happens and we sign Worilds plus draft best player available. We are legitimate contenders in 2015. I know I am in the minority when I say this but when the Eagles signed Gore I put them in a win now mentality, even if they draft Mariota.

If you are against signing Kaepernick, please explain why he wouldn't run this offense any better than Wilson, Griffin or Mariota?

I hope we get Kaepernick. Besides Wilson he is the only other QB of that style I would want that is currently in the NFL. If this happens and we sign Worilds plus draft best player available. We are legitimate contenders in 2015. I know I am in the minority when I say this but when the Eagles signed Gore I put them in a win now mentality, even if they draft Mariota.

If you are against signing Kaepernick, please explain why he wouldn't run this offense any better than Wilson, Griffin or Mariota?
I hope your right. I just think he is a punk.

What is the rumor?

2015 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2016 1st, 2nd

2017 1st

Don't think that was a real rumor, more like someone guessing at a deal they thought made sense. I see a lot of people OK with moving multiple picks like this for a player, but IMO that represents a fantasy metality where he with the most studs usually wins. The NFL is not like that. Studs still matter, but positions 20-40 on the depth chart matter just as much, and moving multiple high picks in several straight years for just one or two players makes it awfully difficult to adequately stock the middle of the depth chart.

DEPTH MATTERS IN THE NFL.
The big problem with making moves like that is not so much that depth matters, it is that scouting generally sucks in the NFL and the bust rate is high for even top draft picks. There are very few actual difference makers in NFL and getting those guys is really important.

I would be OK with Kaepernick as an Eagle and think he would do fine under Kelly, but I think it's a big mistake to give up on Foles. The kid is a legit NFL starter and should be valued as one.

I would be OK with Kaepernick as an Eagle and think he would do fine under Kelly, but I think it's a big mistake to give up on Foles. The kid is a legit NFL starter and should be valued as one.
I 100% agree. Wrong scheme though. Place Foles in Indy instead of Luck and watch your out.

At the end of the year, barring a highly unlikely franchise tag, Foles will be able to decide his own future. At this point would he rather play for Kelly or someone like Arians or Big Red etc who isn't infatuated with running QBs? Will be very interesting if Foles comes back somewhere between 2013 and 2014 versions, say 3700 yards, 28 TDs, 12 picks. What would happen then?

IDK Ash. One team that will need a pocket passer at the end of the year is Denver. I do like your options though. I would hate for him to go to Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread