Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insein

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count

QB Bret Hundley?

===

Josh Norris retweeted

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 19m 19 minutes ago

Two things about #Eagles pick: 1) It's not Mariota 2) It's contingent on player still being there (he should be)

===

Josh Norris retweeted

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 21m 21 minutes ago

I know #Eagles 1st pick in draft. Sealed name in envelope, mailed to colleague @Andy_Fenelon. To be opened 4/30.

IMHO if its a QB its Bryce Petty

Gurley

RB is pretty much the last position I would expect them to draft in the 1st round.

Gurley

Running back is just about the last position I would expect them to draft in the 1st round.

I agree. Petty has been getting better and better reviews and he should be there when we pick if it is a QB.

@EliotShorrParks: Per @NBCdianna, the #Eagles and #Giants are the finalists to sign Brandon Graham.

@GeoffMosherCSN: I'd beware reports that Philly is still in play for Brandon Graham.

QB Bret Hundley?

===

Josh Norris retweeted

Two things about #Eagles pick: 1) It's not Mariota 2) It's contingent on player still being there (he should be)

===

Josh Norris retweeted

I know #Eagles 1st pick in draft. Sealed name in envelope, mailed to colleague @Andy_Fenelon. To be opened 4/30.

Last prediction on his Twitter feed...

Gil Brandt@Gil_Brandt · Mar 7

I think 1st big FA to sign will be Randall Cobb. My guess is it will be with either Jaguars or Raiders.

Cobb actually received better offers from the Raiders and Jags. He actually was loyal and knew he was better off staying in GB for less money.

QB Bret Hundley?

===

Josh Norris retweeted

===

Josh Norris retweeted

Last prediction on his Twitter feed...

Gil Brandt@Gil_Brandt · Mar 7

I think 1st big FA to sign will be Randall Cobb. My guess is it will be with either Jaguars or Raiders.

Cobb actually received better offers from the Raiders and Jags. He actually was loyal and knew he was better off staying in GB for less money.

Gil Brandt has been around long enough to have hits and misses but speculation of Cobb leaving was widespread and considering the Packers are the only team in NFL history to be paying two wide receivers in excess of $9 million and one of them, Cobb, being a slot WR and not leaving to take more money and change his position, well I don't find any reason to think that was bad speculation.

This time he seems to not be speculating. He states he KNOWS and he did seal the name in an envelope that will be opened on some show April 30th so we'll see if he is correct. I will say that their is a lot of time in between now and then so unless the Eagles have set their board in cement, doubtful IMHO, then its premature to be making such statements.

QB Bret Hundley?

===

Josh Norris retweeted

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 19m 19 minutes ago

===

Josh Norris retweeted

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 21m 21 minutes ago

Gurley

RB is pretty much the last position I would expect them to draft in the 1st round.

That's just what Chip's expecting! When did chip become Andy, because there are a lot of parallels.

At this point, I'm just going along for the ride. If we get MM, cool. Let's go win. If we keep Foles, awesome. Let's go win.

I'm all in with Hinkie and what he's doing and my biggest complaint against those that bash him is, what if his idea works? You'll have spent several years hating on him and wishing for him to fail for what? They'll be plenty of time later to yell about how awful his plan was if it fails.

I'm taking my own advice with Kelly. I'm not going yo be mad anymore if they throw the farm at MM. I'll see what happens and cheer along he way. If it fails, they'll be plenty of time later to complain.

QB Bret Hundley?===Josh Norris retweetedGil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 19m 19 minutes ago

===Josh Norris retweetedGil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 21m 21 minutes ago I know #Eagles 1st pick in draft. Sealed name in envelope, mailed to colleague @Andy_Fenelon. To be opened 4/30.

Gurley

That's just what Chip's expecting! When did chip become Andy, because there are a lot of parallels.

The whole MM rumors just seem way too obvious....why not throw out a hail Mary.

Get it done Chip

@GeoffMosherCSN: Oh boy... RT @AdamSchefter Patriots not picking up $20 million option in Darrelle Revis' contract; now set to become free agent Tuesday.

@JimmyKempski: While it is true that Chip Kelly cut Todd Herremans, a Caucasian, it was relayed to me via a source that Herremans had begun talking jive.

:lmao:

Get it done Chip

@GeoffMosherCSN: Oh boy... RT @AdamSchefter Patriots not picking up $20 million option in Darrelle Revis' contract; now set to become free agent Tuesday.

This would certainly bring a lot of people down from the Walt Whitman.

Hard to even imagine having a corner like Revis after the last few seasons.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Hearing Graham is close to returning now and @Tim_McManus has reported that Graham will return on 4 year deal at 6.5M per.

@Tim_McManus: Two sources close to Graham suggest he's returning to Eagles. 4 years, 6.5 million per, $14 million guaranteed.

@RapSheet: The #Eagles signed Brandon Graham to a 4-year deal worth $26M, source said. He gets $14M guaranteed

@Tim_McManus: Says Brandon Graham: Im just happy to be back with the Eagles.

@GeoffMosherCSN: Hearing Graham is close to returning now and @Tim_McManus has reported that Graham will return on 4 year deal at 6.5M per.

@Tim_McManus: Two sources close to Graham suggest he's returning to Eagles. 4 years, 6.5 million per, $14 million guaranteed.

4 years 16 mil. with 14 upfront "but pretend you didn't hear it yet so as not to upset the NFL" per Tony Bruno on WIP.

@shamus_clancy: Jason Worilds: 28 QB Hurries in 428 pass rush attempts

Brandon Graham: 39 QB Hurries in 240 pass rush attempts

(per @PFF)

Any chance we bring in Andre johnson?

Doubt it.

Get it done Chip

They have the space to do it. Love to see Maxwell and Revis playing CB in Philly.

Good. I like a Graham, Kendricks, Alonso, Barwin LB corps.

Eagles raced to sign Graham to quiet Stephen A. Smith. :D

Because signing Maxwell, Gore and Sanchez wasnt enough lol

And we cut Herramans

As far as Graham goes I like the signing and we had to do it but I do worry about him being full time this year. I hope he can make the transition.

It was either signing Graham or Chip Kelly was going to invite his exterminator to go out to lunch with him.

Because signing Maxwell, Gore and Sanchez wasnt enough lol

And we cut Herramans

Yeah, but that was just a token cut. The Eagles kept the racist WR.

Reading this thread i cant believe some eagles fans want to get rid of foles, all QBs suck when they have no oline and get hit 2 steps into a 5 step drop, but not all of them put up historical numbers (likes foles has) with solid blocking. Tom brady turns into geno smith when he faces the giants, peyton manning will never be the same after the rams violated him last season, and RG3 didnt suddenly forget how to play football he is seeing ghosts and hearing footsteps because he is scared ####less back there from the constant pressure. most nfl qbs tunnel vision the first read then checkdown, while foles is capable of going through the reads when he has some time, replacing him with a guy that has never taken a snap under center and wont be the fastest guy on the field anymore sounds like a recipe for disaster.

So re-signing Graham means cya later Demeco?

why would you think that?

Barwin, Alonso, Kendricks, Graham and a recovering Demeco at a 6.8m cap hit. Odd man out?

Eta: cant believe I forgot about 1st round stud Marcus Smith. Go figure. Oh and Brad Jones.

Any interest in Brandon Browner?

He could offer a nice CB2, and reunite with Maxwell.

Barwin, Alonso, Kendricks, Graham and a recovering Demeco at a 6.8m cap hit. Odd man out?

Eta: cant believe I forgot about 1st round stud Marcus Smith. Go figure. Oh and Brad Jones.

And no Worrilds

And no Worrilds

Nah, we also have white lightning Casey Matthews.

If cutting Ryans turns into Orlando Franklin I'm all about it.

Mikey miss is on the air right now saying that Mark Sanchez is a better quarterback then Nick Foles. he is also saying that the reason for the contract that Mark Sanchez got is because they intend to have him be the starter.

Mikey miss is on the air right now saying that Mark Sanchez is a better quarterback then Nick Foles. he is also saying that the reason for the contract that Mark Sanchez got is because they intend to have him be the starter.

:lol: I know you hate him but come on man he hasn't said that!

Eta: he just said he (Sanchez) stinks but they like him better than Foles.

Yeah he opened his show by saying the new deal for MS is proof Kelly prefers him over Foles and Sanchez will be the starter for the next year or 2 while they find their franchise QB.

I turned it off after that.

Yeah he opened his show by saying the new deal for MS is proof Kelly prefers him over Foles and Sanchez will be the starter for the next year or 2 while they find their franchise QB.

I turned it off after that.

I certainly wouldn't call it proof, but there is a certain logic to that. I don't see any way that Foles can be here if they draft whoever it is that they want to be the QB of the future, especially if you've got Sanchez and a new highly-touted rookie there.

:lol: I know you hate him but come on man he hasn't said that!

Eta: he just said he (Sanchez) stinks but they like him better than Foles.

No he said that. He said that Sanchez is better than Foles and that's why they signed him and not Foles yet. Ignoring the myriad of other reasons that would go into that.

He went on to elaborate that if they don't get MM and bring Foles back it would be for a QB competition "that Foles would most likely lose."

Well, ummmm

@rapoport: Free agent shocker: Frank Gore reconsiders potential/pending deal with the #Eagles, Im told.

6:52pm - 9 Mar 15

Well, ummmm

@rapoport: Free agent shocker: Frank Gore reconsiders potential/pending deal with the #Eagles, Im told.

6:52pm - 9 Mar 15

His agent was talking with Steven A.

@mattbarrows: Told by a friend of Gore's that he was in tears last night. Obviously conflicted. Has been curious abt Colts, working w/ Luck for some time.

Tears!!! There's no crying in football. Get the hell out of Philly. :)

A team with even an above average QB will always be appealing and Luck is much more than that. Understandable on Gore's part if that's the way it goes.

Are agents leaking all these deals w/ details as kind of a "Last Call!" in case anyone else is interested?