What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (2 Viewers)

@MattLombardo975: From what I'm hearing, the #Eagles acquired Sam Bradford as the guy to run Chip Kelly's offense. They believe in him. Don't expect a trade.

@PSchrags: Great job by @MikeGarafolo on @FOXSportsLive . On validity of Eagles/Mariota rumors: "Yes! Everything is on the table with this guy."

10:11pm - 10 Mar 15

Watched NFL Network panel analysis on Bradford in Chip's system. And at the end of the segment they all giggled and started saying "well yea if he's still there".
The bolded. Anyone who thinks they know what Kelly will do next doesn't know Chip Kelly.

Add Bradford to the long ### list of QB'S Kelly needs to run his offense.

@EliotShorrParks: In 2013, Foles had 221 rushing yards.

In his entire career, Bradford has 244. #Eagles

@Tim_McManus: Sanchez agreed to terms thinking he'd have a chance to compete for starting job. If pen hasn't gone to paper, wonder if he reconsiders.

I just fail to see how this is anything but, at best, a lateral move (not even including the draft pick considerations). Bradford makes a Ford Pinto look durable.

My god if Bradford sucks, or more likely shreds another ligament, we're starting from scratch in 2016. So much wrong with this, it's unfathomable.

It actually gets worse the more I read:

@eaglescentral: Eagles have 23.45M in cap space, per OTC. Bradford costs 12.985M. So they have 10.465M to sign a RB, WR, RG, CB, S, etc. #Eagles

I've been pretty willing to give Chip Kelly benefit of the doubt on most moves. But more I look at this Bradford trade more baffled I am

@JasonLaCanfora

Last edited by a moderator:
@PSchrags: Great job by @MikeGarafolo on @FOXSportsLive . On validity of Eagles/Mariota rumors: "Yes! Everything is on the table with this guy."

10:11pm - 10 Mar 15

Watched NFL Network panel analysis on Bradford in Chip's system. And at the end of the segment they all giggled and started saying "well yea if he's still there".
The bolded. Anyone who thinks they know what Kelly will do next doesn't know Chip Kelly.
I don't get it. Does he drink a lot? It all just seems so nuts.

@EliotShorrParks: Bradford trade is same principal as allowing Chip to trade multiple picks for Mariota: have to let him get HIS qb, no matter the price/logic

Sorry but I really don't believe that sam Bradford is the guy chip needs to run his offense. There was a ton of speculation that chip would "sell the farm" to get up to 1-2 for Mariota. So far he's jetisoned Foles and a 2nd. My guess is that they will restructure bradfords contract, take the cap hit internally to take that issue away (they have the space to do so) and package him and a few picks to Tampa-who may very well not like what they see in Mariotas play or Winstons character. Bradford was the number one a few years ago-granted the dude hasn't been able to stay healthy but when he last played he did well with nothing. Him throwing to mike Evans makes that team infinitely better than last year and Lovie doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that wants to deal with a rookie qb. Just my $0.02- this is far from over-Bradford will never put on the midnight.
So what would a trade look like to move from 20 to 1?Also, if it does happen I will be excited to see the reaction of bucs fans.
I'd say Bradford for the number 1 and Mike Evans.

@EliotShorrParks: Bradford trade is same principal as allowing Chip to trade multiple picks for Mariota: have to let him get HIS qb, no matter the price/logic
Same principle but one is 8 years older and has been injured multiple times on top of showing very mediocre prowess in the league. At least MM we don't know he sucks yet.

Can't wait for all the top 5 teams beating our door down for Bradford now.

It actually gets worse the more I read:

@eaglescentral: Eagles have 23.45M in cap space, per OTC. Bradford costs 12.985M. So they have 10.465M to sign a RB, WR, RG, CB, S, etc. #Eagles
wat

that's impossible --- is that possible?

I seriously thought they had, like, 40m after taking bradford

Same principle but one is 8 years older and has been injured multiple times on top of showing very mediocre prowess in the league. At least MM we don't know he sucks yet.

Can't wait for all the top 5 teams beating our door down for Bradford now.
The Browns reportedly tried trading for Sam Bradford before he was shipped to the Eagles in the Nick Foles deal.

Same principle but one is 8 years older and has been injured multiple times on top of showing very mediocre prowess in the league. At least MM we don't know he sucks yet.Can't wait for all the top 5 teams beating our door down for Bradford now.
The Browns reportedly tried trading for Sam Bradford before he was shipped to the Eagles in the Nick Foles deal.
Some damn good company we're in there.

Same principle but one is 8 years older and has been injured multiple times on top of showing very mediocre prowess in the league. At least MM we don't know he sucks yet.Can't wait for all the top 5 teams beating our door down for Bradford now.
Yea they probably were offering a couple of 3rds when Chip Kelly called and Fisher said "I'm sorry, Clev GM, you're not going to believe what Kelly is giving me."

To which the Cleveland GM started laughing and said "Damn, yea I'm sorry I ain't that desperate you gotta take that."

No way Foles was resigning with the Eagles after his rookie contract was up, with all this Mariota talk, I'm sure he wanted to go somewhere where he'd have a legit chance.

Yea they probably were offering a couple of 3rds when Chip Kelly called and Fisher said "I'm sorry, Clev GM, you're not going to believe what Kelly is giving me."To which the Cleveland GM started laughing and said "Damn, yea I'm sorry I ain't that desperate you gotta take that."
:lmao:

@EliotShorrParks: So for Foles, McCoy and a 2nd-round pick, Chip Kelly got Kiko Alonso and Sam Bradford. #Eagles
Can add DJax and Maclin to that.
Djax maybe, but I get them not signing Maclin at 11 mil per. He's not worth that.
We had the money and the need. He was worth it IMO
He most definitely was, especially with what you guys have left now at wr.

Foles stinks. I don't like Bradford much but if he meets the second round conditions he's an upgrade from Foles who is back peddling to St. Louis as we speak.
Nick Foles Record as starter under chip Kelly. - 14-4 (0-1 in the playoffs).

Perfect System Fit Michael Vick - 2-4

The guy just as good Mark Sanchez - 4-4

Don't sell me the system works for any QB. Because the one guy that does not fit AT ALL is 14-4 as a starter with other worldly numbers in 2013. In 2014 he is 6-2 with no running game (remember how the Eagles lost at the 49ers - afraid the run the ball from the 1" line with the game on the line), offensive line in shambles, and his best deep weapon sent packing. Oh by the way Maclin had his break out year too - thanks to Foles.

I never understand why the media and fans don't give Foles his due.

Hopefully he will be given a chance in St Louis and continue his career path that in on par with the way Brady started his career.

Nick Foles first three seasons (as the unwanted guy) 28 games - QBR 94.2, 61.6% completion, 46 TD 17 INT.

Tom Brady first three seasons - 32 games - QBR 85.8, 62.6% completion, 46 TD 26 INT.

Here's to hoping Nick goes on to have a great career and prayers Sam Bradford can survive an NFL season.

@EliotShorrParks: So for Foles, McCoy and a 2nd-round pick, Chip Kelly got Kiko Alonso and Sam Bradford. #Eagles
Won't they get a 3rd compensatory pick in 2016 for Maclin?
Most likely a 4th, but only if we lose more free agents than we sign.
Also partly depends on the performance of our new guys vs. our old guys, but have to think with Maxwell coming in it's probably close to neutral.

Djax maybe, but I get them not signing Maclin at 11 mil per. He's not worth that.
We had the money and the need. He was worth it IMO
Agree, you don't get bonus "W"s for salary cap space.

Worst thing (other than the whole deal itself) about this is that Bradford's on the last year of his deal and had refused to re-negotiate with the Rams to reduce that salary. Even if you're an optimist and Bradford becomes NFL Comeback Player of the Year, he can go straight to FA and we have a Maclin situation all over again, unless they either extend him sight unseen, or franchise him.

Ugh.

Oh, and for those in the rapidly forming "Chip Kelly doesn't understand player value" camp, Cary Williams got a pay rise (signing bonus included) and to play for a Superbowl contender. He has to be happy. I might have been a bit hasty on Cary myself, didn't think he'd be snapped up that quickly.

I think I've finally calmed down enough to apply logic to the situation. The utter disbelief, anger and nausea has subsided for now. I simply don't have any faith in Bradford's ability to succeed in this offense. Nothing in his body of work thus far suggests that he can. He has underachieved since he came into the league, and he's an injury waiting to happen. So I'm certainly dismayed that Chip likes him more that Foles. Even more galling is the fact that we had to give up additional picks to get Bradford. A one-for-one swap should have been doable. Rams would have gotten serious cap relief and a QB that they apparently like. Hell, I wouldn't really have liked that deal either, but at least it wouldn't have felt like highway robbery. Any veteran FF player knows a lopsided trade when they see one - this one is a stunning debacle.

So now I'm left to cope with the possibilities that Chip is a delusional talent evaluator and an incompetent dealmaker. Either conclusion alone would be very disappointing. Together they are nothing short of horrifying.

I think I've finally calmed down enough to apply logic to the situation. The utter disbelief, anger and nausea has subsided for now. I simply don't have any faith in Bradford's ability to succeed in this offense. Nothing in his body of work thus far suggests that he can. He has underachieved since he came into the league, and he's an injury waiting to happen. So I'm certainly dismayed that Chip likes him more that Foles. Even more galling is the fact that we had to give up additional picks to get Bradford. A one-for-one swap should have been doable. Rams would have gotten serious cap relief and a QB that they apparently like. Hell, I wouldn't really have liked that deal either, but at least it wouldn't have felt like highway robbery. Any veteran FF player knows a lopsided trade when they see one - this one is a stunning debacle.

So now I'm left to cope with the possibilities that Chip is a delusional talent evaluator and an incompetent dealmaker. Either conclusion alone would be very disappointing. Together they are nothing short of horrifying.
An error occurredYou have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Brilliant evaluation

Sorry but I really don't believe that sam Bradford is the guy chip needs to run his offense. There was a ton of speculation that chip would "sell the farm" to get up to 1-2 for Mariota. So far he's jetisoned Foles and a 2nd. My guess is that they will restructure bradfords contract, take the cap hit internally to take that issue away (they have the space to do so) and package him and a few picks to Tampa-who may very well not like what they see in Mariotas play or Winstons character. Bradford was the number one a few years ago-granted the dude hasn't been able to stay healthy but when he last played he did well with nothing. Him throwing to mike Evans makes that team infinitely better than last year and Lovie doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that wants to deal with a rookie qb. Just my $0.02- this is far from over-Bradford will never put on the midnight.
Bradford won't restructure. Unfortunately, Philly is stuck with him and his bloated contract.

Just saw all of this.

Speechless....absolutely no clue what to say other than I loathe this deal.

Might have to go get a Rams jersey.

Brilliant evaluation
Hearing that Chip has had his sights set on Bradford for weeks only adds to my distress. Because I don't see any logical conclusion other than Chip the GM got totally fleeced here. I'm prepared to be wrong about Bradford's ability - maybe Coach Chip can work some magic and unlock his potential. But I will always be convinced that GM Chip blew it. Compare it to the McCoy trade. He dealt a high-salary stud RB for a player with one excellent season and recent injury history. The deal was balanced by significant cap relief for the Eagles. Yet a nearly identical amount of cap space gained by the Rams apparently held no value here. They traded a high-salary mediocre QB for a player with one excellent season and recent injury history. They get huge cap relief, and we had to throw in picks too??? Unbelievable! Head-scratcher is too mild a term. I shudder to think of what Chip might do for an encore.Guess I picked the wrong day to give up drinking...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread