What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (4 Viewers)

Is all this QB upheaval and what seems like an over fondness for aging veterans reminding anyone else of Ray Rhodes?

JK mostly, but the thought did occur to me.

David Gambacorta @dgambacorta

It's almost 8 o'clock at night. Has Chip Kelly tried to sign or release you today? If so, please contact @PhillyDNSports.

9:43 AM - 10 Mar 2015
:lol:

A team with even an above average QB will always be appealing and Luck is much more than that. Understandable on Gore's part if that's the way it goes.

Are agents leaking all these deals w/ details as kind of a "Last Call!" in case anyone else is interested?
I would bet you have a little bit of everything. Some players may actually regret a deal after signing it and with this new tampering period you're giving the player that option. Or you just have a d-bag like Rosenhouse who wants a little extra money from an overzealous Chip.

Didn't a couple people do something like this last year?

Who was that Saints center that did that to us a few year back and ended up getting hurt??

A team with even an above average QB will always be appealing and Luck is much more than that. Understandable on Gore's part if that's the way it goes.

Are agents leaking all these deals w/ details as kind of a "Last Call!" in case anyone else is interested?
I would bet you have a little bit of everything. Some players may actually regret a deal after signing it and with this new tampering period you're giving the player that option. Or you just have a d-bag like Rosenhouse who wants a little extra money from an overzealous Chip.

Didn't a couple people do something like this last year?

Who was that Saints center that did that to us a few year back and ended up getting hurt??
That was LeCharles.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing Gore in this offense, but I'm not upset about this one. You can find competent NFL RB's at your local TGI Friday's.

If I was gore I would go to the Colts. The eagles look like they have little to no direction right now. ..
I agree with your first sentence but, LOL What? The Eagles have a pretty clear direction. Gore is at the end of his career so yes Indy is the better choice if he is after a Superbowl. Better he change his mind now than regretting it. All Chip wants is a downhill runner that won't give up negative yards. The good news is there are plenty other backs. Personally I thought we overpaid for Gore so all I can really say is thank you Gore.

babydemon90 said:
need2know said:
If I was gore I would go to the Colts. The eagles look like they have little to no direction right now. ..
Really? Seems like they're taking cap $$ and putting in on the defensive side, to hope scheme can make up the difference on the offensive side.
they probably overpaid maxwell, and they re-signed graham while losing cole --- what else have they done?

babydemon90 said:
need2know said:
Really? Seems like they're taking cap $$ and putting in on the defensive side, to hope scheme can make up the difference on the offensive side.
The offense on paper looks to be a mess.wr core is avg at best and no idea who the qb could be. Could be a rookie. Sproles is ok but what other legitimate proven playmaker on offense? If I was a vet looking for a place to win now, colts are in a much better spot.

babydemon90 said:
need2know said:
The offense on paper looks to be a mess.wr core is avg at best and no idea who the qb could be. Could be a rookie. Sproles is ok but what other legitimate proven playmaker on offense? If I was a vet looking for a place to win now, colts are in a much better spot.
With the offseason and draft now complete, I totally agree. The Eagles offense is a mess. Maybe they can fix that next offseason.

@EliotShorrParks: Cross Davon House off #Eagles watch list, even though they never showed interest, which is surprising.

@EliotShorrParks: House gets $6.5 per year for 4 years from Jags, according to multiple reports. Thats a good deal for both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
@975TheFanatic: Schefter: Gore called people and said: I'm not feeling (Philadelphia). I don't feel good about this.

@FO_wordofmuth: Feel like people are gonna make it about Chip if Philly misses out on Andre Johnson & Gore, but I think it's more about Luck vs Foles

Last edited by a moderator:
@SeifertESPN: Per @EliasSports, #Eagles will be 3rd team in NFL history not to return a 1,000-yard rusher + 1,000-yard receiver from previous season.

babydemon90 said:
need2know said:
With the offseason and draft now complete, I totally agree. The Eagles offense is a mess. Maybe they can fix that next offseason.
I am talking about today from gores point of view. Today it's a mess. He can only look at what's going on right now

Frank Gore told people he 'wasn't comfortable' with Eagles prior to backing out of deal with team

Less than a full day after agreeing to sign with the Eagles during the league's legal tampering period, running back Frank Gore reconsidered and pulled out of his deal with the team Monday.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it wasn't just about the money for the veteran running back who reportedly is strongly considering signing with the Indianapolis Colts when the league year officially opens Tuesday at 4 pm.

"He was telling people, I am going to the Eagles," Schefter said Tuesday during an appearance on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike In The Morning. "I have a deal in place."

However, after thinking about his decision, Schefter says that Gore started to have second thoughts sometime Monday.

"Yesterday morning, I got a phone call saying 'you need to track Gore, he's getting cold feet here.'" Schefter explained. "Now, the Eagles are onto other running backs. The Colts are onto Frank Gore as they were on Saturday, when they were talking about numbers but not exchanging offers. The Colts at that time had big money on the table. The Eagles came along and said we have even more big money on the table.

"On Sunday night [Gore] called some people and said 'I'm not feeling this' I should feel happy, I should feel excited right now and I'm not feeling it.'" According to Schefter.

"A lot of people when you make a decision you listen to your gut and he obviously wasn't feeling it. So, now Frank Gore is back on the market and a lot of guys are back on the market."

For Gore, 31, this is likely the final chance for the running back who rushed for 1,106 yards and four touchdowns last season to cash in via free agency.

The deal that the Eagles and Gore agreed to over the weekend was reported to be a three-year contract with $7.5 million in guarantees. While contracts cannot become official until free agency opens Tuesday afternoon it appears that the allure of playing in the AFC South and with Colts quarterback Andrew Luck was too alluring for Gore to pass up.
Sounds like he was set on the Colts then we offered more money and he came here before deciding back on Indy.

Frank Gore told people he 'wasn't comfortable' with Eagles prior to backing out of deal with team

Less than a full day after agreeing to sign with the Eagles during the league's legal tampering period, running back Frank Gore reconsidered and pulled out of his deal with the team Monday.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it wasn't just about the money for the veteran running back who reportedly is strongly considering signing with the Indianapolis Colts when the league year officially opens Tuesday at 4 pm.

"He was telling people, I am going to the Eagles," Schefter said Tuesday during an appearance on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike In The Morning. "I have a deal in place."

However, after thinking about his decision, Schefter says that Gore started to have second thoughts sometime Monday.

"Yesterday morning, I got a phone call saying 'you need to track Gore, he's getting cold feet here.'" Schefter explained. "Now, the Eagles are onto other running backs. The Colts are onto Frank Gore as they were on Saturday, when they were talking about numbers but not exchanging offers. The Colts at that time had big money on the table. The Eagles came along and said we have even more big money on the table.

"On Sunday night [Gore] called some people and said 'I'm not feeling this' I should feel happy, I should feel excited right now and I'm not feeling it.'" According to Schefter.

"A lot of people when you make a decision you listen to your gut and he obviously wasn't feeling it. So, now Frank Gore is back on the market and a lot of guys are back on the market."

For Gore, 31, this is likely the final chance for the running back who rushed for 1,106 yards and four touchdowns last season to cash in via free agency.

The deal that the Eagles and Gore agreed to over the weekend was reported to be a three-year contract with $7.5 million in guarantees. While contracts cannot become official until free agency opens Tuesday afternoon it appears that the allure of playing in the AFC South and with Colts quarterback Andrew Luck was too alluring for Gore to pass up.
Sounds like he was set on the Colts then we offered more money and he came here before deciding back on Indy.
not to nitpick

but there was no deal

there could not have been

I'm personally hoping for the Eagles to sign either or both of Spiller and Crabtree. Maybe it's because I have both on my dynasty team, but all kidding aside. Spiller can do some of what McCoy did and he's got lots of tread left. Crabtree I think was in the same draft as Maclin and the #6 overall player. he hasn't been a star, but no one has looked great in SF with Smith and Kaep the past few years. He could help the Eagles and is only 27.

not to nitpick

but there was no deal

not to nitpick

but there was no contract

there was a verbal agreement to the parameters of a contract

@975TheFanatic: Schefter: Gore called people and said: I'm not feeling (Philadelphia). I don't feel good about this.

@FO_wordofmuth: Feel like people are gonna make it about Chip if Philly misses out on Andre Johnson & Gore, but I think it's more about Luck vs Foles
Of course it is, if being compensated well, there's 0 reason for both of them not to go to Indy. Philly is a complete toss up right now, and many transactions to come. Indy is set, kind of a no brainer IMO.

Wants for today:

- Maxwell not to back out

- Sign Spiller or Forsett for about $4-6 mil

- Sign Crabtree for about $6-7 mil

- Kick the tires on Cromartie and Revis

Wants for today:

- Maxwell not to back out

- Sign Spiller or Forsett for about $4-6 mil

- Sign Crabtree for about $6-7 mil

- Kick the tires on Cromartie and Revis
Revis doesn't seem like a culture guy that Chip would want.
Nope. Plus he seems like the type that would goto a team on the brink and hold them up for a ton of cash to get them over the hump. I'd say Indy but I don't know of they have the cap space.

Users who are viewing this thread