Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insein

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count

And if we moved Shady and replaced him with Gore I don't see why they would look at Spiller or Forsett. Im thinking a bigger guy like Murray or Peterson or draft one

And if we moved Shady and replaced him with Gore I don't see why they would look at Spiller or Forsett. Im thinking a bigger guy like Murray or Peterson or draft one

I think they're drafting one either way, but they need a vet in here.

Maybe they'll wait for a camp casualty.

If the below is true we won't add any of these guys

@Rand_Getlin: LeSean McCoy gets $16M this year, Peterson likely to get $12M+, DeMarco Murray looking for $8M ... Will a team jump at Spiller at $6M per?

@Rand_Getlin: LeSean McCoy gets $16M this year, Peterson likely to get $12M+, DeMarco Murray looking for $8M ... Will a team jump at Spiller at $6M per?

I love the Roy Helu suggestion brought up earlier, the guy can flat out okay and for some reason the Skins kept him buried behind Alfred Morris.

I love the Roy Helu suggestion brought up earlier, the guy can flat out okay and for some reason the Skins kept him buried behind Alfred Morris.

I'd be OK with him too. Probably cheaper.

Wants for today:

- Maxwell not to back out

- Sign Spiller or Forsett for about $4-6 mil

- Sign Crabtree for about $6-7 mil

- Kick the tires on Cromartie and Revis

Good list, personally mine is:

1. Agreed

2. Spiller at 4 or 5 million I'd love, if not then Helu.

3. Rather sign Denarius Moore and draft a WR to develop

4. Revis would be amazing.

Helu is a nice player, but come on now, Morris is an excellent runner. 80% of the RBs in the NFL would be stuck behind him.

I just took a look at the RB's and I'm thinking it's going to be Ridley, Helu or Pierre Thomas.

Whichever one is the biggest leader will be the one we get.

@ZBerm: On Day 1 of free agency last year, Eagles signed Malcolm Jenkins, Donnie Jones; released P. Chung. Day 2, signed Maragos & Braman.

Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks 1m1 minute ago

Per @JordanRaanan, the #Giants offer to Brandon Graham was for just one year. #Eagles gave him 4 years. Yikes. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/03/giants_offer_to_brandon_graham_was_for_one_year_on.html …

As Eliot shorr-ly knows, the years usually don't mean much. all about the guaranteed money.

Yea, have no problem with him changing his mind during the 3 day period. That's why it's there, right?

Yeah, I don't get anyone who is upset with this. During the feeling-out phase, reporters are going nuts trying to be first. who knows how certain the deal really was with the Eagles. And it seems like the Indy contract is a little better monetarily, so there's that.

I was listening to 97.5 while waiting for my son to get out of school and I cant believe Chip Kelly being a racist is actually their topic of discussion with an hour before FA. I swear we easily have the worst talk radio and some of the most idiotic fans I have ever heard

Yea, have no problem with him changing his mind during the 3 day period. That's why it's there, right?

Yeah, I don't get anyone who is upset with this. During the feeling-out phase, reporters are going nuts trying to be first. who knows how certain the deal really was with the Eagles. And it seems like the Indy contract is a little better monetarily, so there's that.

I don't have any problem with it......if it was a 26 year old Frank Gore I would take a totally different position.

I was listening to 97.5 while waiting for my son to get out of school and I cant believe Chip Kelly being a racist is actually their topic of discussion with an hour before FA. I swear we easily have the worst talk radio and some of the most idiotic fans I have ever heard

"Chip is keeping the vocal black man down and building a white team". :lmao::angry::X:cry:

I almost smashed my radio then i put on easy listening. ####### brutal.

Frank Gore told people he 'wasn't comfortable' with Eagles prior to backing out of deal with team

Less than a full day after agreeing to sign with the Eagles during the league's legal tampering period, running back Frank Gore reconsidered and pulled out of his deal with the team Monday.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, it wasn't just about the money for the veteran running back who reportedly is strongly considering signing with the Indianapolis Colts when the league year officially opens Tuesday at 4 pm.

"He was telling people, I am going to the Eagles," Schefter said Tuesday during an appearance on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike In The Morning. "I have a deal in place."

However, after thinking about his decision, Schefter says that Gore started to have second thoughts sometime Monday.

"Yesterday morning, I got a phone call saying 'you need to track Gore, he's getting cold feet here.'" Schefter explained. "Now, the Eagles are onto other running backs. The Colts are onto Frank Gore as they were on Saturday, when they were talking about numbers but not exchanging offers. The Colts at that time had big money on the table. The Eagles came along and said we have even more big money on the table.

"On Sunday night [Gore] called some people and said 'I'm not feeling this' I should feel happy, I should feel excited right now and I'm not feeling it.'" According to Schefter.

"A lot of people when you make a decision you listen to your gut and he obviously wasn't feeling it. So, now Frank Gore is back on the market and a lot of guys are back on the market."

For Gore, 31, this is likely the final chance for the running back who rushed for 1,106 yards and four touchdowns last season to cash in via free agency.

The deal that the Eagles and Gore agreed to over the weekend was reported to be a three-year contract with $7.5 million in guarantees. While contracts cannot become official until free agency opens Tuesday afternoon it appears that the allure of playing in the AFC South and with Colts quarterback Andrew Luck was too alluring for Gore to pass up.

Sounds like he was set on the Colts then we offered more money and he came here before deciding back on Indy.

not to nitpick

but there was no deal

there could not have been

not to nitpick

but there was no contract

there could not have been

there was a verbal agreement to the parameters of a contract

i think the eagles should come out and say that

it'd be fun, and it would surely sway public opinion there waty

of course, they'd get sanctioned...

no deal till today 4:00, only discussion

perhaps this is a lesson to teams not to leak this "agreements" early

"Chip is keeping the vocal black man down and building a white team". :lmao::angry::X:cry:

I almost smashed my radio then i put on easy listening. ####### brutal.

this #### is amazing

even hearing about Stephen A until I heard his audio i could not believe how ridiculous it was

NFLN's @AlbertBreer said Eagles made unsuccessful pitch for WR Andre Johnson.

3:00pm - 10 Mar 15

Sean Brace actually sounded pissed off they were even discussing it. Must've come down from above.

@malcolmjenkins: Is it too late to tell these guys "Philly ain't bad at all" ... Chip is a great guy! And who doesn't like sports science and Cheesesteaks?

3:40pm - 10 Mar 15

Tell 'em Malcolm!! :thumbup:

@Jeff_McLane: Kiko Alonso has already been in and out of Philly for physical. Will officially become Eagle momentarily. Back to Calif to finish rehab.

Well this is depressing, Seattle is looking unstoppable on paper. And unlike the Eagles dream team, they have a legit franchise QB and strong leadership group.

this off season is nuts

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Rams close to trading QB Sam Bradford to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and draft-pick compensation, per sources.

any other off season i would say that report is garbage, but now i believe anything

How would you have to give the rams anything for Bradford let alone a competent QB AND picks. Kelly is an idiot if this is true.

What the ####. Are you kidding me?

to be fair it could be a rumor

I'm going full EatDat#### right now. Wow this is stupid.

Well, if we wanted a mobile quarterback, I would have gone a different direction. If we are pulling this plug to get trade bait to move up in the draft, well then maybe it makes sense.

I was all in on the Maxwell move and I will stop at that. Trying to keep the faith here.

Maybe first stop in a 3way to Tampa ?

or the jets

Love a healthy Bradford in Kelly's O

rams would have loved a healthy Bradford.

@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Rams close to trading QB Sam Bradford to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and draft-pick compensation, per sources.

Good Lord. Please let this not be true. Sanchez would have his fingers crossed, he'll earn his playing time money.

If we're swapping 20 for 10 then this has to be first step to get Mariota.